• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout New Vegas |OT| Obsidian does what Bethesdon't

ezekial45

Banned
markot said:

I'm at lvl 22 and 30 hours in, and i haven't seen a single NPC in that armor. Does it only show up after a certain quest?

Anyway, i think i screwed up.
I became hostile with the legion after being forgiven, and i had to fight my way through the fort, and ended up killing Caesar. I got the Platinum Chip, but i can't find the fortification bunker anywhere.

I failed so many quests, and i'm sure
Mr. House is gonna be pissed.

duckroll

ezekial45 said:
I'm at lvl 22 and 30 hours in, and i haven't seen a single NPC in that armor. Does it only show up after a certain quest?

Anyway, i think i screwed up.
I became hostile with the legion after being forgiven, and i had to fight my way through the fort, and ended up killing Caesar. I got the Platinum Chip, but i can't find the fortification bunker anywhere.

I failed so many quests, and i'm sure
Mr. House is gonna be pissed.

The bunker:
It's inside the weather station in the North-West corner of the map where Legion's tent is.

If you need to find locations, you can always select the quest that requires it in the pipboy, and the target location will be marked.

Shinjitsu

Banned
ezekial45 said:
[/spoiler]

You need to advance the story pretty far for it to start showing up.

BlueTsunami said:
I wonder, would slipping a grenade in one of their pockets have the same effect as openly shooting them? (as far as being vilified).

It did for me. I got lucky when one of them left his post to go down into a valley and got into a skirmish with some other NCR and Legion guys. I guess I was far enough away when I killed him that it didn't turn the whole camp hostile, though I still lost some NCR rep.

Zeke

so think I found a glitch or it might just be a bug I'm not sure. Talk to a person and win a speech challenge. After that talk to them again and go thro the speech challenge again you should get exp again. I've done it about 10 times in a row already each time getting 28exp. I'm at
camp mccarran talking to Angela Williams about keely I asked her "what she thought of Dr. Hildern"
I don't know if this works for other NPC's it works here. Sorry if this is old and known.

ezekial45

Banned
duckroll said:
The bunker:
It's inside the weather station in the North-West corner of the map where Legion's tent is.

If you need to find locations, you can always select the quest that requires it in the pipboy, and the target location will be marked.

The pip boy just pointed to the exit of the fort.

duckroll

Zeke said:
so think I found a glitch or it might just be a bug I'm not sure. Talk to a person and win a speech challenge. After that talk to them again and go thro the speech challenge again you should get exp again. I've done it about 10 times in a row already each time getting 28exp. I'm at
camp mccarran talking to Angela Williams about keely I asked her "what she thought of Dr. Hildern"
I don't know if this works for other NPC's it works here. Sorry if this is old and known.

Yes I think that's one of the loop bugs. There's another loop bug if you complete Helios One in a certain way. If you want to abuse the system you can just sit there looping it and get to level 30.

ezekial45 said:
The pip boy just pointed to the exit of the fort.

For which mission?

ezekial45

Banned
duckroll said:
Yes I think that's one of the loop bugs. There's another loop bug if you complete Helios One in a certain way. If you want to abuse the system you can just sit there looping it and get to level 30.

For which mission?

Use the platinum chip at fortification hill.
When i exited, it just pointed back to The Fort.

Question regarding Legion home:

If i'm villified with the Legion, how do I get to Mr. House's bunker at Fortification Hill without killing everyone?

duckroll

ezekial45 said:
Use the platinum chip at fortification hill.
Where i exited, it just back to The Fort.

Look for a building in the corner of the Fortification Hill map. You should be able to go inside the building, and use the chip on the control panel there.

Confidence Man said:
falloutnv2010-10-3009-jd5s.jpg

If not for the jury rigging perk this armor would be a real pain in the ass to maintain.

Woah! Screw the armor, is the 14mm pistol in the game? I'm 30 hours in and I haven't seen it or any ammo for it so I just assumed it wasn't. I hope I'm not getting my hopes up over some mod you're using...

Pitch Black Flint said:
Woah! Screw the armor, is the 14mm pistol in the game? I'm 30 hours in and I haven't seen it or any ammo for it so I just assumed it wasn't. I hope I'm not getting my hopes up over some mod you're using...

Pretty sure that's the 12.7mm pistol.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
LabouredSubterfuge said:
Pretty sure that's the 12.7mm pistol.

This. and Ammo is pretty scarce in stores, I think I need to handload some myself (I've got the 12.7mm Sub Machine with Silencer).

dwebo

Deathclaw Promontory
is a fun place. Lots of deathclaws, no companions - fancy armor (some non-Brotherhood t-51b for whoever was asking earlier, and a
Remnant power armor!)
at the end to tempt you to push through. Annabelle and HE missiles save the day!

