• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 |OT2| Farming Simulator 2287

knitoe

Does the Demolition Expert Perk increase dam on weapons with Explosive prefix? If yes, how much would that be on a Explosive Gauss rifle? That dropped for me, but wondering if, I should continue to farm for a Two Shot one instead.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
> SPEAK AS SHROUD

"Stop, evildoer! The Shroud is a man, not a quest, but if he was one, it would be to seek great justice!"

People that dont do every line in that quest in character are bad people.

True story

Blew a faction leader's head off with my .50 cal sniper rifle for the lolz, then reloaded a past save. I'm glad to know that Beth actually lets you do this this time. Skyrim didn't let you kill Ulfric Stormcloak or General Tullius :p

Yeah, for as much as they cut back on branching quests, I'm glad they at least threw us this bone. You can do this immediately for the three major factions (excluding the Minutemen for obvious reasons).

Around 12 hours in and I still haven't gone to Diamond City to find my kid. Lol.

I have 5 days and 15 hours and have yet to go to Diamond City, but because of my exploring I met a detective that... will not spoil it

been doing those settlements, the Drive IN is the best, do not care for the castle nor that island, but now at least I can find wood.. the island has tons
I guess there are only 1 settlement I have not been to, airport?
the ones I cleared out and had no peeps I left that way.. but added walls etc
since I am to babysit the other settlements, I walled them in, one entrance and lots of defense

my home base is at 155 for defense and I have 20 peeps

need 2 more bobble heads the one in the fort is part of a quest so I cannot get that one yet

and I think I am level 44 easy to get when u build

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
FUCK

I killed some dude in Diamond City a thousands saves ago

and now his daughter is looking for him

FUCK

I don't understand why you are having a conniption. It doesn't matter. Just tell his daughter to piss off.

I've been using this sniper rifle since FOREVER. Where's my legendary sniper rifle?
I always have a bad luck in loots games. :(
7F42229315422A3B70890C585C5314FBE2CBE8A0

I wish there was a better way to keep track of companion's locations. I thought I sent Deacon to Sanctuary Hills but can not find him for the life of me.

I wish there was a better way to keep track of companion's locations. I thought I sent Deacon to Sanctuary Hills but can not find him for the life of me.

Build a Bell in the middle of all your settlements. That way you don't need to run around looking for everyone, and just let them come to you.

Or just send all of your companions to Castle, since there is nowhere to hide there.

Build a Bell in the middle of all your settlements. That way you don't need to run around looking for everyone, and just let them come to you.

Or just send all of your companions to Castle, since there is nowhere to hide there.

I'm pretty sure my game is just bugged. I've built a bell and use it to check my settlements, but no dice. I've checked the railroad HQ as well. I have a feeling he is probably stuck in a bush somewhere in the middle of the wasteland just running in place snagged on geometry lol.

joecanada

Does the Railroad ever get a better looking HQ? I've mostly been siding with them, but I'm thinking of jumping ship to either the Institute or the Brotherhood, since their bases are nice and clean.

I know it's a ridiculous reason, but the Railroad just feels rundown and defenseless.

Hey how do you follow freedom trail I kept losing it then warped to map marker but nothing triggered.

Also I give my companion a better weapon but she keeps switching back to some default. Why?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Sitting here at work actually making sketches of my current settlement project and what / where to build, like some sort of low rent architect.

I think I've gone off the deep end here guys

nilbog21

Banned
Guys, I'm the
Institute and met father
. How far along in the game am I? I'm enjoying the game but I'm not doing side quests since they are repetitive and rather boring.. Do I need to slow down? =(

I enjoyed how difficult the game was in the beginning, but now I feel it is getting increasingly easier, which is partly why the side quests are off putting

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Do the mijutemen even have a "story"? Isnt it just the endless settlement quests?

Yeah it does, the settlement quests are more of a repeatable quest that each of the "factions" have.

Not to that point yet. But the guide has a series of quests for them. The guide btw is really well done for you completionists out there.

The Brotherhood main quest is poop, but their radiant quests are the best. The squires following me as I clear out ghoul and mole rat nests is adorable. They're all "Ooooooo, I want a plasma shotgun like that when I grow up."

