• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fantasy Life |OT| Living the American Dream

Robin64

Yep I'm leveling up dashing first and foremost, but still. Oh, and the map isn't the most useful of maps (not the in-zone map, the other one).

I just thought I'd balance my complete enthusiasm for the game with a bit of nitpicking 8) Let's carry on cutting some trees, shall we?

Ah, yeah, I have some nitpicks too.

Damn bag space! Even when upgraded!

So, you get new customisation options right off the bat, yes? But not the rest (like pets)? I'm buying the DLC later today.

You get the birds too, just dragons are exclusive to Origin Island.

Oh man, everybody's playing. Awesome! I was too tired to go on yesterday, lol.

So, you get new customisation options right off the bat, yes? But not the rest (like pets)? I'm buying the DLC later today. Edit: Ah, that clarifies that, thanks Hours.
No problem. There's still some researching to be done, but I'm glad things like the birds and the extra customization parts aren't arbitrarily locked away until post game, as that would make no sense. Next we need someone with knowledge of both version to check on stuff like the Friendship System, and the new items, ranks, decor, etc.

The pet dragons and the island itself of course will still have to wait to be unlocked post-game, as they should be.

Robin64

Ooh, this is a feeling I haven't felt in a while. I'm at work right now and wish I was at home so I could be playing this. I missed that! (Destiny never gave me it, such a letdown)

MicH

Yeah, I accidentally hit a few bounties as well, though I didn't smash them thankfully. They're not always super easy to transport to a bounty clerk :lol

ShadowOwl

Okay, got the DLC now. I'm not at all surprised that all the content is already on the card considering the EU/US release of FL is basicly FL Link! with disabled features.

What I don't like is the fact that Level 5 didn't care to make both game variants compatible with each other. But hey, this way we were going the DLC right away... money money money!

Kouriozan

My first ever bounty was that big gem in the first cave.

EDIT : did you know you can teleport outside/inside the town with a guard, even with bounties?

Linius

sn4pjRI.jpg

So, just a little over 3,5 hours of fun as a paladin now. I get the feeling the story progresses everytime you do the bliss stuff for Flutter. Just got done with Lunar something part 1. But now it's time to start a new life, thinking about angler, miner or woodcutter. Sadly I need to work first so tonight it is then.

Will look into the DLC this weekend.

daydream

Banned
I'll go out to get some eShop credit in an hour or so. Think I'm gonna start over just in case one of the new customisaton options appeals to me.

Wish you could just buy eShop codes off of Amazon..

Linius

I'm not gonna bother starting over again. I like how my guy looks. And if I want to change him later I'll just pay up the dosh. I've got a feeling that once we're into this game tens of hours we'll be swimming in dosh.

daydream

Banned
Btw I need to say that I really like the title screen. I don't know why but I love the white background, haha.

I'm not gonna bother starting over again. I like how my guy looks. And if I want to change him later I'll just pay up the dosh. I've got a feeling that once we're into this game tens of hours we'll be swimming in dosh.

Well, I wouldn't be starting over if I had put 3 hours in like you.

I just did some of the beginning portion yesterday, was dead tired to begin with and then the game laid its serene soundtrack on me.. :p

Gambit

Yes !

My local Saturn had it for 35€ , 8€ for the Link DLC isn't all that bad.

"Call him MiniMe"

which Saturn, out of curiosity? country?

Going to university now and will probably buy it at a store. If the Austrian version has no ugly German USK sign on it, I will buy physical, if it does I will buy digital.

Kuntz

The French translation makes me feel like a 7 year old.
It's like reading a stupid children's book.
Are the other languages like this too?

I'm going to a Saturn later to pick up eShop credit. I swear if it's 35€ there.. :X (Since when do they do discounts on release day, mrgrgr.)

It was pretty weird, only the first ...like.... 9 copies were 35€, the rest was the usual 39,99 € .:O

Edit:I'm on mobile right now so I can't edit my post properly.

Yeah, it is a german Saturn.

Linius

These German logos are the worst.

Also, Saturn in The Netherlands does release day discounts all the time (just like Media Markt). Usually if you buy a game in the first week it's cheaper than buying it later because prices will go up with 5 euros after the first week. I've been noticing that with a lot of popular 3DS games like Pokémon en MK7. 35 euros first week, then back to 40 euros.

I'll get some E-Shop credit at my local supermarket before I go to work. I'm glad I can buy those credits five minutes from my house. I sadly have no creditcard.

scamander

Banned
I'm going to a Saturn later to pick up eShop credit. I swear if it's 35€ there.. :X (Since when do they do discounts on release day, mrgrgr.)

My Saturn sells it for 40€, but it will be most likely available for 32€ from Müller on Sunday. I'll buy it then although I won't have time to play it until at least early December. :'(

daydream

Banned
I've bought games on release day all the time from Saturn and haven't encountered any of these discounts. Damnit. :(

My Saturn sells it for 40€, but it will be most likely available for 32€ from Müller on Sunday. I'll buy it then although I won't have time to play it until at least early December. :'(

32€, nice. :(

ShadowOwl

Well, I have accepted all kinds of quests now but I'm not even sure if I can solve them all with my current job as paladin... lol.

Laconic

Banned
As much as I might want to hate on our UK bretheren for having this game early, given the state of all previous things Atlus and RF4, I simply cannot muster up the hypocrisy.

So congratulations... you lucky bastards.

Lucifon

Is the dlc worth it? It says you need to be max level but people in here seem to be talking about buying it already?

ShadowOwl

Is the dlc worth it? It says you need to be max level but people in here seem to be talking about buying it already?
New character customization options are available right form the start, it was reported that the new bird pets are also available before you finish the story.

Chaos17

Some quests are totally random ? Me and my friend planned to do quest together but we kinda had like 5 or 7 different quests o.o'

MicH

So I played a bit as a Cook today (started as an angler). Not very hard work (hardest thing to do is to find the ingredients), but still fun as you try do it as quickly as you possibly can while nailing everything. Made a bunch of dishes so I will have enough food to replenish my HP in battles :lol

I really like Angler -> Cook. Take advantage of all those fish!

Lanrutcon

Level 11 Hunter/Tailor here. Loving this shit! How do I play with you folks? Is there a list somewhere or do I just slap my FC down here?

DagsJT

Literally just started as a wizard, not even been to see the king, but I'm thinking i should've went for a cook or something different.

Kouriozan

I have now the Mega Bag (the 500 one), maybe picking the shop upgrade they'll start to sell level 2 tools, going to try that next time.

Chaos17

My day in Fatnasy Life just begun.
I gathered all the ressources around the town, craft and report to my master XD

zlCfzSey0LQ4THi_FP

It's Life craft world, lol.

Linius

Bought 15 euros eshop credit on my way to work. Now I'm just working and thinking about what I wanna do in this game lol

After angler I'll do some cooking. And then I wanna mine and smith. More lifes than a cat is hard work!

Linius

I'm actually glad I went with paladin on accident. I feel safer strolling around with something basic fighting skills.

Top Bottom