• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fantasy Life |OT| Living the American Dream

Grizzo

Hold on a second, do I need to re-add people to play with them? Because I think I already have some of you guys from the Animal Crossing New Leaf thread last year!

In any case, here's my friend code, if anybody wants to add me:

3179 - 6555 - 9880

t0eb.jpg

Right there!

Also, there's another bounty office in the west grassy plains. And probably more if you keep exploring.

Ooh you can have several following you =O, annoyed my elder oak bounty being killed by a bear =(

ATM I'm doing all the jobs so I can use whatever when I'm in multiplayer and can't change classes.

Robin64

Great :D so it seems rerolling is largely pointless? Especially considering you can change your appearance later too.

Can you reset your stats?

A DLC item is set to be released called The Demon Mirror, which allows to reset your stats at any time in your room.

In the base game though? No clue!

Linius

Oh sorry, I made THAT typo again, it's 2363 5620 4489, fixed my initial post too.

Cheers, I'll put you in link right away before I head out.

Btw, adding your FC to your profile is quite easy too, if you make sure not to make the error :p

EDIT

off to do some grocerie shopping. Plan for today is to finish my last few angler tasks I wanted to do to rank up. And then go miner -> woodcutter -> blacksmith. That way I should be able to get most resources and finally craft some worthy gear. Also, there are a few folks asking me for stuff like a bronze shield and an iron hammer for pretty good dosh.

moozoom

Does anybody know if (and when) they will give codes to unlock special costumes and furniture ? That seems to be the only use for the post office.

The japanese version had many cool items unlocked that way.

Lanrutcon

Level 23 Expert Hunter here. FC in my profile, lemme know if you added me. I'm an Expert Blacksmith, Adept Carpenter/Tailer/Woodcutter/Miner for what it's worth.

I'm currently looking for Hughes and can't find the man :/

Does anybody know if (and when) they will give codes to unlock special costumes and furniture ? That seems to be the only use for the post office.

The japanese version had many cool items unlocked that way.

The password probably be given out on Nintendo Europe's Facebook and twitters later on, will post it here if I see them or someone else here will.
Level 23 Expert Hunter here. FC in my profile, lemme know if you added me. I'm an Expert Blacksmith, Adept Carpenter/Tailer/Woodcutter/Miner for what it's worth.

I'm currently looking for Hughes and can't find the man :/
Here's not at the castle?
It's slow and you can't make big sentence but oh well :p
Yeah better than nothing at least

Lanrutcon

The password probably be given out on Nintendo Europe's Facebook and twitters later on, will post it here if I see them or someone else here will.

Here's not at the castle?

Yeah better than nothing at least

You sir, are a life saver.

Now finally I can get to somewhere with sugar trees. Carpentry is rough, yo.

ramyeon

Anyone know where I can find Killer Bunny in the West Plains? It's one of the Apprentice Hunter challenges.

Edit: Just noticed it's only at night. Damn, gotta wait for night for the last two challenges I have haha.

Kouriozan

Anyone know where I can find Killer Bunny in the West Plains? It's one of the Apprentice Hunter challenges.

Edit: Just noticed it's only at night. Damn, gotta wait for night for the last two challenges I have haha.

Or you can sleep, there is 2 options, one to wake up at night (maybe nap) and one for the morning (sleep)

ramyeon

Yeah, found a few of them at night and they were pushovers :D levelled up Hunter to Adept and about a quarter of the way to Expert! Now I'm at that point where most of the challenges for Expert are locked behind areas I can't go to yet so I'll probably change Life again and go for Woodcutter or something.

Linius

You're going fast man. How many hours are you in at the moment? I'm pretty much at eight hours now (minus five minutes). I'm an apprentice angler and paladin. But I'm close to upgrading both.

If anyone could point me out where to find the applefish though I would be forever grateful.

ramyeon

You're going fast man. How many hours are you in at the moment? I'm pretty much at eight hours now (minus five minutes). I'm an apprentice angler and paladin. But I'm close to upgrading both.

If anyone could point me out where to find the applefish though I would be forever grateful.
I'm at around 9:30 now. Adept Miner, Angler and Hunter and Apprentice Tailor and Blacksmith. Actually not far off getting Adept for Blacksmith so I should probably level that up a bit.

The Applefish are always near Apple trees. There's an apple tree next to a pond in the eastern side of the Plains where I found mine. Might not appear right away, though it didn't seem too rare to me.

