• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout New Vegas |OT| Obsidian does what Bethesdon't

Lakitu

st5fu
Kurtofan said:
You mean you want to kill
Father Elijah
? :D

Is that
Father Elijah
in the video? No matter who it is, even if it's Boone, they're getting a bullet. I'm a whore for loot :D

HiResDes

The thing that irritates me most about this game would probably be conceived as minutia to others...I can't stand how easy it is to receive good karma. I tried to make my third character as evil as possible, I named him Damien, and I was pretty just killing, lying, and cheating whoever I could...However, every single time I got ambushed by a couple of fiends my karma would shoot up to neutral or good pretty much no matter what. So once I figured this out I'd have to run from friends or Jackal gang members every single time I came into contact with them, which just got ridiculous.

Lakitu

st5fu
Kurtofan said:
Yep that's him no doubt.

The first time he put a collar on me, I let it slide. And we had a rough time together but I thought we put everything behind us when he initiated me into the BoS. If he's going to put another collar on me, he can go fuck himself. :p

Kurtofan

Lakitu said:
The first time he put a collar on me, I let it slide. And we had a rough time together but I thought we put everything behind us when he initiated me into the BoS. If he's going to put another collar on me, he can go fuck himself. :p
wait that's not the same person at all!
You're talking about Elder Mcnamara :p
Elijah was the previous elder who went AWOL and batshit insane searching for a lost treasure(zing!) to eradicate the NCR.
He doesn't actually appear in the main game.

Lakitu

st5fu
Kurtofan said:
wait that's not the same person at all!
You're talking about Elder Mcnamara :p
Elijah was the previous elder who went AWOL and batshit insane searching for a lost treasure(zing!) to eradicate the NCR.
He doesn't actually appear in the main game.

Oh shit, thanks for clearing that up. Now I remember!

Anyway, bottom line, I'm getting that loot :D

Circle T

I have a quick question for PC players. Can this game be played fully offline, or with a very minimal internet connection? Does the game need Steam to activate, and beyond that, once you've activated, does it need to "check in" at any point? A buddy of mine wants to buy this for his brother who is over in Iraq, but he basically only has dialup equivalent internet over there, or none at all. The game itself, obviously, has no online component, but will he be able to manage, what with DRM and all? Thanks.

Buckethead said:
Is this as fun as Fallout 3?

Funner! I just beat the game, and I was really happy with my time playing it. If I don't figure something else out to play coming up, I'll probably jump back in for a second playthrough to try things differently. But man, I really enjoyed what I did play.

I just have a feeling I'll miss Three Dog and all that awesomeness.

It's a massive undertaking playing these games, because I have to do everything. :\

Regarding Vault 34:

So I chose to save the people trapped in the Vault, dooming the Sharecropper Farms. Weird thing is, I expected to see them before leaving after the Quest Completed message appeared. Left the Vault, headed back to Vegas, and they were nowhere in sight. I thought it kind of strange. Did I miss them somewhere?

Massa

Buckethead said:
Is this as fun as Fallout 3?

I'm pretty apathetic about console gaming right now.

If you like exploring buildings and underground areas filled with insects, ghouls or super mutants, you'll like Fallout 3 more.

If you like exploring a world that actually has people in it and spend most of the time doing quests New Vegas is a much, much better game.

They are really two very different games.

Hrm. I think the 360 update not only erased my leveled up Rex, but in return made him much more powerful with less health... I'm not sure what happened, but I like it.

disappeared said:
Regarding Vault 34:

So I chose to save the people trapped in the Vault, dooming the Sharecropper Farms. Weird thing is, I expected to see them before leaving after the Quest Completed message appeared. Left the Vault, headed back to Vegas, and they were nowhere in sight. I thought it kind of strange. Did I miss them somewhere?

They're in one of the Aerotech suites which I think is southeast of the NCR sharecropper farms.

hemtae

disappeared said:
Regarding Vault 34:

I think they are at the tents in Aerotech

gdt

Crashed on me twice, on the way to Vault 22, which is fucking hard to get to with all those poison butterflies in the area.

I'll put that quest away for awhile, I'm clearly not strong enough to get there yet.

