• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fantasy Life |OT| Living the American Dream

Linius

There is actually another one: USgamer.net, the American Eurogamer (it's the same company). No review yet as far as I can see...

I've preordered my copy at WowHD.nl for a little over 30 euros (it still is this price). It's cheap, but I'll probably get it a week or two after launch. It sucks, but I guess I can wait.

I was considering WowHD. But I hate waiting so long :p

TheMoon

Don't they ship from Hong Kong so that you have to pay customs if you're unlucky? If so, you probably wouldn't end up cheaper anyway.

Yes they do and yes to potential customs. I stopped using them for that reason. That and that games started taking 3-6 weeks to arrive last year which was infuriating. I used them as my main site for buying new releases for a few months but got fed up with that and now I'm using TheGameCollection and the Shop4-family (shop4de, shop4world) with the occasional amazon and shopto purchase inbetween.

Linius

Never knew about that. They've been getting okay rep at a Dutch website that collects reviews on webshops and shows the cheapest webshops. Only downside was of course that shipping can take a while. From what I heard usually up to two weeks.

I mostly buy my games just at a local store anyways. Need to be at school at 09:30 tomorrow so I'll pop by the game store just before to see if they have it on sale yet.

TheMoon

Never knew about that. They've been getting okay rep at a Dutch website that collects reviews on webshops and shows the cheapest webshops. Only downside was of course that shipping can take a while. From what I heard usually up to two weeks.

I mostly buy my games just at a local store anyways. Need to be at school at 09:30 tomorrow so I'll pop by the game store just before to see if they have it on sale yet.

You might get lucky with handheld games since those are the ones that went through customs untouched, if I recall correctly. I assume customs people think it's just a CD (rarely if ever above the price limit) due to the tiny 3DS case footpring and with DVD-size envelopes they know it's possibly a game and thus likely above the price limit. Never order from them if you want to play something within a month after release. If you can wait and try your luck with customs, go for it.

daxy

I got my copy early at a local Gamemania (I'm assuming you live in the Netherlands too), so you could try one of those if it's nearby. If it's not on shelves, asking at the counter has worked for me in the past.

Linius

I got my copy early at a local Gamemania (I'm assuming you live in the Netherlands too), so you could try one of those if it's nearby. If it's not on shelves, asking at the counter has worked for me in the past.

Yeah, was gonna try Gamemania. I got my New Leaf copy there early too. You happen to been to the one in Almere? Apparently they open at 9:30 so I'll have to wait till after college.

daxy

Yeah, was gonna try Gamemania. I got my New Leaf copy there early too. You happen to been to the one in Almere? Apparently they open at 9:30 so I'll have to wait till after college.

Got mine in Maastricht. I had it pre-ordered and they sent me a text that I could come pick it up. Doubt that makes a difference though, as they should have the game except perhaps not on display.

Linius

Got mine in Maastricht. I had it pre-ordered and they sent me a text that I could come pick it up. Doubt that makes a difference though, as they should have the game except perhaps not on display.

Yeah, I was actually on their website earlier this evening to pre-order but there's no pre-order button for Fantasy Life. So I'll just ask. Usually it's the same girl working there and she plays stuff like New Leaf and other life sims too. That's the benefit of going to your local store, if they have it on stock she'll sell it :p

quabba

Jealous you guys are getting it early. I wish I could order from somewhere that did that. I have to wait until sat morning and stroll into target.

Jealous you guys are getting it early. I wish I could order from somewhere that did that. I have to wait until sat morning and stroll into target.

Me too man, me too. But hey, at least it's only $44 at Target. Oh wait, I'm gonna wait until Smash comes out and get it on the same day.

Xhorder

You might get lucky with handheld games since those are the ones that went through customs untouched, if I recall correctly. I assume customs people think it's just a CD (rarely if ever above the price limit) due to the tiny 3DS case footpring and with DVD-size envelopes they know it's possibly a game and thus likely above the price limit. Never order from them if you want to play something within a month after release. If you can wait and try your luck with customs, go for it.

