• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout New Vegas |OT| Obsidian does what Bethesdon't

dwebo said:
Are you wearing the
Great Khan outfit
they give you? If so, I dunno. I was able to do it, then killed him after for his hat. :lol
Yeah I was wearing it, still no option.

Boone does not break the game.. you'll see when he gets two shot by a deathclaw. On very hard at least.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Zeliard said:
Yeah, they're usually pretty goofy. :lol

It's worse in games that sort of try to "randomly" generate NPC dialogue, because you get two people who walk up to each other and start talking about two entirely different things.

"Hello there"
"Good morning"
"Did you hear about the mudcrabs just east of the border?"
"Yes, I hear it he is quite odd like that"
"Well, I best be off"
"Good night"

Zeliard

Did anyone ask Boone if he ever takes the hat off, and when he goes "no," you thought "hey asshole I saw your bald head earlier when you gave me your beret."?

That really should have been a reply option.

Gravijah

If anyone knows a way to get
ED-E to respawn
I'd be very grateful. :(

Also, is it possible to repair the
Space Suit? I just found it, and I wanna use it! :lol

avcables

Banned
If you guys don't have the Ratslayer and want to see a quick clip of it in action and what it's capable of, check this out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LO4l3IWEBEo

Mind the fact that I have Boone and ED-E as companions. Thanks to ED-E I can see people out much farther than normal and thanks to Boone they're highlighted for easy sniping.

These two Lakelurks were so far, though, that they weren't even on my radar and my Perception is at 10 with ED-E's perk.

The gun is so overpowered, haha. Boone and I make an excellent team. ;)

Note: I'm not using any mods besides the inventory organizer. And the second Lakelurk was a little tougher than the first. ;)

Edit for another note: It can be repaired with a Varmint Rifle, which is awesome. It uses 5.56mm ammo as well, which is the third most common ammo in the game.

vitaminwateryum said:
Nope. I was wearing a suit at first but I've tried it with their armor on as well, no difference.

did u tell boone to stop following you? because I was still getting that alone with im outside the lucky 38 till i actually forced him to go back home.

RS4-

Oh man, was screwing around with the mods for the unlimited companions; decided to roll with 4 into the quarry and we got handled :lol

I might try that one where you can get anyone, so maybe I'll grab half the ncr army instead and see how it goes

Fredescu

chubigans said:
After a four hour session, I was inspired to draw a bit.

booneisawesome.jpg
:lol

Deserves to be on the new page.

Zeliard

I'm considering giving Boone the combat knife or spiked knuckles and making him melee just for giggles. Or at least something that isn't a sniper rifle, because he just toys with fools with that gun.

He hates it when you switch him to melee. :lol

GDGF

Soothsayer
I feel like I'm the only one who used ED-E
as sheriff for that one town.
He probably would have made a much better companion character :lol

Just to let it be known, I did attempt to
set free
that one
sheriff candidate in the prison
but after I did he just ran off and I couldn't find him again. I think I may have accidentally killed him because after that I immediately started mowing down anything in the area wearing a Powder Gangers uniform

ezekial45 said:
Unless i missed something, how the hell do i get into the correctional facility?

There's a Powder Ganger at the front gate with a key. You can either bribe him or kill him. I think he wants 100 caps.

jax (old)

Banned
Just wiped out caesar's legion. LOL

went in there to get the dog's brain but ended up thinking, nah, I'd much rather kill you lot. Wiped them clean :D

The grim reaper perk which restores 20AP if you kill someone with VATS (so good in Fallout3), does NOT work. I was pretty pissed off. wasted a perk on that.

Fix this shit.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
GDGF said:
I feel like I'm the only one who used ED-E
as sheriff for that one town
He probably would have made a much better companion character :lol
Thats Primm Slim that can become sheriff. ED-E is in Primm but not that robot. Its an Eyebot.

edit: afaik. Maybe you are the first to talk about it online :lol

Dresden

Zeliard said:
I'm considering giving Boone the combat knife or spiked knuckles and making him melee just for giggles. Or at least something that isn't a sniper rifle, because he just toys with fools with that gun.

He hates it when you switch him to melee. :lol
I remember giving him the bladed gaunlets when I went to do Come Fly With Me.

He soloed two Nightkin with that.

Zeliard

Dresden said:

Man I really considered buying those when I saw them in some shop. Alas, they were costly and I needed the money for other things.

