• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fantasy Life |OT| Living the American Dream

Yea, gonna have a huge trim myself for this game. Do we have a spreadsheet yet?

Someone can make one but basically I came to the conclusion like ACNL the spreadsheet will become useless, with loads of people who stops playing after a while =/ and in the end people will just post to each other here their friend codes here.

Robin64

Someone can make one but basically I came to the conclusion like ACNL the spreadsheet will become useless, with loads of people who stops playing after a while =/ and in the end people will just post to each other here their friend codes here.

Heh, you're absolutely right there, really.

Linius

My friendslist is maxed out. With Smash and this that kind of sucks.

Gonna try to trim it down though. I'll probably have some New Leaf contacts that I can remove by now. Finding out who is who is gonna be a pain though :/

My friendslist is maxed out. With Smash and this that kind of sucks.

Gonna try to trim it down though. I'll probably have some New Leaf contacts that I can remove by now. Finding out who is who is gonna be a pain though :/

Best way to start (Now that letterbox/swapnote is gone T-T) is with people who have no last online status that you can see, like I said in the ACNL thread it will be a pain, I basically re-added all the FCs and deleted anyone who deleted me (where it basically ask you to put a temp name for the friend). Just note down the FC and names before you start deleting though.

Wished Nintendo added an app to check who deleted you but doubt they ever will for the 3DS =/

Robin64

I'm going to go all out and remove absolutely everyone who isn't someone I know for realsies or that I played Theatrhythm with recently.

Kouriozan

Best way to start (Now that letterbox/swapnote is gone T-T) is with people who have no last online status that you can see, like I said in the ACNL thread it will be a pain, I basically re-added all the FCs and deleted anyone who deleted me (where it basically ask you to put a temp name for the friend). Just note down the FC and names before you start deleting though.

Wished Nintendo added an app to check who deleted you but doubt they ever will for the 3DS =/
Oh yeah, I need to do that as well, added some people for Pokemon and don't know if they deleted me.

Robin64

It's a shame more games haven't embraced Communities like Mario Golf and Wii Fit U. If everyone could just join a "NeoGAF Fantasy Life Community" you wouldn't need to do all this. Could just enter that and boom, someone to play with.

Heh I just finished doing exactly this, there were a lot of people with no status but not many had deleted me.
I'll wait until it's confirmed that we can play cross-region... and then I'll be harsher and cut some more!
So many of my friends I remember well from Swapnote/Letterbox but I haven't played or communicated with them since it went down :(

BowieZ

Banned
Damn, I keep forgetting it's an extra day to get these full retail games on the eShop! :(

And yeah I'm gonna cull my list too! :p

MicH

I managed to get down to 43 friends which I think will be great for now. There are still a lot who I don't recognize on my list so I may cut it down further if needed

BowieZ

Banned
SwapNote's death was a huge pain in the arse, for so many reasons. Loved that little thing.
Yup. Killed a vital part of what made the 3DS unique, IMHO. Something more intimate and warming than Miiverse.

I was hoping we'd at least get FlipNote as a consolation, but.....

MicH

Dat New Leaf hype! When the lewd thread spilled over into Swapnote... wow.
The amount of notes coming through was insane, great times.
I remember that. It was insane! So many notes that every time I opened the app I would get like 50 new notes. The lead-up to AC:NL's release was really fun

daydream

Banned
What are you going to make first?
Tell us all about it.
Let me play vicariously through your impressions.

Ok, I'm pulling off the wrap, opening the game case. That new game smell, I love it. Club Nintendo thingie is going to the side for later. Gonna look at the boxart some first. *twenty seconds pass* Man, I love Level-5. But anyway, game time! I gently take out the game, slide it into my 3DS. The music that plays is pleasant but nothing special. A bit short, maybe. There's a sick airship at the top, though. Actually, I forgot to look at the back of the box. It actually looks a bit crummy, haha, not a fan of the font, at all. Alright, I closed the box, putting it in the shelf now. Back to my desk. Deep breaths. I'm preparing to start up the game. Boy, this is the moment. It has all come down to this. Ok. I can do this. Welp. HERE GOES--

End of Prologue.

Will follow through with my Magician plans. :p

Linius

You know the shitty thing is that I actually took the time to make an extensive excel document once in which I had friendcodes and Neogaf/Other Dutch Board/Real life people names next to it. That way I could always quickly check who's who.

And then my laptops HDD crashed.

