• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout New Vegas |OT| Obsidian does what Bethesdon't

JDSN

Banned
I sent Boone to the Lucky 38 and now he is nowhere to be found, im pretty sure an NCR soldier so I dont think he abandoned me, any way to get him back?

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Okay. So my DLC contents won't show up whenever I boot the game. I tried uninstalling all DLC and re downloading them but same thing happens. Any idea what I can do? Been waiting like over a month to play this game because of this and now it's like the same crap still. PS3 version btw.

-BLITZ-

Use fast travel; play and kill for couple of minutes; load a previews safe (not the last one); try a new game and see if they load. It has to take only 5 seconds after you start playing. My headquarters is in Novac and when I exist from my room I got their radio messages at the door - PC version

New video footage and concept art for Old World Blues is out in the wild thanks to the latest episode of Qore!

Concept Art: *

Interview (with Avellone *girlscream*): *

Looks fucking crazy and completely amazing!

Robot scorpions!

InertiaXr

Does anybody know why I am walking as though I am full on inventory? I only have 123/190 of my weight limit taken up, I can fast travel fine, going in and out of crouch doesn't seem to fix it (I'm moving standing up as though I am crouched), and I can sprint just fine.

Edit: Nevermind, I figured it out myself. Didn't even know there was a run/walk button in here besides crouching...

man everyone is talking and playing DLC, I've spent 80+ hours in vanilla and I still think I have another 80+ to explore. Glad to see Obsidian get the big hit they deserve

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Bought Honest Hearts. Hopefully it works. I've tried every single thing I can think of to get DM to work again. But some things are meant to be.

OMG, I literally have the most bugged game. So none of the DLC actually shows up as a quest or in the menu screen as downloadable content but for some reason, my level cap is higher. It's the only thing I'm receiving from these updates. None of the weapons and items I got from DM is with me (I miss my Vera dress, holo rifle and all those gold bars :( bummer) and I can't start Honest Hearts for obvious reasons but my level cap is higher. Weird.

I'd be more pissed off If I haven't beaten DM already. So basically I'm paying $20 for 10 extra levels.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Dead Money is the best piece of dlc I've ever played. Once you get into the spoiler, it essentially becomes a 50s version of System Shock 2 with emphasis on hacking, vending machines, and the option for stealth. Very challenging too, even for my combat-oriented level 30 character. To be fair though, I was playing on Very Hard - Hardcore....the only way to play New Vegas.

Did Honest Hearts too, but I did it the wrong way. Got ambushed, fought off everyone, got the map, and went straight back to the Wasteland. In and out. It just didn't click with me like DM did. Kind of a waste of money for me to not explore it, but I like to live my decisions in RPGs, even the crappy ones I made in the heat of the moment.

Audioboxer

Just found out about the White Glove Society's dark side, and completed the quest. Loved it :p

I wasn't that impressed with New Vegas to start out with, but as I've gone deeper into it, I believe I am enjoying it more than Fallout 3. Some of the quests are definitely of a higher calibre.

Just found out about the White Glove Society's dark side, and completed the quest. Loved it :p

I wasn't that impressed with New Vegas to start out with, but as I've gone deeper into it, I believe I am enjoying it more than Fallout 3. Some of the quests are definitely of a higher calibre.
Beyond the Beef is my favorite quest in the game. The amount of ways to go about it and just finding out just what is Beyond the Beef is amazing. Wild Wasteland spoilers
if you have a humanoid companion with you, you can feed them to the White Gloves instead of Heck Gundersons son or that St. James guy. I fed Arcade Gannon to them and was dying from laughter. That's what he gets for being such a closed person.
Oh yeah, Mortimers voice actor is Mike Novick from 24. I got a kick out of hearing him in New Vegas.

Darkshier said:
Beyond the Beef is my favorite quest in the game. The amount of ways to go about it and just finding out just what is Beyond the Beef is amazing. Wild Wasteland spoilers
if you have a humanoid companion with you, you can feed them to the White Gloves instead of Heck Gundersons son or that St. James guy. I fed Arcade Gannon to them and was dying from laughter. That's what he gets for being such a closed person.
Oh yeah, Mortimers voice actor is Mike Novick from 24. I got a kick out of hearing him in New Vegas.