I was lucky last time when I ordered two 3DS games, this time it's only one game. We'll see how it goes. I've been buying a lot of games lately, so I opted for the (hopefully) cheap route this time. It doesn't make waiting any easier though, I've been curious about Fantasy Life since I heard about it on the 8-4 Play Podcast (around the JP release I guess), so I guess waiting one or two weeks extra is something I could handle :)

Crazy talk

I'm too busy for the next month to have a game consume my life, hell, GAFs already doing that and I'm thinking of posting hentai to get banned so I can focus on my task. Srsly though, someone ban me or there's some hentai coming into this thread.

daydream

Banned
Alright, today's the day. Nothing is getting in the way of me and my copy of FL.

kay-gloves(b).gif

Linius

I'm too busy for the next month to have a game consume my life, hell, GAFs already doing that and I'm thinking of posting hentai to get banned so I can focus on my task. Srsly though, someone ban me or there's some hentai coming into this thread.

If you really want a ban just pm a mod and set a date. It can be done. Like the post above said, a normal ban is usually perma for juniors. Though not always, I guess that depends on the case.

Robin64

Oh hey, he got banned.

Also waiting for some first day impressions from the early birds for this game. C'mon fellas and gals, hit me with your impression sticks.

If anyone is buying the DLC right off the bat, can you please post what kind of content is and is not available from the start?

There should be some stuff (pet birds, customization parts) that should be available early on.

Cerity

Definitely will be posting some screens when I get my copy on Saturday. NoAu, why do we get it on the 27th ლ(ಠ益ಠლ).

Robin64

Still not able to redeem my download code from GAME :( Looks like Nintendo won't be letting me play early.

Yeah, there was a bit of trouble over how they handled Pikmin 3 and now the codes don't work until the game itself is up for purchase. Before, they used to function like review codes. Sad times. :(

daydream

Banned
If anyone is buying the DLC right off the bat, can you please post what kind of content is and is not available from the start?

There should be some stuff (pet birds, customization parts) that should be available early on.

Seems like Kourio might get the early scoop (if he's planning to buy the DLC). Otherwise, I'll be happy to find that out. Will buy the DLC as soon as it's available. I guess we don't know if it's even up, yet, though.

Cerity

You don't get to complain anymore about NoAu after that first Direct ever again.

Hey, I put that down to us being a smaller market and them actually having enough consoles to facilitate it launching here.

Launching FL a day after the EU launch, just seems kind of... pointless.

Robin64

Hey, I put that down to us being a smaller market and them actually having enough consoles to facilitate it launching here.

Launching FL a day after the EU launch, just seems kind of... pointless.

You get Pokémon OR and AS a week before we do. Seven days!

YesManKablaam

Neo Member
I ordered my copy from TheGameCollection. It's been despatched, though I am unsure of their track record for early deliveries for pre-orders (items I've purchased from them before have always been quickly delivered).

Seems like Kourio might get the early scoop (if he's planning to buy the DLC). Otherwise, I'll be happy to find that out. Will buy the DLC as soon as it's available. I guess we don't know if it's even up, yet, though.
Cool, thanks. Even better if you can compare notes with someone not getting the DLC right off the bat.

Kouriozan

I don't think the DLC will be up before the release day, but I'll try anyway.

decaf

Thanks for actually playing the game before writing a review, and then writing more than two paragraphs. :)
I've been playing it religiously since last month - only took a week off for Theatrhythym. Can't wait for the DLC!

Looking at other reviews now... seems like some folk only played the game for a few hours. Shame.

I'm in bits. Haven't ordered anything from Shopto since back in March when I was living in my place at University. Completely forgot to change the address and I get my dispatch confirmation from Shopto yesterday, only to realise they've sent it to a completely different part of the country.

Hold me, GAF :'(

Osahi

Yeah, I was actually on their website earlier this evening to pre-order but there's no pre-order button for Fantasy Life. So I'll just ask. Usually it's the same girl working there and she plays stuff like New Leaf and other life sims too. That's the benefit of going to your local store, if they have it on stock she'll sell it :p

If there is no preorder button, the game is in stock and you can just pick it up. Call the store and they'll keep one on aside for you. (They sented texts out to preorders too, so it means it is in stock). I worked in a Belgian Game Mania for a while, and street dates are broken all the time (or aren't in place and games get delivered early).

I'm on the fence for this one. I love Level 5 RPG's, but I'm afraid it can get tedious (allthough I sunk over 50 hours in New Leaf, so that shouldn't hold me back). Might wait on a price drop, but as it is Nintendo, what are the chances of it ever happening?

Top Bottom