• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout New Vegas |OT| Obsidian does what Bethesdon't

Rich!

Can't do any gambling (slots, roulette) because the game crashes to windows every single time. Fuck this shit.

Struggling to get into the vegas strip now because of that, and because I killed the dudes who apparently give me a passport. :lol

jax (old)

Banned
Massa said:
It's a two page review, by the way.

Yeah I read it all. still

regardless. some mod on the Bethesda forum gave me a code I could run on the console for the PC version to:

give me back the
platinum chip

Game saved!

Glad I made the post on the forum. Just tried it, it works. woot

So far I had only one hard freeze. Had to reboot my system. But I do get Windows crash prompt upon exit frequently. And after exiting Steam, looking in task manager, I see steamperrorreport.exe or something running for few seconds.

Darkman M

Nose Master said:
I have 71 stimpacks because I always heal using food... :lol. Do you unlock more repair/survival recipes as you level those stats?

I dunno but some chick gave me a mean deathclaw egg omelet recipe.

Cleared the main story in 19 hours didnt even realize i was doing the main quest line up until it warned me if i am finished everything in the wasteland which i have to say is pretty lame

and wft is with that ending.

Hey, good news! Thanks to another crippling glitch where Boone disappeared and the computer acted like he was still in my party, I get a chance to not fuck up "render unto Caesar." That's just swell.

seriously, without the glitches, this would be GOTY without a doubt for ME. Hell, probably still is.

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
As much as I love this game it sure is fucking janky.

I'm on the G.I Blues quest and I'm trying to
negotiate a truce between the NCR and the Kings but the second I approach the NCR they immediately start shooting.
I've holstered my weapons, unequipped them, put my arms down and unequipped all armour and still the same results.
I've left ED-E and Boone back with the King.
Fuck!

zlatko

Banned
I have two quests stuck in limbo. Can someone help ?

I got Ed-E the robot repaired and I've brought him several times to the old lady at the junkyard, but I don't get the option to hand him over to here in dialogue.

I also can't get the nightkin killing the Brahmen at Novac one to work. He appears there just standing next to the pen but is blue. I can't pickpocket him or talk to him. If I kill him I get some item that should work with giving it to the old guy inside, but he just keeps asking me if I took care of the problem.

Any ideas ?

Maaseru

Banned
So I was about 25 hrs in when I reached Freeside and I said to myself that i wasn't gonna go into the Strip until i finished all mission around. So I'm now alomost 50 hrs in and still doing mission around and haven't gotten into the Strip :lol

I love Fallout!!! :D

JambiBum

zlatko said:

I got Ed-E the robot repaired and I've brought him several times to the old lady at the junkyard, but I don't get the option to hand him over to here in dialogue.

I also can't get the nightkin killing the Brahmen at Novac one to work. He appears there just standing next to the pen but is blue. I can't pickpocket him or talk to him. If I kill him I get some item that should work with giving it to the old guy inside, but he just keeps asking me if I took care of the problem.

Any ideas ?

You have to talk to her about the Brotherhood of Steel. His quest updates are triggered by keywords he hears. As for your second question, I have no idea because that same thing happened to me

Vlodril

Well things certainly have gone to hell in my playthrough :lol .

i was friendly with the ncr throughout and also become a member of the brotherhood (cool armor you know). Now i killed Mr. House and after reading the obituary was a bit put off and not the bitch wants to kill the brotherhood as well. Fuck!

I ll need to do another playthrough since i dont have any saves just as a got to the strip when i hadnt made any choises yet. Its too bad because i really liked the ncr up to this point.

Vlodril said:
Well things certainly have gone to hell in my playthrough :lol .

i was friendly with the ncr throughout and also become a member of the brotherhood (cool armor you know). Now i killed Mr. House and after reading the obituary was a bit put off and not the bitch wants to kill the brotherhood as well. Fuck!

I ll need to do another playthrough since i dont have any saves just as a got to the strip when i hadnt made any choises yet. Its too bad because i really liked the ncr up to this point.

don't worry... there is always a way to avoid killing.

