• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 |OT2| Farming Simulator 2287

omgkitty

Could you tell me before which quest I'm supposed to save. Spoiler tag the quest name please.

You can use the guide here.

Quest Walkthrough
[Main Quest] War Never Changes
[Main Quest] Out of Time
[Minutemen Quest] When Freedom Calls
[Minutemen Quest] Sanctuary
[Minutemen Quest] Taking Independence
[Minutemen Quest] Old Guns
This is the last Minutemen quest you need to do for trophies
[Main Quest] Jewel of the Commonwealth
[Main Quest] Unlikely Valentine
[Main Quest] Getting a Clue
[Main Quest] Reunions
[Main Quest] Dangerous Minds
[Main Quest] Shattered
[Main Quest] The Glowing Sea
[Main Quest] Hunter/Hunted
[Main Quest] The Molecular Level
Halfway through this quest you need to go off and meet the Railroad
[Railroad Quest] Road to Freedom
[Railroad Quest] Tradecraft
This quest will allow you to join the Railroad faction.
Here's where things can get messy if you don't make saves. You will meet the Institute, and advancing so far into this factions questline will make you an enemy of the Brotherhood of Steel. You want to start making manual saves when I say to. Be sure to remember which manual save is which.

Complete the following quests.
[Main Quest] Institutionalized
[Institute Quest] Synth Retention
[Institute Quest] The Battle of Bunker Hill
[Institute Quest] Mankind Redefined
[Institute Quest][SAVE #1 - MAKE A MANUAL SAVE BEFORE DOING THIS QUEST] Mass Fusion
Relaying to Mass Fusion will make you a permanent enemy of the Brotherhood of Steel.
[Institute Quest][IMPORTANT] Pinned
Minutemen will be here during this quest if you have been following this roadmap. Do NOT kill any of the Institute, or help the Minutemen with their assault. You can either:
A) Go into the building you are supposed to go in. Just sit and wait for the Institute to kill all the Minutemen.
B) Persuade the Minutemen to stand down.
[Railroad Quest] Underground Undercover - Part 1
Complete up until the part "Continue Working with Father"
[Institute Quest] Powering Up
A Synth will come up to you after the meeting and allow you to continue "Underground Undercover". Make sure to speak to the Synth when he comes up to you.
[Institute Quest][SAVE #2 - MAKE A MANUAL SAVE BEFORE DOING THIS QUEST] End of the Line
You will have to kill Railroad members during this quest.
[Institute Quest] Airship Down
[Institute Quest][Ending #1] Nuclear Family

Make a manual save if you want to come back to this one later. Now, reload Save #1.
[Brotherhood of Steel Quest] Reveille
Tune into Military Frequency AF95 and go to the Cambridge Police Station map marker. Alternatively, the BoS's Airship will arrive after completing the main story quest "Getting a Clue". You can go to the Airport and talk to the BoS there and they'll tell you to go to Cambridge Police Station to assist them.
[Brotherhood of Steel Quest] Fire Support
[Brotherhood of Steel Quest] Call to Arms
You will join the Brotherhood of Steel after returning to Paladin Dance at the end of this quest.
[Brotherhood of Steel Quest] Semper Invicta
[Brotherhood of Steel Quest] Shadow of Steel
[Brotherhood of Steel Quest] Tour of Duty
[Brotherhood of Steel Quest] Show No Mercy
[Brotherhood of Steel Quest] From Within
[Brotherhood of Steel Quest] Outside the Wire
[Brotherhood of Steel Quest] Liberty Reprimed
[Brotherhood of Steel Quest] Blind Betrayal
[Brotherhood of Steel Quest] Tactical Thinking
Talking to Lancer-Captain Kells will cause the Railroad to turn hostile. This is ok, as we made Save #2 earlier.
[Brotherhood of Steel Quest] Spoils of War
[Brotherhood of Steel Quest] Ad Victoriam
[Brotherhood of Steel Quest][Ending #2] The Nuclear Option (Brotherhood of Steel)
Make a manual save if you want to come back to this one later. Now, reload Save #2.
[Railroad Quest]Underground Undercover - Part 2
[Railroad Quest]Operation Ticonderoga
[Railroad Quest]Precipice of War
[Railroad Quest]Rockets' Red Glare

Alpende

You can use the guide here.

