• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 |OT2| Farming Simulator 2287

Anyone know how I can share resources between my settlements like steel? I have both Local Leader perks...

Go up to a settler in your build mode and "Assign to Supply Line." Choose the settlement you want to share with and it's as easy as that.

Note, the stuff won't show up in the workbench BUT you will have access to all of it in the build mode.

skynidas

Banned
Anyone know how I can share resources between my settlements like steel? I have both Local Leader perks...

go up to a settler, hit R1 or the equivalent in your system and establish a supply line to your main settlement. then you can make a network of supply lines. they just need to connect to another settlement that is connected to the network, like this for example:

Fallout-4-Supply-Lines.jpg

End of 'Road to Freedom':

"Would you sacrifice your life for a synth?"
"No."
"Here's the rest of the questline, anyway."

Mw0E9ol.gif

Is it even possible to fail a quest in this game?

Pilgrimzero

"No."

Mw0E9ol.gif

Yea and I had Nick with me....

Also

The robo navy stuff. While funny and I sided with them because it was the "right thing" apparently I would have normally taken the humans side and killed the robots. Actual humans over robots any day.

Will the end of one of the factions will OBLIGATORY piss of the TWO others ?

I mean, I fortified the Castle (militia place), if I finish the Brotherhood quest will Militia be pissed ? Will people be hostile in the Castle fort ?

MayMay

Banned

I mean, I fortified the Castle (militia place), if I finish the Brotherhood quest will Militia be pissed ? Will people be hostile in the Castle ?

The Minutemen always stay on your side, I think. Otherwise you'd lose like.. all of your settlements which'd be really dumb.

I mean, I fortified the Castle (militia place), if I finish the Brotherhood quest will Militia be pissed ? Will people be hostile in the Castle ?

You can never ever piss off the Minutemen enough to make them an enemy. They are the one guaranteed ally at the end of the game (you will definitely piss off at least two of the other factions though).

Steel

Banned

I mean, I fortified the Castle (militia place), if I finish the Brotherhood quest will Militia be pissed ? Will people be hostile in the Castle fort ?

The militia is always on your side.

The Minutemen always stay on your side, I think. Otherwise you'd lose like.. all of your settlements which'd be really dumb.

So it's only between the Brotherhood and the rail, right ?

You can never ever piss off the Minutemen enough to make them an enemy. They are the one guaranteed ally at the end of the game (you will definitely piss off at least two of the other factions though).

Wait, there's 4 factions total ?

You can't piss off the minutemen. They are separate from the story chain unless the others aren't an option.

And again, the game will tell you when you have reached a point where someone else will get pissed off. You cant reach the end of any factions questline with out pushing the main story that forces you to decide, so feel free to do whatever until that point

Edit: the institute is the 4th. Sounds like you aren't very far.

My understanding is that Minutemen are the only faction you can keep on your side.

I think between all of them I'm sticking with this order with the final being my actual choice:

BoS
Institution
Minutemen [assuming we have to choose them?]
Railroad

"No."

Mw0E9ol.gif

I only failed a quest towards the end of the game where the game starts presenting you with more hardline faction decisions that lock you out of other factions/make other factions hostile.

I finished the main quest today, after 40 hours I feel like I'm done with this game. I don't feel as compelled to keep exploring as I did with New Vegas.

You can't piss off the minutemen. They are separate from the story chain unless the others aren't an option.

And again, the game will tell you when you have reached a point where someone else will get pissed off. You can reach the end of any factions questline with out pushing the main story that forces you to decide, so feel free to do whatever until that point

Edit: the institute is the 4th. Sounds like you aren't very far.

Yep -- the Minutemen, Brotherhood, Railroad, and Institute. I think that every ending guarantees at least two of the latter three are your enemy postgame.

Ok thanks. I'm holding on purpose on the main quest. Thanks !

FStop7

Banned
I've put like 30 hours into this game and I haven't even been to Diamond City.

I've been putting off buying a new PC for months and months because I didn't care that much about games. Not even Witcher 3 moved me.