Also, I can't get Arcade's companion quest to start. Do you need to have chosen a faction path, ie. lock yourself out of others? I've done as many of his trust conversations as I could :-/

avcables said:
You might've mad some story decisions prior to going to Hidden Valley that negatively affected you with their faction. Check your stats to see how you're aligned with them.

Thats the thing though, I dont have a reputation with them. Just weird. If they are just going to attack me there will be hell to pay!!!!!!!!!!!!

Zerokku said:
Do you have a companion with you that might be wearing something affiliated with another faction?

Oh shi- he is not with me but I have boone and E-DE back at the lucky 38. However, I still have all of their perks and others seem to think they are with me?

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
the game is fantastic.

9 hours in and I hit the Strip. I really like the contrast. It doesn't look deserted, as I expected it to be.

Well, I won't be able to open up even 50% of the game in my first walkthrough. Too much places to visit, too much things to do.

Also I like that I'm talking to characters now, not quest-givers. Bethesda needs a lot if improvement in this area. They have some memorable NPCs sometimes but here EVERY NPC has some sort of personality. The whole world looks thought out and organic. Locations are better designed. Music is spooky, it feels almost like I'm playing STALKER sometimes. Gunplay is enjoyable. The only technical downside was FACEGEN horrible perfomance but I fixed this with the mod. Besides that no crashes, no bugs. It seems like Obsidian games like my computer, I had gamebreaking bugs in "polished" Bioware games, like glyphs not working in Dragon Age and people floating in the air in ME2. This whole "Obsidian makes buggy games" thing is blown out of proportion it seems. I had no problems with Alpha Protocol too.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Am I the only one who preordered from Amazon but hasn't received the $10 credit thing? I'm not exactly sure where to look but I've received no emails and I don't see anything on the amazon website.

those bastards screwed me over

Snuggler said:
Am I the only one who preordered from Amazon but hasn't received the $10 credit thing? I'm not exactly sure where to look but I've received no emails and I don't see anything on the amazon website.

those bastards screwed me over

You didn't get the collector's edition, did you? The $10 credit was only for the standard edition.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Pitch Black Flint said:
You didn't get the collector's edition, did you? The $10 credit was only for the standard edition.

Got the standard edition, so I qualify.

I sent them an email. I wish I was tough enough to be outraged and demand free shit but unfortunately I just asked nicely.

Pitch Black Flint said:
Well that explains why I haven't found any 14mm ammo. But that's definitely the gun I was looking for:

[/IMG]http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/images/2592-1-1230955276.jpg[/IMG]

Any clues as to where I can find one in game?

Dunno about that but I just found the 12.7mm Sub Machine Gun in
bloodborne cavern; where the thorn sends you to retrieve night stalker eggs
I'm pretty far into the game and I've done a ton of exploring and this is the first I've seen one... I think it's one of a kind.

owlbeak

I am going crazy trying to find a damn sensor module!! :lol I've got one and need another to repair ED-E but for the life of me, I can't find another. I've scoured everything between Greensprings and Nipton and can't find anything! :(

Pro tip on where I can find/buy one?

Horsebite said:
I am going crazy trying to find a damn sensor module!! :lol I've got one and need another to repair ED-E but for the life of me, I can't find another. I've scoured everything between Greensprings and Nipton and can't find anything! :(

try a scrap yard
Gibson has them I believe

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
im going to attempt a solo pacifist build. That means no killing people or animals, no getting Companions to kill for you (i will only get Companions to do their quests.. and even then maybe not), and no excessive stealing (if its red its off-limits). My XP is going to come in solely from dialog skill checks, quest completion, hacking, lockpicking, and disarming traps.

Here are my stats upon entering Goodsprings:
s0weg9.jpg

First plan of attack is to make a quick fortune so i can win some money on the tables! :D Going to need lots of caps for implants. i plan on getting the IN implant early so as to maximize my skill points/level. i went with high EN so i could get a huge HP pool so i can take shots as im fleeing for my life and also have access to all implants. AG is also high for faster run speed. i took points out of ST since i wont need to carry much (weapons and ammo are all going to be sold for caps). LK and CH i lowered since i wont be fighting. PE is above average so i can see people on my radar (necessary when Sneaking a lot imo).

i did some preliminary runs but have run into issues. im pretty confident that this build will be viable to see most side content. The largest problem ive had has been planning Levels. Since XP is going to be tight from not fighting i am seriously considering taking Swift Learner. Here are the Perks im thinking about taking:
2: Swift Learner
4: Educated
6: Comprehension (might switch places with 8 and hold off reading books or using magazines)
8: Swift Learner
10: Swift Learner (30% XP gain which will amount to about 18,000 XP if i somehow manage level cap)
12: Robotics Experts (for shutting down robots. Its not killing ;) )
14: Silent Running
16: Travel Light
18+: If i can even get this high level, whatever perk i feel like.. probably a lot of Intense Trainings at this point and beyond.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
That should be interesting, Wendi. Some day I'll have to try that myself.

