• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 |OT2| Farming Simulator 2287

JustinBB7

So if I make my supply lines into 1 big circle, all of them will share all my supplies I drop off at sanctuary? I made a few supply lines, but they only had like 1% of what I have in sanctuary so I didn't see much use in the system.

Really hoping a GAF'er can help me out with this. I'm trying to find the clothing found in the screenshot:

v5jWvyI.png

fallout-4-gamers-have-already-created-famous-characters-we-know-and-love-713202.jpg

I found them once on one of my playthroughs but cannot for the life of me remember where. Anyone know? (or what the item number is so I can spawn one in via console :p)

pringles

The quest for the Railroad is called "Road to Freedom" and you need to follow the freedom trail to the end. Unlike a lot of other quests, there's no markers or anything to guide you.
Any non-spoilery hints for this one? Or are you likely to advance that quest by just playing through the main-quest and such? I haven't been able to advance that quest yet.

Echoplx

Really hoping a GAF'er can help me out with this. I'm trying to find the clothing found in the screenshot:

v5jWvyI.png

fallout-4-gamers-have-already-created-famous-characters-we-know-and-love-713202.jpg

I found them once on one of my playthroughs but cannot for the life of me remember where. Anyone know? (or what the item number is so I can spawn one in via console :p)

It's the covert sweater vest, you get it from the railroad faction

id: 0009AC97

Is it possible to play a stealthy power armor build?

I know it is funny, you are wearing a ton worth of armor and you want to do stealth, but I'm already deep into my build so I am just wondering.

vocab

Is ballistic weave mk5 better in the end or is it still better to mix and match a full set of armor? I feel like youd only use one piece of armor if only it had some crazy stats on it, but i have yet to find one at all.

UberLevi

Is ballistic weave mk5 better in the end or is it still better to mix and match a full set of armor? I feel like youd only use one piece of armor if only it had some crazy stats on it, but i have yet to find one at all.

I think you can put Ballistic Weave on a couple of outfits that allow for armor to go over them, if you want the best of both worlds.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.

There are outfits you can weave and stack armor on top of. The army fatigues go to 110.

pringles

What do you want to know, where it starts or how to do the following?
I've only picked up the quest so far, have no idea what to look for and/or where to "follow the freedom trail". I guess anything to point me in the general direction would be helpful!

So I encountered an area which didn't load properly, with missing geometry and low res textures everywhere, on the PS4. Is there anything I can do to force it to load? Fast traveling to it did nothing.

I think you can put Ballistic Weave on a couple of outfits that allow for armor to go over them, if you want the best of both worlds.

Yeah. It sucks they don't allow the BOS outfits though.

Only like a very select few like baseball outfit, the miliary/army uniforms, minutemen outfit, and a few others.

Actually I find it amazing that there aren't more places like this, or at least close to it. Raider squalors and ruins are one thing, but places of business and actual homes still have piles of trash in corners and broken toilets. Did people forget how to clean up and do basic repairs while at the same time remembering how to work a terminal, farm, and practice the basics of economy?

It's 200 years after the war, I guess someone finally realized it doesn't take centuries to build or repair a house (or just clean it...) =)

Lol you're right.
It's been 200 years and people barely done anything to improve their lives. It's like 20 years, not 200 years after the war.

What are those clothers the left char is wearing called ingame?

I believe it's the road leathers. Quite a common loot from the raiders.

What's the undergarment that guy is wearing on the right?

Hopefully a mod comes out so I can upgrade some of the regular armor. So tired of having to look like a scrap heap.

The bomber jacket.
I looted it from a BOS knight body from a fallen vertibird.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
Damn, I guess all the clothes I owned didn't let me put shit on top of it. Thanks.
Here I decided to look it up for you!

The only clothing that you can Mod with Ballistic Weave AND still put Armor Pieces on top are:

Army Fatigues
Baseball Uniform
Dirty Army Fatigues
Green Shirt and Combat Boots
Military Fatigues
Minuteman Outfit
Tattered Rags

Yep that's it according to the Prima Guide and I'm just speaking about clothing here people and NOT the full set Outfits.

N° 2048

Here I decided to look it up for you!

The only clothing that you can Mod with Ballistic Weave AND still put Armor Pieces on top are:

Army Fatigues
Baseball Uniform
Dirty Army Fatigues
Green Shirt and Combat Boots
Military Fatigues
Minuteman Outfit
Tattered Rags

Yep that's it according to the Prima Guide and I'm just speaking about clothing here people and NOT the full set Outfits.

All I need =D

Is Tinker Tom someone you come across in the story? or do I have to look for him?

Haven't started main quests yet.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
All I need =D

Is Tinker Tom someone you come across in the story? or do I have to look for him?

Haven't started main quests yet.
You need to join the
Railroad
and do 1 Quest to prove your worth,2 Quests from a doctor in the faction and 2 Quests from a sweet gal name PAM to unlock Ballistic Weaving after you speak with Tom (you don't have to bother with Tinker Tom's Radient Quests to unlock it).

It's silly that they lock that weave ability behind a faction questline. My BoS character never bothered with the Railroad, I didn't even know that was a thing until I saw people posting about it here.

