• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout New Vegas |OT| Obsidian does what Bethesdon't

Pooya

weekend_warrior said:
You can
do either. Destroying the base will permanently make House mad at you and make the legion happy, or using the chip as House wants will continue your relationship with him (and you can later betray him) and also make the Legion happy because they still think you blew it up even though you didn't.
so I can go down there and destroy nothing and get out of there with the platinum chip and return to Mr. House and Legion won't be mad because they think I destroyed the base? that's what I want to do

PowderedToast

does anyone else think that mr. house is really well voiced? i think the fact
he's a computer screen helps, i'm not distracted by poor lip-snyc and animation like with everyone else.

the voice acting in general is much more consistent, only noticed a handful of duds. the rangers in particular always sound off to me.

Kurtofan

weekend_warrior said:
You can
do either. Destroying the base will permanently make House mad at you and make the legion happy, or using the chip as House wants will continue your relationship with him (and you can later betray him) and also make the Legion happy because they still think you blew it up even though you didn't.
The Legion won't use the chip anyway right?

miladesn said:
so I can go down there and destroy nothing and get out of there with the platinum chip and return to Mr. House and Legion won't be mad because they think I destroyed the base? that's what I want to do

Yes, that's exactly what I did.

arab

fucking save file corrupted! my relationship with this game is testing. gonna start a new file, melee and unarmed specialty with focus on luck and endurance. calling this motherfucker jackie chan!

Ledsen

MrBelmontvedere said:
lol, here is a good example of the general screwyness of Gamebryo

ScreenShot4.jpg

:lol

hopefully this won't screw up any quests... I can still talk to him but he's "stuck" there in the ceiling... wtf :lol

Lol I just had that yesterday. Made my first conversation with him pretty funny :lol

NoRéN

Dechaios said:
Mods are awesome... :lol

Of course, 3 followers makes the game a bit too easy so I'll be taking them off pretty shortly.
Damn, your character looks cool! I like the hair.
It seems to say, " Hey, you have a brush that i may borrow? I'm just kidding. I have a deathclaw hand that i use to brush my hair. I just wanted you to know that."

DarkKyo

NoRéN said:
Damn, your character looks cool! I like the hair.
It seems to say, " Hey, you have a brush that i may borrow? I'm just kidding. I have a deathclaw hand that i use to brush my hair. I just wanted you to know that."
:lol

I just got a big beauty pack on newvegasnexus that had some sleek hairstyles in it... the rest of the new ones were way too clean so I opted for the scraggly style in the pack. I think it looks damn cool.

Insertia

Had my first crash. 5 hours in. Luckily I saved a minute or two before it happened.

I look forward to getting companions. I really need someone to hold all the loot I carry.

edgefusion

Loving the game but god damn I just had my PS3 lock up for the second time while playing. Really pleased to see so many gay characters too, I hope I can bed them all!

NoRéN

edgefusion said:
Loving the game but god damn I just had my PS3 lock up for the second time while playing. Really pleased to see so many gay characters too, I hope I can bed them all!
I want to bed
Pretty Sarah

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
If I'm planning to
fight against the Legion anyway, and will ultimately incur Beware the Wrath of Caesar by helping the NCR and Yes Man, might I just as well go and shoot the hell out of their fort and kill Caesar? With Boone and Rex, I can pretty much just wipe out the camp in minutes, and Boone reacts rather favorably to the "stunt."
I just wonder if there are any quests that would still be available up there once
Render Unto Caesar is considered failed and Wrath is triggered
that would otherwise not be if I slaughter everyone.

I finally beat the game on my first playthrough. Ugh, the last 5 hours were a real test to my patience. Now it's time for something a little different.

I remember hearing from a developer that it's possible to go through the whole game without killing anybody, so I decided to do... the exact opposite, and kill every single person I come across. :D With two exceptions, Doc Mitchell and I want to grab Raul as a companion/ cargo mule.

