• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout New Vegas |OT| Obsidian does what Bethesdon't

Between that and getting the DLC through the Steam sale, it's time to see how badly messed up my mods are... Not really looking forward to that.

Gvaz

Banned
- New feature: system save is automatically created prior to endgame sequence. After credits, user is prompted to load save game. This will allow single save players to play DLC without creating a new game.

Yessss this works just fine.

hemtae

Edvardelis said:
Between that and getting the DLC through the Steam sale, it's time to see how badly messed up my mods are... Not really looking forward to that.

nvse is probably going to not work which will miss up some mods for a short while

broham

Welp, now most of my mods don't work. Now to wait for NVSE to get updated.
I really should've seen this coming and disabled auto updating on steam. Oh well.

duckroll

Old World Blues trophies/achievements:

Cardiac Arrest!
- Recovered X-13 cardiac regulator sneaky suit!

Making Friends
- Reactivated all of the Sink's robotic assistance.

Make up your mind
- Made up your mind...about your brian.

Outsmarted
- Completed Old World Blues

Spinal-Tapped!
- Recovered X-8 vertebrae-pulse-de-sensitizer frequency!

Jokeropia said:

http://www.formspring.me/JESawyer/q/212975692055350720

"That entry is a bit misleading. It will repair the weapon to 99.9% CND. The problem is that the engine treats 100% CND weapons in weird ways and it can cause bugs. Since weapons max out in effectiveness long before you reach 100%, the loss for the player is extremely small."

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
Futurevoid said:
I just picked this up for the PC and downloaded it through Steam. The game runs at a full 60fps for me on my rig but there's some really bad micro-stuttering going on.

My specs:

i5 2500k @4.4ghz
Nvidia GTX 580 1.5GB
8GB 1600 RAM
Windows 7 64bit

I've tried disabling D3DOverrider and vsync to make sure it wasn't anything goofy on that front. Completely removed anistropic filters and multisampling and I still get the stuttering all over the place. I tried using the dll performance fix and that didn't make much of a difference either. It seems to be much worse indoors, too. Anyone else experiencing this or have a fix?

EDIT: Just tried the 4GB fix and got the same issue.:(

EDIT2: THANK GOD. I did a search in the thread and found the scripting extender and the NVSE stutter fix. Installed both and it's running SMOOOOOOOOTH. Hopefully this new patch doesn't break the fix.

Can you please pm me where you got that fix?

new vegas could've used another 6 months in the hopper, either that or obsidian is much more thorough in fixing all the issues.

i dont remember more than 20 things fixed in all 7? fallout 3 patches from bethesda

Wallach

StopMakingSense said:
What was wrong with the spread on the 12ga. shotguns?

Wasn't actually shotguns, it was any ammo that claimed to reduce spread (like 12ga slugs). Instead of actually reducing potential spread, it reduced your down-sights "wobble" because it pointed to an incorrect variable in GECK (most of the perk or item related bugs are for this reason).

ZombieSupaStar said:
new vegas could've used another 6 months in the hopper, either that or obsidian is much more thorough in fixing all the issues.

i dont remember more than 20 things fixed in all 7? fallout 3 patches from bethesda

It's more of a patch note discrepancy. Bethesda didn't really ship inclusive patch notes, they usually only printed notables.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Lakitu said:
So there's no fix to return missing companions back to you? E-DE has been missing for yonks now. I can't find it anywhere.

If you're dying to get past it, do the Dead Money DLC - it forcibly removes ol ED-E.

Mooreberg

is sharpening a shovel and digging a ditch
I am four hours into this, finally got to the motel that lets me store some of my items. Should I be worried about the
"Come Fly With Me"
or has it been fixed up in the months since the game was released? I've read a number of horror stories regarding that mission in particular causing problems and corrupted save files.

Wallach

Gravijah said:
How it's written is really confusing.

There are terminals at Gun Runners and Lucky 38 that when accessed give you the option to force dismiss all current companions. If ED-E is gone but still considered in your party, using one should send him back to your "home" location and remove him regardless of where he is.

