• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fantasy Life |OT| Living the American Dream

ShadowOwl

Hey, got a question concerning the DLC:
Does the DLC include content available right from the start other than the character customization options (such as the new pets)?
Anyone? :p Come on, I've gotta decide if I'm going to get the DLC before I go bed! My dreams depend on this!

Robin64

Hello!

zlCfzSerAhgT7vcjRh

Anyone? :p Come on, I've gotta decide if I'm going to get the DLC before I go bed! My dreams depend on this!

Haven't been able to tell yet myself. Not even sure when you get a pet, heh.

Chaos17

There's a LOT of extra customisation stuff with the DLC. It at least doubles the hairstyles and adds some crazy things, such as hair that resembles cat ears and fox tails as well as just fancier styles and then styles key NPCs have.
Damn, I'm curiois now~

From the first post : it say that the DLC add bird and dragons.

So checked through hairstyles only counted 48 (male side which I guess shares with female hair styles) styles without DLC with adds 72 different hairstyles, adds NPC's hairstyles as well it seems.

And holy crap it's 2 blocks so it was already in the game >__< why couldn't they make a compatibility pack!?!

ShadowOwl

So checked through hairstyles only counted 48 (male side which I guess shares with female hair styles) styles without DLC with adds 72 different hairstyles, adds NPC's hairstyles as well it seems.
120 hairstyles in total? Seriously? I guess I can expect at least twice the time for my next character creation...

Chaos17

It's one of the first thing you can get in exchange for bliss.

I can't tell you beause I only met the dog and cat vendor also I don't have the DLC.
So I bought a dogy but kinda regret it beause it kinda attack anything on sight and I don't see any option to customize the AI -.-'

And holy crap it's 2 blocks so it was already in the game >__< why couldn't they make a compatibility pack!?!
Curse it, if the hairstyler wasn't that far from the town I will have probably purchased it now.
I wonder if friends will be able to use my hairstyler like in Animal crossing...

Kouriozan

You can change your appearance in the Origin Island town for 150k, so even if you don't buy the DLC before creating a character you will be able to change your eyes/mouth/etc.
If you just want to change haistyle, you can buy it with bliss.

flowsnake

I don't think I'll feel the need to change my Life from Angler for a while.

It makes me wonder what playing as a combat class is like, since you can still fight enemies as a gatherer or crafter but also have your extra activities.

Kouriozan

I needed to check something before I go to sleep.
I said there was 18 attack skill for Hunter, now there is 23 with the DLC.
Magician got a lot of new spells too. I knew the DLC adds 3 ranks for the jobs, but wasn't sure about the abilities.

You can check what will learn a job in the licence menu, then press X to switch pages.
And now I'm even more hyped to play more :lol

Chaos17

I needed to check something before I go to sleep.
I said there was 18 attack skill for Hunter, now there is 23 with the DLC.
Magician got a lot of new spells too. I knew the DLC adds 3 ranks for the jobs, but wasn't sure about the abilities.

You can check what will learn a job in the licence menu, then press X to switch pages.
And now I'm even more hyped to play more :lol

Ok, I will buy the DLC after I sleep XD

Lexxism

*Be advised that it is not possible to advance the main story in multiplayer and those who have the DLC cannot play or streetpass with those who don't.*

Hmmm. So I can't play online with anyone who don't have the DLC? Is that correct?

Kinsei

Banned

So it really is on cart. There is absolutely no reason for them to separate people who have and have not downloaded the DLC other than trying to milk more money out of people.

Has there ever been a game with on disc/cart dlc that adds this much content?

Chaos17

So it really is on cart. There is absolutely no reason for them to separate people who have and have not downloaded the DLC other than trying to milk more money out of people.

Has there ever been a game with on disc/cart dlc that adds this much content?

Are we going through this again ?

Kinsei

Banned
Are we going through this again ?

My question was genuine. I was actually wondering whether or not there has been a game with the same amount or more locked content than this one. I figured this would be the best place to ask rather than creating a new thread or necro-bumping the DLC thread.

