• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout New Vegas |OT| Obsidian does what Bethesdon't

Smokey

duckroll said:
If you killed her (why the FUCK did you kill you? lol) you can get the thrust controllers from a box somewhere inside her room I believe. Again, why the FUCK did you kill an innocent old lady? :lol

I didn't like the way she looked at me. So I made her body do two flips in the air after she got a taste of the sawed off shotty! I don't think it's in her house either..I've searched everywhere! I believe I am screwed. If that was the case though...wouldn't it have popped up with quest failed once I killed her?

edit: nvm got it!

Been playing this game for about 10 hours so far, and it's awesome. They seem to have fixed almost all gripes I had with Fallout 3, and more.

I hope this game do really well and that Obsidian get to make all Fallouts for Bethesda in the future. Bethesda can work with Elder Scrolls instead; perhaps then we'll actually get ESV as well.

Dilly said:
I think the game still looks good, the animation is an immersion killer though.

Love everything else about it.
Well, the engine is pretty damn shitty, and I think that's what's holding them back when it comes to the animations. I refuse to believe that they have such horrendous animators working on game after game at Bethesda; it has to be shitty tools.

We all knew that they wouldn't be able to do anything about that since they didn't have the time for any changes to the engine; though I wonder if Obsidian are all that great when it comes to animations anyway. Hopefully the next ES, or Fallout, whichever comes out first, uses id Tech 5 instead. It can't get any worse than Gamebryo at least.

bhlaab said:
The main platform was "Fallout 3" and that's why there are inventory and resolution issues.

At least on the PC, you can click on the arrows in any menu that brings up your inventory to show items in specific categories.

charsace

Smokey said:
I didn't like the way she looked at me. So I made her body do two flips in the air after she got a taste of the sawed off shotty! I don't think it's in her house either..I've searched everywhere! I believe I am screwed. If that was the case though...wouldn't it have popped up with quest failed once I killed her?

edit: nvm got it!
:lol

Zeliard

Dumb, likely obvious question: where can I find ED-E again? I know I've seen him before early on but I can't place where, exactly, and I have many dots on my world map now.

daoster

Jax said:
she can wear power armour. go grab one from the corpses from the quest and give it to here. She's my powerhouse.

Wait, you can equip your companion armor and weapons??? How? Simply put weapons in their inventory or something?

Luigi87

Zeliard said:
Dumb, likely obvious question: where can I find ED-E again? I know I've seen him before early on but I can't place where, exactly, and I have many dots on my world map now.

You can find him in
Primm, in Nash's shop/house.

Dresden

daoster said:
Wait, you can equip your companion armor and weapons??? How? Simply put weapons in their inventory or something?
Yeah, just put it in their inventory, if its better than what they have they'll wear it.

Zeliard

Luigi87 said:
You can find him in
Primm, in Nash's shop/house.

Ah yes, duh.

Think my Science was too low to do anything first time I saw him.

Dresden said:
Yeah, just put it in their inventory, if its better than what they have they'll wear it.

If you have the PC version there's also a mod that allows you to manually equip and de-equip them (using an inventory screen I believe). I don't use it though. They're generally smart about wearing better armor automatically, and as far as weapons, I like how that stuff is a lot more individualized now, i.e. Boone is a sniper and hences loves sniper rifles.

duckroll said:
I see some help myself with a Vicky and Vance quest...

So I finally got enough Science to tell the robot he was hacked. Now I have some info about where the gun might have been taken... I've checked out all of Westside but there aren't anymore leads I can find. Any tips?

You mean
Vance's submachine gun? Look in a shack northwest of the strip along the road, can't remember where exactly.

Zeliard

dreamer3kx said:
I dont know about Boone, he just mows everything down, can I shoot dudes too, fu**

Yeah Boone kinda makes stuff easy.

It's still smart for my char to have him around because my guy is a big nerd. My dominant skills are things like Speech and Survival. My Guns skill is still at 10 and will probably stay there for the entire game (hasn't been a huge obstacle so far). So it makes a lot of logical sense in the world that my character would be traveling around with a hardcore soldier-type like Boone.

Probably the thing that impresses me the most from a mechanical standpoint in this game is the non-VATS shooting. It's still not ideal but so much fucking better than FO3. The tactile feedback is immeasurably greater now - some of the real-time shooting stuff still looks strangely non-responsive at times because it's still governed by stats, but the actual kill animations are much nicer, i.e. blowing someone the hell away with a meaty shotgun blast.

I've had quite a few holy shit moments when it comes to stuff like that, some of it out of surprise that it's actually coming out of this engine.

Max

I am not Max
Weapon mod's management is fucked. I repaired my 10mm and Varment rifle to other more sturdy ones and the mods completely disappeared. So uncool.

Stll have no luck resurrecting ED-E from the hereafter.
I even got my hands on it's ID (pid 1732cf) so I could use console commands to bring it back, but for some reason it keeps making 2 instead of one (and I'm unsure how to delete the extra one). I guess I could technically play with 2 ED-E's but I'd rather not. Fucking buggy shit... :(

Zeliard

Max said:
Weapon mod's management is fucked. I repaired my 10mm and Varment rifle to other more sturdy ones and the mods completely disappeared. So uncool.

Did you repair them with the non-modded weapons as the base?