Gravijah

Wallach said:
There are terminals at Gun Runners and Lucky 38 that when accessed give you the option to force dismiss all current companions. If ED-E is gone but still considered in your party, using one should send him back to your "home" location and remove him regardless of where he is.

Yeah, but companions that died randomly for no reason have no way to restore them, right? I'm pretty sure that's what happened to Lakitu.

Wallach

Gravijah said:
Yeah, but companions that died randomly for no reason have no way to restore them, right? I'm pretty sure that's what happened to Lakitu.

I don't know the specifics of his situation. There's this:

patch notes said:
Script fix to restore destroyed ED-E. This should address issues players have with attempting to use certain companions (e.g. Rex) or when the player needs to clear his or her companions before entering an area (e.g. Zion / Honest Hearts).

The thing that annoyed me about ED-E was the buzzing noise it made as it moved. Really got on my nerves during long treks, and in the end I left ED-E in Primm and didn't go back for it after finishing Dead Money.

Also, Boone in my game got killed early on by some ultra-powerful (at that point, at least) Legion guys that spawned in the south-eastern part of the map, and started running around killing anything that moved. Didn't have the chance to talk to him, let alone recruit him.

-Motor-Runner Helmet now properly 0 weight. Also removed after quest completes.
-Cazador Poison Effect sound no longer plays globally if someone, somewhere gets stung. Only plays if the player is hit.

Lol, it's about time those were fixed. I can't believe I haven't played since the weapons balance patch. Now it's time to roll a new character.

Wallach

Word of warning if you are at the level cap if you're on the PS3 version, it looks like they may have broke it on accident (probably preparing for OWB) because people are reporting getting experience gain again on level 40 characters. One user is saying they are currently leveling beyond 45 as well. Not sure what kind of effects this might have on your save file when they get around to fixing this, so proceed with caution on that platform (not able to confirm on the PC version, no reports of this yet).

Edit - I can confirm now that this does not affect the PC version.

Gravijah said:
How it's written is really confusing.

It sure is:

- New “Companion Dismissal Terminals” added to Gun Runners and Lucky 38. These will allow players with lost companions from earlier patches to force-fire if they are experiencing problems attempting to get into DLC or areas that prevent companions from entering.

So if one of your companions is missing, can you use this to force them to be "dismissed" and then meet up with them at their starting position or the Lucky 38?

Wallach

That's the idea, yeah.

Hit the Deck being +25 DT is so much better. The general "vs weapon" DT fix is a gain or a loss depending on how you were playing.

duckroll

Wallach said:
Word of warning if you are at the level cap if you're on the PS3 version, it looks like they may have broke it on accident (probably preparing for OWB) because people are reporting getting experience gain again on level 40 characters. One user is saying they are currently leveling beyond 45 as well. Not sure what kind of effects this might have on your save file when they get around to fixing this, so proceed with caution on that platform (not able to confirm on the PC version, no reports of this yet).

Edit - I can confirm now that this does not affect the PC version.

Ooooh shit Obsidian! Lol. :(

Good thing it doesn't affect the PC version though.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Wow. I was just about to post that. I just dled the patch. Played my game and noticed I was gaining EXP from killing enemies even though I already hit the highest peak of level 40. Of course I was like wtf.
80bJp.jpg

I wonder what the level cap is now. I'm going to grind to see how high it will go.

One thing I noticed so far is that the game is much more smooooooooth. Hopefully no more framerate drops. Those were my biggest headaches next to the random freezes.

KarmaCow

I picked up Dead Money and Honest Hearts but I'm not sure when to jump into them. I've been kinda wandering around and just reached Camp McCarran. Is the DLC end game stuff, I don't want to get weapons and armour that completely outclasses stuff I could find later.

Also, can I just dismiss companions and find them again before reaching New Vegas? I have Boone but I just met Raul and want to mix it up.

