• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 |OT2| Farming Simulator 2287

In the farthest North Eastern section of the map there's a place called Something Fish Packing. It's got some synths outside. Inside there are probably about 70 or 80 trays on the conveyor belts that all have aluminum. They are 1 weight each so make sure you are in PA or have empty inventory + empty companion to loot it all. Go back every couple in game days and it refreshes. Infinite aluminum!

You're my hero for a day. I'm part of the never enough aluminum crew.

Guys where do I find Cryo ammo? I have the Cryolator here but I am not finding a lot of ammo for it, but I do have the first stage of the Scrounger perk.
I've only seen them in vendor. I haven't seen them drop from enemies or from scavenging. Maybe its because I haven't invested points into any luck perks.

Any good spots to farm levels? I'm 41 ATM.
I've never seen a guide for level farming but for me, all I did was scavenge and loot everything I come across and use those to craft to get some exp. I leveled mostly from placing objects in settlement and cooking every available food. Someone might be able to give you another tips or guide if you don't like crafting or settlements :p

go up to a settler, hit R1 or the equivalent in your system and establish a supply line to your main settlement. then you can make a network of supply lines. they just need to connect to another settlement that is connected to the network, like this for example:

Fallout-4-Supply-Lines.jpg
Wow, I played for for 80 hours and I never knew you could do this.

So guys level 52 and no perks in charisma...is there any way to get the achievement for 100% large settlement happiness? Sanctuary is at like 40% and they have beds, food and water!

lt519

Any good spots to farm levels? I'm 41 ATM.

Go hunt for the Giant creatures, they give good chunks of XP and usually have some bigger enemies near them. Definitely hit up Spectacle Island. Quincy Station was another good spot for enemies for me. Side Quests ultimately get you there fastest though. You'll get a few hundred on completion and a lot fighting enemies throughout. Check out the Silver Shroud sidequest; just some stuff to get you started.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
How can you tell which settlers are assigned to which task/building?

I can't see anywhere that shows it.

If a settler happens to be near what they are assigned to, hovering over them while in workbench mode will highlight the settler as well as whatever they are assigned to. It's a shitty system but all we have currently.

lt519

If a settler happens to be near what they are assigned to, hovering over them while in workbench mode will highlight the settler as well as whatever they are assigned to. It's a shitty system but all we have currently.

Give them unique clothing items like fedoras for your shopkeeps and welding goggles for your farmers. Helped me when I got up to 21 settlers and 16 shops.

Question about modding weapons: say I'm done with a gun with mods on it, how do I most effectively get the mods back for use? Do I have to change everything back to "Standard" mod or does scrapping the weapons remove the mods automatically and put them in my inventory?

Question about modding weapons: say I'm done with a gun with mods on it, how do I most effectively get the mods back for use? Do I have to change everything back to "Standard" mod or does scrapping the weapons remove the mods automatically and put them in my inventory?

If you want the mods you have to "Craft" it back to standard sadly. I just scrap it unless it is the most expensive mod of that type.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like

You have to craft it back to standard. Thankfully almost all standard mods have extremely low component costs, sometimes none at all.

danowat

Banned

It certainly is a bit shitty at the moment

Give them unique clothing items like fedoras for your shopkeeps and welding goggles for your farmers. Helped me when I got up to 21 settlers and 16 shops.

And that's actually a pretty good idea, without resorting to a pen and paper it's hard to keep track of what everyone is doing.

Ken

Go hunt for the Giant creatures, they give good chunks of XP and usually have some bigger enemies near them. Definitely hit up Spectacle Island. Quincy Station was another good spot for enemies for me. Side Quests ultimately get you there fastest though. You'll get a few hundred on completion and a lot fighting enemies throughout. Check out the Silver Shroud sidequest; just some stuff to get you started.

Giant creatures?

lt519

I killed Swan and two Queens already, unless there's more.

There are a few more out there, just do a quick google search. They aren't worth a ton of XP, but the
Queens
in particular net some good XP and caps from cooking . It's just something fun to do while working towards level 50. edit: just go play around on Spectacle Island, it's fun (;

So I beat the game earlier this morning

and

the story wasn't so great, the whole you must find your son thing threw off everything pacing wise, and the reveal was stupid

No role playing whatsoever at least not what I would expect from a WRPG, it's more like a JRPG where you can customize your character

I didn't like the perks

I ran a int, per, and agi build, and none of the perks seemed great at least in comparison to New Vegas

Gameplay was pretty great though, it's definitely beth's best feeling game and shooting peeps felt great.