Quest Walkthrough
[Main Quest] War Never Changes
[Main Quest] Out of Time
[Minutemen Quest] When Freedom Calls
[Minutemen Quest] Sanctuary
[Minutemen Quest] Taking Independence
[Minutemen Quest] Old Guns
This is the last Minutemen quest you need to do for trophies
[Main Quest] Jewel of the Commonwealth
[Main Quest] Unlikely Valentine
[Main Quest] Getting a Clue
[Main Quest] Reunions
[Main Quest] Dangerous Minds
[Main Quest] Shattered
[Main Quest] The Glowing Sea
[Main Quest] Hunter/Hunted
[Main Quest] The Molecular Level
Halfway through this quest you need to go off and meet the Railroad
[Railroad Quest] Road to Freedom
[Railroad Quest] Tradecraft
This quest will allow you to join the Railroad faction.
Here's where things can get messy if you don't make saves. You will meet the Institute, and advancing so far into this factions questline will make you an enemy of the Brotherhood of Steel. You want to start making manual saves when I say to. Be sure to remember which manual save is which.

Complete the following quests.
[Main Quest] Institutionalized
[Institute Quest] Synth Retention
[Institute Quest] The Battle of Bunker Hill
[Institute Quest] Mankind Redefined
[Institute Quest][SAVE #1 - MAKE A MANUAL SAVE BEFORE DOING THIS QUEST] Mass Fusion
Relaying to Mass Fusion will make you a permanent enemy of the Brotherhood of Steel.
[Institute Quest][IMPORTANT] Pinned
Minutemen will be here during this quest if you have been following this roadmap. Do NOT kill any of the Institute, or help the Minutemen with their assault. You can either:
A) Go into the building you are supposed to go in. Just sit and wait for the Institute to kill all the Minutemen.
B) Persuade the Minutemen to stand down.
[Railroad Quest] Underground Undercover - Part 1
Complete up until the part "Continue Working with Father"
[Institute Quest] Powering Up
A Synth will come up to you after the meeting and allow you to continue "Underground Undercover". Make sure to speak to the Synth when he comes up to you.
[Institute Quest][SAVE #2 - MAKE A MANUAL SAVE BEFORE DOING THIS QUEST] End of the Line
You will have to kill Railroad members during this quest.
[Institute Quest] Airship Down
[Institute Quest][Ending #1] Nuclear Family

Make a manual save if you want to come back to this one later. Now, reload Save #1.
[Brotherhood of Steel Quest] Reveille
Tune into Military Frequency AF95 and go to the Cambridge Police Station map marker. Alternatively, the BoS's Airship will arrive after completing the main story quest "Getting a Clue". You can go to the Airport and talk to the BoS there and they'll tell you to go to Cambridge Police Station to assist them.
[Brotherhood of Steel Quest] Fire Support
[Brotherhood of Steel Quest] Call to Arms
You will join the Brotherhood of Steel after returning to Paladin Dance at the end of this quest.
[Brotherhood of Steel Quest] Semper Invicta
[Brotherhood of Steel Quest] Shadow of Steel
[Brotherhood of Steel Quest] Tour of Duty
[Brotherhood of Steel Quest] Show No Mercy
[Brotherhood of Steel Quest] From Within
[Brotherhood of Steel Quest] Outside the Wire
[Brotherhood of Steel Quest] Liberty Reprimed
[Brotherhood of Steel Quest] Blind Betrayal
[Brotherhood of Steel Quest] Tactical Thinking
Talking to Lancer-Captain Kells will cause the Railroad to turn hostile. This is ok, as we made Save #2 earlier.
[Brotherhood of Steel Quest] Spoils of War
[Brotherhood of Steel Quest] Ad Victoriam
[Brotherhood of Steel Quest][Ending #2] The Nuclear Option (Brotherhood of Steel)
Make a manual save if you want to come back to this one later. Now, reload Save #2.
[Railroad Quest]Underground Undercover - Part 2
[Railroad Quest]Operation Ticonderoga
[Railroad Quest]Precipice of War
[Railroad Quest]Rockets' Red Glare

Pfhew, thanks for this. Might just save this for my second playtrough.