You can do that without wild wasteland.

I would really love to get this game now that I can find it for 20 bucks, but when will obsidian finally de-bug their game so I can play it without problems? The main issue I keep reading about is glitches. Everything else seems great.

Audioboxer

Darkshier said:

Sadly I seemed to kind of stumble into and through Beyond the Beef. Picklocked my way to the kitchen not knowing what to expect, in the process cutting out chunks of the quest. What I played I enjoyed, and I completed the quest, but reading about it now on wiki, I kind of took shortcuts and missed out on the full thing :p

Aklamarth said:
Are these asshats going to release another patch ? I can't believe the PS3 version still crashes after 5 patches.

It's not crashed on me, just some annoying/weird in-game glitches from the usual characters behaving weird, conversations missing to sound glitching in the game and disappearing from hacking menus.

Razorskin

----- ------
Started playing again and can't upgrade one of the ranger stations, I have a "Wild Child" reputation with the NCR and even through I wear NCR amour they attack me once I get close to them.

Razorskin said:
Started playing again and can't upgrade one of the ranger stations, I have a "Wild Child" reputation with the NCR and even through I wear NCR amour they attack me once I get close to them.
You need to boost your NCR rep through other means in order to continue the quest. Go to the NCR ambassador on the Strip and have him forgive you off all your crimes against the NCR.

Audioboxer

I heard that when you give ED-E over for an upgrade you lose everything in it's inventory. Is this still true for the up to date patches?

Razorskin

----- ------
Darkshier said:
You need to boost your NCR rep through other means in order to continue the quest. Go to the NCR ambassador on the Strip and have him forgive you off all your crimes against the NCR.

Can't find the ambassador and when I enter the buildings they attack me. even though I'm wearing NCR armour yet again.

hemtae

Razorskin said:
Can't find the ambassador and when I enter the buildings they attack me. even though I'm wearing NCR armour yet again.

Go to the Lucky 38 and meet with Mr. House. After that, a trooper should give you an invitation to meet the ambassador

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
Razorskin said:
I killed house and I've met the ambassador before.
How about dont do shit against the NCR enough where they will want to kill you on sight? You could always try that.

This isnt Fallout 3 or Oblivion.. you cant do everything for everybody.

BIONIC-ARRRMMM!! said:
So, do you guys think they're releasing a GOTY version of this?
Also, is the PS3 version playable? (PC/360 is not an option)
Thanks guys.

It's Bethesda, of course there will be a GotY version, but not until the remaining 2 DLCs are released at least.

As far as the PS3 version goes, playable depends on your threshold for bugginess and crashes. I've not really encountered any game breaking bugs, just a lot of sound ones (sound effects dropping out and not coming back, songs on the strip playing twice over slightly out of sync, sometimes sound files being delayed from the action) although nothing's been permanent and goes away if I reboot. Other than that, the occasional crash but I save often so it doesn't set me back too much.

Die Squirrel Die said:
It's Bethesda, of course there will be a GotY version, but not until the remaining 2 DLCs are released at least.

As far as the PS3 version goes, playable depends on your threshold for bugginess and crashes. I've not really encountered any game breaking bugs, just a lot of sound ones (sound effects dropping out and not coming back, songs on the strip playing twice over slightly out of sync, sometimes sound files being delayed from the action) although nothing's been permanent and goes away if I reboot. Other than that, the occasional crash but I save often so it doesn't set me back too much.

Hopefully they'll release one by year's end, I played the PC version at a friend's house and I thought it was pretty good, plus the hype on GAF is hard to not notice.

Razorskin

----- ------
water_wendi said:
How about dont do shit against the NCR enough where they will want to kill you on sight? You could always try that.

This isnt Fallout 3 or Oblivion.. you cant do everything for everybody.

Alright, once I kill Caesar I guess I'll have to hang with the Khans.

Plasmid

So, in dead money they added some hints toward ulysses etc, were there any in honest hearts?

