• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout New Vegas |OT| Obsidian does what Bethesdon't

HixxSAFC said:
Hmm.. expected the game to be somewhat buggy but some of the reviews make it sound worse than I imagined. Might go with the PC version for user-made fixes etc then...

Time to see how much this is on Steam I guess.

I'm thinking the same thing, but I'm still on the fence. All the reviews are for the 360 version, and if I were to go console it would be PS3.

Wallach said:
Very early game spoilers:

When you finish the tutorial part, right after making the healing powder, there's a guy near the Goodsprings Source that tells you his girl is trapped on the ridge by some geckos. When you get to the top and clear them out, you just find some corpses and a stash along with some other stuffs (WW).

After that, if you head back down the path the guy will run up to you and reveal it was basically a scam to get you to kill everything so he could take the stash for himself. At this point, if I triggered that conversation it would auto-fail the quest follow up for the tutorial mission (where it tells you to talk to Trudy). I played through this part twice so I know this isn't supposed to happen (besides it being pretty obvious).

Luckily I had a quick save up near the stash, so as a work around I fast traveled from there back to Goodsprings, finished the quest follow up by talking to Trudy, then went back to trigger his script where he tries to kill you.

I did the very same thing but I didn't get any failed quest.

zlatko

Banned
:( I only have 40 dollars to my name for spending money at the moment. I'll have to wait a while to play this. I'm only 10 dollars shy for the PC version. Trying to sell a game in Buy/Sell/Trade thread, but no bites.

It's times like these I say....FML.

valeo

water_wendi said:
They looked very similar to GTA3 to me. If you took screenshots from between the three games and someone who did not know of the three games being different saw them i would say there is a good chance they would be tagged as being from the same game. Most games that come out within a single generation tend to use the same engine. Not every game, but a good portion of them.

Sure, but Fallout 3's engine was shit to begin with so not fixing it at all and shipping a game 2 years later with the same buggy problems is pretty annoying.

So, I'm getting the 360 version. Is it, at the moment, as buggy or buggier than Fallout 3 was at launch? Because I could live with the former.

styl3s

I was up all night playing and i have to say it's now my favorite game of this gen, are the graphics amazing? no, do i care? no, i care about gameplay and that is there, im digging the storylines and the exploration, people sure do bitch alot about graphics and it makes me laugh but then again i am a gamer who just cares about having fun.

I would put more time in it but sadly i have surgery in an hour and a half, if you loved FO3 you will love this game, if you aren't a graphics whore you will love this game, also i noticed alot of people in reviews are saying it's buggy/glitchy, i have yet to run into a glitch but then again alot of people complained about bugs/glitches in FO3 and in the 100+ hours i spent in that game i only came across one glitch that i noticed and it was in the alien DLC, there was performance issues in both vegas and FO3 i have noticed but i wouldn't exactly call those bugs/glitches.

anyways from what i have played it is easily 5/5

hmm.. hardcore modes hunger/thirst/sleep is negated by quick travel, drinking fountains/toilets and doctor visits.. which leaves the slow regenerating stimpacks I guess. This mode seems to be mostly a gimmick. The game is as easy as ever on very hard.. same as Fallout 3.

styl3s

i-Lo said:
Help me understand this: How does weapon systems evolve in 3 years (after Fallout 3) to acquire guns from future (such as variants of 9mm Colt SSP, M16 carbine etc) in an America has is almost frozen in time?

Well it still feature the same refrigerators, aid boxes, safes and foot lockers

:lol
Really? out of all the unbelievable stuff in the game THIS is what you nit pick? REALLY? it's a video game.. don't question stupid stuff like tihs.

Also how do you know those weapons didn't exist in the FO3 universe? you only played in DC and if FO3 takes place in the FO universe those guns do exist.. giant mutants, aliens, thousand foot tall robots, laser guns and you question a colt and m16? i don't even..

The Chef

zlatko said:
:( I only have 40 dollars to my name for spending money at the moment. I'll have to wait a while to play this. I'm only 10 dollars shy for the PC version. Trying to sell a game in Buy/Sell/Trade thread, but no bites.

It's times like these I say....FML.

I feel ya man.

Macstorm

Mr. Pointy said:
So, I'm getting the 360 version. Is it, at the moment, as buggy or buggier than Fallout 3 was at launch? Because I could live with the former.
It is no buggier than Fallout 3 was on 360. Anyone saying otherwise clearly doesn't remember Fallout 3.

Arrgghh. My Blockbuster has a ton of copies...but they are closed till flooding, they hope to be open between 2PM at the earliest and 5PM at the latest.:lol

Damnit, I'm not paying full price (or even 15 off with credit) for an Obsidian game!

styl3s said:
I was up all night playing and i have to say it's now my favorite game of this gen, are the graphics amazing? no, do i care? no, i care about gameplay and that is there, im digging the storylines and the exploration, people sure do bitch alot about graphics and it makes me laugh but then again i am a gamer who just cares about having fun.

