• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout New Vegas |OT| Obsidian does what Bethesdon't

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
valeo said:
Sure, but Fallout 3's engine was shit to begin with so not fixing it at all and shipping a game 2 years later with the same buggy problems is pretty annoying.
Like i said in a post earlier, if the same bugs keep cropping up since Morrowind i doubt its just an issue of stamping the bugs out. If it were that easy Emergent and Bethesda surely would have done that over the last 9 years or so.

Varna

HomShaBom said:
Nope it tells you that it saved. Load your game back up and it acts as if you never saved at all.

They need to patch this shit ASAP. Don't they fucking test if it saves?

Just got fucked by this. One hour of progress gone.

ashbash159 said:
Am I weird in saying that I quite like the graphics?

Yes.

Seriously though, they are going to take me a while to get use to. Been playing nothing but Crysis and Bad Company 2 these last few weeks so Fallout New Vegas looks pretty underwhelming at the moment.

avcables

Banned
Varna said:
Just got fucked by this. One hour of progress gone.

Yes.

Seriously though, they are going to take me a while to get use to. Been playing nothing but Crysis and Bad Company 2 these last few weeks so Fallout New Vegas looks pretty underwhelming at the moment.

Number one, utilize the Quicksave. That works. And menu saves works. I've never used the autosave function. I know it was automatic, but I ALWAYS quicksave/manually save in the menu.

And New Vegas is unique in its graphical prowess. :lol

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
i hope CASM gets a version for New Vegas. CASM was a mod that gave you huge control over autosaving in Fallout 3. You could specify how frequently and under what conditions it would autosave (every 10 minutes for example). You could also set it to overwrite every 5 or 10 saves or whatever. Great, great mod.

Peffff... Stupid wedding I don't care but I have to attend... I wanna stay home and play more :(

btw is it only me or the game does look a little tiny better than FO3? it's a little more smother .

Man it's going to be really shitty if this game freezes on me every 30 minutes.

I went through 100+ hours apiece on Oblivion and Fallout 3 and can count the freezes on one hand.

(360 versions btw)

Installing New Vegas right now. =(

Diet Cherry Dr Pepper is really fucking good btw.

ashbash159 said:
Am I weird in saying that I quite like the graphics?
Not at all. It's a shame they haven't moved forward but I'd much rather it be a consistent world you can immerse yourself in than have some areas more detailed and having other areas of the game look poor because they couldn't afford of produce the assets in time.

Double D

The Praiseworthy said:
Peffff... Stupid wedding I don't care but I have to attend... I wanna stay home and play more :(

btw is it only me or the game does look a little tiny better than FO3? it's a little more smother .

Wedding on a tuesday?

LALILULELO

Neo Member
Alright going to reinstall to see if that fixes anything.
Have a 100% repeating freeze now.
Whenever I repair a Powder Gang Guard Armor the game is basically over.....

FrankT

LALILULELO said:
Alright going to reinstall to see if that fixes anything.
Have a 100% repeating freeze now.
Whenever I repair a Powder Gang Guard Armor the game is basically over.....

Ouch....

Anyhow, trying to hold off on this day one, wait for a patch, and get a great deal on BF. Tis hard though....love me some Fallout. 150 hours easy on F3.

HomShaBom

Banned
avcables said:
Number one, utilize the Quicksave. That works. And menu saves works. I've never used the autosave function. I know it was automatic, but I ALWAYS quicksave/manually save in the menu.

Reading ftw. Quicksave is what we're talking about. It may work for you but not for others.

DireStr8s

Real talk, people-

PS3 version:

load times?
framerate?
install bugs?
gameplay glitches/ bugs?
are you mad and regret your purchase?

Please...talk to me.

Have played for a couple of hours, no freezing yet (360 version). A framerate hiccup here and there, nothing too dramatic. I'm loving the radio stations!

WEGGLES

Revolutionary said:
Seems to be Nvidia-related, indeed.
Oh awesome. I have a 5850 too. I really want to play, but don't want to get the xbox/ps3 versions.

Hopefully it gets patched soon though, for people with nvidia cards.

Varna

avcables said:

Quick saves don't work. Autosaves do.

Just tested it. F5.... look at menu, it's there. Restart and the quicksave is gone. Strangely enough I rerolled and the auto save from that character is still there... I can't delete it either. Deleted it in game and it's back when I restart, deleted it from my documents and it's still there when I restart the game.

Knuckleruckamus

Neo Member
I'm hoping to avoid reading the thread too much for fear of spoilers, but does anyone know which forums/sites have traditionally acted as a good hub for mods? It's definitely too early to expect anything but I'd like to bookmark it for future reference.

