• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout New Vegas |OT| Obsidian does what Bethesdon't

Laekon

I'm having a hard time figuring how to join the Legion. I've only found 1 camp and did the small quest you get from one of the first towns. Should I just continue on with the main quest for now?

Also I'm finding very few energy weapons. The only good ones I have is the plasma pistol and the flamer. Can anyone point me in the general direction of some better weapons?

after 19 hours...

I must say I wasn't that impressed with NV at first. I loved F3, one of the two games I've ever replayed in my life, but the Mojave setting just wasn't clicking with me. Barren wasteland with uninteresting abandoned shacks versus DC where practically every house had a little story? I must admit, I felt bored wandering around New Vegas and taking down silly Powder Gangers

Now, I'm at the
Hidden Bunker BOS HQ or whatever it is and finally got the F3 vibe all of a sudden. Virus sub-subquest bug aside, I cannot wait to take down the Elder and see if Hardin, as I suspect, will become a even bigger berk than him
. Yep, Fallout is Fallout again

can't wait to play more

Nose Master

The references are killing me. One of the robots in new vegas just turned towards me and said
"Your move, creep!"
:lol :lol :lol

saunderez

If a patch doesn't fix one of my companions I can't finish the game. She has decided she hates my company and will no longer talk to me yet she still takes up a party slot. This has made me unable to finish some quests and has caused another quest line to completely halt if I try and progress.

Occasionally she'll spawn with me and make a beeline for the nearest exit. I've thought about following her, but if she goes all the way across the map and nothing changes I'll probably kill myself.

So 46 hours in I'm contemplating a restart. This would be a 9.5 game if it weren't for the bugs and a surefire GOTY. But until the patches fix these game breaking bugs I'm a bit broken, I don't know if I can start again so soon.

Someone needs to MOD one of these helmets

1287968237240.jpg

Bloodsent

saunderez said:
If a patch doesn't fix one of my companions I can't finish the game. She has decided she hates my company and will no longer talk to me yet she still takes up a party slot.

Occasionally she'll spawn with me and make a beeline for the nearest exit. I've thought about following her, but if she goes all the way across the map and nothing changes I'll probably kill myself.

So 46 hours in I'm contemplating a restart. This would be a 9.5 game if it weren't for the bugs and a surefire GOTY. But until the patches fix these game breaking bugs I'm a bit broken, I don't know if I can start again so soon.

Are you ok with just killing her? Switch on hardcore mode, double tap to the head, turn off....

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
saunderez said:
If a patch doesn't fix one of my companions I can't finish the game. She has decided she hates my company and will no longer talk to me yet she still takes up a party slot. This has made me unable to finish some quests and has caused another quest line to completely halt if I try and progress.

Bummer. Could you kill he when she appears? Seems like that might be your only option.

saunderez said:

Turn on hardcore and kill her.

saunderez

Bloodsent said:
Are you ok with just killing her? Switch on hardcore mode, double tap to the head, turn off....

Snuggler said:
Bummer. Could you kill he when she appears? Seems like that might be your only option.

Count of Monte Sawed-Off said:
Turn on hardcore and kill her.

I feel like such a moron, what an elegant solution. I have not attachment to her at all, I'll be glad she's gone given the time I've wasted trying to get around her glitchiness.

Thanks guys!

so what happens if you have multiple companions? Do they return to like a default location so you can switch between them? Or does a new one replace an old one?

Nose Master

saunderez said:

Just kill her...?

EDIT: Beat :(

saunderez

cleveridea said:
so what happens if you have multiple companions? Do they return to like a default location so you can switch between them? Or does a new one replace an old one?
They'll tell you you're full up if you've got too many (1 human, 1 other I believe). You have to ask one to leave you so a new member can join.

saunderez said:
They'll tell you you're full up if you've got too many (1 human, 1 other I believe). You have to ask one to leave you so a new member can join.

but can you recruit them back again? do they tell you where to find them?

cleveridea said:

Yes, you can recruit them again. Once kicked out they'll either go home (and it will tell you where) or to
an apartment you receive by doing the main storyline.