Max

I am not Max
Zeliard said:
Did you repair them with the non-modded weapons as the base?
Yea, I had no idea they were permanent and I thought that they might transfer, makes no sense that they wouldn't. :(

Zeliard

Max said:
Yea, I had no idea they were permanent and I thought that they might transfer, makes no sense that they wouldn't. :(

Yeah, I was just guessing. I haven't messed with the weapon modding yet, but I just figured that's what might have happened. Unfortunate.

syllogism

Linkzg said:
Is there anyway to fix the mouse control in the PC version? in menus it is jumping around like crazy

disable mouse acceleration

falloutprefs.ini (documents/my games/)
fForegroundMouseAccelBase=0
fForegroundMouseAccelTop=0
fForegroundMouseBase=0

squicken

What has the most impact on performance as far as setting goes? My framerate is awful, but I'm running at what it recommended I run at.

Knuckleruckamus

Neo Member
Dr. Kitty Muffins said:
Definitely, thats an issue.

On a side note, I'm hoping for some first ever music DLC.

Glad to see it's not just me -- just spent a few hours in Cool Edit amplifying the soundtrack so it's bearable in-game. Good ol' PC version... :D

epmode

syllogism said:

fForegroundMouseBase=0
Falloutprefs.ini doesn't handle mouse acceleration anymore. Go to the Steam game folder and put the same lines into fallout_default.ini

ruxtpin

Banned
Did someone start a blog/topic about Fallout related short-stories? I'm not nearly as far as some other in this game, but shit's hilarious in story form.

Justin

So I got a "Quest Failed" popup after killing a named guy in the prison and the wolf head guy in another town. Are these quests I would only get if I wanted to be aligned with their faction or am I missing the start of a quest somewhere?

Celsior

So just got wild wastelanded(is that a word?),
these 3 woman run up to me with rolling pins (housewife look) after I leave the cel robotics place, say they found you and start to attack you with there rolling pins, Boone just one shot all of them

syllogism said:

fForegroundMouseBase=0

thanks

I wonder if they thought it was ok to ship it like this or it is just an isolated problem

-Snuck up to someone sitting at a bar.
-Knocked their head clean off with a cleaver.
-The ragdoll kicked in and everything but she was still sitting at the bar...just y'know...headless. I wish I grabbed a screenshot.

Looked back at the past 10 or so pages of this thread and couldn't find an answer to my problem which is:

• ATI Radeon HD 5770
    Windows 7 64-bit
    Intel Core 2 Quad

I've just got to the strip and I think it's because of the amount of people that my frame rate goes down a lot! I noticed before the strip when I was playing and there were more than usual amount of people it slowed a little but with this it slows from what seems like 50 or 60 fps to 10 to 20.

Need a fix.

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
firehawk12 said:
Ugh, is my game glitched?
I'm trying to start "Oh My Papa" but when I talk to the Regis, the quest doesn't pop up and I don't get an option to start it or convince them to fight with the NCR.

just reload your save

Hylian7

kafka rock opera said:
I noticed on here it says may crash with 2 monitors. Can anyone tell me if this means spreading the game across 2 monitors or just having 2 period? Id like to DL this but im afraid itll just start crashing since i use 2
I have 2 monitors myself and haven't really had any problems. I don't think it's possible (other than with Eyefinity) to spread the picture across both of them. I've only had two crashes, and they were just completely random, other than that it's been running well. I have been using that .dll that's out there.

Fitz

ashbash159 said:
Looked back at the past 10 or so pages of this thread and couldn't find an answer to my problem which is:

• ATI Radeon HD 5770
    Windows 7 64-bit
    Intel Core 2 Quad

I've just got to the strip and I think it's because of the amount of people that my frame rate goes down a lot! I noticed before the strip when I was playing and there were more than usual amount of people it slowed a little but with this it slows from what seems like 50 or 60 fps to 10 to 20.

Need a fix.

Try this. May well help.

Hylian7 said:
I have 2 monitors myself and haven't really had any problems. I don't think it's possible (other than with Eyefinity) to spread the picture across both of them. I've only had two crashes, and they were just completely random, other than that it's been running well. I have been using that .dll that's out there.
Thanks man.

Just started the game, what the fuck am I meant to do when my newb of a character comes up against 5 or 6 giant scorpions?

And can you really not run in this game? I cant figure out how to?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
jamieson87 said:
Just started the game, what the fuck am I meant to do when my newb of a character comes up against 5 or 6 giant scorpions?

Only way to run is to holster your (2 handed) weapon and just hoof it until you can fast travel again.

Zeliard

jamieson87 said:

You're meant not to engage that many scorpions at once early on. :p Either that or go to Novac first and pick up Boone.

Are you trying to head north?

Zeliard

jamieson87 said:
Yeah, just headed past the graveyard, I guess I can go the other way.
If you're trying to go to Novac you have to go by way of Primm, I believe. If you try to go east from Goodsprings I think you hit a wall of mountains.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I think every faction hates me now. It's cool that you actually have to make an effort to get on their good side, but it seems my 'me against the world' approach wasn't the best idea. I helped out the Super Mutants, hopefully that's worth something.

daoster

Is there anyway to get the
Veteran
armor without...killing?

I tried killing one with Stealth Boy on, but...no good, everybody sees me and start trying to kill me :lol

Max

I am not Max
I'm having really bad OCD with this game, I have too many quests in my log that I just can't complete due to stat deficiencies and its really bothering me that I won't be able to complete every quest. And its so hard to keep track of who I missed due to not having enough stat points in one area. I just feel like I want to do EVERYTHING in the game but I know I can't :lol

Game's so fucking MASSIVE. I guess i'll just continue to go with the flow and leave everything else to a second playthrough + awesome mods + none of this wild wasteland that isn't apparent at all other than the annoying music. (barely played FO1/2 leave me alone)

Top Bottom