But now I can't wait to get a new PC just because of Fallout 4. I don't even care that I've already invested that 30 hours into the PS4 version.

Lakitu

st5fu
Go up to a settler in your build mode and "Assign to Supply Line." Choose the settlement you want to share with and it's as easy as that.

Note, the stuff won't show up in the workbench BUT you will have access to all of it in the build mode.

go up to a settler, hit R1 or the equivalent in your system and establish a supply line to your main settlement. then you can make a network of supply lines. they just need to connect to another settlement that is connected to the network, like this for example:

Thanks guys.

Ok thanks. I'm holding on purpose on the main quest. Thanks !

I meant can't in my post BTW. You can't finish any faction without pushing the main story.

If you want to be stress free, here is the name of the first mission that is a lockout point.

. Mass Fusion.

Until that point, you are good to pursue whatever. I know I was stressing until I learned that. Especially when it came to trying to finish a particular companion rep.

ditta

Neo Member
I only failed a quest towards the end of the game where the game starts presenting you with more hardline faction decisions that lock you out of other factions/make other factions hostile.

I finished the main quest today, after 40 hours I feel like I'm done with this game. I don't feel as compelled to keep exploring as I did with New Vegas.

That's exactly how I feel. I actually sold it for £35. Not bad for £1.86. Maybe I'll re-visit it in the future. Maybe I lack the motivation but that shouldn't be necessary. I just didn't feel like I got pulled in. I haven't had that feeling in awhile or since Last of Us.

GravyButt

So I found the
valtec rep
in goodneighbor and sent him to sanctuary. I tried to assign him to my general store emporium but he wont do it. Ive clicked it a million times. He wont do any job for that matter. Any time I talk to him he just tells me how swell it is being here yadda yadda. What gives? First time I talked to him at sanctuary hill it asked if I wanted to give him a job I said yes but it asked what other settlement I wanted to send him to, so I backed out. Now nothing seems to work. What to do?

Disxo

End game spoilers:
Fuck...I love my
son but he has a really bad idelogy
... can I finish the game wait
till he dies and make the institute racism free?

That's exactly how I feel. I actually sold it for £35. Not bad for £1.86. Maybe I'll re-visit it in the future. Maybe I lack the motivation but that shouldn't be necessary. I just didn't feel like I got pulled in. I haven't had that feeling in awhile or since Last of Us.

Yeah I feel like I did get my $60 CAD worth. I enjoyed the 40 hours I spent wandering around the Commonwealth but at the last 10 hours I just kept thinking "Well, I can't wait to see what Obsidian does with this 'improved' engine."

I guess an apt comparison would be that Bethesda FO games tend to be post-apocalyptic, whereas the Obsidian ones tend to be post-post-apocalyptic. God I REALLY liked New Vegas. Played it twice both on PS3 and PC.

Giever

End game spoilers:
Fuck...I love my
son but he has a really bad idelogy
... can I finish the game wait
till he dies and make the institute racism free?

That's the way I wanted to go. As far as I can tell you can't really do that after you beat the game. You just get a few small new quests to help them out in various ways, but you don't really get to make any big choices for them. You're basically relegated to pretending that since you're the director you get to sway the opinions of the scientists about synths over the coming months or years or whatever. Use your imagination I guess, since the game won't let you roleplay it.

Mindman

How do I find my settler who is the supply line runner, to connect additional settlements?

Fury451

Banned

"No."

Mw0E9ol.gif

Not really. One of the big failings of the game. Despite all of the minute details that got right, it feels like regardless of your actions or attitude, nothing really ever "costs" you anything. You get shoved down the road to success regardless.

Steel

Banned
How do I find my settler who is the supply line runner, to connect additional settlements?

It needs to be a different settler for each route. Oh, and the supply line runner can die if you're in the same cell as they are, so consider using companions you don't like/have maxed. I use Strong since he doesn't like me looting junk, and I need junk for my settlements.