Meffer

My question was genuine. I was actually wondering whether or not there has been a game with the same amount or more locked content than this one. I figured this would be the best place to ask rather than creating a new thread or necro-bumping the DLC thread.

MH3U I think. But it's free.

quabba

Well the DLC situation is pretty disappointing, but I have to imagine the development process for this game has been unusual and long so there may be technical reasons for it to be.... nope stop it still doesn't justify it.

If business reasons meant we got it this way or not at all glad we got it and will pay anyway.

In Aus the cost of getting the game from target and buying the dlc is pretty much the same as buying the game from the eshop.

Velcro Fly

How substantial is the DLC stuff?

And I'm honestly not shocked it's on the cart since it's been out in Japan for 1.5 years.

Even if I have to play things single player I'm definitely buying the DLC. I normally hate relying on people in games for things. I feel bad asking for help and I normally prefer to play alone unless I really know you.

So the extra customization options and pet birds are available right from the start when you buy the DLC right?

You don't have to clear the game, correct? (That should be for the actual Origin Island only.)

MicH

So the extra customization options and pet birds are available right from the start when you buy the DLC right?

You don't have to clear the game, correct? (That should be for the actual Origin Island only.)
Customization, yes. Not sure about the extra pets

Conan-san

Crap, I only wanted to do a few levels in Alchemy so I wasn't burnning though my Zenny buying potions and, they've really made doing the Alchemy stuff fun.

I wonder if this wasn't what L5 was trying to get though to S-E when they were trying to make DQ9 an action RPG?

So I'm not quite sure I get the combat in this game, is there only one usable skill at any point(which appears to be swappable, is that whenever, only in town?). Better yet, are there any high level combat videos?

MicH

Been playing for a couple of hours. I'm now level 7 and I'm still an Angler (reached Apprentice rank). I think I'm gonna switch to Cook soon to take advantage of all the fishies I've caught. I have to say though... going past all those minerals/ore rocks and not being able to mine them hurts :p

Meffer

Crap, I only wanted to do a few levels in Alchemy so I wasn't burnning though my Zenny buying potions and, they've really made doing the Alchemy stuff fun.

I wonder if this wasn't what L5 was trying to get though to S-E when they were trying to make DQ9 an action RPG?
Well when they revealed DQ9 for the first time, the battle system was very much like FL's but fan backlash is so bad they changed it back to turn based battles. It's likely they took the idea from the earlier version of DQ9 and brought it to FL. I wouldn't be surprised.

Robin64

Made a Woodcutter, cut down lots of trees, even killed some enemies.

Game is tedious and there's no story, 6/10.

Woops, sorry. I don't know what came over me.

Game is charming and wonderful! My little Woodcutter tackles those trees with gusto. I love that they have a critical hit spot and you can finish them when on low health with a huge attack to get bonus items! Plus, so far, he's been able to look after himself with his trusty dagger. Thought I'd be sneaking past all the enemies but nah, stabby time.

Maiar_m

So far my mine gripe with the game is that running consommes SP. This is a vast map and there's nothing more annoying than having to walk through it. Even though it's beautiful.

Maiar_m

Yep I'm leveling up dashing first and foremost, but still. Oh, and the map isn't the most useful of maps (not the in-zone map, the other one).

I just thought I'd balance my complete enthusiasm for the game with a bit of nitpicking 8) Let's carry on cutting some trees, shall we?

Got confirmation from someone on GameFAQs that the pet birds are indeed available when they should be. Excellent. :)

So as I surmised, the DLC isn't all locked away until after you beat the game, just Origin Island itself, and all aspects related to that. (ie. The pet dragons.) Nintendo really could of done a better job of explaining this.

daydream

Banned
Oh man, everybody's playing. Awesome! I was too tired to go on yesterday, lol.

So, you get new customisation options right off the bat, yes? But not the rest (like pets)? I'm buying the DLC later today. Edit: Ah, that clarifies that, thanks Hours.

Here's my FC btw: 5043-1159-2527 - Let me know if you add me!

Top Bottom