• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 |OT2| Farming Simulator 2287

Kamina777

Banned
I want to see Bethesda (or modders) somehow implement a wanderer bounty hunter mode, where while playing online other players characters, with all their shortcut mapped weapons and aids can be summoned into your game via procuring a contract from a bounty vendor.

I'd love to kill a lot of you guys interesting and OP characters with cunning and subterfuge!

I have to see it myself, any screens of the locations?

I wish I marked it!

Ha HA yes it is! Teddy Rider!

Ok, I have been playing Fallout 4 since release almost exclusively during my free gaming time. The only time I stopped playing Fallout 4 since release during my gaming time is during Overwatch Weekend Beta, which I spent the majority of the gaming time playing Overwatch (because it is so damn good), and also a tiny bit of uncharted collection since I just got it on sale. Other than, it's been all Fallout 4.

Amazing game. Probably the most Polished Bethesda game ever (that's not saying much tho because it's still buggy as fuck, tho some of the bugs are good).

Couple things tho...

-Limitations on settlement size is crazy/stupid/discouraging. Thankfully there is a Bug that addresses that tho which I hope they never fix. I understand they did it for a reason due to performance issues, but I don't care about that. I want to build to my hearts content. Coming from games like Rust and Ark, to then be put in a game where you are limited in what you can do is frustrating. It discourages creativity which is a huge part in building in games.

- Lack of wood and other resources. My biggest resource hurdle at the moment is wood. I have a shit ton of settlements all linked up with the leadership perk yet still not enough wood. This game should allow you to farm/collect wood outside of the workshop, same with steel. there's a ton of trees and old cars scattered in non workshop areas that we should be able to scrap on the fly and it be added to our inventory with the amount of weight that they do when you buy shipments of steel or wood. This is another limitation that again hurts the creativity and enjoyment in building. Yes, I have a scrap station with someone assigned in almost every settlement, still keep running out of wood. Im at the point where I have to buy a couple shipments of wood from vendors every in-game day which equates to 200 wood a day.

-Amazing shotgun off of this legendary glowing rad roach - I don't remember the name at the moment because I'm not at home, but damn this shotgun is amazing. It's pretty much been carrying me through the game when before I was struggling a bit (partially because I built my character to be strong with guns but had not found a powerful gun yet) It basically did like 79 damage or something and it exploded on impact doing more damage. Then I modded it so now it does like 97 damage + explode on impact damage. I basically spammed this gun on the
Mirelurk Queen
and was able to kill her before she really got to hit me. thing is a BEAST, also that encounter wasn't expected and was Amazing.

-there's still this issue with Vats and hit recognition that was present in Fallout 3 and Fallout new vegas. Still don't see why they havent addressed it. but what I mean is sometimes you will be very close to their head, and you will have a 70-95% chance to hit their head in vats, but you miss multiple shots, sometimes all your shots in Vats. it's so dumb.

-I sent every single ghoul settler to Starlight-In....does that make me racist towards ghouls? lol....just figured they'd best handle the radiation there.

-I've spent most of my time doing sidequests and building out settlements/setting up settlements. I literally just reached Diamond city yesterday and I have been playing since it released.

amazing game tho, and very engaging. I can't tear myself away from it except for Overwatch when I had access to it.

R0ckman

Higher difficulties give more chance for Legendary drops.

That's not what I mean exactly, it seems that in Bethesda games or at least from Skyrim, weapon types dropped based on your level. So once I hit a certain level I started finding .44 snubnose pistols. When I hit around 40, plasma rifles started appearing etc.

-I sent every single ghoul settler to Starlight-In....does that make me racist towards ghouls? lol....just figured they'd best handle the radiation there.

You can get rid of the Rads there by scrapping the barrels in the water

That's not what I mean exactly, it seems that in Bethesda games or at least from Skyrim, weapon types dropped based on your level. So once I hit a certain level I started finding .44 snubnose pistols. When I hit around 40, plasma rifles started appearing etc.

I'm curious about this as well. It def seems like the lower the level the shittier the drops. I'm only just now finally starting to get "okay" drops and I'm level 28

N° 2048

Damn, I see. Would like to know now too.

Kamina777

Banned

Remove the radioactive barrels and crap in the radioactive pool and it will take away the radiation..someone hipped me to that and since it was my home base, i walled it off..even lost a Brahman to the radiation..lots of flat space there to build, I'd recommend it.

Edit: Beaten like a thing that gets beaten. hard.

johnsmith

remember me
Do the Pillars of the Community actually have a quest? I burned my bridges there during the Cabot House quest so now I can't do it.

Do the Pillars of the Community actually have a quest? I burned my bridges there during the Cabot House quest so now I can't do it.

