• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout New Vegas |OT| Obsidian does what Bethesdon't

Wallach

Snuggler said:
I would be fine with a 2.5 out of 3 I guess

Metacritic needs to be over 87 or I'm sending it back

Fallout 2 has an average of 86 on Metacritic.

What garbage, BRB deleting that game from my hard drive and my brain.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Snuggler said:
I would be fine with a 2.5 out of 3 I guess

Metacritic needs to be over 87 or I'm sending it back

87 is the score Heavy Rain has on Metacritic. I therefore propose that 87s on Metacritic are worthless.

I have such a backlog of games, but I loved FO3 too much to not play it on release. Release day shipping from Amazon is the best thing ever.

2.5 hours impressions:

+ Music seems a lot better than FO3 so far; voicework is great, everyone sounds distinctive.
+ Little additions like being shunned or idolized is cool; game starts off fast.
+ World map and number of quests already seems as expansive as Fallout 3.

- Like Fallout 3, game seems a little janky (character movement in particular).

Unless there's some real game-breaking glitches, I can see this being as addictive as FO3. Honestly, if you liked Fallout 3 - you're going to like New Vegas. I know that's not saying much but yeah there it is. Also, the story seems cool so far.

If there's anything you guys wanna know, I'll check.

Again another strangely written and brevity focused 'amateur' review.

I don't know what it is with these dudes, but I'm close to doing a mass mail out 'The Element of Style'. It's not a perfect guide, but it should be legally required reading for these gaming bloggers.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
HK-47 said:
87 is the score Heavy Rain has on Metacritic. I therefore propose that 87s on Metacritic are worthless.

Yeah, it's easily a 95 or so.

Anyways, I look forward to waking up tomorrow and finding this game waiting for me. The UPS guy better not fuck this up.

Marvie_3

Banned
DevelopmentArrested said:
voicework is great, everyone sounds distinctive.
Glad to hear this. One of the things I hated most about Fallout 3 was the voice acting. Got sick of there only being about 5 different voices throughout the whole game.

Marvie_3 said:
Glad to hear this. One of the things I hated most about Fallout 3 was the voice acting. Got sick of there only being about 5 different voices throughout the whole game.

Fallout 3 had three more voice actors than Oblivion.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
i hope this game breaks Josh Sawyers curse. Every game he has worked lead on seems to have had some kind of disaster or calamity with it. Icewind Dale 2.. implementing the D&D3 rules in IE. Gauntlet: Seven Sorrows.. he tried to take Gauntlet into a new direction but Midway fucked it up and he ended up leaving the company. NWN2.. taking over at 90% completion taking all the blame where Ferret (the one that came up with the ridiculous shitty premise.. silver sword exploded and a shard in your chest) just bounced the fuck out to work at Bioware.

The guy has some great design ideas but things seem to go awry. Hopefully New Vegas changes that.

sdornan

I have an idea to create a joke website of nothing but one-sentence reviews plus a score. Would be hilarious if game publishers sent me review copies. There would also be lots of "Review coming tonight! Get hyped!" hype buildup posts, which ultimately leads to...

"Fallout: New Vegas - A lot like Fallout 3 and really good. 9.3/10"

"Bioshock 2 - Not as good as Bioshock 1. 7.8/10"

sdornan said:
I have an idea to create a joke website of nothing but one-sentence reviews plus a score. Would be hilarious if game publishers sent me review copies. There would also be lots of "Review coming tonight! Get hyped!" hype buildup posts, which ultimately leads to...

"Fallout: New Vegas - A lot like Fallout 3 and really good. 9.3/10"

"Bioshock 2 - Not as good as Bioshock 1. 7.8/10"

Write the reviews without playing them too. 99% of reviews are written off hype anyways so it'd be all good

GB review up 4/5

Fallout: New Vegas somehow manages to have even more technical problems than Fallout 3 did, but its great characters and setting still shine through.

shwimpy

bucknuticus said:
GB review up 4/5

Fallout: New Vegas somehow manages to have even more technical problems than Fallout 3 did
, but its great characters and setting still shine through.

grrrrrrrrrrrr

Top Bottom