• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout New Vegas |OT| Obsidian does what Bethesdon't

firehawk12 said:
Oh, is there an actual award for hardcore other than the achievement? People seem to say they've come up empty.

I was about to ask this

I don't really want to stick with Hardcore mode. I was expecting something like STALKER-lite, but It feels like it might just become a chore in Fallout. I think part of it is how messy the interface is.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
duckroll said:
The reward is playing the game the way it was designed. :p

I'm so tired of having to babysit my idiotic companions though. :(

It's like weighing the benefits of having mules vs the fact that they'll die if they get stuck on some piece of geometry and then respawn on top of a bunch of baddies.

Linkzg said:
I was about to ask this

I don't really want to stick with Hardcore mode. I was expecting something like STALKER-lite, but It feels like it might just become a chore in Fallout. I think part of it is how messy the interface is.

I like that it makes the more powerful weapons less game breaking because of the ammo weight, but that's really about it.

Water is trivial because you find a fresh water source right at the beginning of the game.

Just a quick question, I know all the companions have side-quests, but once I actually got Boone, well, he doesn't say much. Was his quest the one to get him? Or do I have to keep chillin with him.

Also, he randomly spawned with a unique assault rifle going into a room that kicked some serious ass. I took it off him to look at it and he wouldn't re-equip. =(

So for Hard Luck Blues, the option at the end. Is there any point to doing the
Save Vault 34's trapped dwellers/dooming Sharecropper farms
option? Can't find
anyone alive down here
. Is there a reward for doing this? Other option gets you NCR fame at least.

graywolf323

at Helios One how the heck do I complete the quest? I activated the generator had it route power to all of the wasteland go back and talk to the scientists and yet they seem to know nothing about it happening?

Wallach

graywolf323 said:
at Helios One how the heck do I complete the quest? I activated the generator had it route power to all of the wasteland go back and talk to the scientists and yet they seem to know nothing about it happening?

Did you just set the grid parameters or did you actually re-align the panels? Go upstairs from the mainframe and outside and flip the switch so that the panels can actually generate power.

Zeliard

24zg5c5.jpg

Boone likes his hats.

graywolf323

Wallach said:
Did you just set the grid parameters or did you actually re-align the panels? Go upstairs from the mainframe and outside and flip the switch so that the panels can actually generate power.

the one that says between 9am and 3pm? I went to it at noon but it wouldn't let me do anything
:-/

Wallach

graywolf323 said:
the one that says between 9am and 3pm? I went to it at noon but it wouldn't let me do anything
:-/

Yeah, that one. Unless you activate that switch the panels are all pointed wrong because of that fucktard so they're basically useless. You did use both computers on either side of the tower entrance (the ones guarded by all the traps and guard dogs and stuff) and connected them to the mainframe?

Ledsen

avcables said:
That's not the "right" fix anymore. Read through the thread or go here: http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=34778

I've read through this whole thread. The .dll thing was the first thing I did when I got the game, it doesn't do anything for the stutter. I also have water multisampling on low, and of course tried the ifpsclamp thing. It's basically unfixable unless you can run the game at a constant 60 fps. I'd say my "rant" was entirely justifiable.

Dresden

Incendiary round for the grenade rifle=<3.

Pack of four legionaries? No problem. Incendiary round followed by a regular .40mm round to the face. Too bad 'nade rounds are so rare.

Wallach

Dresden said:
Incendiary round for the grenade rifle=<3.

Pack of four legionaries? No problem. Incendiary round followed by a regular .40mm round to the face. Too bad 'nade rounds are so rare.

Explosives is the fuckin' business. It only gets better. Much, much better.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
firehawk12 said:
Oh, is there an actual award for hardcore other than the achievement? People seem to say they've come up empty.

According to the Fallout wiki, you get the Hardcore achievement/trophy.

BeeDog

Does anyone else get some kind of strange graphical anomalies? While exploring, some kind of white specks or flashes show up randomly. I'm sure it's not artefacting, but anyway... I have a GTX 460 and the latest official drivers.

putarorex

Is the pawn shop in Westside critical for any major quests? I get no prompt to open a door when I am in front of the door. I tried several saves and had no luck. I am playing on the PS3.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
BeeDog said:
Does anyone else get some kind of strange graphical anomalies? While exploring, some kind of white specks or flashes show up randomly. I'm sure it's not artefacting, but anyway... I have a GTX 460 and the latest official drivers.

turn off AA

HadesGigas said:
I hope you didn't bring any rad-x/rad away.

That was part of the problem :lol

duckroll

Big-E said:
Ya though I went and found an NCR Camp and the quest somehow updated. Really confused now.

