• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy VII Rebirth tops IGN poll as GOTY so far

elbourreau

GOTY? This piece of crap game? Are people really that blinded by the fact it's just a crappy "open world" game, dressed in a hub with underwhelming minigames? Rebirth is a really REALLY sad product!
Angry Look At Me GIF by La Guarimba Film Festival

CSJ

Ehhh, maybe. FF7 is right at the top of my favorite games but I hate that in FF7:Re each zone came down to ubisoft towers, LITERALLY towers and a busywork checklist of the same thing every area.
I liked remake better, I just wish the open world was more about discovery and coming across things rather than copy pasted content over and over.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Yeah, it's mine too. Unfortunately this is a user vote, and UO is in a pretty niche genre, so it doesn’t really stand a chance against the more popular games released this year. :lollipop_pensive:
It doesn’t matter if wins or loses in VGA shows…..we played game and we loved it and that’s all that matters.

Even entire world disagrees with me, Unicorn Overlord is still gonna be my GOTY.

Thick Thighs Save Lives

NeoGAF's Physical Games Advocate Extraordinaire
It doesn’t matter if wins or loses in VGA shows…..we played game and we loved it and that’s all that matters.

Even entire world disagrees with me, Unicorn Overlord is still gonna be my GOTY.
I agree with the sentiment of your reply, but I really do hope it gets a couple of nominations at TGA. That way, more people will hear about the game's quality and hopefully give it a shot (we all know Vanillaware games deserve all the sales they can get).

Is Rebirth any better than the first part though? It was just a padded mess. If it is genuinely better and has good pacing then I'd consider picking it up.

Cornbread78

Is Rebirth any better than the first part though? It was just a padded mess. If it is genuinely better and has good pacing then I'd consider picking it up.
It's kind of a toss up. Remake covered more ground and felt great to play, but gameplay is better in Rebirth, and most importantly Square did a masterful job of really digging into character backstories and dispostions to make you get a much better understanding of who they are and what everything happening means to them.... it really makes it an essential play.

Msamy

aside from the graphics and the sales numbers in china that game has nothing that would really make it stand out as reflected in most scores. It´s not really "agenda" if you`re not blindly following hype or revenue.
For me it stands out in many things, so I those scores not reflected the game for me, and that is my opinion, many sites give this game low score because of certain agendas and I am not not blindly following any hype

For me it stands out in many things, so I those scores not reflected the game for me, and that is my opinion, many sites give this game low score because of certain agendas and I am not not blindly following any hype
riiight every venue not d' accord with your personal opinion is "agenda driven"

Gordon Ramsay Facepalm GIF by Masterchef

okay :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:

Thabass

As it should. Rebirth was incredible.

Although, Astro Bot should also be considered pretty closely too, so far my experience with Astro Bot has been nothing but positive.

Last edited:

Zacfoldor

Astrobot will win GotY. There is one bad area towards the end of Rebirth and the ending is convoluted. Great game but not goty. Just waiting for something better to knock it off, which Astro did. Something else might come along before end of year, but Rebirth will not win imho.

StueyDuck

vendas-de-final-fantasy-vii-rebirth-sao-quase-metade-do-remake-afirma-analista-106350.jpg

IGN has opened a poll in which it has put various titles up against each other in duels. The vote is still open, but so far Square Enix's Final Fantasy VII Rebirth is in first place.

In celebration, Naoki Hamaguchi, the director of Final Fantasy VII Rebirth, took to social media to celebrate the community's support.

Check out the rankings so far:

• Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
  • Elden Ring: Shadow Of The Erdtree
  • Helldivers 2
  • Black Myth: Wukong
  • Astro Bot
  • Dragon's Dogma 2
  • Stellar Blade
  • Warhammer 40K: Space Marine 2
  • Hades 2 (Early Access)
  • Rise of the Ronin
  • Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth
  • Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown
  • Persona 3 Reload
  • Tekken 8
  • Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door
  • Palworld
  • Senua's Saga: Hellblade 2
  • Luigi's Mansion 2 HD
  • FFXIV: Dawntrail
  • Star Wars Outlaws
  • Mario vs Donkey Kong
  • Visions of Mana
  • Destiny 2: The Final Shape
  • Alan Wake 2: Night Springs DLC
  • Shin Megami Tensei V: Vengeance
  • Unicorn Overlord
  • V Rising
  • Sons of the Forest
  • Banishers: Ghosts of New Eden
  • Pacific Drive
  • Alone In The Dark
  • Animal Well
  • Balatro
  • Enshrouded
  • Another Crab's Treasure
  • Princess Peach Showtime!
  • The First Descendant
  • No Rest for the Wicked (early access)
  • Manor Lords (Game Preview)
  • Granblue Fantasy Relink
  • The Outlast Trials
  • Last Epoch
  • WoW: The War Within
  • Sand Land
  • Enotria: The Last Song
  • NBA 2K25
Source
not wukong?

(yes that is joke)

Lol, I mean I am not the only one with that opinion,you can understand now ?,
🤣🤣🤣
And there's more than one person believing in a flat earth and lizard overlords... Doesn't make it any less retarded, though
Oh well, you go on have fun with your paranoid fantasies.

Last edited:
Top Bottom