• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout New Vegas |OT| Obsidian does what Bethesdon't

demolitio

Those mines are a real pain in the ass for people like me that MUST check every single room before leaving.

"Oh, there's nothing in this room so let's go check the kitchen!" *click* "Wait what was that sou..."*KABOOM*

I went scavenging through a house and all I got was this lousy crippled leg...

"If - this -is -a dreeeeeam.....let me go on dream-ing." Anyone know what song that is? Many internet searches have failed me. Sounds like we could fade to black and run the "Matthew Weiner" credit on Madmen. Great music, much like the last game.

Tkawsome said:
Agh! Giant scorpion! Here, let me use all my ammo to kill it.

(Bang! Bang!)

Thank God that's over with now I'll just heal for a second...

(Three more Giant Scorpions crawl over the nearby hill)

FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
This happens to me too much

Thank god for AP bullets

G_Berry

Banned
Any mods that let you play your own music through the Pip-Boy?

I would love nothing more than to be blaring Alexisonfire as I roam the wastes unloading into peoples faces!

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Characters and writing take a nice jump once you get to Freeside. Maybe its because everyone outside and farther away from the strip have very bland yokel personalities.

Around 4 hours played - three lockups now, including two in less than 20 minutes.

Whoever compared this game's performance to the FO3 GOTY version was spot on. It's just like that.

:/

250GB PS3 Slim

iammeiam

Aaaaand the storage locker I paid for in my home is now randomly empty. I just want to be a good courier! and the game is robbing me like it wants me to go on a crazy murder spree.

Dresden

iammeiam said:
Aaaaand the storage locker I paid for in my home is now randomly empty. I just want to be a good courier! and the game is robbing me like it wants me to go on a crazy murder spree.
Yeah, my shit is gone from my footlocker and stuff. Plasma-shotgun-thing, tons of ammo. :(

Slim360 with the game installed on HD: actually run more smoother than F3 did on my old (first on market) 360 Elite. Loading time are short enough and after 5 hours I never encounter a bug. Lucky me because I know Bethesda (since Daggerfall) and I know Obsidian's pedigree very well so i expect much more problems.

Love the game so far and love the new radio stations. Feel like the same game but with a completely different vibe. I Love F3 but what the fuck at how depressing at times is. In Vegas is not the case anymore, sky is blue and plants popped trough the desert remember us in this fucking hell life miraculously still. A much more relaxing experience in my opinion.

By the way, love to play on my pc, especially games only for pc like Stalker, Total War, every city builder, but reading this topic also remind me how i hate all this .ini chichat who completely ruin vg forums when a game like this arrives on shelves. I want to know and share with you stories not rigs and benchmark numbers! ;)

Nose Master

I fucking jump everytime
ED-E
engages an enemy. His god damn
blaring music
is always loud as hell :lol

The_Inquisitor said:
Yeah how the FUCK do they fuck that up? I have NO way of storing shit now other than companions...

Hotel works fine for me. I have tons of shit everywhere in that room, never had a problem with it.

Nose Master said:
I fucking jump everytime
ED-E
engages an enemy. His god damn
blaring music
is always loud as hell :lol

Hotel works fine for me. I have tons of shit everywhere in that room, never had a problem with it.

How many items do you put @ a time?

I'm surprised at all the Fallout 3 music still included in the game. I would've expected them to go the completely original route, so having a bleak/hopeful Fallout 3 song breaking through the sombre New Vegas tunes is kinda strange. :D

Wacky Wasteland Spoilers!!!!!!

I came out of the robot factory near Freeside, and three old ladies in polka dot dresses and rolling pins came up and started killing me. WTF were they?!

Also, Cottonwood Cove on the wall... Romanes Eunt Domus

So glad I played WW, they are treats to find. Many more, but those are the recents.

Nose Master

The_Inquisitor said:
How many items do you put @ a time?

What do you mean? I usually fill up, then go to each container in the room (my fallout hotel is more organized than my bedroom :lol) and fill it with the stuff I'm dumping off. Which includes 100+ of ammo, 10+ different items types etc in a single "trade." No problems.

voltron

Anyone know what the deal is with the difficulty setting? In F3 I bumped it up to hard but I was getting way too much XP for each kill and didnt want to hit the level cap too soon.

Im playing on hardcore mode now in New Vegas and I just checked the settings and Ive been on hard the whole time too. Happy to keep it on hard as its been pretty manageable (apart from the rad scorpions), but if it too gives me too much XP Im gonna flick it down to normal.

Another variable is in F3 I had the swift learner perk like 3 times. I didnt realise that I would never need that much XP. Not sure how theyve changed things for New Vegas though.

The M.O.B

Once you get to New Vegas, the game really opens up. I got a ton of different options/paths/choices I can now do. And my active quests jumped from about 4 to around 12.

Currently debating whether to take over the place or not

Animator

The M.O.B said:
Once you get to New Vegas, the game really opens up. I got a ton of different options/paths/choices I can now do. And my active quests jumped from about 4 to around 12.

I am like 35 hours in and havent done a single quest in vegas other than the ambassadors. Get the explorer perk to see how huge the game is :D

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
neoism said:
OMG thank you for this.

Question about the MTUI mod. I downloaded it, and its a Data folder with a Menu folder and a Textures folder. Do I really overwrite the data folder already in Fallout NV. How do I install it. Does it need s esp file because it didn't come with one. Sorry guys.. I a PC mod noob.