Rhaknar

The Brotherhood main quest is poop, but their radiant quests are the best. The squires following me as I clear out ghoul and mole rat nests is adorable.

It made me sad that
I did the quest to rebuild Liberty Prime, but then if you go against them it doesnt come into play :(

I guess it only shows up if you side with them

People that dont do every line in that quest in character are bad people.

True story

Unless doing this for every single conversation in the quest yields a different result than just doing it in the final one, I don't see how you could possibly do this and resolve the quest without issues.

by which I mean save that dumbass Kent

Just finished the Institute route, was going to do the other routes but I might just be done. Fun game but its weaknesses become more apparent the longer I play. Might make a final opinion post later.

Rhaknar

Unless doing this for every single conversation in the quest yields a different result than just doing it in the final one, I don't see how you could possibly do this and resolve the quest without issues.

by which I mean save that dumbass Kent

Do the henchmen run away from just the last reply? Because they did when I spoke as the shroud in every line.

And again, must everything have a purpose? I did it because it was funny for the quest in question :/

Do the henchmen run away from just the last reply? Because they did when I spoke as the shroud in every line.

And again, must everything have a purpose? I did it because it was funny for the quest in question :/

I heard you needed to do it for every line, but no one was clear as to whether that meant for that one conversation or for every conversation in the quest.

The henchmen did run away when I spoke as the Shroud all three times, but after that I'm still boned because it seems practically impossible to kill the main guy in one hit, VATS or no, and that means Kent dies every time. Silver Shroud is the only quest I've save-scummed so far, and my god I had to reload something like fifty or sixty times. It really feels like unless you're loaded with chems, the only way to save Kent is to pass the charisma check for "kill me first," and even at 7 or 8 charisma the check shows up as red. I'm amazed I got it to work at all.

All the other methods I tried failed. Tranq everyone using the syringer rifle and Pax darts? Doesn't work, it's really hard to hit everyone quickly enough. Try to sneak in with a stealth boy? Doesn't work, as soon as you cross an invisible threshold everyone goes hostile and Kent dies. Try to snipe Sinjin? Doesn't work because even if you kill him you can't kill the woman beside him fast enough and Kent dies. There's no back way to sneak in, you're forced into the confrontation by the level design. Talking your way out, as I said before, is apparently really difficult even for high charisma characters. Basically the quest almost always results in Kent dying and it's really annoying.

All that said: you're right, not everything has to have a purpose. The dialogue is pretty goofy in a good way. I just hate how incredibly difficult the quest is.

For last part of silver shroud.
have a critical ready to use and have a sniper. Scare the henchmen by talking as the shroud the whole time and immediately go into vats and headshot crit as soon as the conversation is over. You have to be pretty quick but it worked for me. Took a few tries.

Rhaknar

I saved him.
I guess that means I'm the real Silver Shroud and you are just a poser

:3

Edit:
like the above user said I probably had a crit ready, cant remember

Advantages of finally moving my main base of operations from Sanctuary to The Castle:
  • No more perpetual hammering away at the exact same two spots in the wall.
  • No more dilapidated stuff everywhere.
  • No more Marcy Long complaints.

psylah

Advantages of finally moving my main base of operations from Sanctuary to The Castle:

I was thinking of a way to knock out two of those complaints at once:

Build a Guard Post inside that house the guys hammer on, assign Marcy Long to the Guard Post (they almost never leave their posts), then build a wall around the whole house.

I'm thinking it's time that Mama Murphy had an accident. If I hear about my energy one more time I'm going to flip.

I was thinking of a way to knock out two of those complaints at once:

Build a Guard Post inside that house the guys hammer on, assign Marcy Long to the Guard Post (they almost never leave their posts), then build a wall around the whole house.

This sounds very practical.

torontoml

What are all the mods in my inventory? Pretty sure I can remove some (all?).

I figure there is a decent amount of weight being taken up here that doesn't need to be.

What are all the mods in my inventory? Pretty sure I can remove some (all?).

I figure there is a decent amount of weight being taken up here that doesn't need to be.

When you upgrade your weapon and replace one of its parts, the old part will be stored in your inventory. You should be fine to sell or scrap them if you don't want to reattach them at any point.

Top Bottom