Maaseru

Banned
I had ED-E and lost him and then a message appeared that he was back in Primm. I had Boone already here, don't know if it matters, and after getting them a sheriff. The thing is that when I went into the building, well when the building loads ED-E is there, but everyone inside including Boone start shooting at him. Got back out and in and he was "dead" on the floor, not unconscious like when I have him with me. So is he coming back? or am I screwed?

I heard Jeff Gerstmann say currency was never an issue, that he always had plenty of caps (or paper). I'm finding that it's ALWAYS an issue for me. Maybe because I hoard everything I find and never sell stuff? Or is it because I'm still early in the game (level 11, just got to NV)? Or did he just mean you generally don't need to buy stuff because you can find everything you need for free?

How do you guys get caps? Do you sell stuff? I don't even know what I'd sell. Every gun/armor I keep or use to repair another, and the more expensive junk I keep for crafting (those motorcycle gas tanks will be useful someday! For something!). My safe in Novac is impossibly full. Quest caps are just enough to let me buy stimpaks. Help! I'm a broke-ass pack-rat!

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I made the large majority of my caps from selling weapons from dead dudes, the Legion Assassins that just won't fuck off have been dropping SMG's and some good melee weapons that I can sell. I've kept the same set of 4 weapons so I have no use for extra stuff.

...but I'm not always rolling with that much cash. I spend quick on repairs and aids but I always have a few dozen stims and water bottles so it works for me.

I'm trying my hardest not to gush about this game, I gush over a lot of games and I'd hate to start sounding insincere, but fuckin' A this game is awesome. Aside from all the technical issues, it is my dream WRPG. I love pretty much everything about it outside of the bugs and poor optimization on 360.

- I didn't know you could rob banks. That's awesome. I guess I need to spend more time in the Strip, I've still only visited once after 24 hours.

Haha, looking ay my reputation. Apparently my ordeal with blowing up a couple White Glove Society members got me idolized by them. Also the Khans went from accepting me to liking me even though I've had no interaction with them in ages.

Lakitu

st5fu
I gave up for the night after it crashed but I was about to head into Novac. I'm around 14 hours or so in and I'm level 11, I feel I'm making good progress. I would have played more but I'm not feeling so good. I'm going to fix E-DE tomorrow, go into Novac and explore some more and build up my character. I've just been exploring as much as I can.

Camp Searchlight is a bitch so I'm going to return there when I'm a bit higher level up to kill those ghouls. I did manage to salvage some Holy Frag Grenades though. :D

One of the highlights for me was using the
Ratslayer Sniper Rifle
on a hill to take down some thugs at one of their outposts. They didn't know what the hell was going on

Overall, I'm loving it and I'm taking it as slow as I possibly can.

I hate using companions but I like the perks they provide. I left Boone in one of the Ranger camps because I figured he'd be safe there while I went exploring. While I was going through Vault 34, Boone pops up out of fucking nowhere when I go through a door. Scared the fuck out of me.

Dresden

Just found a unique Displacer Glove called Pushy (along with a bunch of explosives including C4s). This thing is insane. Looks awesome too--you get a halo of blue light exploding around them every time you punch.

Just reached Jacobstown,
Marcus! And Lily creeps me out. It's that voice. :lol

Plasma

Banned
Jamesfrom818 said:
I hate using companions but I like the perks they provide. I left Boone in one of the Ranger camps because I figured he'd be safe there while I went exploring. While I was going through Vault 34, Boone pops up out of fucking nowhere when I go through a door. Scared the fuck out of me.

Vaults are bad enough to explore without Boone just popping up out of no where :lol

Currently playing through the game for a second time, this time I've loaded up some mods, my favourite so far is the 1 hit kill headshot mod. Makes things a tad easy but I always hated how I'd be near a guy in VATS shooting him in the head a few times and they'd still survive.

Hardcore mode has made this a great experience. Granted I'm still fairly early, but whenever I find a place to explore my first thought is 'I hope I can find some water.' Same thing with traveling merchants, first thing I check is what food and water they have on hand.

Actually feels like I'm trying to survive a wasteland this time.