Disxo

That's the way I wanted to go. As far as I can tell you can't really do that after you beat the game. You just get a few small new quests to help them out in various ways, but you don't really get to make any big choices for them. You're basically relegated to pretending that since you're the director you get to sway the opinions of the scientists about synths over the coming months or years or whatever. Use your imagination I guess, since the game won't let you roleplay it.

Fuck man...Well, I guess Im with the railroad now, sorry shaun but you werent raised by me so Im not you mother anymore.
(I think Im role playing a bit too much haha)

TBiddy

I did the
"Pull the plug" quest at Thicket Excavations and accidentally hit Sully in the back, while fighting a legendary ghoul
. I failed the quest and looked up on wikia.com what would happen next in that quest chain.

Apparantly it was all for the better of the world, since
Sully will form a raiding gang to raids settlements. Killing him early saved me a lot of headache :D
:D

Not really. One of the big failings of the game. Despite all of the minute details that got right, it feels like regardless of your actions or attitude, nothing really ever "costs" you anything. You get shoved down the road to success regardless.

This is definitely true, although I did appreciate that they give you at least a little freedom in that you can gun down the leadership of every faction the minute that you meet them. Just for kicks I dropped a mininuke in the middle of Maxson's speech and was fairly surprised that the game let me kill off him and the rest of the Brotherhood leadership.

I don't think I've ever been so uncomfortable playing a game in such a long time.

I just end up playing Spotify in the background (ps4) because I can't handle the unnerving and eerie soundtrack while you have them meddling ghouls ruining your good exploring time lol. (Yes I'm a wuss)

Pilgrimzero

I heard this a lot, yet I have 20 on inventory

The doctor at diamond city will charge 40 caps for cleaning up rad

I have sold like 20. Have about 10 in my house and 5 on my character.

Much like other Fallout games you start off really scrounging for things but later have amassed a ton of stuff.

GravyButt

Say you have a modded combat rifle that does 79 damage and has a bonus 25% modifier for being legendary. Plus you have a level 2 rifleman perk what would be the total damage? Or does the game already calculate that all in and thats where the 79 damage comes in to play when I look at in my inventory? (Im assuming thats not the case though)

This is definitely true, although I did appreciate that they give you at least a little freedom in that you can gun down the leadership of every faction the minute that you meet them. Just for kicks I dropped a mininuke in the middle of Maxson's speech and was fairly surprised that the game let me kill off him and the rest of the Brotherhood leadership.

Yeah, I remember being disappointed with the questlines in Skyrim (loved the game though, played it a lot), after I was spoilt by New Vegas, especially the civil war ones which were basically "go to fort, kill people, rinse and repeat" and also the endless draugr tombs. Fallout 4 is a step up from the usual Bethesda writing, though. I wished they'd took more from the New Vegas playbook, but as it stands, they're getting better in some ways. I hope they step it up for the next Elder Scrolls game, and also let Obsidian have another go at making another Fallout with the Fallout 4 engine. That would be my GOTY if that ever came to fruition.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Why is aluminum the hardest material for me to find. Everything else feels like it's so much easier to find in comparison. I have hundreds of gears, screws, and nuclear material but aluminum is the bane of my existence. I must have killed hundreds in my search for tin cans.
In the farthest North Eastern section of the map there's a place called Something Fish Packing. It's got some synths outside. Inside there are probably about 70 or 80 trays on the conveyor belts that all have aluminum. They are 1 weight each so make sure you are in PA or have empty inventory + empty companion to loot it all. Go back every couple in game days and it refreshes. Infinite aluminum!

Does starting a new game add to the save files of the character you already have, or does is start a separate folder/ instance?

When you create a new character it gets its own separate set of saves. If you start a new game from the very first save the game makes as you are exiting the vault, it will share that save with the other character.

Aside from your quick save slot none of your new character's saves will ever overwrite the old ones.

Guys where do I find Cryo ammo? I have the Cryolator here but I am not finding a lot of ammo for it, but I do have the first stage of the Scrounger perk.

Top Bottom