• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout New Vegas |OT| Obsidian does what Bethesdon't

JoeBoy101

ezekial45 said:
Is there anyway i can talk Jean-Baptiste out of
Killing Cass? I've become somewhat attached to her, and i don't really want to soil my rep with the Van Gruffs. I will if theres no other option though.

Fuck em. That store had awesome loot. When I got Cass in there, I dropped trou and brought out the heavy artillery.

A LOT of goodies in Silver Rush. :D

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Dresden said:
You've missed two so far.
ED-E in Primm. Boone in Novac.

Damn. I guess I missed those too. Here I thought I wasn't at the point of having companions either.

Zeke

just a quick question but what items go for a pretty penny? I noticed cartons and packs of cigs have a pretty decent sell value. Scrap metal seems pretty cheap I know in part 3 you could sell the scrap metal for a decent price.

Timber

darkjedi187 said:
Has anyone managed to find Rex after sending him to the hotel. Man that dog sucks at listening!!
I thought I'd lost Rex earlier today. I went into the Kings' HQ to see if he was there, and lo and behold, as soon as I entered I saw him run past me and out of the door. Followed him outside and he was speeding towards the Lucky 38.

Factions are so screwy. I was vilified by the Powder Gangers and the Legion yet none of them were hostile towards me. Then I got an offer from the Legion along with the message that all my crimes against them were absolved, and all the Legion dudes out in the wasteland started shooting me again without provocation.

edit: like many others i feel that i'm gaining exp too rapidly. i'm level 22 now and there are entire sections of the map i haven't explored yet. sometimes my companion will suddenly start firing at something and i gain another 50 exp and i'm all NOOO this is going way too damn fast.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
Zeke said:
just a quick question but what items go for a pretty penny? I noticed cartons and packs of cigs have a pretty decent sell value. Scrap metal seems pretty cheap I know in part 3 you could sell the scrap metal for a decent price.
Weapons repaired to full go for a lot. If you have a high Repair skill (or better yet Jury Rigging perk) you can make a grip of caps easy. Youll never be broke.

As for misc items.. usually alcohol and cartons of cigs are worth picking up to sell later (the Pack Rat perk helps immensely with this.. requires 50 Barter i think.. all items with a weight of 2 or less have their weight cut in half. So helpful for picking areas clean).

Zeke

water_wendi said:
Weapons repaired to full go for a lot. If you have a high Repair skill (or better yet Jury Rigging perk) you can make a grip of caps easy. Youll never be broke.

As for misc items.. usually alcohol and cartons of cigs are worth picking up to sell later (the Pack Rat perk helps immensely with this.. requires 50 Barter i think.. all items with a weight of 2 or less have their weight cut in half. So helpful for picking areas clean).
awesome, now to back track and pick up all the stuff I left on purpose :lol

Kurtofan

A question about the Brotherhood of Steel:
Ousting McNamara is enough to have the Brotherhood on my side right?
I don't need to become a member of the Brotherhood?

This was random...

ilGE4.jpg

NIN90

About the Come Fly With Me quest:

I'm at what I think is the last part of the quest (just gave the parts for the rockets to Chris). So when I start the launch sequence Chris and I go to the window and Jason Bright says a few lines but nothing else happens.

Am I missing something?

GhostRidah said:
This was random...

http://min.us/ilGE4.jpg[img][/QUOTE]

What's that UI mod called?

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
Its funny but if we didnt point that out, someone would read that not knowing what it meant and probably list it as a bug or glitch.

edit: That UI is called Revelation. Its awesome but i get a hiccup when i use it. Hopefully it will get fixed.

Dresden

NIN90 said:

I'm at what I think is the last part of the quest (just gave the parts for the rockets to Chris). So when I start the launch sequence Chris and I go to the window and Jason Bright says a few lines but nothing else happens.

Am I missing something?
The viewing platform is around where you first met
Bright. You need to climb back up there and find the door for the test platform.

JoeBoy101 said:
Actually it isn't.

Apparently he has had his way with a First Recon Squadmember. Becomes part of, you guessed it!, another quest

He also
burned up Pretty Sarah's face after raping her, the pimp from Westside.

NIN90 said:

Am I missing something?

That part confused me too. You need to go back to their hideout (or whatever you want to call it), there's a door in there that's normally locked but will now open.
What's strange is I ran into a glitch that keeps Chris next to the intercom telling me the rockets are about to launch, even though they're long gone.

That reminds me, is there any reward for the quest? Anything I should look out for in that building? I sort of feel like I left empty handed (aside from about ten stealthboys).

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
Tkawsome said:
That reminds me, is there any reward for the quest? Anything I should look out for in that building? I sort of feel like I left empty handed (aside from about ten stealthboys).
As far as items go there is the
Space Suit
in there.

Hyunkel6

Tkawsome said:
I was wondering the same thing when I completed this quest. The best I could find were a
space suit and space helmet
in the room with the intercom.

Tkawsome said:
That part confused me too. You need to go back to their hideout (or whatever you want to call it), there's a door in there that's normally locked but will now open.
What's strange is I ran into a glitch that keeps Chris next to the intercom telling me the rockets are about to launch, even though they're long gone.

