• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fantasy Life |OT| Living the American Dream

I'm in bits. Haven't ordered anything from Shopto since back in March when I was living in my place at University. Completely forgot to change the address and I get my dispatch confirmation from Shopto yesterday, only to realise they've sent it to a completely different part of the country.

Hold me, GAF :'(

Ouch. This happened to me a few months ago, an Amazon order went to my old place. Nobody had moved in at the time so I had to wait weeks for the new people to get there before I could get my package.
I could see it just on the other side of the door! It was painful :(

I'm on the fence for this one. I love Level 5 RPG's, but I'm afraid it can get tedious (allthough I sunk over 50 hours in New Leaf, so that shouldn't hold me back). Might wait on a price drop, but as it is Nintendo, what are the chances of it ever happening?

I'd imagine Nintendo are fairly realistic about this games chance for success and so, like Bravely Default, probably won't make that many copies. If so, it'll go out of print long before the price drops.
(Bravely Default had a lot more promotion than this has too)

Robin64

I'm on the fence for this one. I love Level 5 RPG's, but I'm afraid it can get tedious (allthough I sunk over 50 hours in New Leaf, so that shouldn't hold me back). Might wait on a price drop, but as it is Nintendo, what are the chances of it ever happening?

Don't forget you can get it for £27.99 digitally via GAME, which is a good deal cheaper than Nintendo's eShop price. That's a bit of a discount.

Osahi

Ouch. This happened to me a few months ago, an Amazon order went to my old place. Nobody had moved in at the time so I had to wait weeks for the new people to get there before I could get my package.
I could see it just on the other side of the door! It was painful :(

I'd imagine Nintendo are fairly realistic about this games chance for success and so, like Bravely Default, probably won't make that many copies. If so, it'll go out of print long before the price drops.
(Bravely Default had a lot more promotion than this has too)

That's what I'm afraid off. But dang, 40 euro's is a lot for a game I'm not sure I'll play the coming months (with everything that's coming out). + I'm having a financially bad month ahead (contract troubles for a job I freelanced on, so no pay untill it's resolved)

Kouriozan

Alright, I'm now a fledgling tailor but still can't take screenshot, will play until i can then I'll post some impressions.

Robin64

Alright, I'm now a fledgling tailor but still can't take screenshot, will play until i can then I'll post some impressions.

Weird that the feature is locked off. Can't document your early beginnings? Shame.

Of course, if Miiverse was up, I guess we could bypass that...

Edit: Assuming it will get a Community. I don't think the Japanese version does? Just had a look and couldn't find it, but hm...

Just got a dispatch email. It has a day to get here. I believe!

Although last week Theatrhythm got sent on Wednesday and didn't arrive until Saturday..... but I'm trying not to think about that right now!

Kouriozan

Alright, once you can go outside of the town, everything open up :)

So, here is my character

ByXta-vCIAAVIT6.jpg

The first town is pretty lively too, tons of NPC

ByXtwlbCUAA_IR2.jpg

This is where you can get your pet:

ByXtmDwCUAAHsKq.jpg

There is already tons of stuff to do without even leaving the town, you can buy the items you need for tailor/carpenter/blacksmith just south of the workshop.
The translation is very well done with puns here and there, I like how the game looks.
So I got my tailor skills and each skill have 15 levels, then it go up to 20 once you finish the game (or it's with the DLC). Higher level means better/more item created, for tailor at least. I saw you can "engrave" your name in the item you create but you have to level up your skill a bit for that :)
There is also auto-craft and multi-craft you can unlock.

This afternoon I'm going to play some co-op, but I'm already in love with this game, I can see myself being addicted for a long time.

Robin64

So who wants to be my personal bodyguard while I go around mining all the riches of the world?

So in France, the currency is called Révah? Or is that Rêvah? Either way, is that a slang word for money, just as in the UK ours is "Dosh"?

MicH

God, I am so jealous of all of you who got the game already. I cann't wait until midnight tonight so I can start downloading :D

Kouriozan

So who wants to be my personal bodyguard while I go around mining all the riches of the world?

So in France, the currency is called Révah? Or is that Rêvah? Either way, is that a slang word for money, just as in the UK ours is "Dosh"?

It's Rêvah, yeah.
Come from the word Rêve = Dream.

YesManKablaam

Neo Member

I don't know about bodyguard, but I can ensure that you are the most fabulously attired Miner in the known world?

Does a GermanGafer know what they went with for us ?

Knete, Kohle, Asche, Kröten, Moneten ?

I'm dying to play this game ;-;

daydream

Banned
German slang always sounds horrible so I'm not surprised they went with something historical. Not that it matters to me since I all my systems are set to English.

Zenny's a Capcom thing, anyway.

Also, I will not have you badmouth zenny in my presence. :p GOAT currency

:p

But you are right on the money about cringeworthy german slang/ accents. Just imagine something like a bavarian town in Dragon Quest, or a new protagonist having a saxony accent in Bravely Second.... D:

MicH

You guys all play in your own language? I hate Dutch translations in games :p
Nintendo never makes Danish translations, so I always play in English. Even when I have played some games with Danish text and voice acting on PS3 or Xbox 360, I really didn't like it. It just sounds so goofy when I'm used to English

Grampasso

Praising Intensifies!
Does any italian Gaffer know if there are shops breaking street date (in Rome btw)? I know for sure Gamestop doesn't, if there aren't any I'll wait for tomorrow :/

Kuntz

I always play in english buit I had to leave my 3ds in French because of Tomodachi Life.

Different animal crossing neighbour names is so stuuuupid.
So rêvah for me too :(

Gala

You guys all play in your own language? I hate Dutch translations in games :p

I usually play in english, but I have some friends who play in german because their english isn't that good, so I switch to the german translation when I play with them.

scamander

Banned
:p

But you are right on the money about cringeworthy german slang/ accents. Just imagine something like a bavarian town in Dragon Quest, or a new protagonist having a saxony accent in Bravely Second.... D:

Saxons or Anglo-Saxons- it's not that much of a difference! :p

EDIT: I always play in German as long as there is a German translation. I don't mind playing games without one in English, though.

Deband

Anyone had their copy actually dispatched from Amazon UK? Mine still says pre-ordered estimated delivery tomorrow but I don't believe them.

Anyone had their copy actually dispatched from Amazon UK? Mine still says pre-ordered estimated delivery tomorrow but I don't believe them.
Amazon UK uses their own logistics system now so they have their own delivery system and it is quite accurate, especially when they have free day 1 delivery for game preorders.

YesManKablaam

Neo Member
My copy has arrived! TheGameCollection supremacy, glad I pre-ordered Smash Bros 3DS with them too. Time to get stuck in, if any people from here want to add me my friend code is 0877-1451-6309.

SerodD

So I have two questions, will game uk codes work on my Portugues 3DS? It works on the Wii U so it should work on the 3DS right?

If I order it right now will I be able to download it today? or do I have to wait until it hits the eshop at midnight?

Lucifon

Yeah, there was a bit of trouble over how they handled Pikmin 3 and now the codes don't work until the game itself is up for purchase. Before, they used to function like review codes. Sad times. :(

That's a real shame :( darnit. Would it be midnight then?

TheMoon

So I have two questions, will game uk codes work on my Portugues 3DS? It works on the Wii U so it should work on the 3DS right?

If I order it right now will I be able to download it today? or do I have to wait until it hits the eshop at midnight?

one region. one love. (yes)

Top Bottom