It's cool because it's actually a realistic goal in this game, it might take a little longer but you can still earn a lot of XP without participating in combat.

You should get a 12 gauge shotgun and only use the rubber bullets, you know, just in case.

Horsebite said:

There are a ton of them at REPCON. It's part of the quest "Come Fly With Me".

demolitio

That's a pretty good idea water_wendi. Let me know how it works out for you. I still haven't decided how my second playthrough will be, but I think I'm going to be a major asshole and side with the Legion for everything. I'm fascinated with Roman history afterall, so it's pretty fitting I help them out. :lol

8bit

Knows the Score
Horsebite said:

Fire Hose boxes in Bison Steve.

Dresden

water_wendi said:
2: Swift Learner
6: Comprehension (might switch places with 8 and hold off reading books or using magazines)
8: Swift Learner
10: Swift Learner (30% XP gain which will amount to about 18,000 XP if i somehow manage level cap)
12: Robotics Experts (for shutting down robots. Its not killing ;) )
14: Silent Running
16: Travel Light
18+: If i can even get this high level, whatever perk i feel like.. probably a lot of Intense Trainings at this point and beyond.
Interesting idea, I want to try this myself. No kills at all... and no cheating with unarmed, I take it. :lol

I think I'd go:

2: Confirmed Bachelor/Lady Killer (for extra dialogue)
6: Travel Light (for running away even faster! :lol )
8: Terrifying Presence
10: Animal Friend
12: Silent Running
14: Fast Metabolism
16: ??

Maybe later. I think I'd load up on all the non-combat perks I've never taken, like Presence and Animal Friend.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
Oh yea, Animal Friend. Going to have to get at least 1 level of that somewhere.

i was planning on buffing up my Sneak first but i think im going to get Lockpick/Science to 50 and Barter/Speech to 40-45 just because those checks are a critical part of my leveling.

The Chef

Such a huge fan of Fallout 3. Cant wait to get my hands on this. For the most part is everyone playing on Hardcore (or whatever its called)?

Coverly

duckroll said:

Don't know if this is a loop bug or not, but just now talking to Nash's wife in Primm:
1. Ask for the scorpion food to be made
2. say you have a bunch of them
3. repeat without ending the conversation.

I had 5 or more scorpion glands, but not more than 10. I kept repeating the option over and over and ended up with 60.

Question, For the NCR Cook that asks to better the food conditions:
I got blake to agree to trade spices, fixed the machine, but Fitz and Nash don't give me any quest options. I bought everything they(Fitz,Nate) had, went back to the cook, and nothing. Went back again to see if I missed any conversation trees and no options concerning the cook.
How am I suppose to get the meat?

jax (old)

Banned
mjemirzian said:
Deathclaws, Super Mutants, and Feral Ghoul Reavers have some of the highest HP in the game. Damage boosts against them are great. You are wrong.

Total AP isn't important because you can enter VATS as many times as you want. VATS is an auto-aiming system, it doesn't provide more benefit for using it in longer bursts. AP regen is what you should want more of.

Faster reloading = more sustained DPS, unless you plan on never reloading (lol). Simple math. You are again wrong and make no points to back yourself up with.

A) I am level 16 now guns 74, I 1 shot all the creatures u described with the sniper

B) creatures usually come in 2-3 from a distance, so high ap, means you can vats them all to death by essentially slowing time n killing them all quickly.

C) with a good gun, it's good practice to manual reload anyhow, and you should never need to reload in combat that much so, it again is a useless perk

With a high ap, I picked the trait kamikaze and action boy, I get to do multiple submachine gun attacks in vats, in a fight against a cluster of fiends, vats blows their brains our in quick succession and I can do 7-8 selections which effectively kills a bunch of them.with my new character I never struggled with combat. Wiped out monte Carlo suites super quick with vats attack.

Without a high ap, you cant do vats as often.

the discussion above about fast reloading and the magnum? it might be a gun you use at low level but is limited in bullets, slow and slow to reload and frankly, not that good. so you know what, ditch it. :)

Coverly

The Chef said:
Such a huge fan of Fallout 3. Cant wait to get my hands on this. For the most part is everyone playing on Hardcore (or whatever its called)?

If you're coming from Fallout 3, then hardcore is the way to go. It won't kill you, and the extra challenge is fun.

X26

Banned
The Chef said:
Such a huge fan of Fallout 3. Cant wait to get my hands on this. For the
most part is everyone playing on Hardcore (or whatever its called)?

hardcore is the way to go

MMaRsu

I'm stuck in vault 34...

I'm in the armory and I have the password but I can't find a way to get into the overseers office. The guide says I have to use a terminal in the area but I can't find one..

Anyone?

Top Bottom