Cre8

You want a shot at the champ? [NG gif winner July 23]
Maybe you don't have the wires connected to the broadcaster correctly. Try reattaching them or making sure the wires are attached to the right spot.

Try all different wiring, same result. Preston just keep repeating to fix the radio transmitter. aahh. been stuck on this for hours and cant finished other Preston mission because I cant speak to him. I'm gonna take my dogs for a walk and come back later to try again.

Anyone?

I'm at over 100 hours now and the settlement stuff is actively dragging the game down for me. I've stopped picking up all but 2 or 3 junk items for mats because I have already have crazy amounts of both stuff, but my settlements keep getting attacked which brings up a quest/waypoint, and even my most heavily fortified settlements like Sanctuary that have a stupid high defense rating still get attacked. Multiple times I have got notification a settlement was under attack, I go there and there's nothing happening at all, then I leave and it said I failed to protect the settlement and now everyone but the named NPCs at sanctuary are dead (down from 16). Since have really high defense doesn't seem to stop raider attacks that stops me from wanting to spend any time to actually build up my other settlements just to stop attacks from happening. And even if I wanted to do that I would have to deal with the game's incredibly clunky building and workshop system, as well as set up supply lines to all 15-20 settlements I have. And even ignoring all of that and the attacks I still have issues constantly with my shops being unasssigned even by named NPCs that cannot die, so I can't even just ignore everything else and just at the bare minimum use the settlement as a shop location.

It's incredibly infuriating. I'm glad it's there for people that want to mess around with it, but it's super clunky and actively intrusive to the game I want to play like I have all of their previous games. The 100% happiness trophy full-on stopped any drive I have to go for the Platinum. I would kill for a PS4 mod that just basically turns it off. If I was reviewing the game I would actually knock it points for this.

Welp, now you know never to join the minute men when Preston ask in future playthroughs.
Also about the high number of settlements. You can tell people to move from one settlement to another so you can gather people from like ten settlements to like two or three settlements as some settlers don't move.

Carcetti

Try all different wiring, same result. Preston just keep repeating to fix the radio transmitter. aahh. been stuck on this for hours and cant finished other Preston mission because I cant speak to him. I'm gonna take my dogs for a walk and come back later to try again.

Try a single 10 power generator instead of the 2 fives, maybe?

omgkitty

Pfhew, thanks for this. Might just save this for my second playtrough.

Yeah I just finished all the endings last night, and it's kind of a downer. I ran through the 2 endings I didn't want before doing the one I would have normally done, and I was just rushing through to finish because I didn't see any point in exploring on a save I wasn't keeping. All the endings are disappointing too, but that's another story.

Alpende

Yeah I just finished all the endings last night, and it's kinda a downer. I ran through the 2 endings I didn't want before doing the one I would have normally done, and I was just rushing through to finish because I didn't see any point in exploring on a save I wasn't keeping. All the endings are disappointing too, but that's another story.

I'll just play it like I am doing now and power trough to the other endings on my second playthrough.

omgkitty

I'll just play it like I am doing now and power trough to the other endings on my second playthrough.

Yeah or make a save somewhere around where that list says and then just play it how you want and jump back when you want to get the rest. It's what I should have done :\

Breads

Banned
OK, so I don't understand this game some time. I have such a good time and then I hit a stupid wall.

I was doing a bunch of quest for the minutemen. It was going great. Got to one called "Out of the Fire", and I had to kill some dudes called the
Forgers
. Cool. I go invade their base, things going well. Me and my explosive sniper rifle are owning everything and Strong is cleaning up everything else. I finally reach the last room where I'm supposed to fight the bossman.

And he's impossible. Power armor, laser rifle. Does about 4x as much damage as I do to him. The room is a giant square with little to no cover and I just have to strafe around and use all my stimpaks? Why? Why is this a thing? Am I just underleveld? Am I just forced to use power armor here? This is dumb.

I did it early myself and had some trouble with having the kid survive. Purified water/ cooked meat spam (30+ hp/ no stimpack animation interruption), med x, psycho, buffout, and possibly adictol is how I got through with it.

psylah

OK, so I don't understand this game some time. I have such a good time and then I hit a stupid wall.