Edit:

Here's the spot. If you go up the dirt hill towards Snowpeak but then go down the next hill to the right (Past the Ore spots) you'll find it.

zlCfzSfBhk0gfyulef

zlCfzSfBcMsT4GvVIb

Lucifon

How do you get your pet to join your party? I've gone to my home where he is but there's no option to recruit him.

Linius

I'm at around 9:30 now. Adept Miner, Angler and Hunter and Apprentice Tailor and Blacksmith. Actually not far off getting Adept for Blacksmith so I should probably level that up a bit.

The Applefish are always near Apple trees. There's an apple tree next to a pond in the eastern side of the Plains where I found mine. Might not appear right away, though it didn't seem too rare to me.

Edit:

Here's the spot. If you go up the dirt hill towards Snowpeak but then go down the next hill to the right (Past the Ore spots) you'll find it.

zlCfzSfBhk0gfyulef

zlCfzSfBcMsT4GvVIb

Awesome, first fish I caught was one :D

Btw, I have to slay some dragon mustards. Anyone knows which ones those are?

ramyeon

Awesome, first fish I caught was one :D

Btw, I have to slay some dragon mustards. Anyone knows which ones those are?
They're in the East Plains, but I can't really describe what they look like and I couldn't find any to take a shot of :/ they sometimes spawn in the same place as those Carrot monsters but they seem to be a bit uncommon.
Ah must be because I'm on a quest! Thanks :)
Oh yeah, you unfortunately can't take pets on any story related quests :(

Does anyone know what you have to do to be able to buy a horse? When I first rented one the stable owner mentioned buying one later on.

Linius

It's time for a short break. This is the first time since Animal Crossing a game got me so addicted.

izm5M2VnrrYxv.JPG
iQ4VahHks2hK0.JPG

On the left my way of protecting my bounty's. I just drop them at a paladin post. And on the right I'm fishing with my big bird buddy. I dunno what's up with him flying around all the time when I'm fishing for eels.

Gonna do Lunares Part 2 when I continue. I accidently started it and now I can't report my Paladin quests to rank up. When I'm done with that I report to captain Mustache and then I can finally begin a new life. Probably mining then.

Lucifon

How is it you get bounties to defeat boss enemies? My hunter guide told me and I've completely forgot what she said :( information overload

Linius

The bigger enemies leave behind a crate (the ones from the screenshot). If you bring those to the guild office you get a reward. For me it's been between 250 and 750 dosh so far depending on which kind of enemy I bring in.

Robin64

By the way, if you want some early gear, go into places it might not seem have any use. Found a pair of Harry Potter style specs in the play house, good for Magicians.

Linius

By the way, if you want some early gear, go into places it might not seem have any use. Found a pair of Harry Potter style specs in the play house, good for Magicians.

I randomly found two pair of those. Sold one of them, I think it was worth 900 dosh or something. Also found a staff and a bow in the western grassy plains. And two snake helmets. There's plenty of loot lying around if you look out for it.

It sucks a bit that I'm not quite clear yet on what items I can sell and what items are usefull for other things. Only thing I'm really certain about are those copper and silver pots. Wish there was a guide about this game, would surely buy it. Luckily it's rather easy to get into, but still it's a complete new franchise and there's so much stuff.

I basically sell any duplicates I have and if I've made a Great/Top quality item of whichever cause they have better stats.

Realised that in those crafting minigames if you get "Great" in each section will give you Great/Top quality if you get a "Nice" it'll be a Good/Great quality but time also counts into it, I tend to get better than normal crafted items when I have more than 20s left in time.

MicH

I hate being stuck at work :( I'll add a many as possible once I get home :)

I'm about 10 hours in have an Apprentice Angler and Cook Life as well as a Fledging Miner and Magician Life. I don't know if I really want to go down the Magician route though. Some of the physical classes are appealing to me about more

I hate being stuck at work :( I'll add a many as possible once I get home :)

I'm about 10 hours in have an Apprentice Angler and Cook Life as well as a Fledging Miner and Magician Life. I don't know if I really want to go down the Magician route though. Some of the physical classes are appealing to me about more

Do the training and then swap class, unlock being able to equip/use staffs/swords/bows etc then choose whatever class you like to remain in and get better skills, that's what I've been doing. I gotta finish Paladin training and then Magician, and I have everything basic I can do and explore lol, wasn't fun seeing fish and trees I could've worked on but didn't have the ability lol.

Oxx

I'll jump in after I've finished Luigi's Mansion 2. I'm trying to be thorough these days.

I don't have wifi at the moment, so I might miss out on some things if I start now.

Top Bottom