...etc. etc...
Just curious, which version are you playing?

Brinbe

Jesus, hurry the fuck up, Amazon order! :lol

Can't keep reading impressions on here and potentially spoiling myself (I've avoided as much as possible, no streams or anything). I need this freakin game in mah life already.

mjc

One of my shadier friends has put 20 or so hours on so far and he hasn't experienced any game destroying bugs as of yet. He seems to be a lucky one.

styl3s

DidntKnowJack said:
Just curious, which version are you playing?

Macstorm said:
It is no buggier than Fallout 3 was on 360. Anyone saying otherwise clearly doesn't remember Fallout 3.
Like i said before i have clocked well over 100 hours in FO3 on the 360 and have yet to run into these bugs/glitches, i even replayed it 2 weeks ago to get pumped up for vegas and only ran into 1 glitch and it was in the alien DLC, i ran into quite a few performance issues but those aren't glitches or bugs.

It's funny that people slate the graphics, yet i find it to be the most atmospheric game, and totally immersive, i dunno it almost like the ''not amazing'' graphics help this, put it this way, it's the greatest creation of post nuclear war in gaming that i've ever come across.

aku08

avcables said:
FalloutNV%202010-10-19%2009-24-28-60.jpg

At least they agree that Indiana Jones would've never made it.

can you pick up his fedora and wear it???

Varna

Hm... I'm seeing strange white spots every now and then. Almost like artifacts... but this game is not stressing my system one bit. Everything it's running extremely cool. Anyone have a similar issue?

LALILULELO

Neo Member
Loving the game to bits..especially the survival aspect makes it a lot of fun but goddamn those crashes!
Within 20 minutes the game has frozen 4 times, 2 times repeatedly when fixing my armor.
Playing on PS3 btw.

is anyone else lagging when they swap weapons?; also my 360 is sounding like it's a jet engine even with a new elite and the game installed.

that said, can't wait to play again after work.

avcables

Banned
aku08 said:
can you pick up his fedora and wear it???

Absolutely:

FalloutNV%202010-10-19%2011-45-05-95.jpg

I couldn't capture it but there were some graphical glitches in these windows:

FalloutNV%202010-10-19%2011-33-21-17.jpg

This guy works 24/7:

FalloutNV%202010-10-19%2011-33-29-20.jpg

And this guy stands on a bar stool occasionally:

FalloutNV%202010-10-19%2011-38-15-03.jpg

FalloutNV%202010-10-19%2011-38-18-55.jpg

lionelhutz

LALILULELO said:
Loving the game to bits..especially the survival aspect makes it a lot of fun but goddamn those crashes!
Within 20 minutes the game has frozen 4 times, 2 times repeatedly when fixing my armor.
Playing on PS3 btw

sunny111309.gif

avcables

Banned
Um, not sure what happened to my Dropbox links. They're still there but the "public" part of them being public doesn't seem to be happening. Anyway know if there's a bandwidth limit to linking public Dropbox stuff?

Sorry to take a detour from the topic.

EDIT: Nevermind, PeerBlock JUST started blocking them for some reason. Anyway, enjoy!

YAAAAY!!

got my copy now :D

my stupid local store had it since yesterday and they didn't inform me -_-"

I can't believe I wasted 24 hours of boring - waiting for the game when it was already here 15 minutes away from my house.... anyway it's installing now.... i will play quick 30 minutes before I head to a wedding I need to attend then it will be only me and my lovely game <3

btw the game's box looks way better in real life... it's just so beautiful and way more sexy than FO3.

BigAT

Has there been much word yet on the extent of bugs/freezes in the PC version? Pretty much every article I've read so far about the problems has been referencing the console versions, I'm wondering if the issues extend to every platform.

Shinjitsu

Banned
LALILULELO said:
Playing on PS3 btw.

Try reinstalling, most people have been playing and say its working fine.

Seems to be some install issues on PS3.

HomShaBom

Banned
BigAT said:
Has there been much word yet on the extent of bugs/freezes in the PC version? Pretty much every article I've read so far about the problems has been referencing the console versions, I'm wondering if the issues extend to every platform.
Not a single quicksave has worked for me yet. Others on SA forums reporting same thing. Regular Save function works though.

stupei

golem said:
Where is the Xandar root near the schoolhouse.. wtf

Look at the ground near the tree trunk. They're super tiny little plant shoots sticking up. Took me a while to find them too.

HomShaBom said:
Not a single quicksave has worked for me yet. Others on SA forums reporting same thing. Regular Save function works though.

Does it crash when it tries to autosave or just won't record?

crashes would be verrrrrrry frustrating

HomShaBom

Banned
MikeE21286 said:
Does it crash when it tries to autosave or just won't record?

crashes would be verrrrrrry frustrating
Nope it tells you that it saved. Load your game back up and it acts as if you never saved at all.

They need to patch this shit ASAP. Don't they fucking test if it saves?

Top Bottom