• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout New Vegas |OT| Obsidian does what Bethesdon't

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
duckroll said:

there was a detailed list of what items a player shouldn't bring there and what he/she shouldn't to avoid game-breaking bugs (and so on) on the web. But thanks for help!

duckroll

subversus said:
there was a detailed list of what items a player shouldn't bring there and what he/she shouldn't to avoid game-breaking bugs (and so on) on the web. But thanks for help!

You can't bring anything into Dead Money.

duckroll

subversus said:
you can bring some items to the point where it starts and then it won't start.

Well, you might not want to bring anything to that point to begin with, otherwise, like you might end up like me, where I had a ton of shit when I came out of it which I didn't want to throw away, but I had shit I left there which I didn't want to throw away either.

"You cannot fast travel when overburdened."

:(

Massa

duckroll said:
Well, you might not want to bring anything to that point to begin with, otherwise, like you might end up like me, where I had a ton of shit when I came out of it which I didn't want to throw away, but I had shit I left there which I didn't want to throw away either.

Aren't you playing on PC? ;P

Double D

duckroll said:

Wow, this reminds me where I left off with Fallout 3. I bought Operation Anchorage and went into it with a full inventory. So, My last save is me in the middle of the wasteland, encumbered all to hell. I have the PC version and didn't even think to cheat.

Leckan

Actually there's a perk in NV that makes it possible to fast travel even when overburdened. Considering that you only get one every other level now though it's probably not the greatest idea to waste it on something which can be avoided with a little planning.

subversus

Love Obsidian.

Before departure to Sierra Madre I got annoyed by two kids chasing the giant rant in the Freeside, so I shot the rat. And then kids started eating it.

Love the mood of DLC.

Leckan said:
Actually there's a perk in NV that makes it possible to fast travel even when overburdened. Considering that you only get one every other level now though it's probably not the greatest idea to waste it on something which can be avoided with a little planning.

I get one every level, and it's amazing :p

Though I need to find a 2 perk per level mod that doesn't conflict with that since I got a "more perks" mod and they add like a bajillion more. My level cap is only 50, sheesh

Leckan

Lol the game is relatively easy enough as it is. Fallout 3 became a bore quite early due to how easy it became since you could virtually become a demi-god. I lose interest in games that get too easy but one man's meat is another man's poison I guess.

subversus

Damn, this DLC is delicious. The atmosphere, dialogue - all top-notch.

I think I must play Planescape Torment after that.

duckroll

rainking187 said:
I was actually surprised by the DLC, I don't recall it freezing even once, which was a huge difference from the main game.

I really liked Dead Money, but it crashed on me several times. I picked the DLC up after not playing NV for a few months, and with all the new patches and stuff, it felt more crashy (not unplayable though) than it did towards the end of my main NV playthrough. Kinda surprising.

It's about time! I need more well written DLC trying some new things after Dead Money. Seriously that was some great DLC, and much better than Operation Anchorage was.

duckroll

http://www.duckandcover.cx/forums/viewtopic.php?t=25132

IXfoG.jpg

XM6dp.jpg
NI5rt.jpg

ALMOST HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NBtoaster

Dead Money didn't really grasp me, I prefer large open spaces to explore (like Point Lookout). I might go back to finish it soon.

Those small shots above do give some indication that it's more what I prefer, so I may give it a shot.

Effect

duckroll said:
New Vegas ends like Fallout 1 and Fallout 2 end, with an epilogue which takes the choices you made throughout the game and gives you a rundown on what happens to every major location, faction, and party member well into the future. There is no room for continuing the game after the ending, not without creating very different versions of the game world to account for every single variation.

Ah I see.

So does the game prompt you to make an extra save before ending the game so can access future DLC? Or are you simply screwed if you don't do this yourself?

MechaX

Effect said:
Ah I see.

So does the game prompt you to make an extra save before ending the game so can access future DLC? Or are you simply screwed if you don't do this yourself?

