• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout New Vegas |OT| Obsidian does what Bethesdon't

Hyunkel6

I encountered a weird bug where the lockpick minigame would be replaced by an empty hacking minigame screen. Reloading a save didn't fix it. I was beginning to freak out. Thankfully, rebooting the game worked. I'm loving the game, but patches can't come soon enough.

Pooya

Felicia Day is really great in this game, hope she does more voice acting for video game in future.

Gooster said:
I just want to point out that Vault 34... ...sucks.
just wear a
radiation suit
. >_>

weekend_warrior said:
I can't get Boone to follow me anymore. I used him for a while after getting him as a companion, then sent him back to Novac while I did missions around the strip. Now I want him as I
make a final push for the NCR cause.
he's in his hotel room but won't leave with me. The companion wheel comes up, everything is set for him to follow, but he won't. And he keeps saying "what is it?", every 2 fucking seconds. What can I do to fix this?

bump for new page. plz halp.

jax (old)

Banned
DeVeAn said:
Have you guys seen the bug-cheats on GT? Level 30 in a matter of minutes? Damn, kinda takes the enjoyment out of the game to do that. Hopefully this will force the devs to patch the game quicker.

Deafeats the purpose and game ruining for run 1 n 2

DeVeAn

Ikuu said:
Then don't do it, it's not like you could accidental do them and hit 30. If I really wanted to level to 30, I'd just open the console and do it.

Never said I was intending to do it. I also agree it only affects "you the player" so really no harm done. Still, there are lots of bugs and I would like them fixed for a smoother ride through the experience in the game.

Celsior

Boone says he will leave me if I kill one more NCR ranger, going to try to finsh the main story, have a save before the final push.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Yeah so the Powder ganger accept me into their base, everything is cool, I'm neutral with them with or without the outfit on and then I get in the admin building and these dicks with names all rage on me. Maybe I need the best powder ganger armor?

Ledsen

duckroll said:
I'm nearing the end part of the game, well over 30 hours of play time (maybe over 40 too, lazy to check now), I think I've discovered 70-80 locations, but I haven't killed a shit ton of enemies because I'm playing mostly a speech character. I'm level 25-26 now. I think I'll probably hit 30 before I complete the game, but the level cap seems pretty tight. Obviously if I played a combat heavy character who gets to kill a lot more enemies (and higher level ones to boot) the cap can be reached much sooner.

Sounds like the mod I found that raises xp needed to level by 50% will be just about right then.

...or maybe I'll use the +100% xp needed version. Decisions, decisions.

NoRéN

HK-47 said:
And quoting broken spoiler tags helps how?
HK-47
Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
(Today, 04:00 PM)

Too easy. It's just a suit.

Anyway, any good weapon against deathclaws? The Anti-Material rifle is good, but it can be hit or miss. Sometimes I get one-hit kills while the next shot will only take off 2-3 bars of healths. I can't find many mines, either.

duckroll

NoRéN said:
Anyway, any good weapon against deathclaws? The Anti-Material rifle is good, but it can be hit or miss. Sometimes I get one-hit kills while the next shot will only take off 2-3 bars of healths. I can't find many mines, either.

My favorite "weapon" against Deathclaws is the Stealth Boy. I just sneak right past and that keeps me alive to fight non-Deathclaw enemies another day. :lol

NoRéN

duckroll said:
My favorite "weapon" against Deathclaws is the Stealth Boy.
Oh, so you sneak and them punch then in the back of the head or something?
duckroll said:
I just sneak right past and that keeps me alive to fight non-Deathclaw enemies another day. :lol
:lol
Dammit. Never thought of that.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
Seriously thinking about restarting the game to install Arwens Realism Tweaks. Leveling way too fast, doing way too much damage with 1 ST and like 6 Melee skill, etc. Hardcore is nice but the name makes it sound like it would be grueling but its been cake so far. Time to ramp things up a notch or two i think :lol

NoRéN

weekend_warrior said:
All right, think i fixed the Boone problem. Appears to be a known glitch.
How exactly did you fix the problem?

So, anyone here decide to have fun with the explosives? I decided last night to invest in C4 and a detonator. Was crippling deathclaws with ease and then, the detonator stops working. Possible glitch?

NoRéN said:
I like to load myself full of chems (med-x, slasher, buffout), eat some brahmin steak, drink some whiskey and go smash them with my Ballistic Fist.

NoRéN

Darkshier said:
I like to load myself full of chems (med-x, slasher, buffout), eat some brahmin steak, drink some whiskey and go smash them with my Ballistic Fist.
Is it effective?

Someone should make a mod for your situation in hardcore mode. As soon as all of those excessive chems wear off, your character crawls into the fetal position and gets the shakes, complaining about it being too cold, midday in the mojave.

jax (old)

Banned
NoRéN said:
HK-47
Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
(Today, 04:00 PM)

Too easy. It's just a suit.

I used the sniper and by the time to them with finesse and critical hit perks and I can kill death claws in 1-2 shots. I was like lol.

NoRéN

Jax said:
I used the sniper and by the time to them with finesse and critical hit perks and I can kill death claws in 1-2 shots. I was like lol.
The sniper Rifle, right? I was using the Ratslayer after some praise here on the thread but, didn't see it's greatness. I think I have Better Criticals Perk. I'll make sure to get Finesse next.

NoRéN said:
Is it effective?