If you talk to the security guard that gave you the quest, you'll gain respect in the town. That and XP are the only rewards I think.

SlipperySlope said:
If you talk to the security guard that gave you the quest, you'll gain respect in the town. That and XP are the only rewards I think.

Ok, I never followed up with anyone in the town. It was Manny who gave me the quest, right?

Ricker

Damn...pretty much owned eveywhere now....Cass`s line of quest are ridiculously hard for my level(16)..what she`s asking me to do is against what I have done so far and I don`t understand why she wants me to kill this person,when a deal was done in a fair manner...and the stuff at the Silver Rush? not sure what to do there,i`m overpowered there also...the Gun Runner quest I can`t do either,even with a Stealth Boy,they see me at some point and they start attacking...

Also I rescued some prisoners in a Legion camp,with Boone so i`m vilified with them now,i`m a NCR guy mostly anyway but now the Legion guys randomly appear,there`s like 10 of them and they pretty much kill me and my companion pretty damn fast,wtf is up with that?? so I decided to head to the Strip and do that quest line for now.

Lakitu

st5fu
Got an arse whooping by Ghoul Reavers and a bunch of Mister Gutsy's at the same time. Time to call it a night. 30 hours or so in and I've only really done 10 quests. I love this game. Reached level 16 so I'm making pretty good progress.

Ploid 3.0

JoeBoy101 said:
Fuck em. That store had awesome loot. When I got Cass in there, I dropped trou and brought out the heavy artillery.

A LOT of goodies in Silver Rush. :D

I'm stuck at this. I have the speech perk that let's you intimidate people to get out of a situation but when I use it he just ends the conversation as if he don't want to cross me. I need to either kill him or avoid that area since I need that mission. The thing is I really liked those missions they were giving me and I thought I'd join their group.
I really wish I didn't think the person was cool, the whole backstory made me get attached to her, also she seems awesome (drink perks).

I can't kill the group at all. I'm level 11 or so, my bullets don't hurt them.

Lakitu

st5fu
I feel like I've barely scratched the surface of the game, still... awesome. People talking about different locations and companions I've never even heard of yet. I'm taking it slow just building up my character and getting as much loot as possible. I've got some nice surprises so far. I still have to explore some more towards the bottom of the map. I probably would have done if it weren't for those pesky Ghoul Reavers. Now I'm just going to do a quest at Camp Searchlight.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
Ploid 3.0 said:
I'm stuck at this. I have the speech perk that let's you intimidate people to get out of a situation but when I use it he just ends the conversation as if he don't want to cross me. I need to either kill him or avoid that area since I need that mission. The thing is I really liked those missions they were giving me and I thought I'd join their group.
I really wish I didn't think the person was cool, the whole backstory made me get attached to her, also she seems awesome (drink perks).

I can't kill the group at all. I'm level 11 or so, my bullets don't hurt them.
Maybe try telling your companions to stay upstairs and mine the fuck out of the area before the door to the room with the stairs. Stealth shoot one through that window and run up to join your party while the mines soften them up :lol

stupei

water_wendi said:
Yea its Manny. Did you use the Perk on him to get the info for the main quest?

You can use the perk or you can also
pickpocket him
, which is what I did originally. But then I went back and did the quest anyway because it seemed interesting and I wanted to hold off on getting into Vegas as long as possible. :lol

Pooya

I need help! about main quest and platinum chip!
so I just got the platinum chip from Ceaser, obviously I don't want to help Legion Should I go to the bunker with the platinum chip or break through the gate and return to Mr. House? I don't want to help Mr. House neither. Can I go to the bunker and destroy nothing and get out of the Legion camp without any hostile action and return there later?

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
stupei said:
You can use the perk or you can also
pickpocket him
, which is what I did originally. But then I went back and did the quest anyway because it seemed interesting and I wanted to hold off on getting into Vegas as long as possible. :lol
You can also
check his computer.

water_wendi said:
Yea its Manny. Did you use the Perk on him to get the info for the main quest?

:lol

I can't remember. I feel like I've been on the Come Fly With Me quest for ages. I'm pretty sure I got the info off his computer though.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
Tkawsome said:
:lol

I can't remember. I feel like I've been on the Come Fly With Me quest for ages. I'm pretty sure I got the info off his computer though.
Ah well thats why. You skipped the need to do the quest so i dont think the quest log/compass points you back to Manny since you already know what hes going to tell you.

Tkawsome said:

Yeah, that part seems kinda glitched. You can get Chris to get back to Novac when he realizes
he has been betrayed by the ghouls

miladesn said:
I need help! about main quest and platinum chip!
so I just got the platinum chip from Ceaser, obviously I don't want to help Legion Should I go to the bunker with the platinum chip or break through the gate and return to Mr. House? I don't want to help Mr. House neither. Can I go to the bunker and destroy nothing and get out of the Legion camp without any hostile action and return there later?

You can
do either. Destroying the base will permanently make House mad at you and make the legion happy, or using the chip as House wants will continue your relationship with him (and you can later betray him) and also make the Legion happy because they still think you blew it up even though you didn't.

Top Bottom