To the best of my knowledge, they are just a
joke/scam
with only real use for the Cabot House questline. If you go along with them,
they just take all your stuff

Fchmogth.jpg

So true..

Machina

Banned
Anyone else defeated the
Legendary Robot at the National Guard Depot?
I got a Hunting Rifle with explosive rounds off him and renamed it "Baby, you're a Firework"

Ok, finally figured out the power.

Another quest. I got a prompt "help defend <location>". I teleport there immediately and there is nothing happening? What gives.

I love how the factions mostly are shades of grey, not completely black and white like they tend to be in Bethesda games. The Brotherhood isn't all goody two shoes like in Fallout 3, they're more like the Brotherhood in New Vegas, except less isolationist, which is how I was hoping they would be like.

Krogan

Alright I need some advice I play stealth ranged mostly using Overseer's Guardian with some VATS at level 54. I have a two shot combat rilfe and sniper, is two shot generally considered the best for weapon legendary bonuses? For the most part I feel like my armor is just random junk compared to my weapons. I found a chameleon leg piece but I hate how my pipboy is near unusable when crouching (which I basically live in crouch mode) so I don't end up using it, is the chameleon bonus worth it? Also as far as helmets do I used to use a stat-less helmet but since I don't get hit much I have started to use a perception hat and glasses are there any Agility hats/glasses?
Thanks in advance.

N° 2048

Also can I ask, these Vault Tec Lunchboxes are actually useful for something, right?

They give out little prizes.

I got a Mr. Gutsy Toy Model from one that goes under Misc not Junk. So maybe it's useful for something? Anyway I'm displaying it at my home base.

I love collecting the boxes though. and opening them is fun.

Machina

Banned
They give out little prizes.

I got a Mr. Gutsy Toy Model from one that goes under Misc not Junk. So maybe it's useful for something? Anyway I'm displaying it at my home base.

I love collecting the boxes though. and opening them is fun.

I'm wondering about it because whenever you add a lunch box you just opened into your inventory, you get a notification message. Unimportant items tend to not do that.

knitoe

Yes, it does seem that way. When I first went to Bunkerhill, everyone was carry pipe pistol and rifle. Now I am near the end, I see people carry gauss rifles.

Anyone else defeated the
Legendary Robot at the National Guard Depot?
I got a Hunting Rifle with explosive rounds off him and renamed it "Baby, you're a Firework"
Killed it early on. Sneak, snipe, run away / hide and repeat. Was hard. 2 hits and I was dead playing Survival mode. Don't remember getting anything good from it.

I guess I really need to up my difficulty because I have yet to see a two shot anything. All the drops I've gotten from special enemies are guns or armor that aren't anywhere near what I have crafted (I'm at level 28 now).

Two shot only possible to get by drops?

Yes, two-shot weapons are legendary, not mods you can attach to any weapon. That said, I was playing on Normal until yesterday and I'd gotten a two-shot sawed-off-shotgun and a two-shot plasma rifle (that last one I got when my level was somewhere in the mid/late-30s).

Ok, finally figured out the power.

Another quest. I got a prompt "help defend <location>". I teleport there immediately and there is nothing happening? What gives.

I've had this happen a few times. You probably have to wait for the enemies to arrive. I think what happens is that the game spawns enemies at a distance from your settlements, and if you get there quickly the enemies are still in transit. Once I got confused and started building things in the settlement, only to be mauled after a few minutes by a tidal wave of feral ghouls.

GAF, do you have your companions wear their default outfits or do you put them in armor?

Yes, I have them wear full armor. Although they can't die, they can go down in a fight and wont be able to come back until you either use a stimpack on them or combat ends. so I got armor on them so they last more than a couple shoots in survival. But not only do I have all my humanoid companions in full combat armor, i got all my settlers in every settlement with full combat armor and powerful modded weapons.

CHR is 8, only got 12 settlers, beacon is powered up and turned on and has been for days.

Must be a bug. id say, scrap that one in your town a build a new one somewhere else in the town, and if it still doesnt work, then it may be some error in fault here.

Do weapons drop depending on you level? When does the gauss rifle start appearing?

No this game doesnt seem to scale to your level, if you want better weapons, you'll have to go to the areas where there's higher level enemies are they will have gear on pair with thie level, like heavy combat armor with fully modded combat rifles and such.

in my 180+ hours of play, ive never seen a enemy drop a guass rifle, not even a legendary enemy. I always had to buy mines.

I know a vendor that sells a legendary guass rifle, but you gotta be with the minutemen to get it.

Railroad fighters have Gauss Rifles and I find the higher I got the more modded the weapons were when they dropped. But that may simply be due to the area I was in. Weapons don't actually have levels. I have a .50 Sniper Rifle which I got ages ago that has a bonus of an extra shot per shot. Very powerful. I must have got it arouund lvl 30 or earlier. Same with the Overseer's Guardian. Got that at lvl 15 and still using it at lvl 79. That's the great thing about the game, weapons are always usable. Armour on the other hand does get better later in the game though I still have'nt replaced my set I modded around lvl 35-ish.

