• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fantasy Life |OT| Living the American Dream

daxy

Oh well, I can change soon enough probably.

Also cool that L/R have a function by twisting and turning the map around. Got a question btw, can I only save at the floating blue thing? If that's the case they better have a ton of these floating around.

Yep. They come up regularly though. The game sometimes also saves after important story moments.

TCEtd5z.jpg

eWSLgsX.jpg

Wwj5VzA.jpg

You can press start or select to take a picture of the top screen and it'll be sent to your SD card. You need to activate this function by going to one of the three desks at the back of the Guild.

Kouriozan

Yep. They come up regularly though. The game sometimes also saves after important story moments.

You can press start or select to take a picture of the top screen and it'll be sent to your SD card. You need to activate this function by going to one of the three desks at the back of the Guild.
I'm at 5 hours 40 mins (wow, too addictive!) and still level 7 :lol
Granted I'm starting every job without skipping, still 5 left to do!

Mekere

So would your advice for any wannabe-cooks to be that they should learn to catch fish first? ;)

Probably :D All the fishes in the river and I can't catch them! Especially frustrating when you spot a super rare and exceptional fish that would be perfect to cook sashimi! But I'll keep on spending all my pocket money in ingredients for now. I'll try a new life later.

Kouriozan

And don't forget to upgrade that bag!
I have like 80 items now and I sold the weaker tools (made new ones while being blacksmith).

Kouriozan

DLC is up, gonna try coop with a game without it soon.
You need to finish the story + level 50 to access it.

Edit : don't need to test, it says right aways that you can't streetpass or play with people who don't have it.

Robin64

Just tried the GAME code, given the DLC was up, and it didn't work. :(

You can't even STREETPASS with someone that doesn't have it? Fucking hell. It's hard enough getting those as it is!

Edit : don't need to test, it says right aways that you can't streetpass or play with people who don't have it.
Tragic.

But oh well, the DLC is cheap and adds a lot of content.

Just tried the GAME code, given the DLC was up, and it didn't work. :(

You can't even STREETPASS with someone that doesn't have it? Fucking hell. It's hard enough getting those as it is!
Use this: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...kxrM085ZGp0UkZlenp6SkJablE&toomany=true#gid=0

It's awesome.

Kouriozan

Oh and there is a light spoiler too in the description :lol
About getting "someone" in your party.
I already know who it is though, after playing a few hours.

Linius

I'll play the game first and then I'll decide on the DLC. But since it's cheap I'll probably get it. But I'll surely wait for the right time. It wouldn't be fun to get the DLC and have no one to play with here.

Kouriozan

It comes with TONS of customization options when creating a character. New eyes/hair/mouth/nose etc
Already made one so I have to wait until I can get on the island, there is a NPC to change how you look, not only the hair.

Linius

But then you guys cant play with most of us? Or am I misunderstanding the whole DLC situation? This is confusing :p

My exact thought as well after reading about the extra customization

Whelp probs get DLC straight away as you two are probably one of the few EU peeps on my 3DS that I played ACNL regularly for a while anyway lol

But yeah should've released a compatibility pack for non dlc peeps =/

Linius

So all my New Leaf bros getting the DLC now huh? Someone at Nintendo is reading this thread with a smile on his/her face.

Guess I'm buying it too then :p

It's a shame how DLC does splinter the community with how it's handled, and the 3DS probably couldn't handle a compatibility pack =/, anyway the OP's updated with the info.

Delstius

Just played three hours. So far I learned 3 jobs, walked around and gathered bunch of things, got smashed by a bear while going too far from town at low hp, couldn't bring down a giant carrot because it heal itself too much, decided to awaken the napdragon because it sounded fun (it is), and finally ended smashing button to craft some copper bar like a pro. That was a blast, there's things to do everywhere it's amazing and I didn't even start a quest or visit a single house/store beside the basic tutorial. NPC talk a lot though.

The amount of time I'll sink in this game will be ludicrous, good bye real life.

MicH

Whelp probs get DLC straight away as you two are probably one of the few EU peeps on my 3DS that I played ACNL regularly for a while anyway lol

But yeah should've released a compatibility pack for non dlc peeps =/

So all my New Leaf bros getting the DLC now huh? Someone at Nintendo is reading this thread with a smile on his/her face.

Guess I'm buying it too then :p
Yess! Exerting that peer pressure! :p I agree though, it is pretty awful that the community is gonna be split between two groups :/

I'm a carpenter fighting monsters with magic.
#FantasyLife
That is amazingly cool

Linius

i3LWZMurTvCnX.JPG

It's a me!

iCWcwrWh38PRB.JPG

So many town folks already ready to give me quests :D

Guess I'm gonna be doing some bliss stuff with Flutter. Already expanded my bag, want a pet now. And I got some basic 'catch these bandits' quests since I'm a mighty paladin now. Will clear some of that stuff before I try the next job. Thinking about either mining, fishing or wood cutter.

But for now there's some homework sadly.

daxy

It comes with TONS of customization options when creating a character. New eyes/hair/mouth/nose etc
Already made one so I have to wait until I can get on the island, there is a NPC to change how you look, not only the hair.

That sucks. So if I get the DLC I won't be able to take advantage of the new character customization options unless I start a new game?

Kouriozan

That sucks. So if I get the DLC I won't be able to take advantage of the new character customization options unless I start a new game?
There is a NPC on Origin Island that can change your appearance, so no problem :)
It cost 150k though.

Hedge

Wait people are playing it already? I thought it didn't release for another 1 and a half hours?

My download code won't work yet, anyway. D:

Kouriozan

I couldn"t bear anymore the tutorials after unlocking the third job ;_;
I just finished doing every tutorial...
8 hours! Damn, time flies so fast.

In general, I'm surprised by how many skills each job has, I didn't expected it but looks like it very worth it to only play a single job.

Top Bottom