• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 |OT2| Farming Simulator 2287

Onikaan

Guys, a heads up. If you're looking for a particular set of power armour, make sure you check its inventory when you find it. I've had a bug that's showed up where the Power Armour I can see in game is actually not the armour in the inventory. Once you step inside it turns into the armour it says it is.

Hope that makes sense.

Almost walked past a set of X-01...

GeQLINs.jpg

And I still havent' even stepped into one quarter of the map yet. Game has too much content. It's great.

Machina

Banned
I just found a skeleton in s big box that appeared to be playing checkers with bottle caps on a chessboard...And his opponent was a teddybear.

This game.

Moff

I'm about so finally start the game

any general tipps?
I'd like to use pistols, rifles and laserstuff
what should I skill?
which of the hacking/lockpicking skills is the most useful?

KorrZ

Well weekend is almost here! Time for another Fallout binge session.

Surprisingly I'm only about 60 hours in but I'm working my way through. Spent last night exploring a bunch of building and clearing them out. I found this radio tower that I needed to power up which then created a bunch of radio signals for me to follow. Pretty cool, there was no quest to them but it just led me into these buildings where little environmental narratives unfolded.

danowat

Banned
Spent last night exploring a bunch of building and clearing them out. I found this radio tower that I needed to power up which then created a bunch of radio signals for me to follow. Pretty cool, there was no quest to them but it just led me into these buildings where little environmental narratives unfolded.

I'm always worried about stumbling on something that should be left till a quest when I do that.

KorrZ

I'm always worried about stumbling on something that should be left till a quest when I do that.

I've had that happen a lot so far in this game, but I just roll with it. I prefer to just explore as much as I can. You still get to complete the quests and any dialogue that goes a long with it either way.

Is there a list with pictures of all of the settlements you can own? Sanctuary is nice and all, but I want something more easily defending and flat for building. The Drive-In seems like a good one, but are there any others?

On Demand

Banned
Wasn't there suppose to be a classic Fallout 3 station? Or is it mixed in with DC radio? I've heard a few songs from 3, but i thought there would be a separate station with all the songs?

munchie64

Doing the side quest
Troubled Waters
and went to the
water treatment plant
, came across a 3 way battle between Super Mutants, BOS and some Gunners.
I assume the Super Mutants were at the location and the BOS and the Gunners just came across them, but it was crazy. A suicide bomber blew up a vertibird, there was lasers firing everywhere and the area was practically cleaned out before I could start taking guys down myself. Fucking love stuff like this in games.

kittoo

Cretinously credulous
Do the settlements actually get attacked? I have just settled sanctuary and my defense is 25. How bad are the attacks? What is the worst that can happen because of them?

skynidas

Banned
Do the settlements actually get attacked? I have just settled sanctuary and my defense is 25. How bad are the attacks? What is the worst that can happen because of them?

the attacks are like 5 enemies. the things that can happen is that your settlers can die and your shit can get broken but you can repair it afterwards. just have some heavy turrets up and you will be fine

R0ckman

My Vauilt Tec rep is bugged in the castle. He doesn't restock. Tried moving him to a random other town, then moved him back and reassigned him, nothing. Still bugged. The only other special vendor I have is the clothes one, and she's not bugged, yet.

Could that be because you didn't send him to Sanctuary (the bug is reversed)? I sent him there cause he asked.

Who's the clothes vendor?

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Anyone sell shipments of Rubber and Nuclear Material?

]blacky[;186969938 said:
So have you guys realized already that you can zoom into the pip boy?

Hold the zoom button and you can move the arm around.

kittoo

Cretinously credulous
the attacks are like 5 enemies. the things that can happen is that your settlers can die and your shit can get broken but you can repair it afterwards. just have some heavy turrets up and you will be fine

Thanks. Can the attackers come from anywhere or do they only take the roads? I will set turrets accordingly lol

R0ckman

I found this guy on the road who had a Power Suit that had flame patterns on it, he was looking for scrap, I talked to him and he updated my map to where he hangs out and left. His name starts with a D, I think, said he had a garage or something. I reloaded due to a bug and can't find nor look him up because I forgot his name. Anyone know who it is?

BLunted

Banned
Guys I have a confession. I still have no clue how hacking terminals actually works.

If you arent in to hacking, you can have Nick hack terminals for you if he is your companion. Not sure if he can hack Master terminals as I have never tried one, but he can hack expert terminals fine. I do it myself because of XP gains, but yeah, I find hacking tedious.

I found this guy on the road who had a Power Suit that had flame patterns on it, he was looking for scrap, I talked to him and he updated my map to where he hangs out and left. His name starts with a D, I think, said he had a garage or something. I reloaded due to a bug and can't find nor look him up because I forgot his name. Anyone know who it is?
Atom Cats Garage, southeast corner of the map.

Duke.

Also, does anything special happen if you visit the Brotherhood while you have Nick with you?

void666

Banned

That's probably a guy from the atom cats.

http://fallout4map.com?location=246

Played for a couple of hours yesterday with RemotePlay on my Vita. First time ever actually using RemotePlay, worked pretty damn well, even had the framerate set to 60 even though F4 doesn't run at 60. The controls worked great, I didn't even need to touch the screen at all.

Kamina777

Banned
I just found a skeleton in s big box that appeared to be playing checkers with bottle caps on a chessboard...And his opponent was a teddybear.

This game.

Near the BOS fortress in an obscure corner of a structure on the ground, I found a teddy bear riding one of the mechanical horse toys, it was wearing a generals hat and the horse was wearing a sailor hat.

This game.

Why isn't my recruitment beacon finding any new settlers?
What is your CHR level??? you can only recruit 10+(your CHR level)
so if you got like 6 Charisma, you can only get 16 settlers. So your beacon will only allow 16 people in your settlement. It wont recruit more until you get your CHR higher, either by leveling up charisma or using gear or chems to temporarily increase it.

R0ckman

Atom Cats Garage, southeast corner of the map.

Duke.

Also, does anything special happen if you visit the Brotherhood while you have Nick with you?

That's probably a guy from the atom cats.

http://fallout4map.com?location=246

Thanks guys!

Does anyone know if there is any benefit to
killing the guy at the end of the Mystery Meat Quest?
Or any disadvantages to
agreeing to keeping him open and splitting the profits?
Just seems like the choice is obvious.

Matush

Near the BOS fortress in an obscure corner of a structure on the ground, I found a teddy bear riding one of the mechanical horse toys, it was wearing a generals hat and the horse was wearing a sailor hat.

This game.

This game.
I have to see it myself, any screens of the locations?

mrboo001

Banned
Guys, I just two-shoted a Behemoth. On Survival. I just picked up a Legendary Two Shot High Capacity Gauss gun, total damage of 493. A standard Fat Man has a damage of 468. And the gun isn't fully upgraded yet! I think I'm in love.

Guys, I just two-shoted a Behemoth. On Survival. I just picked up a Legendary Two Shot High Capacity Gauss gun, total damage of 493. A standard Fat Man has a damage of 468. And the gun isn't fully upgraded yet! I think I'm in love.

I guess I really need to up my difficulty because I have yet to see a two shot anything. All the drops I've gotten from special enemies are guns or armor that aren't anywhere near what I have crafted (I'm at level 28 now).

Two shot only possible to get by drops?

I'm trying to build a house and I'm having trouble adding a roof. Something I'm missing? I have the perimeter wall set up with a doorway.

Can someone help me with lighting a building? I have a decent sized building and power is located outside. I want to light the entire thing with a switch either inside or outside and I can't seem to get it just right.

Top Bottom