Also, achievement hunter said that the dlc comes out this week, but i doubt that's right.

hemtae

Plasmid said:
So, in dead money they added some hints toward ulysses etc, were there any in honest hearts?

Also, achievement hunter said that the dlc comes out this week, but i doubt that's right.

yeah, there was mention of him
The Burned Man mentions that you aren't the courier that he was expecting

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
Razorskin said:
Alright, once I kill Caesar I guess I'll have to hang with the Khans.
As the game gets towards the end its much harder to stay neutral.

i was rereading my previous post and it seems kind of confrontational. i didnt mean it to come across like that so i apologize.

Razorskin

----- ------
water_wendi said:
As the game gets towards the end its much harder to stay neutral.

i was rereading my previous post and it seems kind of confrontational. i didnt mean it to come across like that so i apologize.

It's all right, I suppose the game lends itself for multiple playthroughs.

I knew about the reputation system I just thought that since I wasn't vilified I could attempt to maybe complete more of their quests.

zerotol

Banned
I thought that glitch / bug where your character lifts their arms up high while holding a weapon and it blocks most of the screen was fixed? I've been playing though Fallout NV again and it seems to happen a lot.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
xbhaskarx said:
I'm thinking of getting this on Xbox Games on Demand because I hate discs... have most of the glitches been fixed at this point?
i havent had any major issues to begin with. This last playthrough ive been fooling around with ive had zero crashes (my original run i had a handful or so over 70 hours). This is for PC though.

duckroll

xbhaskarx said:
I'm thinking of getting this on Xbox Games on Demand because I hate discs... have most of the glitches been fixed at this point?

If you haven't gotten the game yet, and you're still concerned about getting the best possible official version of the game, you might want to wait a few more months. There are two more DLCs planned for June and July, and they're still patching the game substantially before each DLC release.

At this point, I think for those who haven't jumped in yet, it might be best to wait for the GOTY edition (do they release those for On-Demand?) which will be a) cheaper, b) have all the content, c) be patched to the best of their ability by then, since I doubt there will be many more patches coming out once Obsidian is done working on new content for the game.

Just a thought.

Stoffinator

BIONIC-ARRRMMM!! said:
So, do you guys think they're releasing a GOTY version of this?
Also, is the PS3 version playable? (PC/360 is not an option)
Thanks guys.

PS3 version is no worse or better than the other versions. Well, at least console versions. PC is probably patched better.

Assuming there are just the four DLCs this time, there's not really a whole lot of point for waiting on the GOTY edition. Unless you'll also wait for it to drop in price.

The game itself can be had for $20, the DLCs add up to $40. Pretty much what the GoTY Edition would cost.

Audioboxer

Talk about bad luck since saying the game hasn't locked up on me, I've had 3 freezes since. Always happens when transitioning to another area, never in open play. Game locks up, music continues to play and I can't access the XMB. Need to power the system off/on.

I3rand0

Talk about bad luck since saying the game hasn't locked up on me, I've had 3 freezes since. Always happens when transitioning to another area, never in open play. Game locks up, music continues to play and I can't access the XMB. Need to power the system off/on.
Try clearing your cache. Hold L2 + R2 + square when your game is booting up after the trophy loading.

Massa

HadesGigas said:
Assuming there are just the four DLCs this time, there's not really a whole lot of point for waiting on the GOTY edition. Unless you'll also wait for it to drop in price.

The game itself can be had for $20, the DLCs add up to $40. Pretty much what the GoTY Edition would cost.

Yep. Once the first DLC was announced as Xbox 360 exclusive I decided to sell my copy after I was done with it to rebuy the GOTY edition later, but with the game price dropping so fast and only 4 packs being developed I rebought it on eBay ($13).

Besides, if the GOTY edition actually gets released and is anything like Fallout 3 I'd rather have the vanilla game with the add-ons as optionals (DLC).

Audioboxer

I3rand0 said:
Try clearing your cache. Hold L2 + R2 + square when your game is booting up after the trophy loading.

Thanks, tried that, nothing popped up to say anything was done. I also just experienced another lock up, this time in open play :/

So, do we have any news on a release date for Old World Blues? HH was released on the 17th last month, and here we are a month later with no news.

Top Bottom