Every mod you install needs to be put into the data folder. Either its the one file mods or the UI mods with the folders. Just copy and paste the folders you get to your data folder and you are good to go. If you installed a previous UI mod, copying a new one will just overwrite it.
But check out the other UI mod I posted afterwards:
Gives you also access to every stat on one screen
34913-1-1287711879.jpg

Playing without that mod is a waste of time..

And new mod that I am going to install when I am back:
Higher blood textures

jax (old)

Banned
The M.O.B said:

yeah my quest log has exploded. mccurrans quest, caravan woman wanting to buy the mojave branch business.. etc Stats are still too low to talk/do much so I really need to find things to kill. Right now, there don't seem to be much things to kill :p

Companion.

I got
Veronica
, she's a
Brotherhood of steely
and its neat how she can kill all them rad scorpions while I stand back and save my ammo. SHe goes to town and does killing good with her
power glove

jax (old)

Banned
Dresden said:
Yeah, my shit is gone from my footlocker and stuff. Plasma-shotgun-thing, tons of ammo. :(

really??

THIS SUCKS. I don't have a safehouse yet but this was hoarding business is one part of fallout3 that needs to work.

kitch9

Banned
ashbash159 said:
DEFRAGGING! :mad:

Don't defrag until the game is unencrypted, as you are just rearranging garbled files which is......uhm...... pointless as they will be still garbled after.

Unencrypt first THEN check if you need a defrag but changes are you won't

Welp, I updated my NVIDIA drivers to see if it would make this game run better, and not only does Fallout run worse, but everything on my computer runs slower. Not to mention that the update changed my resolution and the resolution I had my monitor set to is no longer even an option in the control panel. I had to swtich back to the old driver. Fuck yourselves NVIDIA.

Lakitu

st5fu
What the fuck? My copy from Play is not in the post... wtf is this shit? It was sent out Tuesday afternoon and it's now Friday.

Pff, sounds to me like some people are getting a taste of their own "steal all the shit out of everyone's house" medicine. How's it feel to be on the receiving end for once, y'bastards?

Is anyone else noticing some weird shit with the glowing lights from the vegas strip? I'm playing on PS3 and as i approach the strip i will hit a point where half the lights and the "glow" from the town will switch off, if i take a step back it all switches on again. This is not a tiny thing but a really noticable and irritating issue, my gf who never even plays games was laughing her ass off about it.

Darkwater

Segata Sanshiro said:
Pff, sounds to me like some people are getting a taste of their own "steal all the shit out of everyone's house" medicine. How's it feel to be on the receiving end for once, y'bastards?

:lol

kitch9

Banned
Jesus, I just started playing this morning got to the vitality machine at the doc's and sat staring at it for 20 minutes clicking backwards and forwards and going nowhere.....

Any tips for a good build I'm going nowhere!?!

duckroll

I am definitely digging this game, but it's so hard to comment on it with any sense of proper perspective right now. The way the game is written and designed, even after several hours, I only feel like I'm scratching the surface of the world and the factions. It's also pretty interesting that Obsidian has put a ton of attention into allowing for multiple solutions to a problem, and not just allowing for multiple outcomes. This really makes each skill feel much more useful.

Arde5643

duckroll said:
I am definitely digging this game, but it's so hard to comment on it with any sense of proper perspective right now. The way the game is written and designed, even after several hours, I only feel like I'm scratching the surface of the world and the factions. It's also pretty interesting that Obsidian has put a ton of attention into allowing for multiple solutions to a problem, and not just allowing for multiple outcomes. This really makes each skill feel much more useful.
And that's why this game feels so much like the Fallouts of yore instead of Oblivion w/ guns. :D

ScrubJay

Just took out the NCR Correctional Facility using nothing but brass knuckles and a ton of meds and sarsparilla. Felt good and it serves them right for shooting at me despite my trying to be nice to them.
Holy crap it got tough when I went into the admin building and all of their bodyguards with SMG's tore me to shreds. The nice gauntlet at the end made it worth it though.

SmokyDave

Trent Strong said:
Welp, I updated my NVIDIA drivers to see if it would make this game run better, and not only does Fallout run worse, but everything on my computer runs slower. Not to mention that the update changed my resolution and the resolution I had my monitor set to is no longer even an option in the control panel. I had to swtich back to the old driver. Fuck yourselves NVIDIA.
I'm going to be playing this on an 8600M GT that has dodgy driver support due to being Toshiba OEM.

I'm screwed, aren't I?

Wallach

Dresden said:
Still with my explosive guy, but he was using energy weapons on the side thanks to high perception.

When you said you were having a hard time with Nightkin, were you talking about the REPPCO facility?

Arozay

Fucking companions, how do they work.

"Ok stay close, be passive and use ranged attacks"

"OKAY"

*runs ahead of me down a flight of stairs and starts melee'ing anything*

Nose Master

Zaro said:
Fucking companions, how do they work.

"Ok stay close, be passive and use ranged attacks"

"OKAY"

*runs ahead of me down a flight of stairs and starts melee'ing anything*

:lol Shit drives me crazy

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Curious - when exactly is the point of no return in terms of choosing sides? I'm trying to do as much as I can to have a save to see all the endings/quest lines.

Top Bottom