KarmaCow said:
I picked up Dead Money and Honest Hearts but I'm not sure when to jump into them. I've been kinda wandering around and just reached Camp McCarran. Is the DLC end game stuff, I don't want to get weapons and armour that completely outclasses stuff I could find later.

Also, can I just dismiss companions and find them again before reaching New Vegas? I have Boone but I just met Raul and want to mix it up.

You can jump into them pretty much anytime. It's been said in this thread that the recommended level for Dead Money is 20+, and Honest Hearts scales to your level so you can hang at any level.

Chronologically, I think the DLCs all fall into somewhere before the end of the main quest, and they are all self-contained stories pretty much.

No point in worrying about getting weapons too strong, it's going to happen eventually no matter how you play, and the game is balanced enough that you will get to use pretty much all the weapons due to ammo limitations and such. You should be more worried about becoming a death god and cutting through all of the enemies like a hot knife through butter, if it's difficulty you're worried about.

Labadal

KarmaCow said:

You can send go your separate ways with Boon and then ask him to join another time.

Just picked this up at Best Buy for 10 bucks. Was not a fan of Fallout 3, but I've been told by just about everyone that New Vegas would be more to my liking. Mayyyy be able to delve into this a bit today and hope it is as awesome as I hope.

KarmaCow

Lionheart1337 said:
You can jump into them pretty much anytime. It's been said in this thread that the recommended level for Dead Money is 20+, and Honest Hearts scales to your level so you can hang at any level.

Chronologically, I think the DLCs all fall into somewhere before the end of the main quest, and they are all self-contained stories pretty much.

No point in worrying about getting weapons too strong, it's going to happen eventually no matter how you play, and the game is balanced enough that you will get to use pretty much all the weapons due to ammo limitations and such. You should be more worried about becoming a death god and cutting through all of the enemies like a hot knife through butter, if it's difficulty you're worried about.

Well so far in the 20 hours I've played, I've used only a 9mm Pistol and the That Gun from Novac. I do have tons of different ammo, but I have ~300 .556 rounds for the That Gun at the moment. I just don't want to find a gun in the DLC and use that till the end game.

As for difficulty, other than a few Deathclaws it's been a cakewalk unfortunately. I've opted to just walk around avoiding combat when I can but when something aggros, I just let my companions destroy everything.

Might just save the DLC for the end game then.

Labadal said:
You can send go your separate ways with Boon and then ask him to join another time.

But does he go back to Novac or do I need to find him later in New Vegas? As for Raul, I'm not sure where he would go if I dismissed him before going to Vegas.

Erethian

KarmaCow said:
But does he go back to Novac or do I need to find him later in New Vegas? As for Raul, I'm not sure where he would go if I dismissed him before going to Vegas.

Until you get access the Lucky 38, dismissing your companions will send them to their home location.

For Boone that's Novac, for Raul it's his shack.

KarmaCow

Erethian said:
Until you get access the Lucky 38, dismissing your companions will send them to their home location.

For Boone that's Novac, for Raul it's his shack.

Ah okay, kinda weird that Raul goes back there but I guess it makes gameplay sense.

Erethian

KarmaCow said:
Ah okay, kinda weird that Raul goes back there but I guess it makes gameplay sense.

Just to clarify,
I don't mean the shack you find him in on Black Mountain.

There's a place you can find that's literally called 'Raul's Shack'.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Yep. PS3 patch lets you level up to 50. Don't even have to buy the rest of the DLCs. LOL.

I finished Honest Hearts and I don't think it's better than Dead Money. Not even half as interesting story wise.

Sanchito

Thank Christ the new patch is up for the 360. I had that stupid glitch where Arcade Gannon wouldn't follow me even if I had no one following me. I tried everything from sending everyone back to where I picked them up.. picked the up again.. left the Lucky 38, came back.. you name it. I was finally able to do his side quest. Telsa Remnant Armor get!

B-Dex

Are explosives viable as a main weapon? I started a new game and was just fooling around. Managed to take over the town with the powder gangers just by tossing dynamite at people.

Top Bottom