GDGF

Soothsayer
water_wendi said:
Thats Primm Slim that can become sheriff. ED-E is in Primm but not that robot. Its an Eyebot.

edit: afaik. Maybe you are the first to talk about it online :lol

Oh crap no you have it right! ED-E was that bot that was broken on the table then! Cool. I have another companion character to get (well, my first really :lol)

Zeliard said:
Man I really considered buying those when I saw them in some shop. Alas, they were costly and I needed the money for other things.

They are very, very worth it. My go to melee weapon (well, those and a steel pipe)
I took out quite a few Nightkin using those two. I bought my first pair of Blade Gauntlets, but I've come across one other pair in the wild while playing the game.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
From what i can tell, Melee/Unarmed seems to be outrageously overpowered. There was a character with like 2 ST and single digits skill that was destroying with the spiked knuckles.

edit:
GDGF said:
Oh crap no you have it right! ED-E was that bot that was broken on the table then! Cool. I have another companion character to get (well, my first really :lol)
Primm Slim would be an awesome companion :lol

"Can i get a yeehaw?!"

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Gravijah said:
If anyone knows a way to get
ED-E to respawn
I'd be very grateful. :(

Also, is it possible to repair the
Space Suit? I just found it, and I wanna use it! :lol

You can repair it with radiation suits.

Zeliard

GDGF said:
They are very, very worth it. My go to melee weapon (well, those and a steel pipe)

The steel pipe is quite awesome, isn't it? I used it quite often early in the game, and even though my melee skill was (and still is) at base 10, it was very effective.

avcables said:
Apparently no one cares about the Ratslayer. Oh well. :lol
It's just a named Varmint rifle with a scope. Nothing special, really. I sold it pretty much immediately because I already had a Anti-Material rifle at that point.

jax (old)

Banned
AndyMoogle said:
Each point of INT only gives you +0.5 skill points per level in this game, so 1 INT is not a substitution for Education.

you forget that everytime you pick INT (and or any of the stats) it adds 2 or was 3 to the affliated skills. I have INT @ 9 (which is rare for a fallout game for me).

sdornan

I've played about 25 hours on the 360 with no crashes and only a few minor clipping/pathing bugs. If I never read any reviews or impressions on GAF, I'd have no idea what all the fuss was about.

Theres just so must shit to do around the Camp Caravan area, its overwhelming, I want to do as much as possible but jeez, guess Ill play slowly.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Dresden said:

I went into
Vault 34
and just heard fucked up growls and death groans everywhere.
He ran off and I lost track of him, but I found/followed a trail of vault dweller corprses and found him. It got too hard when I fought the glowing ones so I bailed, but he solo'd the entire initial floor.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Revolutionary said:
It's just a named Varmint rifle with a scope. Nothing special, really. I sold it pretty much immediately because I already had a Anti-Material rifle at that point.

Appears to have all three mods attached and has a higher base damage, crit damage, and crit chance.

ezekial45

Banned
GDGF said:
There's a Powder Ganger at the front gate with a key. You can either bribe him or kill him. I think he wants 100 caps.

I'm pretty hostile with them and they open fire at me when i get near them.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I always want to roll a high speech/lockpick/repair/science character, but I don't think that would work too well to start with?

Is it possible? Maybe I could do that and then just turn down the difficulty to adjust, you know.

I'm going to start playing seriously tonight.

Rez said:
I always want to roll a high speech/lockpick/repair/science character, but I don't think that would work too well to start with?

Is it possible? Maybe I could do that and then just turn down the difficulty to adjust, you know.

I'm going to start playing seriously tonight.

I think it could work pretty well. Speech and science in particular are very useful.

avcables

Banned
EatChildren said:
Appears to have all three mods attached and has a higher base damage, crit damage, and crit chance.

Yeah, it's easily one of the best guns in the game. All mods, all boosted stats, can one-shot pretty much most enemies from a good distance or at least take them down before they can get close enough to even consider A-TEAMing you with bullet fire.

The only thing I couldn't take down before he got to me was a Deathclaw that I *just* fought. Used AP rounds and finished him with two mines that I laid down before I began the assault. I shot 8 rounds before the mines killed him.

jax (old)

Banned
Rez said:

That's my character except my repair is low becasue I focused on energy weapon

speech79
lockpick 75
repair 45
science 93

You should be able to play on hard with that character

* edit

one of the best places to grind EXP is at

jacobtown forest up north - find the mine area where the forest is to get a quick travel spot

Them oversized cows give 55xp and are super easy to kill. I think sometimes the XP balanece here is off. Humans with guns+whatnot = 22-55xp. Mostly 22.