I got my settlement to 98% happiness. I'm so close yet so far lol

I'm working on getting my 100% settlement running on spectacle island. After that I'm reloading my save and building a regular settlement. :lol

N° 2048

You need to join the
Railroad
and do 1 Quest to prove your worth,2 Quests from a doctor in the faction and 2 Quests from a sweet gal name PAM to unlock Ballistic Weaving after you speak with Tom (you don't have to bother with Tinker Tom's Radient Quests to unlock it).

It's silly that they lock that weave ability behind a faction questline. My BoS character never bothered with the Railroad, I didn't even know that was a thing until I saw people posting about it here.

Do I have to be locked in to that Faction to get that mod?

Spoiler free as possible.

Sarcasm

Time for a silly question because I never bothered to look I to it because it doesn't matter much to me.

Can you use the wait command while not sitting down? Because if it's possible I have completely missed it. The quicksave option has really disregard the need to use wait to force autosave to kick in lime you would in previous Fallout games.

No, they got rid of it here.

Wait command still exists it even mentions it.

The catch is....you have to be sitting down for it to work.

ryan299

I'm working on getting my 100% settlement running on spectacle island. After that I'm reloading my save and building a regular settlement. :lol

Best strategy I found was to build 4 bars, 4 traders, 2 clothing and 6 clinics. Then build a chair and bed next to a bell. Ring the bell, sleep 24hrs 4 times then wait in the chair 24hrs 4 times. Once thats done ring the bell again and wait, your happiness should go up like 2 points.

93-100 takes soooo long though.

Also achievement unlocked. Thank god lol

Xion_Stellar

Do I have to be locked in to that Faction to get that mod?

Spoiler free as possible.
Nope! You can go in kiss their shoes for 5 Quests and get out if you wish once you get your Mod.

The Synths are not hostile for me. I'm doing a mission for
the railroad, first mission with Deacon, after having been to the institute
. It's really easy because I can just walk through while they attack
Deacon
. I can attack them and they don't become hostile.

Disxo

Can anyone help
me decide who to side with at Bunker Hill? How did it play out for you guys?
I sided with the railroad by not shooting anyone except the courser at the end, and kept my relations with the brotherhood and the institute with smooth talking skills. AKA: dont press circle

Fjordson

Interesting. I stumbled upon that railroad to freedom quest yesterday, but didn't think much of it. May start it asap now.

Also, I love Nick Valentine, but I'm kinda digging Piper now. She's replaced Nick as my main companion. Both are so much better than Preston. Dude was super dull.

Can anyone help
me decide who to side with at Bunker Hill? How did it play out for you guys?

I honestly don't think it makes a significant difference but
I told the railroad and once I arrived the Institute and BOS troops were there and were both non-agressive towards me even while I killed them, anyways Father asked me to meet him at CIT, I said it was an ambush, he was suspicious but didn't really care. Oh and I killed people from every faction except the railroad, no consequences

Zoidberg

Anyone else get nothing but legendary melee weapons? All I get are canes and baseball bats, and after 35 hours I've yet to receive a single legendary gun :(

Trace

Banned
Anyone else get nothing but legendary melee weapons? All I get are canes and baseball bats, and after 35 hours I've yet to receive a single legendary weapon :(

It's mostly melee weapons for me, I do find I got a lot of heavy legendaries for some reason too. Found an unlimited gauss rifle tho, lordy.

kamineko

Does his best thinking in the flying car
Late game faction question:

Does Shaun ever explain what the institute is trying to do? He hasn't explained it to me, and I haven't had the best options for asking him to explain it.

The Railroad and the Brotherhood also have failed to make a compelling pitch. I feel like I'm supposed to care more about picking a side than I do, so I wonder if I've missed something. I try to read stuff I come across and pay attention, but I feel like I'm supposed to feel some kind of emotional weight that just isn't there.

Other than the dead cats, because fuck that

Sarcasm

Wondering if anybody has a base at Castle? Can yea share yea pics? Trying to do something not liek I did back at Sanctuary.

Wondering if anybody has a base at Castle? Can yea share yea pics? Trying to do something not liek I did back at Sanctuary.
DN9fPZX.jpg

Can someone help me with the end-game?

I have been to the Institute but just talked with my "son" and refused to enter. I went back to the wastelands and theres no credits or nothing. What am I doing wrong?

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Man it really sucks that you can't take the third option in the BOS mission
Blind Betrayal, i just wanted to take the third option so bad because fuck that dude but i can't because it breaks everything, would have been cool tough.
If any of you guys finished that mission you should know what i'm talking about.

jond76

Banned
Near the beginning trying to build up Sanctuary. How the hell do I find more crops? I explored and found some mutfruit and such but harvesting that did not translate to being able to plant it back home. Help!

MrDaravon

Wait, so will companions pick up weapons and ammo from corpses that you loot but leave the weapons on or something? Multiple times now Piper has all of a sudden had a minigun or modded out shotgun or something else that I most certainly never gave her. It's hilarious but I'm not sure exactly what's happening there. I also usually pick up weapons and ammo off corpses, so I'm almost wondering if she's getting to stuff before I am which would actually be kind of annoying.

I also need a mod on PS4 that lets Buddy be a travel companion thanks

Top Bottom