• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout New Vegas DLC: Lonesome Road = Sept 20, Two weapon packs = Sept 27

duckroll

http://www.bethblog.com/index.php/2...stash-and-gun-runners-arsenal-one-week-later/

Lonesome Road coming September 20th; Courier’s Stash and Gun Runners’ Arsenal one week later

The Courier’s journey ends this September.

We’re excited to share that Lonesome Road, the fourth add-on pack for Fallout: New Vegas, will be available for download on Xbox LIVE, PlayStation Network and Steam on September 20th.

In Lonesome Road you are contacted by the original Courier Six, a man by the name of Ulysses who refused to deliver the Platinum Chip at the start of Fallout: New Vegas. Ulysses promises the answer as to why he didn’t take the job, but only if you make one last journey into the hurricane-swept canyons of the Divide, a landscape torn apart by earthquakes and violent storms. It’s up to you whether you take the job or not.

But wait! There’s more!!

Today we’re also announcing two additional DLC packs, Courier’s Stash and Gun Runners’ Arsenal, which will be available for download one week later on September 27th.

Courier’s Stash (Xbox LIVE for 160 Microsoft points, PlayStation Network and Steam for $1.99) gives players immediate access to four content bundles previously available only through pre-ordering Fallout: New Vegas. The Caravan Pack, Classic Pack, Mercenary Pack and Tribal Pack each offer unique weapons, apparel and aid advantages that will help you throughout your journey.

Gun Runners’ Arsenal (Xbox LIVE for 320 Microsoft points, PlayStation Network and Steam for $3.99) increases the range of unique weapons, weapon mods, ammo types and recipes waiting to be uncovered in the vast Mojave Wasteland. Check out a sampling in the screenshots below…

Edit: Extra info about Gun Runners' Arsenal:

- developed as stand alone DLC pack
- JE Sawyer is the project director
- 27 new weapons
- new ammo subtypes
- new challenges and achievements

How many add-on packs are planned for New Vegas? And are they part of the main-game like Fallout 3? I just started F3 again, years after losing my save, and I haven't started NV yet so I might take my time with it.

-BLITZ-

Was about time to see any news of LR. I can't play a new game because of not having the last DLC. I thought I was going to enjoy the full game/power this August until the summer time goes. At least the news are very pozitive and pleased to me, having those weapons from those images at the beginning of a new game will make me the king of wasteland.

Can't wait!

- Is that a nuclear rocket :O ?

Lakitu

st5fu
Oh goodness. Seems too far away but I'll have plenty to play until then. In fact, I have to finish some quests in OWB.

I'm sort of tempted to wait for the weapon pack before playing Lonesome Road.

Derrick01

Banned
I hope it's a large DLC to send it off on a high note. OWB was fairly big as a DLC and took me over 5 hours to finish and it was a pretty fun DLC. Really excited to see how it ends.

Wallach

duckroll said:
I know what he's holding.

He's holding your $3.99 in his hand. It came out of your wallet.

:)

Why couldn't they have given her to me sooner? Why? WHY GOD

Edit - September 27th is the day F:NV becomes the best Fallout game ever.

duckroll

http://www.formspring.me/JESawyer/q/231065891226265531

Were you involved in the development of Gun Runners' Arsenal?

JESawyer: Yes, I was the project director.

http://www.formspring.me/JESawyer/q/231065226370362952

If you're talking about the weapons in GRA, they would not have been included in LR. GRA contains over two dozen weapons, plus new ammo subtypes, plus new challenges and achievements. The content in GRA was always developed as part of a stand-alone DLC. They took separate development resources and separate testing resources.

Okay, you have my money too Bethesda. Feed my Obsidian brothers, and I'll feed you.

Wallach

Fuck man. It took Sawyer forever to fix the weapons from the initial NV release. He'd better not have fucked up the Bozar.

Drazgul

Mmmmmm, Bozar. Fond memories of massacring whole cities with it. Guess I'll have to do the same in NV, too.

@YoungHav:

It is.

Ooh I wonder if it'll have the Vindicator minigun as well?

Fo2_Vindicator_Minigun.png

The German Rheinmetall AG company created the ultimate minigun. The Vindicator throws over 90,000 caseless shells per minute down its six carbon-polymer barrels. As the pinnacle of Teutonic engineering skill, it is the ultimate hand-held weapon.

German quality, baby!

luxarific

Nork unification denier
Hope this means the GOTY edition is coming soon. I will sell my day-one copy and pick up that one instead for all the DLC.

-BLITZ-

duckroll said:
Gun Runners' Arsenal will have 27 weapons.
What in the world o_O ?! Can't breath! I don't think I will have enough space for even half of them, counting the fact that all the DLC brings so many unique weapons and adding that, the default game has already a ton.