I'm wondering about it because whenever you add a lunch box you just opened into your inventory, you get a notification message. Unimportant items tend to not do that.
You need them to make Bottlecap Mines if you can make explosives.

So far... it is. And I love it for it. Almost everything just dies in one hit. Now if I could get more AP...

Also just picked up a Instigating Fat Man (Double Damage on Full Health). I think I just won the game lol

I don't think I could enjoy the game if the challenge was almost completely taken away like that. Well, unless I'd already played a ton and simply didn't care anymore.

Machina

Banned
I don't think I could enjoy the game if the challenge was almost completely taken away like that. Well, unless I'd already played a ton and simply didn't care anymore.

Some of the games most challenging moments are the ones you don't see coming. You climb over that next hill then on the other sideOMFGLEGENDARYDEATHCLAW

You need them to make Bottlecap Mines if you can make explosives.

Ahhh I see. I don't really make use of mines but I should probably mix up my strat a bit and make use of them.

Some of the games most challenging moments are the ones you don't see coming. You climb over that next hill then on the other sideOMFGLEGENDARYDEATHCLAW

True that. I exited a building earlier to find a twice-my-level sentry bot with a laser gatling spinning up. Almost sharted myself.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
I just tried testing the big league's perk bug. I couldn't really tell if the damage was any better or worse. At one point the perk seemed slightly better damage and a few other enemies it felt slightly less.

RowdyReverb

If I'm just using one settlement (Sanctuary) as my home base, should I just send all of the people from other settlements to that one?
Also, is
The Castle
better to use as a home base than Sanctuary?

Yes, I have them wear full armor. Although they can't die, they can go down in a fight and wont be able to come back until you either use a stimpack on them or combat ends. so I got armor on them so they last more than a couple shoots in survival. But not only do I have all my humanoid companions in full combat armor, i got all my settlers in every settlement with full combat armor and powerful modded weapons.
How do you give your settlers armor and weapons?

Also, if you give a companion a new weapon, do you need to constantly provide ammo for it, or will it be like them wearing power armor and they will never run out?

-there's still this issue with Vats and hit recognition that was present in Fallout 3 and Fallout new vegas. Still don't see why they havent addressed it. but what I mean is sometimes you will be very close to their head, and you will have a 70-95% chance to hit their head in vats, but you miss multiple shots, sometimes all your shots in Vats. it's so dumb.

That's not hit recognition. That's percentage chance. It does not refer to amount of times you'll hit out of the shots you take that VATS round. No hit is ever 100% guaranteed. It's working as intended.

Welcome to combat in the old Fallout games.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like

Also, if you give a companion a new weapon, do you need to constantly provide ammo for it, or will it be like them wearing power armor and they will never run out?
Give the Weapon/Armor you wish for them to use and hit Triangle while looking at the item inside their inventory (Or the respective button on the version you're playing) for them to Equip it. As for ammo they get unlimited ammo if you give them a single piece of ammo IIRC.

psylah

Any tips on how to farm wood? I get more steel than wood from farming weapons, I mainly only get large amounts of wood when I get a new settlement and destroy all its trees...

void666

Banned

Trade. Go to their inventory and equip weapons/armor. Press trianlge/Y to equip.
I don't know about companions but i read somewhere that you have to give settlers at least 1 bullet.

Edit: Beaten like a low level raider.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
Any tips on how to farm wood? I get more steel than wood from farming weapons, I mainly only get large amounts of wood when I get a new settlement and destroy all its trees...
IIRC Graygarden & Abernathy farm vendors sell wood

Give the Weapon/Armor you wish for them to use and hit Triangle while looking at the item inside their inventory (Or the respective button on the version you're playing) for them to Equip it. As for ammo they get unlimited ammo if you give them a single piece of ammo IIRC.
Do you have to be in build mode for settlers to access their inventory?

Also, is it glitched? Just one bullet? I gave Piper a Legendary Exploding Shotgun and all of the shells I had (52) and after a few combat encounters she switched back to her default pistol and checking her inventory all of the shells were gone.

N° 2048

Also, is it glitched? Just one bullet? I gave Piper a Legendary Exploding Shotgun and all of the shells I had (52) and after a few combat encounters she switched back to her default pistol and checking her inventory all of the shells were gone.

No glitch. I think it's intended since settlers protect a settlement so having to feed ammo to them would be insane.

Settlers can have infinite ammo so long as they have at least 1 ammo.

Companions need to be fed ammo. No infinite ammo for them. So if you give Piper 1 bullet. She can only use that one and that's it.

Top Bottom