• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fantasy Life |OT| Living the American Dream

solidarity

Neo Member
Can't wait for the NA release! Is the gameplay sort of like Animal Crossing where you do a few things each day until you hit a time wall or can you just play for hours straight and finish everything?

Linius

Can't wait for the NA release! Is the gameplay sort of like Animal Crossing where you do a few things each day until you hit a time wall or can you just play for hours straight and finish everything?

Nope, you can just go on for hours and hours. There's no real time cycle.

Below your attic house, she runs an estate agency there, you can see Level-5 made her "loveable" so she doesn't become another Nook ;P

Oooh, now I feel dumb for asking. It was too obvious :lol

Kouriozan

Rank 4 of Magician get! (Counting the one you get at the tutorial, it's called initiate in French)
So I got my first "Limitbreak" falling star :lol

Will play more tomorrow.

daydream

Banned
I think Mekere is the only one in my friendslist currently playing this so the Link option is kinda empty for me at the moment :p

Added you! My FC: 5043-1159-2527

Pretty sure I have a lot of FL-GAF already (I know I have Robin, Kourio, Samurai and Mich) but if somebody wants to add me, please feel free! Just let me know here or via PM.

Man, (real) life really got in the way today, I'll start digging into it come tomorrow.

Robin64

Added you! My FC: 5043-1159-2527

Pretty sure I have a lot of FL-GAF already (I know I have Robin, Kourio, Samurai and Mich) but if somebody wants to add me, please feel free! Just let me know here or via PM.

Man, (real) life really got in the way today, I'll start digging into it come tomorrow.

On Wii U I think, not on 3DS though. Registered you and it's still awaiting your end apparently.

4897-5919-3656

MicH

Just got my new pet bird! Yesssssss! Now it's time for him to join me in my battles!

I changed my Life to Miner and it's okay so far. Feels good to get all those ores and gems! I feel like Angler and Miner are really good to have early on so you can grab ores and fish as you go

Chaos17

zlCfzSe1h8sTv3R-o4

Just finished exploring some caves and I gone back to snow mount mountain.
I can say that bosses do not joke around if you're not the right levels, lol.

Gloam

What's the story with progressing the story along? At the moment my objective is to explore, am I waiting for something to happen in particular?

MicH

zlCfzSe1h8sTv3R-o4

Just finished exploring some caves and I gone back to snow mount mountain.
I can say that bosses do not joke around if you're not the right levels, lol.
I don't have a combat Life yet, and I have honestly struggled about with just some regular enemies! I think I'm gonna go Magician next as I need that extra power instead of only having my bronze dagger :lol

What's the story with progressing the story along? At the moment my objective is to explore, am I waiting for something to happen in particular?
Did you complete all of Flutter's quests? You need to do that to progress in the story

Kouriozan

You gotta do Flutter (?), the butterfly, quest.
Then you go at home and you'll get a notification about doing a story quest.

Chaos17

I don't have a combat Life yet, and I have honestly struggled about with just some regular enemies! I think I'm gonna go Magician next as I need that extra power instead of only having my bronze dagger :lol

Did you complete all of Flutter's quests? You need to do that to progress in the story
I don't recommand mages otherwise you will need a pet to tank for you at low level because you're really weak to physical attacks, lol.

Velcro Fly

i love going for the beefy melee attacker first in any rpg so i think i'll do that.

ugh i can't believe still a month to wait. smash next week will make it better though

flowsnake

I was going to switch off the game, but then I noticed...there are boss fish?

zlCfzSe2kYEWRKx3f_

I wonder if the fishing gets more involved later, it's more time consuming even for "difficult" fish than anything, if you're paying attention.

Meffer

I was going to switch off the game, but then I noticed...there are boss fish?

zlCfzSe2kYEWRKx3f_

I wonder if the fishing gets more involved later, it's more time consuming even for "difficult" fish than anything, if you're paying attention.
Yes there are "bosses" for all the Lives. Boss fish, boss trees and ores. There the even boss items to craft and the music will be different when you craft them.

MicH

Yes there are "bosses" for all the Lives. Boss fish, boss trees and ores. There the even boss items to craft and the music will be different when you craft them.
Oh yeah, as a cook I got a high-level dish and the boss music played when I started preparing it. I love this game

ramyeon

Okay, I caved and bought this... Is there any generally accepted "best" first life to go with? And is there any downside to changing your life frequently whenever you need to mine/fish/whatever?

MicH

Okay, I caved and bought this... Is there any generally accepted "best" first life to go with? And is there any downside to changing your life frequently whenever you need to mine/fish/whatever?
I don't think there's a preferred starting Life; go with what you feel like :)
There's no downside to switching Lives often. You can use all the skills you learn on all your Lives. So if you have learnt the Fishing skill you don't have to be an Angler to fish - you can be whatever. There are some bonuses of, for example, fishing when in the Angler Life as fish will appear more frequently than other in Lives

ramyeon

I don't think there's a preferred starting Life; go with what you feel like :)
There's no downside to switching Lives often. You can use all the skills you learn on all your Lives. So if you have learnt the Fishing skill you don't have to be an Angler to fish - you can be whatever. There are some bonuses of, for example, fishing when in the Angler Life as fish will appear more frequently than other in Lives
Oh that's great, didn't realise that once skills are learned you can keep them in other Lives too. That certainly makes things easier!

Kind of tempting to start as a Tailor to make sweet clothes as soon as possible :x

MicH

Oh that's great, didn't realise that once skills are learned you can keep them in other Lives too. That certainly makes things easier!

Kind of tempting to start as a Tailor to make sweet clothes as soon as possible :x
Yeah it's so nice! I can wander around as a Magician fighting monsters while still catching the fish I see and mining the rocks and ores :D

ShadowOwl

DquMrSy.jpg

Had a lot of fun today and was just playing locally with a friend. Sadly her game froze shortly after we defeated a Lava Golem. -_- I really hope this isn't going to happen again, she lost quite some XP and loot.

Gonna be playing my copy in a few hours! :D Finally!

Its a shame about the DLC thing, I'm betting almost no one I ever Streetpass with here in NZ will get the DLC too (other than my family) so I don't think I'll be getting many hits.

ramyeon

Hmm tried talking to the person in the Guild Office to unlock the screenshot feature and they just say that things aren't set up yet. Do I need to progress to a certain point to do it?

Hmm tried talking to the person in the Guild Office to unlock the screenshot feature and they just say that things aren't set up yet. Do I need to progress to a certain point to do it?

Yeah I think probably somewhere between the tutorial for your job and after completing it, should also let you activate streetpass/multiplayer/link mode, if not continue the story a bit more then go back to her.

Top Bottom