What about armors, they will include or not ?

kswiston

luxarific said:
Hope this means the GOTY edition is coming soon. I will sell my day-one copy and pick up that one instead for all the DLC.

Considering all the crazy sales, you'll get $5-10 for New Vegas at this point

-BLITZ-

Although, they should raise the amount of weight to 350 at least. I thought the new perk from Old Blues helped me enough in my difficulties counting that not everytime you have Strength of 10, but THIS!

I need to take the weight perk of heavy weapons now to reduce their weight in case if that Sniper Rifle has above 20 or the same weight of Anti-Matariel Rifle.

I mean, I love the mod scene too, but it's going to be nice having officially tested/designed weapon additions.

FNV, the gift doth give eternal.

Edit: Also, anything to directly benefit Obsidian is A-OK.

Drazgul

-BLITZ- said:
I need to take the weight perk of heavy weapons now to reduce their weight in case if that Sniper Rifle has above 20 or the same weight of Anti-Matariel Rifle.

The Bozar is no mere sniper rifle. It is murder forged into metal and machinery.

Wish they'd add the .50 cal depleted uranium rounds from Fallout: Tactics. They weighed (and cost) a ton but man did they shred everything apart like they were just paper.

duckroll

afternoon delight said:
I mean, I love the mod scene too, but it's going to be nice having officially tested/designed weapon additions.

FNV, the gift doth give eternal.

I think what makes the weapons DLC attractive to me is that even though it is essentially a weapons pack, it is not something which is "gifted" to you once you pay for it. By designing the weapon content to be spread out and hidden across the Mojave, it is actually a gameplay element. It means that I'm not just paying for a cheat or a weapon "unlock", but rather adding content into the game world which will enhance my ongoing character playthroughs, as well as all future new character games.

Great move on Obsidian's part to design it this way.

Wallach

-BLITZ- said:
Although, they should raise the amount of weight to 350 at least. I thought the new perk from Old Blues helped me enough in my difficulties counting that not everytime you have Strength of 10, but THIS!

lol that is no sniper rifle son, you aren't ready

-BLITZ-

Wallach said:
lol that is no sniper rifle son, you aren't ready

Sorry guys :p but don't kill me, I never managed to play and meet the first two games, both appeared later in my country where I was to old to play to such graphics. If you don't know the name you have to call somehow a sniper rifle. I don't know much of old Fallout history, I'm glad wikia.fallout exist where I read the most.

Wallach

-BLITZ- said:
Sorry guys :p but don't kill me, I never managed to play and meet the first two games, the games appeared later in my country where I was to old to play to such graphics. If you don't know the name you have to call somehow a sniper rifle. I don't know much of old Fallout history, I'm glad wikia.fallout exist.

I'm just messing with you, I'm kind of obsessed with that particular gun.

That is the Bozar. It's kind of like a full-auto sniper rifle. You could consider it a machine gun just pretending to be a sniper rifle.

duckroll said:
I think what makes the weapons DLC attractive to me is that even though it is essentially a weapons pack, it is not something which is "gifted" to you once you pay for it. By designing the weapon content to be spread out and hidden across the Mojave, it is actually a gameplay element. It means that I'm not just paying for a cheat or a weapon "unlock", but rather adding content into the game world which will enhance my ongoing character playthroughs, as well as all future new character games.

Great move on Obsidian's part to design it this way.
So amazing and so taking my money!

Drazgul

Wallach said:
That is the Bozar. It's kind of like a full-auto sniper rifle. You could consider it a machine gun just pretending to be a sniper rifle.

It obviously was originally intended to be a high-end sniper rifle, the design is clearly from the Barret M82 and even the in-game description for it is:

The ultimate refinement of the sniper's art. Although, somewhat finicky and prone to jamming if not kept scrupulously clean, the big weapon's accuracy more than makes up for its extra maintenance requirements.

And yet it only fires burst shots and is most effective from close to mid range. :lol

Wallach

Drazgul said:
It obviously was originally intended to be a high-end sniper rifle, the design is clearly from the Barret M82 and even the in-game description for it is:

The ultimate refinement of the sniper's art. Although, somewhat finicky and prone to jamming if not kept scrupulously clean, the big weapon's accuracy more than makes up for its extra maintenance requirements.

And yet it only fires burst shots and is most effective from close to mid range. :lol

I know the in-game description from memory, but that is kind of my point. It is only pretending to be a sniper rifle, then you fire it and realize it's actually the hand of god.

Drazgul

Yeah that was more for -BLITZ- (get FO1 & 2 already!); I really like how faithful Obsidian has been to its original design. Especially when it's completely wrong for such a weapon - who needs a scope when you can just point at the target's general direction and unleash hell!

-BLITZ-

After finishing reading The Bozar at falloutwikia, is like everyone dream come true. The deathclaw will fall at Quarry Junction ... come to papa.

Top Bottom