• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout New Vegas DLC Vol2: Honest Hearts |OT| I am the right hand of the Lord

gifife

Ye, this is getting a bit ridiculous... At least a peep from steam, obsidian, or bethesda would be nice for the pc folk.

I played about an hour and a half so far.

Love it. I was a little worried about screen tearing because it was awful in red Rock Canyon with the Khans but it's running pretty smoothly in Zion.

hemtae

I need this game right now. I took a nap waiting for it and I dreamed I was playing it. I'm a bit hazy on the specifics but if the Burned Man is actually Darth Vader then I'm some sort of prophet

Plasmid said:
oh my god there's
FISH!
Not really a spoiler, but omg.

What's a fish?

Plasmid

If youre playing at night, look up at the stars, really amazing, loving this dlc.

OMG it started thunderstorming HNNNNNNNNNNG.

If it guys makes you feel any better the DLC so far is pretty fun and well written. The various tribes are unique and original.

hemtae

AlimNassor said:
If it guys makes you feel any better the DLC so far is pretty fun and well written. The various tribes are unique and original.

Yup, my violent, murderous rage is definitely quelled

hemtae

Riposte said:
So can you play this after you've beaten the game or what? I haven't seen it obviously stated.

Considering none of the save files you have can be after you beat the game, I'm going to say yes

hemtae

Darkshier said:
So 360 users can download Honest Hearts but PC and PS3 users are waiting? I thought only Dead Money was a timed exclusive.....

PS3 is only delayed because of what happened to PSN
PC is still scheduled to come out today except they already missed that for some parts of the world

Lothars

Darkshier said:
So 360 users can download Honest Hearts but PC and PS3 users are waiting? I thought only Dead Money was a timed exclusive.....

It's not exclusive, just hasn't been uploaded to either service yet.

Just finished it (360), it was pretty awesome and I enjoyed it more than Dead Money.

Unique Powerfist, Yao Guai Gauntlet, and Joshua's Gun and Armor FUCK YEA

Can't wait for Old World Blues!

I'm sure its got replayability, I haven't gone back into Zion yet after i finished it to see whats different. Theres lots of cool enemies though and a bunch of new weapons to collect. I think I have a couple of the smaller sidequests to finish in there still but I dunno if you can do them after you return.

EDIT: It definitely didn't take as long as Dead Money, although i remember getting stuck in that hotel or whatever for a while.

There's also 2 paths you can take at the end of Honest Hearts, I just reloaded from a save to finish both of them for the achievements, you could do 2 separate playthroughs of it.

And I haven't seen this mentioned, but there are Giant Yao Guai and a big flaming one you have to fight

duckroll

Dead Money took me over 8 hours to complete. So it'll be nice to get a reference on what sort of pace you play at to beat Honest Hearts in a short single day run.

I think Dead Money also took me longer because I was just 1-shotting everything in this with the Anti Materiel Rifle or Pushy lol

Plasmid

Finished, relatively short DLC.

Loved it all, the joshua graham story, new canaan story, everything else, wonderful, and Joshua mentioned ulysses, who i am ready to see.

Made a save before the end so i can get the other achievement, then i am 60/60!

Tanolen said:
I guess how weak you were in dead money may have made it longer than it actually was.
I didn't feel weak at all. Not with the BAR and all the .308 I could get my hands on. People finishing Honest Hearts is a bit...unsettling. I just want to play it for myself already. Hurry it up Gaben.

Played it for about 5 hours, have not finished it yet. It's pretty good so far. I like the open world, but I think I prefer Dead Money so far in terms of story and items you can get.

nickbreckon

Bethesda Community Manager
gifife said:
Ye, this is getting a bit ridiculous... At least a peep from steam, obsidian, or bethesda would be nice for the pc folk.

We're working on it and we should have news soon.

If you critical path HH, you could finish it in four hours. I'm going out of my way to find new areas, scour caves, explore the map. I'm at about 3.5 hours, and i get the feeling that I'm roughly 50% done, but I have a large amount of the map left to explore, in addition to many caves. There is a good chunk of content.

For those of you who have played Dead Money, I get the feeling that where I'm currently at is equivalent to around 'the gang's all here' moment in Dead Money.

~8 hours of content IMO.

Also, those of you who enjoy a challenge, I *highly* recommend going in without powerful weapons. I took a hunting shotgun and Range Sequoia, I wish I had brought something less powerful. Melee players are going to love Zion.

Ratsofatsorat said:
We're working on it and we should have news soon.
Thanks mang. We know you guys are hot on it, appreciate the heads up.

Lord_Nergal said:
If you critical path HH, you could finish it in four hours. I'm going out of my way to find new areas, scour caves, explore the map. I'm at about 3.5 hours, and i get the feeling that I'm roughly 50% done, but I have a large amount of the map left to explore, in addition to many caves. There is a good chunk of content.

For those of you who have played Dead Money, I get the feeling that where I'm currently at is equivalent to around 'the gang's all here' moment in Dead Money.

~8 hours of content IMO.
Awesome to hear. Can't wait to get my grubby mitts on this DLC already. Going over to my friends house soon to buy him Dead Money and Honest Hearts for his b-day, mainly so I can get a sneak peek at HH. Oh Yeah.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
i havent even thought to ask until just now but does HH (and Dead Money as well) seem like they can be accomplished without combat?

water_wendi said:
i havent even thought to ask until just now but does HH (and Dead Money as well) seem like they can be accomplished without combat?
Like complete pacifist where you don't even fire a weapon? I don't think that is possible in Dead Money. Now whether you can make it through without killing anyone, I am not sure, but I think it would be possible based on my playthrough.

Haven't played HH yet, so I am not sure about that one.

Tanolen

water_wendi said:

I would say yes on dead money, havent play HH yet. DM maybe very hard though, there are alot of enemies that are hard to stealth around.

Top Bottom