I was doing a bunch of quest for the minutemen. It was going great. Got to one called "Out of the Fire", and I had to kill some dudes called the
Forgers
. Cool. I go invade their base, things going well. Me and my explosive sniper rifle are owning everything and Strong is cleaning up everything else. I finally reach the last room where I'm supposed to fight the bossman.

And he's impossible. Power armor, laser rifle. Does about 4x as much damage as I do to him. The room is a giant square with little to no cover and I just have to strafe around and use all my stimpaks? Why? Why is this a thing? Am I just underleveld? Am I just forced to use power armor here? This is dumb.

I am not familiar with this fight, but here are some anti-power armor strategies:

If you can get behind him (have your companion draw his attention) you can aim at the fusion core on the back of his suit in VATS. 1 or 2 hits to it should overload it and cause it to explode, mini-nuke style.

If that doesn't work, if you can hide long enough to get to a [HIDDEN] state, you can use a stealth boy to sneak up on him and pickpocket the fusion core from the suit, ejecting him.

lt519

Yeah or make a save somewhere around where that list says and then just play it how you want and jump back when you want to get the rest. It's what I should have done :\

I did it how your list laid it out but realized afterwards that you can actually do all the way up to Tactical Thinking for BoS even if you want to chose a different faction
like Railroad
. It's a couple levels worth of EXP that you lose out on if you chose a different faction to play end game with. Just a min/max suggestion. To do it the way omgkitty suggested actually only takes an extra 3-4 hours if you are trophy hunting since you only need to do the final mission with one faction in addition to
the institute

J-Tier

I've started building my settlement at Red Rocket. Tried sending Codsworth there, but he continues to hang out at Sanctuary. Any reason for this?

This game is like... Awesome? The best entry this year after Bloodborne. I'm wasting sooo much time on my Spectacle Island settlement.

I have a question. I'm playing on PS4. Later i will buy the PC version for mods. Is there a way to transfer or convert the PS4 save file in a Steam save file? Please tell me there is.

R0ckman

Thinking back I kind of wish the game took note of what you did before you faced Kellogg so that his behavior would change depending on whether you accomplished a lot before facing him. It just didn't feel right for him to be so apathetic and cocky when basically the epitome of doomsday was headed towards him, I had taken out tons of raiders' bases, killed Deathclaws with my bare hands, restored the Minute Men. Even just one line where he just admits he's a bit nervous about me coming for him would have helped. Even after he was dead he still didn't care, just accepted death and figured the Institute would go down with him.

Sentry Bots can be a pain. But just shoot their power core and *BOOM*. The Penetrator Perk is excellent for this as it allows you to shoot the back of Bots and Power Armours even if they're facing you. Lots of fun.
BOOOOM

Chitown B

Only if you have the ammo for it. Otherwise, you'll just have a 50 sitting around with nothing to put in it.

Luckily, I scavenge like hell in this game. 50s are hard to come by for me.

I get a lot of .50 in safes. Luckily my snipe only needs 1 or 2 shots to kill so I don't waste ammo

I was gonna put more effort into settlements, but the game reached a point where I don't need to buy anything anymore, I'm too OP, and I'm disappointed with the lack of dangerous and unique creatures roaming the lands. So for the rest of my playtime I'm just going through faction quests and getting all of the different endings.

N° 2048

This game just oozes atmosphere. Man. I love sitting in a chair during a radiation storm and just listening to that sound design.

Chitown B

Forgers

there's a
Fat Man in the building. I used that on him. Took like 2 shots.

Breads

Banned
Why is aluminum the hardest material for me to find. Everything else feels like it's so much easier to find in comparison. I have hundreds of gears, screws, and nuclear material but aluminum is the bane of my existence. I must have killed hundreds in my search for tin cans.

Why is aluminum the hardest material for me to find. Everything else feels like it's so much easier to find in comparison. I have hundreds of gears, screws, and nuclear material but aluminum is the bane of my existence. I must have killed hundreds in my search for tin cans.

Hospital equipment has tons of aluminum and the junk resets every 24 game hours, I believe. Could be wrong on that last point.

When you got aluminum in your personal inventory, tag that shit. So every item that has aluminum in it will be highlighted in the world and have an icon next to it in menus so you know that has aluminum. Shit does wonders. Also buy shipments from vendors too. Some sell 50 at a time.