Zeliard

Macattk15 said:
Yeah I feel the game is actually wrong ... someone else is playing Boone and I'm one of his companions.

That's the way it is. Boone is a man on a quest to avenge his wife, and he feels the only way he can reach true, lasting peace is to destroy every (remaining) living thing on the planet.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
Another interesting mod has just released.

Bobblehunt - A Bobblehead Scavenger Hunt

Description
===========
Adds all 20 Bobbleheads from Fallout 3 to New Vegas. They are all hidden in "logical" locations related to the attribute or skill they increase. The SPECIAL Bobbleheads do not grant +1 attribute anymore; each provides a perk with some minor bonuses. The bonuses are helpful but should not be overly unbalancing.

Finding all seven will consolidate everything into one perk and grant one additional bonus. The Skill Bobbleheads all grant +4 to their skill, except Big Guns and Small Guns which each give +2 Guns. There is no Survival Bobblehead. Finding all thirteen skill Bobbleheads will grant 1 additional point to all skills (except Survival). Finding all twenty Bobbleheads will give a one-time bonus of caps.

Details
========
SPECIAL Bobblehead Perks are listed below.

Strength = +3 Melee/Unarmed Damage, +5 Carry Weight
Perception = +5% Gun/Energy Weapon Range, +5% Threat Perception Range
Endurance = +5 Health, +1 DT
Charisma = 5% Store Discount
Intelligence = +3 Science, +2 Repair, +1 Medicine, +1% Experience Gain
Agility = +5% Melee/Unarmed Attack Speed, +5% Run Speed, +5 AP
Luck = +1% Crit Chance, -1% Enemy Crit Chance

All 7 Bonus = +1% Damage Resistance, +3% Fire/Radiation/Poison Resistance

Finding all 20 Bobbleheads will earn you 2000 caps.

The Bobbleheads are, at the moment, quest items and cannot be dropped, but they do weigh 0. A future update will add Bobblehead display stands to the player homes (possibly some other locations) that will allow removal of the Bobbleheads from the inventory.

Seems to be a great add-on for OCD players that like to hunt for stuff. Nice to also see that the Bobbleheads were balanced but offer rewards.

EatChildren

water_wendi said:
Seems to be a great add-on for OCD players that like to hunt for stuff. Nice to also see that the Bobbleheads were balanced but offer rewards.

This reminds me of a mod for Morrowind that scattered various 'legendary' weapons and items around the map that were all really quite balanced and in logical places. Excalibur was lodged firmly in a rock outside of Vivec, and you needed to earn a high fame ranking in order to pull it out.

That mod was awesome. Morrowind was awesome.

Sins*

Neo Member
I've been playing New Vegas for about 12 hours and have only experienced 2-3 bugs and some clipping/pathfinding issues. It's such a good game, i love it.

Salsa

So i changed to hard and got raped by some fire geckos :lol

Gotta say though, it was more fun to find a way around them and kill them instead of going straight up shooting. Even though i abused quickloads for many tries until i didnt die. Ill stick to hard for now.

Also, the rep system isnt perfect. I end up doing a lot of NCR missions, they practially love me by this point, but i just wanna stay out of the way, be neutral about the whole thing. What im refering to when i say its not perfect is the fact that by staying neutral im just refusing to get XP. The game rewards you a lot more when you pick a side, ive done a bunch of NCR mission and ive gained a lot of XP that otherwise i wouldnt have. I dont wanna end up being their bitch :(

edit: Also i ditched Boone. He made the game too easy even on Hard.

It seems like motor runner not accepting the drugs is a bug.
Task from Hsu to kill motor runner is supposed to be an optional quest objective during the I Put A Spell On You quest, but it's bugged and the objective never shows up. Motor runner will be stuck forever with the 'the NCR sent me to kill you' dialogue option, and you can keep getting multiple copies of his helmet for 200 caps. His helmet is a quest item and can't be dropped, either. This keeps occurring even if you complete the I Put A Spell On You quest. Major fail.

-Mikey-

10 hours in so far and I haven't come across anyone that I could team up with. When you have a companion like Boone, who seems to kill everything, do you still earn the same amount of experience?

Top Bottom