I think I'm going to go with a pure assault build, melee and explosives. O points toward Perception, Charisma and Intelligence. What traits would be good? Heavey Handed seems obvious, is Built to Destroy any good? Or is Kamikaze better?

I got spurs, that jingle jangle jingle

(jingle jangle)

This shit has been in my head all morning. The Radio New Vegas "More Where That Came From" mod can't come soon enough.

Do you lose the ability to do Boone's "I forgot to remember to forget" if you have done all the missions required to get him to talk before you actually recruit him? If so, how do I get the quest?

avcables

Banned
BanShunsaku said:

(jingle jangle)

This shit has been in my head all morning. The Radio New Vegas "More Where That Came From" mod can't come soon enough.

I've been singing this song non-stop since the game released.

Prior to its release (couple of days) I was singing

I don't want to set the wooorrrlllddd onnn fiiirrreee.

Shit is so smooth.

Ledsen

BanShunsaku said:

(jingle jangle)

There are already radio mods. I used Radio New Vegas Extender together with the mp3:s from the GNR More Where That Came From mod (not the mono mp3/ogg files, only the original mp3s). I normalized them to 78.9 decibel (supposed to be what the other radio songs are) using mp3gain and then followed the instructions in the Radio New Vegas Extender readme to create mono .ogg files using Audacity. Tada, 100 new songs in my game :)

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
avcables said:
I've been singing this song non-stop since the game released.

Prior to its release (couple of days) I was singing

I don't want to set the wooorrrlllddd onnn fiiirrreee.

Shit is so smooth.
Theeeeeeeere was never a man... like my.. Johnnnyyyyyyyyy...

Nose Master

Uhm. So, did no one get to Nellis
through the train tunnel? There's a section of the floor in front of a doorway that just isn't there. My companions and ghouls alike fall forever then respawn whenever they rush into it. Same thing happens to me, I think. :lol I want to get in that room >:O

Max

I am not Max
Just finished the main story at level 23, with about 25 hours on file. Really enjoyed it and I can't wait for some awesome mods to come out for a replay.

"War never changes" gave me the chills

NoRéN

BanShunsaku said:

(jingle jangle)

:lol Song got stuck in my lady's head, too.
Personally, I can't get enough of Heartaches ny the Number and Love Me as Though There Were No Tomorrow. Two of the most beautiful songs ever.

So, anyone do the I put a Spell on You quest at McCarran?
If so,
any way to keep the monorail from blowing up
?

ckohler

If I complete quests for the Brotherhood will that make the NCR hate me (assuming I never harm an NCR)? In other words, can I be liked by both the Brotherhood and NCR?

NoRéN

ckohler said:
If I complete quests for the Brotherhood will that make the NCR hate me (assuming I never harm an NCR)? In other words, can I be liked by both the Brotherhood and NCR?
I was liked by both for a while. Then I did the quests for Cass and
killed Alice at Crimson Caravan
. Now, NCR thinks im Unpredictable and the Brotherhood is the same.

I've just been trying this out on PC, and while everything runs fine for the most part, when I'm travelling with another NPC they stutter like crazy. Are there any fixes for this (ATI card)? I think I saw something about tweaks earlier in the thread but can't seem to find it now.

ckohler said:
Yes you can.
You can also convince the NCR to forge an alliance with the Brotherhood instead of destroying them, unlike House or Legion.

I'm working on a short walkthrough for the game, trying to be efficient and grabbing skill books, etc. Going to put it up soon.

avcables

Banned
I'm not sure if this is just me finding out about this now, but...

Apparently Lead does have actual weight in the game. I know it shows the value of 0.00 instead of -- but I figured it was glitched. Until I dumped the 46,000 Lead I had in my inventory out and my weight dropped 70 fucking points.

If you're playing hardcore, this is a pretty fucking huge deal. I honestly had no idea. I'm now at 70/190 instead of 140/190. I've been playing this whole game gimped.