I think the game does give you a pretty explicit "THIS IS THE POINT OF NO RETURN MAKE SURE YOU SAVE BEFORE SELECTING THIS OPTION", so you'll know it when you get there.

duckroll

Effect said:
Ah I see.

Yes. A huge pop-up appears on screen warning you that if you say YES to the next option you will enter endgame and be no longer able to complete any other quests or access the world map. It also recommends that you keep a save at this point before saying yes. It's very clear and unless the player is unable to read, or is blind, there is no way you can miss the warning.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I had the creepiest thing happen to me that no other game, whether RE, Silent Hill, etc made me all weird.

I was a little away from goodsprings and was getting mauled by giant radscorpions. So I ran into some shack and went to sleep in some bed for like an hour.
It was nearly totally dark in there so I looked around for whatever I can take and went for the exit. Next thing you know, I noticed Victor was standing there and apparently he's been standing there the whole time. I'm like WTH. The damn things been stalking me. I forgot what he said but it was something along the lines he was making sure I do not die or something. It's just creepy that he shows out of the blue looking all sinister in the dark all the way from where he usually stands in front of his own shack. And as soon as I questioned him he left.

Started up my first play through again last night. I tried a few months ago and just couldn't get into it for whatever reason and quit after a couple hours. Wasn't sure if I was still burnt out on Fallout 3 or what.

Definitely enjoying it more this time so far though.

nubbe

I started to play a few days ago and while F3 was easier to get into, I think NV is more entertaining a few hours in.

I like the more streamlined skill system and how items work. Even on normal it is a tad tougher than F3.

and Cass is totally my type of girl. Alcoholic with a bad mouth :p

I'm going to play this game as soon as I finish Dead Space 2. Are there any essential mods for the PC version? AI fixes, texture packs or anything like that? I tried to find some mods on New Vegas Nexus, but the site is a mess.

Tempted to pick this up now since it's dropped in price.

I guess my only question is, is it less repetitive than Fallout 3? Not necessarily the quests themselves, but stuff like subway terminals, enemies, loot, etc. Fallout 3 was great, but I felt like it became a bit of a grind after a while when everything started feeling the same. Created an odd atmosphere that I'm not sure I want to revisit. Loved the actual game, though.

hemtae

brotkasten said:
I'm going to play this game as soon as I finish Dead Space 2. Are there any essential mods for the PC version? AI fixes, texture packs or anything like that? I tried to find some mods on New Vegas Nexus, but the site is a mess.

Project Nevada, Enhanced Shaders, and Nevada Skies come to mind

OnlyWonderBoy

Neo Member
I think I like this game more than Fallout 3, but man the bugs are annoying. I haven't really ran into any game crippling issues (my most annoying bug was having my fame reset) but still it's a pain. I was just about the recruit the Great Khans for For the Republic, but for whatever reason one of the main guys is hostile towards me even though I'm cool with them. Looks like slaughtering them is my only opinion.

hemtae

OnlyWonderBoy said:
I think I like this game more than Fallout 3, but man the bugs are annoying. I haven't really ran into any game crippling issues (my most annoying bug was having my fame reset) but still it's a pain. I was just about the recruit the Great Khans for For the Republic, but for whatever reason one of the main guys is hostile towards me even though I'm cool with them. Looks like slaughtering them is my only opinion.

Do you have Boone with you? Because
I think the guy in the cave near bitter springs will always be hostile towards you if you have boone with you

CyReN

Sold it a little while back, they have to release dlc a little quicker then Fallout 3 had. Will rent when there are a few out.

OnlyWonderBoy

Neo Member
hemtae said:
Do you have Boone with you? Because
I think the guy in the cave near bitter springs will always be hostile towards you if you have boone with you
Nope, I'm rolling with ED-E and Veronica, so I have no idea what the issue is, but I kind of expect random things like that from this game. I actually think I was friendly with them until the fame reset glitch.

woahjeez said:
You guys are a bit harsh on the amount of bugs in this game. Do you have any idea how difficult it is to QA a game of this scope?

There are still some pretty big bugs in the game that have not been fixed. It's been almost 6 months since release, so they probably never will be.

Top Bottom