Fredescu

cleveridea said:
You can tell them to go back to where you found them, or if you have a room at Lucky 38 you get the option to tell them to go there.

saunderez

SalsaShark said:
She is. I fuckin love her, i already found other people to recruit but i just cant let go of Veronica.
I hope she doesn't go walkies like she did with me :(

Then you'll have to kill her if you want to complete the game.

So regarding going to see Caesar
they gave me the mark yet when I go to cottonwood cove or whatever the camp attacks me straight away, of course I had to kill a bunch now I'm hated with them. This bad?
Help much appreciated.

eshwaaz

I have encountered more bugs, glitches, and forced reloads in 8 hours of New Vegas than I did in 110 hours of Fallout 3. It's certainly not without merit and it's fun when it's not ruining my experience with sloppiness, but in general it's a technical mess.

Zeliard

Where does the Legion head off to after Primm? I haven't stumbled upon them again outside of a random camp with basic legionnaires.

X26

Banned
I hate that the game doesn't seperate saves by character (like in mass effect 2) and lumps them all together, makes managing saves across even ust 2 characters a pain

Zeliard

chubigans said:
Boone had made the game pretty easy so I sent him to chill at the Strip. Then I got a new quest that required me to go to Jamestown, saw how far it was from anything I've explored previously, took about a dozen steps forward in that direction...then promptly headed back for Boone.

Ok, ok, I'll just use Boone for unexplored territory. But then I'm retiring him damnit! :lol

I'd recommend getting Veronica if you want a companion. Her voice actor is phenomenal and she's an amusing character in general. She's also not quite as overpowered as Boone in combat since she's focused on melee. She's still very strong (she comes with a power fist) but she won't quite kill every character in the vicinity within 10 seconds as Boone does.

I have her decked out in some BoS power armor now, so she's a beast. Seeing her punching the heads of off Super Mutants never gets old.

Nose Master

So... is there any way to get
NCR Computer and Radio parts
out of my inventory? That quest is over... but I can't drop them. Taking up 10 lbs :'(

NarcissisticJay said:
So.. how did you guys handle :
Getting the Chip from the Fort? .. so I was vilified with the legion so I didnt have much of a choice.. I put on a legion suit, sneaked all the way inside the fort, blew Ceaser's head off and took the chip.. from his corpse.. (Shot Benny in the face as well as he was sitting captive just for the shits of it.. but the "House Always Wins: pt 1 quest doesnt register that I have the chip in my inventory and the part 2 where you use the chip doesnt show a map marker... any ideas? I woulda tried talking to him but his legion shot at me on sight.

So as a follow up.. I think I totally fucked myself by:
Killing Ceasar so early.. none of the quest that trigger after it give me the map markers.. the one where I use the chip in fortification hill I had to manually find.. and if I give the chip to House I still cant use it on the hill... Might just have to use my other save where I cap House's old ass in the Lasuraus chamber :( Anyone else go through this?

Hyunkel6

Did anyone complete Ed-D sidequest? I went to the scrapyard north of Novac, listened to a recording there and now have no idea what to do.

Oh, and which skill affects the effectiveness of throwing spears? melee?

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Yeah, I really like Veronica. She kind of reminds me a Fallout version of Juno, but in a good way. I'm gonna be sad if/when she dies.

Speaking of Supes', I still haven't seen any outside of Jacobstown. It's weird. I haven't killed a single Super Mutant yet.

Celsior

Snuggler said:
Yeah, I really like Veronica. She kind of reminds me a Fallout version of Juno, but in a good way. I'm gonna be sad if/when she dies.

Speaking of Supes', I still haven't seen any outside of Jacobstown. It's weird. I haven't killed a single Super Mutant yet.
You must of killed a nightkin, there just super mutants addicted to stealth boys.