The quest updates after ED-E hears certain keywords from NPCs. There's no specific order, and sometimes it doesn't really activate in the same order for everyone. It's an old and damaged eyebot after all!

firehawk12

Subete no aware
EatChildren said:
According to the Fallout wiki, you get the Hardcore achievement/trophy.

They really shouldn't have teased it so much then.

Also, I guess it makes sense that you can't
go into the strip after you kill Mr. House
but jeez, a little warning or explanation would be nice.

Oh yeah, on 360 the memory leak/whatever glitch gets worse the further in you are it seems. I've had to reboot my 360 every couple of hours now in order to make the loading times not take ages.

Gravijah

This game is amazing. That's really all I can say. Though the frame rate is so bad in New Vegas on the PS3, I think Amir0x would probably cry.

duckroll

Gravijah said:
This game is amazing. That's really all I can say. Though the frame rate is so bad in New Vegas on the PS3, I think Amir0x would probably cry.

Amir0x has a brand new PC. He doesn't care! :D

Nose Master

I wish I had a 1st recon soldier looking after me

So much worse when you have more than one companion :lol

I´m at the Repconn Facility now.

I just been approached by the ghoul leader who wants me to "get rid of the demons", which I assume means killing supermutants. My character though, is just not that kind guy. He´s more the talking/stealing guy. Is there anyway to solve his missions without "clearing out a dungeon"?

Dresden

CecilRousso said:

I just been approached by the ghoul leader who wants me to "get rid of the demons", which I assume means killing supermutants. My character though, is just not that kind guy. He´s more the talking/stealing guy. Is there anyway to solve his missions without "clearing out a dungeon"?
If you can somehow avoid the mutants along the way, you can sneak to Davidson, the leader of the mutants, to work out a deal... but as a non-combat focused character, it'd be far easier to just grab Boone and let him do his thing.

Wallach

Anyone figured out a way to get transparency multisampling to work when using the dll spoof? I was previously just using adaptive MSAA to cover for it (though it doesn't work on the shitty grass they use for this engine) but stuff seems to go transparent if you use adaptive MSAA through CCC. In particular doors seem to be going transparent which is mega annoying when indoors. Standard MSAA doesn't cause it but then you get some ugliness from not being able to turn on transparency multisampling.

Not a big deal in the end but I'd like to get it working somehow. Any ideas?

CecilRousso said:

Yes. Combat in that part is unnecessary and generally a waste of time and/or ammo.

Wallach said:
Yes. Combat in that part is unnecessary and generally a waste of time and/or ammo.

So, how did you solve it?

Dresden said:
If you can somehow avoid the mutants along the way, you can sneak to Davidson, the leader of the mutants, to work out a deal... but as a non-combat focused character, it'd be far easier to just grab Boone and let him do his thing.

Well, I have a companion how can take care of it. So I can get through it I guess. But I would had hoped that there were possibilities to avoid "dungeon crawling" that I get assigned to by others just to get some information from a character.

Wallach

CecilRousso said:
So, how did you solve it?

Go in the basement. If you have a companion with you, tell them to wait by the door so they don't accidentally draw you into combat. I used a Stealth Boy at this point but I don't think it's necessary. You should see a non-hostile signal on your compass by the time you reach the other side of the first room. Reach that non-hostile and go from there, I think you'll figure it out pretty fast.

Shinjitsu

Banned
Yep, after putting in 16 hours in the 2 days since i got the game, I can 100% say I like it better than Fallout 3. People saying this feels like a actual Fallout game were spot on.

NoRéN

Big-E said:
Ya though I went and found an NCR Camp and the quest somehow updated. Really confused now.

duckroll said:
The quest updates after ED-E hears certain keywords from NPCs. There's no specific order, and sometimes it doesn't really activate in the same order for everyone. It's an old and damaged eyebot after all!
Dan, so he has to be in my party in order to update the quest. I was so mad after
going to the scrapyard and nothing happening
that I sent it back to Primm.

duckroll

Finally decided to enter Vegas. Should have done so much sooner. Opening up the Mr House quest line has many... benefits to say the least. This is going to make recruiting a full party much easier. :lol

Holy shit, my suite even supports upgrades! This is like mini-NWN2!

Gravijah

duckroll said:
Finally decided to enter Vegas. Should have done so much sooner. Opening up the Mr House quest line has many... benefits to say the least. This is going to make recruiting a full party much easier. :lol

Holy shit, my suite even supports upgrades! This is like mini-NWN2!

Mr House is probably my favorite thing so far in the game. It's making my brain have an orgasm.

Top Bottom