Here's hoping they get arkane or the dark messiah guys to do the combat for TES6

Yeah as always melee combat is severely underwhelming. They really need to improve that. It's just no fun doing the same repeated animation with the same reaction from the enemy and little to no creativity with how you can attack.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
why the fuck cant you remove, move, store, do anything with the beds in Warwick Homestead settlement o_O

eyeless

i've played 73 hours so far and have only done some minutemen quests and just joined the brotherhood yesterday. i didn't know what the other factions were until i just read about them on this page. where would i go to initiate the railroad questline? unless it's just following the main questline, in which case that's all i need to know. i asked in here if anyone could give me an estimate of how much of the main questline i've done if i last finished the
dangerous minds
quest twice but no one answered so..

the way i play these games is to mete out the main quest and not finish the main quest until i'm ready to be finished with the game, i just tend to lose the draw to return to games if i don't have some ultimate purpose still out there. even though the main quest in beth games are always the least important thing.

Starfield

SPOILERS:

Can I complete "The Mohecular level" quest without offending and faction or race? I still have some missions for the BoS and Railroad left. I haven't even gotten into the Institute obv

johnsmith

remember me
Somehow one of my settlers had a legendary rifle with bonus radiation damage. Now idea how she got a hold of it. Definitely wasn't stolen from me as I would have remembered, plus I got that new legendary item popup when i took it from her.

i've played 73 hours so far and have only done some minutemen quests and just joined the brotherhood yesterday. i didn't know what the other factions were until i just read about them on this page. where would i go to initiate the railroad questline? unless it's just following the main questline, in which case that's all i need to know. i asked in here if anyone could give me an estimate of how much of the main questline i've done if i last finished the
dangerous minds
quest twice but no one answered so..

the way i play these games is to mete out the main quest and not finish the main quest until i'm ready to be finished with the game, i just tend to lose the draw to return to games if i don't have some ultimate purpose still out there. even though the main quest in beth games are always the least important thing.

Go to the
Old North Church
to initiate the Railroad quest line. In order to begin it, you will have to go inside and find the path that leads underneath. Once you come to the
metal wheel that says BOSTON and some other words on it, spin and activate the wheel one letter at a time to spell out 'RAILROAD'. This will open the door to the HQ and allow you to begin their quests.

You are about 30-40% through the main story, I'd say.

i've played 73 hours so far and have only done some minutemen quests and just joined the brotherhood yesterday. i didn't know what the other factions were until i just read about them on this page. where would i go to initiate the railroad questline?

The quest for the Railroad is called "Road to Freedom" and you need to follow the freedom trail to the end. Unlike a lot of other quests, there's no markers or anything to guide you.

dab0ne

I'm guessing it's not just me but is anyone else's settlements glitched out like mad? In the stats on my pip boy I'm Missing beds, missing people, missing defences but when I show up everything is fine.

Is there an actual guide out there for the 'The First Step' quest, the one where you kill all the raiders in the Corvega car factory?

My marker tells me to go to this specific place in the local map but I've spent forever going around the various floors in circles and I have no idea how to get to that place, it's confusing as hell. Pretty hilarious that one of the very first quests in the game has a more confusing dungeon than anything I encountered in the main story or in the handful of side quests I've done.

GravyButt

Figured ill ask again:

Say you have a modded combat rifle that does 79 damage and has a bonus 25% modifier for being legendary. Plus you have a level 2 rifleman perk (think its 40%) what would be the total damage? Or does the game already calculate that all in and thats where the 79 damage comes in to play when I look at in my inventory? (Im assuming thats not the case though) so if my quick math in my head is correct it's really doing 130ish damage per bullet?

I don't think I've ever been so uncomfortable playing a game in such a long time.

I just end up playing Spotify in the background (ps4) because I can't handle the unnerving and eerie soundtrack while you have them meddling ghouls ruining your good exploring time lol. (Yes I'm a wuss)

Hit O and put on freedom radio baby!

Citadel

So after about... 80 hours (between two characters), I finally experienced my first radiation storm. Saw/heard it coming in, and... wow. I think this is the first time that a game has immersed me so well that I actually felt unnerved when the storm hit. So well done. I had to stop building and decide how I wanted to avoid it. Really unsettling and I don't know why. But impressive.

Now back to making some floors. Building sim 2287

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Is there an actual guide out there for the 'The First Step' quest, the one where you kill all the raiders in the Corvega car factory?

My marker tells me to go to this specific place in the local map but I've spent forever going around the various floors in circles and I have no idea how to get to that place, it's confusing as hell. Pretty hilarious that one of the very first quests in the game has a more confusing dungeon than anything I encountered in the main story or in the handful of side quests I've done.

You missed a stair in the first floor where there is a turret, just turn left when you enter the first hallway if i remember correctly, i got lost too.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
radiation storms lose their effectiveness when waiting/sleeping solves it lol
Time for a silly question because I never bothered to look I to it because it doesn't matter much to me.

Can you use the wait command while not sitting down? Because if it's possible I have completely missed it. The quicksave option has really disregard the need to use wait to force autosave to kick in lime you would in previous Fallout games.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Time for a silly question because I never bothered to look I to it because it doesn't matter much to me.

Can you use the wait command while not sitting down? Because if it's possible I have completely missed it. The quicksave option has really disregard the need to use wait to force autosave to kick in lime you would in previous Fallout games.

No, they got rid of it here.

Top Bottom