Salsa

Snuggler said:

I actually when to black mountain just for the lulz. I know i shouldnt have gone there too early because there were a fuckin bunch of huge super mutants there (im playing on Hard so maybe it has something to do). I thought they were gonna tear me to pieces but i ended up winning the fight (thanks to Veronica and ED-E) and finishing a quest without obtaining it beforehand, so that was weird.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Celsior said:
You must of killed a nightkin, there just super mutants addicted to stealth boys.

Oh yeah, I did kill one of those guys. He was the one (very minor spoiler)
eating the farmer's Brahim at Dinosaur City

I felt kinda bad because I threw a 'nade at the nightkin but it landed by the Brahim, asploded and crippled like half of them. My bad.

markot

Banned
Hyunkel6 said:
Did anyone complete Ed-D sidequest? I went to the scrapyard north of Novac, listened to a recording there and now have no idea what to do.

Oh, and which skill affects the effectiveness of throwing spears? melee?
Ed E quest unravels on its own, having him with you while speaking to certain people triggers more of his memory tapes.

Zeliard

markot said:
Ed E quest unravels on its own, having him with you while speaking to certain people triggers more of his memory tapes.

Yeah, I recently got my first one of those at
Camp McCarren.

Kerrinck

Anybody ever had one of their companions simply disappear? After I first got into Lucky 38, my companion simply vanished and now whenever I try to recruit someone else, they say my party is full.

Zeliard

Kerrinck said:
Anybody ever had one of their companions simply disappear? After I first got into Lucky 38, my companion simply vanished and now whenever I try to recruit someone else, they say my party is full.

Are you sure you didn't have them wait somewhere and forgot?

A couple of times I've been running along to suddenly realize that ED-E is nowhere around me, though I just double back or fast travel and eventually he shows back up. But ED-E also functions a bit differently from a typical companion since he doesn't take up a slot, so I don't know if that's significant here.

If you're playing on PC maybe there's something you can do through the console.

rareside

Well FUCK ME!!! I'm so pissed right now.. the game's frozen on me so many damn times, and now this--

Boone Spoiler GLITCH?

Somehow I have his rifle now and can't give it back. He's pretty damn useless now with only a machete...

FUCK THIS GAME!

Kerrinck said:

I currently lost ED-E as well, definitely didn't tell him to wait, still have his perk. Kinda just going about my business and hoping the game works that out itself eventually don't know what else I could do (have fast traveled and slept a bit hasn't helped yet, not playing on pc so no console codes).

Hyunkel6

rareside said:
Well FUCK ME!!! I'm so pissed right now.. the game's frozen on me so many damn times, and now this--

Boone Spoiler GLITCH?

Somehow I have his rifle now and can't give it back. He's pretty damn useless now with only a machete...

FUCK THIS GAME!
Are you sure that his inventory isn't full? Maybe try giving him another rifle?

Snuggler said:
Oh yeah, I did kill one of those guys. He was the one (very minor spoiler)
eating the farmer's Brahim at Dinosaur City

I felt kinda bad because I threw a 'nade at the nightkin but it landed by the Brahim, asploded and crippled like half of them. My bad.

that quest scared the living shit out of me

Wallach

Kerrinck said:

Well, when you first go into the Lucky 38 your companions are not allowed to go inside, so I would assume they are still standing on the steps waiting for you to come back and pick them up?

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Wallach said:
Well, when you first go into the Lucky 38 your companions are not allowed to go inside, so I would assume they are still standing on the steps waiting for you to come back and pick them up?
Yup, that's exactly what happened to me.

Zeliard said:
I'd recommend getting Veronica if you want a companion. Her voice actor is phenomenal and she's an amusing character in general. She's also not quite as overpowered as Boone in combat since she's focused on melee. She's still very strong (she comes with a power fist) but she won't quite kill every character in the vicinity within 10 seconds as Boone does.

I have her decked out in some BoS power armor now, so she's a beast. Seeing her punching the heads of off Super Mutants never gets old.
Ah, thanks!

Top Bottom