So.. how did you guys handle :
Getting the Chip from the Fort? .. so I was vilified with the legion so I didnt have much of a choice.. I put on a legion suit, sneaked all the way inside the fort, blew Ceaser's head off and took the chip.. from his corpse.. (Shot Benny in the face as well as he was sitting captive just for the shits of it.. but the "House Always Wins: pt 1 quest doesnt register that I have the chip in my inventory and the part 2 where you use the chip doesnt show a map marker... any ideas? I woulda tried talking to him but his legion shot at me on sight.

Absoludacrous said:
Hardcore mode has made this a great experience. Granted I'm still fairly early, but whenever I find a place to explore my first thought is 'I hope I can find some water.' Same thing with traveling merchants, first thing I check is what food and water they have on hand.

Actually feels like I'm trying to survive a wasteland this time.

Purified water gets pretty easy to find once you find some decent merchants. Food is a bit more of a hassle, since a lot of the pre-war stuff is junk, and most everything gives you rads.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Boone had made the game pretty easy so I sent him to chill at the Strip. Then I got a new quest that required me to go to Jamestown, saw how far it was from anything I've explored previously, took about a dozen steps forward in that direction...then promptly headed back for Boone.

Ok, ok, I'll just use Boone for unexplored territory. But then I'm retiring him damnit! :lol

Jamesfrom818 said:

I havent seen a vault yet.. except the one in Vegas..

Where is 34 & 11.. stupid enormous game.. Im 27 hours in and still havent seen so much :)

HadesGigas said:
Purified water gets pretty easy to find once you find some decent merchants. Food is a bit more of a hassle, since a lot of the pre-war stuff is junk, and most everything gives you rads.

That's a little disappointing then.

My biggest challenge so far is overcoming my OCD and living with rads. I made sure I was always rad-free in Fallout 3, but that doesn't seem economical this time out with all the radiated food and water I'm consuming

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
HadesGigas said:

Even the Rads from food aren't a big deal since they just add a little and you're sure to have a Rad Away or two on hand and there is doctors in most cities that can health it for a small price. I do like hardcore mode, and it enhances the game in a small way, but overall it's a small disappointment for me since it doesn't add much urgency or "realism" to the game (at least on normal). Even the weighted ammo and unfixable limbs aren't a big deal since I organize my inventory and I always have several doctor's bags on me. It's just too damn easy, even early in the game, to stock up with enough of that stuff so that you never run out.

It's still the best way to play, though. I like having to eat, drink and sleep regularly and I wouldn't want to play without it.

daoster

zlatko said:

Bring Ed-E to the Helios One Pad, and talk to Ignacio (I might be remembering his name wrong). He's the
Follower
scientist that was chillin with Fantastic.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Fredescu said:
There are a surprising amount of rad free handbasins in various bathrooms. I find myself having a drink every time I find one.

Toilets, too, if you're into that kind of thing.

Question.

Any good strategies for taking out Caesar? I feel like doing it out of personal interest, but I imagine it must be nearly impossible.

OK need to take a little break form this, loving it, around 25 hours in and currently on the strip, there's just so much shit to do that I dont want to become bored of it and rush to finish it, need to take my time with this one.

tass0

Banned
Anybody know how to get past
Legate Lanius

I assume this is the last level of the game, but I can't get passed this fucking guy.

My strongest weapons barely damage him, and he kills me in 3-4 hits and I CAN'T run away from him.

what do

Dresden

Snuggler said:
Toilets, too, if you're into that kind of thing.

Question.

Any good strategies for taking out Caesar? I feel like doing it out of personal interest, but I imagine it must be nearly impossible.
Those praetorians are pretty nasty. Maybe with a mini-nuke fired from his room. Then have Boone with an anti material rifle backing you up as you funnel them in to kill.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Dresden said:
Those praetorians are pretty nasty. Maybe with a mini-nuke fired from his room. Then have Boone with an anti material rifle backing you up as you funnel them in to kill.

Killing him will be hard enough, but escaping will be the true challenge. I wonder if a Stealth Boy would do anything for me...

I'll give it a shot later, with multiple saves of course.

Vault 34 contains the unique version of the Marksman Carbine, All American. It has a green camouflage paint job. I love that gun so much and the rate of fire is pretty good too.

Top Bottom