Someone should make a mod for your situation in hardcore mode. As soon as all of those excessive chems wear off, your character crawls into the fetal position and gets the shakes, complaining about it being too cold, midday in the mojave.
The armor I am wearing has a high DT so combined with the chems I take very little damage, if any. If I start having any trouble, I can always add some Jet, Psycho and Rebound chems, to make the fight that much easier. I love playing a drugged out junkie who smashes everything in the face. Not to mention I
have cass and her added perk of higher DT when drunk, am wearing Brotherhood Power Armor and I have the +DT implant you can get
. I am a damage sponge.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Having some issues trying to recruit
Cass. I have Heartaches by the Number just started, but I've already been all over the place in the Strip. I already talked to Alice previously and all of her dialog options are still greyed out. Anything I can do?

Zeliard

Haha, I was praising the voice actor for Veronica a while back having no idea she's voiced by Felicia Day. She's great in the role. Perfect level of sass.

PowderedToast said:
has anyone chosen to fight against the NCR in their playthrough? if so how difficult did it make the game for you? NCR seem to be in abundance throughout the wasteland, even moreso when compared to other factions.

The NCR and I have built up a sort of love/hate relationship throughout the game. I do things to piss them off and then regain their favor through other quests. Rinse and repeat.

I've spent much of the game in some sort of NCR armor because I have a tendency of getting on their bad side and being shot at, and NCR is pretty ubiquitous around the wasteland.

bumclot

NoRéN said:
The sopilers, they do nothing!
58Gc1.png

Celsior

duckroll said:
I needed to get to the Great Khan encampment to complete a quest, and I wasn't about to risk fighting 10 deathclaws to get there! :lol
Me with the gobi sniper rifle +Boone = kill every deathclaw at the quarry without being touched.

Also just did the ending, so it seems like there is many different endings.

NoRéN

lawblob said:
Playing while drunk is a dangerous combination. I just lost my cool in Freeside, murdered a ton of people.
Did you sober up, go back and wonder what had transpired while you were "gone"?

bumclot said:
Someone got it. No matter, I've decided to invest in the Sarcmark for future use.

Beernf

So for anyone near the end of the game...

I killed Caesar and pretty much every Legion member in his camp and now things have started to get really funky. People don't know he is dead, they keep talking about how the battle is imminent, etc. Certain quests are now just broken, like House Always Wins I, the mission for the Khans, and a couple others. I also chose to side with Yes Man and now the NCR doesnt like me, but i have a mission to talk to a hostile NCR member. Crazy stuff.

So basically, has anyone else gone down this path? Anyone know if these are just standard bugs for this game?

Booted the game up with the strict intention of finally pushing on in the story. Got side-tracked with awesome side missions as always :lol

I haven't had any freezes since the patch on 360 but the random stuttering is so fucking annoying. Can't believe MS allowed to release the game like that, console 1st party certification is a joke.

daoster

For mission "You'll Know It When It Happens,"

When I talk to
Grant
, to start the mission, there doesn't seem to be any speech options other than "goodbye." Do I have to wait till a certain day or whatever?

Beernf said:
So for anyone near the end of the game...

I killed Caesar and pretty much every Legion member in his camp and now things have started to get really funky. People don't know he is dead, they keep talking about how the battle is imminent, etc. Certain quests are now just broken, like House Always Wins I, the mission for the Khans, and a couple others. I also chose to side with Yes Man and now the NCR doesnt like me, but i have a mission to talk to a hostile NCR member. Crazy stuff.

So basically, has anyone else gone down this path? Anyone know if these are just standard bugs for this game?

I did the same thing as you and nothing was broken the way you are describing it.
I killed Caesar before I did anything for Mr. House, or killing Benny. After I killed Caesar, I even got a dialogue option when I eventually did go to Mr. House. He mentioned that killing Caesar wouldn't matter and his Legion would try to take the Damn regardless. People even mentioned in passing dialogue that I had killed Caesar and recognized that I had done that.

I was also able to do the mission for the Khans. The ones for Papa Khan and the missions for Jack and Diane. I also sided with Yes Man (myself really) and yes a quest pops up saying if you continue to work with him, the NCR wont like you anymore. I had such a high NCR rep anyways, that it didn't seem to affect anything.

I've run into a problem and was hoping for some help:

It looks like I've misplaced my human follower. I'm on 360 so I have no way of glitching the game but is there any way to find where they may be? I really just wanted to let her go so I can get a new follower. Thanks for any help.

Justin

Has there been any update on a fix for the corrupted saves on xbox. My three latest saves all have the DLC error and I have had to shelve the game until there is a fix.

Celsior

there is 187 locations, I have 100, holy shit
Justin said:
Has there been any update on a fix for the corrupted saves on xbox. My three latest saves all have the DLC error and I have had to shelve the game until there is a fix.
There was a 360 update yesterday not sure what it fixed though.

Hyunkel6

moop2000 said:
I've run into a problem and was hoping for some help:

It looks like I've misplaced my human follower. I'm on 360 so I have no way of glitching the game but is there any way to find where they may be? I really just wanted to let her go so I can get a new follower. Thanks for any help.
Do you mean that you parted ways with her? If so, she should be where you met her for the first time.

Hyunkel6 said:
Do you mean that you parted ways with her? If so, she should be where you met her for the first time.

Nope, she seems to have just stopped following me. I never gave her the command so I'm thinking she just glitched. I know there are some issues with the followers and them following. The reason it sucks is that she is still in my group but I want to recruit someone else and can't while she is still in my party.

knitoe

NoRéN said:
The sniper Rifle, right? I was using the Ratslayer after some praise here on the thread but, didn't see it's greatness. I think I have Better Criticals Perk. I'll make sure to get Finesse next.
I prefer the Gauss Rifle even after using the unique Ogobi Scout Sniper Rifle. And, if you have "Like" Brotherhood faction, you can get unlimited ammo for it. Plus, it looks more bad ass.

Top Bottom