Maiar_m

Had an hour or two with the game already. it's a bit on the slower side of things, having a combat class certainly must help quicken the pace slightly, but it's definitely charming as hell. Woodcutting it my first (I'm starting with all the gathering classes because what's more frustrating than seeing a perfectly nice ore / tree / fish etc and not being able to get the thing.)

Linius

I have a friend with the Japanese copy. I'll try to find a time to test co-op with him to know if cross region issues exist.

Meanwhile I've been cutting down my friends list extensively. Here's my FC: 2878 - 9809 - 6283.

Please PM or quote me with your FC if you add me.

moozoom

Had time to play again last night, so here are some more impressions...

I leveled my Hunter rank quite high, ( I love the bow attacks - having some Dragon's Dogma Magic archer flashbacks while playing ) and opened up some new areas... but I got the problem that I went by many minerals and trees that I couldn't cut or mine - GASP.

So I decided to finally change vocations, and leveled most of them until "apprentice" rank so I could finally make hunter/story quests but also take home all the goodies seen during the exploration. I suppose you can buy most of the ingredients for crafting, but I prefer to collect them myself (and it's cheaper !)

Some advice : maybe try to change vocations once in a while instead of doing all of the tutorials one after another like I did. You can skip them if you want, and have the job ability instantly, but I wanted to see the little bits of plot that happen during the different tutorials quests.

I'm playing with a friend that is Magician / Alchemist, so I think I'll skip those two for now I'll get to it when I'll be bored of the others vocations or maxed up in everything.

Online play was great, not much different from local co-op apart from some framerate drops once in a while. It really takes me back to those hundreds of hours we shared in DQ IX with the same group of friends.

We went exploring some caves, and were utterly destroyed by a big monster so I guess you have to come back later in certains areas. I find the difficulty well done, there's no grinding necessary, just doing the different quests and killing the mobs on the way is enough to progress (something I enjoy in games since Chrono Trigger). Anyway, you can avoid the monsters if you really want to skip ahead.

GOTY for me. Apologies to the villagers in my New leaf town, the mayor is busy.

Chaos17

Just made my character, the girls were to cute so I made a red haired mage haha and how do I take screenshots ? >.>

Kouriozan

Doing Hunter now, looks like they have tons of skills as well (18 including base attack)!
Just made my character, the girls were to cute so I made a red haired mage haha and how do I take screenshots ? >.>
Start button, you don't have it at first, once you get that cutscene with the butterfly in front if the Goddess statue, you go to the guild and everything opeen up.

MicH

Loving all the impressions so far. I cannot wait to get my hands on this game!! A little more than 6 hours to go :)

Chaos17

Doing Hunter now, looks like they have tons of skills as well (18 including base attack)!

Start button, you don't have it at first, once you get that cutscene with the butterfly in front if the Goddess statue, you go to the guild and everything opeen up.

Thanks!

Linius

Well that's weird, I chose for woodcutter in the character creation thing but the guild master just gave me a Paladin license :p

Linius

Oh well, I can change soon enough probably.

Also cool that L/R have a function by twisting and turning the map around. Got a question btw, can I only save at the floating blue thing? If that's the case they better have a ton of these floating around.

Chaos17

1.Sneaking level up! Too cool to sneak pass a monster.
2. You can gather items for quests without taking the quest first. The game will let you know that you complete the requirements for the quest.
3. Don't undertimate elit mobs and don't fight the dragon if you're low leve : 86 damages! One shooted me at level 5, lol.

Mekere

My life as a cook, part 2.

Being an apprentice cook, there's something that I have to do: running around to gather ingredients and boy, the country is vast. Most of my gatherings are unfortunately inedible plants but I discovered a few farms that allowed me to pick some veggies for free and that were selling their own production of course. But buying ingredients is very expensive, I don't think I'll be able to leave my attic soon :(

My quest to become the best cook ever has been side-tracked by some... unexpected encounters. Still, I decided to take the time to help them, it's better for business to have some good and influential friends after all. After a few errands and adventures, I crossed the whole country to buy some tomatoes ! THE WHOLE COUNTRY! For some reasons, the weather around the city is too cold to grow tomatoes. And obviously I need them for my recipes like the world famous fluffy omelette. With my bag full of ingredients, I went back to my master and started working. It took me a while but master finally acknowledged my skills and I am now an apprentice cook or something. Now, I can try my skills on new recipes, but I suspect the fishmongers to be some kind of thief, buying fish is squeezing my wallet dry. I'm afraid I'll be a poor cook all my life. :(

Top Bottom