FalloutNV%202010-10-28%2022-35-50-31.jpg

FalloutNV%202010-10-28%2022-35-52-24.jpg

FalloutNV%202010-10-28%2022-35-54-69.jpg

FalloutNV%202010-10-28%2022-35-57-03.jpg

According to those numbers in the pictures, Lead weighs about 0.0014 for each piece.

jax (old)

Banned
NoRéN said:
I was liked by both for a while. Then I did the quests for Cass and
killed Alice at Crimson Caravan
. Now, NCR thinks im Unpredictable and the Brotherhood is the same.

you know you don't have to do that. If you get the
2 letters/proof from both silver rush and CC, you can then go to the NCR and they will meter our justice

NoRéN said:
If so,
?

If you get to it quick enough you can disarm the bomb - it's a panel in the front left part of the monorail car

NoRéN said:
:lol Song got stuck in my lady's head, too.
Personally, I can't get enough of Heartaches ny the Number and Love Me as Though There Were No Tomorrow. Two of the most beautiful songs ever.

If so,
?

Rush directly back to the monorail, don't talk to Hsu or you'll be too late. There's a vent inside the train that has explosives on it that you have to disarm.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Just got to NV last night... and
just plain out killed Benny in the high rollers' room was pretty fun and rewarding to decide to just shoot him in the face as my followers bit him and beat him with a pool stick..

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Caved in and bought the game.

The decisions at the beginning of the game sort of overwhelming for me, just like the original Fallout 3. On what stats should I pour the points? Strength? Science? Speech?.... Gah, too many options.

I usually just left Strength at its default number since I dislike Melee-based build but now guns are having strength requirement...? Bah.

Decisions, decisions, decisions. I need recommendation, guys. What are the most important stats and skills in this game for me to invest? Decisions, decisions, decisions. FYI, anything aside melee build is fine...

Oh, and if I skip in tagging the first two perks at the beginning, will the perk points carry over? I am literally stuck at the very beginning of the game because I am overwhelmed by all the options and decisions running around in my head :lol

Decisions, decisions... Help me out guys, I want to get out from the Doctor's house already :lol

Blackace

Laughing Banana said:

The decisions at the beginning of the game sort of overwhelming for me, just like the original Fallout 3. On what stats should I pour the points? Strength? Science? Speech?.... Gah, too many options.

I usually just left Strength at its default number since I dislike Melee-based build but now guns are having strength requirement...? Bah.

Decisions, decisions, decisions. I need recommendation, guys. What are the most important stats and skills in this game for me to invest? Decisions, decisions, decisions. FYI, anything aside melee build is fine...

Oh, and if I skip in tagging the first two perks at the beginning, will the perk points carry over? I am literally stuck at the very beginning of the game because I am overwhelmed by all the options and decisions running around in my head :lol

Decisions, decisions... Help me out guys, I want to get out from the Doctor's house already :lol

I want to ask you a serious question... do you play JRPGs a lot?

I think Cha is an awesome stat for Fallout like games.. I always pimp out my speech..

Wallach

Blackace said:
Just got to NV last night... and
just plain out killed Benny in the high rollers' room was pretty fun and rewarding to decide to just shoot him in the face as my followers bit him and beat him with a pool stick..

I also rather enjoyed kicking his coward ass before he could escape. Plus I like walking around in his suit paired with authority glasses. :lol

Wallach

Laughing Banana said:

Well, this game is more like the older Fallout games in that it is rather impossible to make a "maxed out" character in any regard. You need to decide how you want to *generally* play the game and lean all of your stat and skill choices in that direction. Jack-of-all-trades in these games are masters of shallow graves and unsatisfying conclusions.

Blackace

Wallach said:
I also rather enjoyed kicking his coward ass before he could escape. Plus I like walking around in his suit paired with authority glasses. :lol

wasn't any chance for him to escape... I talked him into talking to me alone in the suite... we talked and then I attacked... just perfect..

really loving the pacing of the game..Once you get to NV it really opens up into a world that you really shape and change

Top Bottom