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
Cool not even gonna attempt doing that. My OCD is strong, but this game is slowly curing me of it.

Their oversimplification of the quest does make it seem pretty boring.

You're collecting 10 holotapes to help your friend Nick have an understanding of the human consciousness that inhabits him. He, as a synth, knows he's not Nick Valentine but wants to close one final case - the case of Eddie Winter, a notorious crimelord. Eddie Winter is holed up in his hideout (he's now a ghoul), and you need to figure out the code. The code is on 10 holotapes scattered in police stations in the Commonwealth. You have to track these down - something Nick has been trying to do for 200 years.

Each holotape has a unique statement/story from Eddie Winter. Some are graphic, but they're all fun to listen to. I listened to the previous one as I was searching for the next one.

Then you finally gather all 10 holotapes and have real hatred for this Eddie Winter guy. So, you meet Nick at the hideout and pursue the guy that he's been trying to capture his entire life. Awesome quest. I loved it.

"Go to 10 places and collect things" is true, sure. But it's a gross oversimplification, in my opinion.

Machina

Banned
How do these overrides for Protectrons/Turrets work? I try activating them when either is nearby but it doesn't seem to work.

Pilgrimzero

How do these overrides for Protectrons/Turrets work? I try activating them when either is nearby but it doesn't seem to work.

I always set Protectrons to "Medic" and they dont attack me. Though if they are already walking around I don't think you can do anything about it.

Turrets sometime seem to turn off, sometimes not.

Messiek

This game is consuming my life. I have almost 60 hours in and 1 main quest completed. haha

I'm loving it and it's my first Fallout game!

Great, the 512k texture modder threw a hissy fit and made his mod private. Here's hoping this person sees sense and puts it back up again. "Due to the pathetic issues and mostly the lack of common sense!" was the modder's reasoning. What a chump.

Machina

Banned
I always set Protectrons to "Medic" and they dont attack me. Though if they are already walking around I don't think you can do anything about it.

Turrets sometime seem to turn off, sometimes not.

No I mean there is a pickup you can get that is like a holotape you insert into your pip boy and apparently they remotely hack robots and turrets. I just don't know how to work it :\

Johnnyabatti

Neo Member
So I just finished the mission with the "castle" and the game is bugged out.

It says meet the minutemen in the courtyard, but that waypoint keeps moving all over the map. There's one dude in there and he just repeats the same generic NPC lines over and over. Preston Garvey is nowhere to be found. If I fast travel the mission fails, if I sleep too long the mission fails, and despite killing the queen it says I haven't killed all the eggs, when I certainly have. I'm at a loss. I'm on PC, is there a way to just teleport Preston Garvey to me, which I would assume solve the problem?

I had the same problem. I was able to fix it by fast traveling to the caste, and running my ass to the marker on the map where Preston apparently was. Fast traveling to Prestons marker wouldn't work, as the marker would then appear back at the castle!

When I was running to Preston from the castle, I noticed his marker was also travelling in my direction, and I soon realized he was running to the castle himself, so I ended up meeting him half way. Annoying bug though, wasted my time.

ckohler

Just out of curiosity, what is it commonly need it for?

Breads

Banned
Pretty much every gun mod needs at least some adhesive and aluminum.

And in decent sized quantities too. Like 6-8 per higher end mod, several mods per weapon.

You can grow adhesives. Tatos, Corn, Mutfruit, and Purified water lets you craft Starch which breaks down to 5 adhesive. Can't grow aluminum though :(

Hospital equipment has tons of aluminum and the junk resets every 24 game hours, I believe. Could be wrong on that last point.

When you got aluminum in your personal inventory, tag that shit. So every item that has aluminum in it will be highlighted in the world and have an icon next to it in menus so you know that has aluminum. Shit does wonders. Also buy shipments from vendors too. Some sell 50 at a time.

Thanks for the tips. I'll keep those in mind the next time I play.

Seriously, insult the users who are simply asking for help? Wow. I actually needed it to help with indoor lag, wanted to see the installation instructions again because I forgot to delete the old vanilla texture files. My graphics card is old (and a laptop one too, it's a GTX 660M) so this was a godsend for me.

Top Bottom