FrankT

afternoon delight said:
Hrm. I think the 360 update not only erased my leveled up Rex, but in return made him much more powerful with less health... I'm not sure what happened, but I like it.

All I know is he better work with me now. He pretty much just ran off and cowered until fights were done with.

Cheech

Third night of playing PC version 1.2 of this thing. Started a new game.

No major issues! I had one incident where the screen went black during VATS, but returned to normal after the mob was dead.

I am pleased. I'm getting close to the point where I was when the 360 version annihilated my saved games though.

Ledsen

Circle T said:
I have a quick question for PC players. Can this game be played fully offline, or with a very minimal internet connection? Does the game need Steam to activate, and beyond that, once you've activated, does it need to "check in" at any point? A buddy of mine wants to buy this for his brother who is over in Iraq, but he basically only has dialup equivalent internet over there, or none at all. The game itself, obviously, has no online component, but will he be able to manage, what with DRM and all? Thanks.

It's the same as all other Steam games (except UbiSofts crappy crap I guess). You have to go online to be able to install it, then download all the patches, then you can put Steam in offline mode and play it offline forever if you want to.

All I know is he better work with me now. He pretty much just ran off and cowered until fights were done with.
:lol He can never stop fighting for me. Cazadors in the far reaches of the mountains beckon him every time we're on a highway, and I have to kill all the ones he seems to pick fights with.

butsomuch

From the latest Bethesda newsletter
Dead Money Arrives on Xbox LIVE on Tuesday

fnv-dlc1-deadmoney-x360-fob.jpg

Just a reminder that Dead Money, the first downloadable content for Fallout: New Vegas, arrives exclusively on Xbox LIVE on Tuesday, December 21st.

Visit Bethesda Blog to check out the trailer, and below we've got a look at two previously unseen screenshots.

deadmoney-screen01B.jpg

deadmoney-screen02B.jpg

Do the controls on PC lock up from time to time for anyone else? Like i'll just be playing and all of a sudden my controls will either not respond or be massively delayed.

Circle T

Ledsen said:
It's the same as all other Steam games (except UbiSofts crappy crap I guess). You have to go online to be able to install it, then download all the patches, then you can put Steam in offline mode and play it offline forever if you want to.
Thanks. I'm not a PC player, so I wasn't sure of the whole process. Sounds like, aside from the updates and patches, his brother will be just fine with this game and the crappy internet connection he has available to him.

Hyunkel6

So, I'm thinking about doing a low intelligence unarmed/melee/explosives character for my 2nd playthrough. Any useful tips for such a build? What's the most effective way to deal with enemies that shoot you from afar?

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
I started my second walkthrough and decided to take a look at lands near Sloan. I know there are a lot of Deathclaws and I'm only level 2 but still.

First I discovered a road to Black Mountain - the location I haven't visited on my first walkthrough. Then I was able to sneak past Deathclaws using my stealth boy. And then voila! I'm in New Vegas working for McGraphs whom I wiped out on my first run. This game is full of win.

Nose Master

HiResDes said:
The thing that irritates me most about this game would probably be conceived as minutia to others...I can't stand how easy it is to receive good karma. I tried to make my third character as evil as possible, I named him Damien, and I was pretty just killing, lying, and cheating whoever I could...However, every single time I got ambushed by a couple of fiends my karma would shoot up to neutral or good pretty much no matter what. So once I figured this out I'd have to run from friends or Jackal gang members every single time I came into contact with them, which just got ridiculous.

Karma doesn't do anything in NV anyways. It's just faction rep, I don't even know why they left karma in there.

tokkun

Nose Master said:
Karma doesn't do anything in NV anyways. It's just faction rep, I don't even know why they left karma in there.

I believe your karma can cause some companions to leave if it gets low enough.

Nose Master said:

I have a feeling it was supposed to be more influential for followers but was toned down for time or design reasons. Cass still leaves you if your karma is bad but everyone else is a little bit more forgiving.

gdt

Got to Yes Man (who's the best character in the game, so fucking funny :lol ), and it's all in view.

Now to decide how I'm going to tackle all of this.

Top Bottom