• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 |OT2| Farming Simulator 2287

imBask

Banned
just finished the game

Got the minuteman ending and really liked it, I just checked some of the other endings and i'm glad I got that one!

Companion question. Do you need to reach a certain point in the game to get idolized status with
Nick
? I swear I've been using him so much, and it just won't trigger. I reached max with 4 other ones I believe, and they were quick.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Companion question. Do you need to reach a certain point in the game to get get idolized status with
Nick
? I swear I've been using him so much, and it just won't trigger. I reached max with 4 other ones I believe, and they were quick.
I suspect it was simple coincidence, but finishing his personalized quest is what put him over for me.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
This is an event that happens only if you kill him, I believe.
I know I didn't kill him, but she came after me anyway. I followed him for a while to see where'd he go, then got bored. I assume he happened to get attacked in the Commonwealth somewhere. I used charisma to get myself out of any trouble with the daughter.

Yup. I never followed up on that. I wonder if you even can or if its just a little easter egg

Theres a way to get around it and someone already told you :)

seems like a nice little addition.

She came to me demanding to know what I did to her dad because the dude who I gave half the money to blamed for the death of her father even though he simply moved on to another life in some other place.

She at first came to ask me if I knew anything about him, and the second time she accussed me. With high charisma it wasn't even an issue. But then she just hangs around the city for a bit and then leaves

I should have killed that fucker who accused me though. Maybe one day I will.

SURPRISE LATE REVENGE

I suspect it was simple coincidence, but finishing his personalized quest is what put him over for me.

Son of a...I just risked his quest spoilers after you brought that up by looking on the wiki, and yep, you need to reach a certain point in the main story to unlock his quest. Shit. I could have raised up 2 more companions in the time I've been using him.

Does the Railroad ever get a better looking HQ? I've mostly been siding with them, but I'm thinking of jumping ship to either the Institute or the Brotherhood, since their bases are nice and clean.

I know it's a ridiculous reason, but the Railroad just feels rundown and defenseless.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
The Silver Shroud is the. worst. goddamned. quest. ever. I hate it so much.

You mean the best

Does the Railroad ever get a better looking HQ? I've mostly been siding with them, but I'm thinking of jumping ship to either the Institute or the Brotherhood, since their bases are nice and clean.

I know it's a ridiculous reason, but the Railroad just feels rundown and defenseless.

Yes they do.

Your kickass base that you built in a settlement :3
Sorry :/

Just started the game an hour ago and I'm already hoarding scrap metal and a bunch of other shit like wood and rubber. Going into this game pretty blind so other than the quick pop-ups giving little info and a few article headlines and video titles I don't know much about building, should I bother this early on? I just met the dog at Red Rockets.

The railroads are the worst. I mean "synths are humans?" Are you drunk? No they're not.

sangreal

so I tried visiting virgil
after visiting the institute because I don't seem to have the quest to find whatever it is he wanted there. he is hostile to me now though? is that normal?

Just started the game an hour ago and I'm already hoarding scrap metal and a bunch of other shit like wood and rubber. Going into this game pretty blind so other than the quick pop-ups giving little info and a few article headlines and video titles I don't know much about building, should I bother this early on? I just met the dog at Red Rockets.

You're fine, you can do as you please from any point of the game after getting out of the vault because that is the game. I spent a large chunk working on sanctuary before I moved out because I ran out of resources.

Nah you can wait a bit, they give you a quest to teach some basics of settlement building so you just wait for that to pop-up in sanctuary hills.

Kssio_Aug

Nah, dont bother with buildings until much later in the game, except if you're REALLY interested in doing it for fun.

Focuses on making your character stronger! I particulary, am at level 25 and upgraded mainly sneaking, life giver and rifleman perks, I'm pretty strong thanks to that (30 hours in, playing on XB1). Its also recommended to upgrade the perks that allows you to make armor and weapon mods.

joe2187

Banned
Welp...

Game now hard crashes on launch now 100% of the time...wonderful.

Im not gonna restart this shit over again.

On PS4 BTW, cant really do much about it.

Sarcasm

I have 8 points to spend and I really can't decide.

Funny enough it was much easier to choose perks and skills in the previous games. Yet this game has for the most part combined some skills into perks while just keeping perks.

shiba5

after visiting the institute because I don't seem to have the quest to find whatever it is he wanted there. he is hostile to me now though? is that normal?

Take off your power armor before going in. I don't know if it's a bug, but he really doesn't like your armor when you visit him again.

I'd say go ahead and hoard materials as much as you want. in fact any weapons/armors you pick up, make them into materials too. Because you likely won't use caps that much and as long as you're doing sidequest you'll get a decent amount of caps. I have high luck too so almost every body has ammo and caps.

An upside of hoarding the material, is that there are some quests that will ask you to build shit before you can proceed (including main quests). So if you can get the local leader perk under the charisma tree. This makes it where you can make a supply line to the location where they're asking you to build shit, and not have to physically move materials from one place to the other.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

Its not actually a quest in the log.

I encountered a strange minor glitch where if I have my companion (Piper in this case) equip a piece of apparel it disappears from her inventory...for the piece of apparel to reappear in her inventory I have to have her equip a different piece of apparel. Does that make sense? Has anyone else encountered this?

I encountered a strange minor glitch where if I have my companion (Piper in this case) equip a piece of apparel it disappears from her inventory...for the piece of apparel to reappear in her inventory I have to have her equip a different piece of apparel. Does that make sense? Has anyone else encountered this?

If they have apparel equipped, it disappears so you can't make them naked.

I think it's the game's safeguard so you can't just have them run around in their underwear. Because you can remove their clothing for yourself, so if you removed it and then removed the one you gave them the game would have to either have them in underwear or make a copy of their default clothing, which you could exploit to break the economy.

Thanks for the replies everyone.

I was probably going to hoard anyway because I can't help it in Bethesda games. But at least it's good to know it won't be needed for a while so I don't feel like I need to go crazy just yet and make sure I don't miss anything.

Thanks for the replies everyone.

I was probably going to hoard anyway because I can't help it in Bethesda games. But at least it's good to know it won't be needed for a while so I don't feel like I need to go crazy just yet and make sure I don't miss anything.

if you plan to get skills to upgrade guns/armor/melee weapons you'll need them.

Pro tip: you don't need the skills if you can find the same weapon with the mod attached. You can remove the mod, and attach it in your own weapon (as long as it's the same model/gun type). Same for melee and armor.

I hope I can upgrade the bomber jacket.
My favorite attire so far.

You can't upgrade BOS, so I'll leave you with that.

Blew a faction leader's head off with my .50 cal sniper rifle for the lolz, then reloaded a past save. I'm glad to know that Beth actually lets you do this this time. Skyrim didn't let you kill Ulfric Stormcloak or General Tullius :p

Top Bottom