Thanks!

epmode

Varna said:

Just tested it. F5.... look at menu, it's there. Restart and the quicksave is gone. Strangely enough I rerolled and the auto save from that character is still there... I can't delete it either. Deleted it in game and it's back when I restart, deleted it from my documents and it's still there when I restart the game.
Sounds like cloud problems. ..If New Vegas is even using Steamcloud, i mean.

i-Lo

Fallout: New Bogus Bugs

Anyway, does it still save with the custom icon on PS3 (and 360)? That stuff was annoying with the time it took.

Lastly, just to be sure again, does the PS3 version lack AA?

Varna

epmode said:
Sounds like cloud problems. ..If New Vegas is even using Steamcloud, i mean.
I have that disabled.

EDIT: It looks like the auto and quicksave feature worked fine for the first character I created. For the second one it stopped working. I can't delete the saves either.

(._.) said:
Ok, how is the PC version running for most people?

i5-760
460GTX
4GB of Ram
Windows 7 64-bit

Running fairly consistent at 60 FPS. It drops every now and then for no real reason.

Knuckleruckamus said:
I'm hoping to avoid reading the thread too much for fear of spoilers, but does anyone know which forums/sites have traditionally acted as a good hub for mods? It's definitely too early to expect anything but I'd like to bookmark it for future reference.

Thanks!

I used Fallout 3 Nexus, but apparently Fallout New Vegas Nexus is where NV stuff will be kept at

golem

Varna said:

Mother f.. I live and die by quicksaves.

Giard

Got it this morning, somehow got the pre-order bonus as well (if it's the classic pack) when I hadn't pre-ordered.

Can't wait to try it out later.

(._.)

Banned
Varna said:
i5-760
460GTX
4GB of Ram
Windows 7 64-bit

Running fairly consistent at 60 FPS. It drops every now and then for no real reason.
I have similar specs and FO3 has only frozen for me like four times out of around 90 hours so I guess Ill get this game on Thursday.

LALILULELO

Neo Member
After reinstalling still keeps freezing 100% at the same shit.
Have to shut down the PS3 with its cute 3 peep freezing acknowledgment.
so fuck it..Im not going to repair any Powder Gang Guard armor for now.

I played through the entirety of FO3 with only a handful of bugs/freezes which were not 100% repeatable.
This is just crap, patch this asap!

Varna

(._.) said:
I have similar specs and FO3 has only frozen for me like four times out of around 90 hours so I guess Ill get this game on Thursday.

Yeah. No bugs of freezing so far. Some pretty horrible texture flickering though.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Just woke up to find my copy waiting for me. I've got time to install it but I probably won't be able to play until like 10 hours. : (
fuck this werld

LALILULELO said:
After reinstalling still keeps freezing 100% at the same shit.
Have to shut down the PS3 with its cute 3 peep freezing acknowledgment.
so fuck it..Im not going to repair any Powder Gang Guard armor for now.

I played through the entirety of FO3 with only a handful of bugs/freezes which were not 100% repeatable.
This is just crap, patch this asap!

This is totally turning me off. I too never had but a few freezes in FO3 till the dlc. But for this to be playing like this out of the gate. What happened to quality control?

Rektash

Just a quick question: Is there a shitty metro equivalence in New Vegas? One of my biggest gripes with F3 was the hours I had to spend in the metro system.

MrMephistoX

I've got a bunch of credit at GS and am leaning to the PC version now any idea if it's disc based or the lovely CIV/Starcraft model where it launches from Steam with no need to insert a disc thereafter?

Spookie

Rektash said:
Just a quick question: Is there a shitty metro equivalence in New Vegas? One of my biggest gripes with F3 was the hours I had to spend in the metro system.

Nope. No shitty metro to hide how big the world isn't. For the most part you can travel all over the map.

(._.) said:

I'm on an i7-920, HD5870, and 6 gigs of Ram and this game is still giving me problems.

MrMephistoX said:
I've got a bunch of credit at GS and am leaning to the PC version now any idea if it's disc based or the lovely CIV/Starcraft model where it launches from Steam with no need to insert a disc thereafter?
It's Steamworks, so it works exactly like Civ V.

MMaRsu

PepsimanVsJoe said:
Man it's going to be really shitty if this game freezes on me every 30 minutes.

I went through 100+ hours apiece on Oblivion and Fallout 3 and can count the freezes on one hand.

(360 versions btw)

Installing New Vegas right now. =(

Diet Cherry Dr Pepper is really fucking good btw.

Goddamnit you guys haved diet Cherry dr pepper? WTFfffF :(

Top Bottom