• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fantasy Life |OT| Living the American Dream

daydream

Banned
Scrolling through the Miiverse community, I see quite a few familiar faces, heh.

Hopefully I'll have caught up by tomorrow.

Oh wait, are you saying you had stutters? Because I had something like that when playing whilst charging.

Nah nothing like that, just that I keep saying I'll take a break after finishing a task only to start something else and there isn't the possibility of the battery running out to save me.

zlCfzSfEd6gAQcs04X

I wasn't sure that starting as a crafting class was a good idea at first, but I ended up swimming in dosh in no time at all. I'm playing a combination of Blacksmith, Mercenary and Miner now, they complement eachother well.

Linius

Almost level 15 and 10 hours and 20 minutes of play time now. Did very little of the story so far. Time for dinner and a game of football. More exploring tonight.

Kouriozan

I did part 3 this morning so I should have the desert aera unlocked.
But I need dosh to buy houses for fast teleport. >.<

Make some dosh, as the King said.

Edit : my character :

cs7WPyr.jpg

-GJ-

Wanted to pick this up today, so I went to the biggest videogame retailer in Holland (Gamemania) and they didn't have it. So I went to the biggest electronics retailer (Mediamarkt) and they also didn't have it. My next step was the biggest toy chain (Intertoys) and they also didn't sell the game.

What's going on, Nintendo? The stores don't even have dummy boxes on the shelves like they use to have when a game is sold out. Why is it so hard to find a physical copy of this game in a retail store?

I had to order it online, so now I won't be able to play it until monday or tuesday, so that sucks since I wanted to play it tomorrow, but oh well.

Robin64

I had to order it online, so now I won't be able to play it until monday or tuesday, so that sucks since I wanted to play it tomorrow, but oh well.

You could order digitally from GAME and have it right away, if you weren't too bothered about having a cart.

-GJ-

You could order digitally from GAME and have it right away, if you weren't too bothered about having a cart.

That's the problem; I like to have physical copies of my games. That and my 32 GB SD card is almost full. I still have Hyrule Warriors though, so it isn't that big of a problem, but I found it odd that the game is nowhere to be found in my city. Went to some smaller shops as well and they also didn't have it in stock.

hiro4

Can codes gotten from Game UK (I presume) be used on a 3DS with a Dutch eShop account? I thought that that was not possible.

Or is that only or eShop money cards?

Linius

Wanted to pick this up today, so I went to the biggest videogame retailer in Holland (Gamemania) and they didn't have it. So I went to the biggest electronics retailer (Mediamarkt) and they also didn't have it. My next step was the biggest toy chain (Intertoys) and they also didn't sell the game.

What's going on, Nintendo? The stores don't even have dummy boxes on the shelves like they use to have when a game is sold out. Why is it so hard to find a physical copy of this game in a retail store?

Bought mine at Gamemania in Almere and someone else in the thread at Gamemania in Maastricht. Maybe it's just your area? Seems strange those three don't sell it.

Can codes gotten from Game UK (I presume) be used on a 3DS with a Dutch eShop account? I thought that that was not possible.

Or is that only or eShop money cards?

They work. They're Euro codes, not just UK.

-GJ-

Bought mine at Gamemania in Almere and someone else in the thread at Gamemania in Maastricht. Maybe it's just your area? Seems strange those three don't sell it.

I live in Assen, and they had zero copies. Very strange. When Hyrule Warriors came out they only got 3 copies and they didn't have mine even though I pre-ordered. I'm not too fond of their stores (they are like the Dutch Gamestop), but they carry Fantasy Life for the best price and it's near my house.

But yeah, if everything goes according to plan I can join in on the fun on monday or tuesday :). Is it recommended to buy the DLC beforehand just for the extra haircuts and stuff?

edit: I must add that I didn't pre-order the game. So maybe they only received the pre-ordered amount of copies just like when Bravely Default came out?

Linius

I live in Assen, and they had zero copies. Very strange. When Hyrule Warriors came out they only got 3 copies and they didn't have mine even though I pre-ordered. I'm not too fond of their stores (they are like the Dutch Gamestop), but they carry Fantasy Life for the best price and it's near my house.

But yeah, if everything goes according to plan I can join in on the fun on monday or tuesday :). Is it recommended to buy the DLC beforehand just for the extra haircuts and stuff?

edit: I must add that I didn't pre-order the game. So maybe they only received the pre-ordered amount of copies just like when Bravely Default came out?

Didn't preorder myself. Walked in on thursday and they had three dummy cases already in the store :p

And yeah, if you're gonna get the DLC just buy it right away.

MicH

Alright. I added everyone who is posting in this thread (and had the game) who had their 3DS DC in their profile. Let me know if I missed any and I'll add :D

Chaos17

Can someone tell where can I find the milk in Pepin farm ?
That's the second quest for the milk fanatic in Castel

Edit : nvermind, the NPC wasn't accurate, the milk is on the eleite cow of the area....

Mekere

I bi-lifed Cook/Angler and I just became Master Angler! My teacher is throwing a party for me and... I'm cringing a bit at the song :p

Seriously... what the hell...

On an unrelated note, does anyone have found kiwis?

After Nature

Neo Member
Spent a couple of hours with the game. Started off as a miner and then changed life to a blacksmith. Been wondering if I should change to paladin or hunter now.
This game has really hooked me. Crazy cute athmosphere and cool features.
Going to add all of you who have posted your FC's here.

Edit: My FC 4012-4127-6116

daydream

Banned
Man, those 2 blocks sure made a difference.

Oh, I accidentally skipped the message that came up after the purchase. Something about lvl.45?

Really impressed with it so far and I've only really been doing Blacksmithing and the odd quest here and there, and have somehow managed to put 6 hours in already.

I've just picked up the Paladin life and I'm off out into the wild now.

After Nature

Neo Member
Hold on a second, do I need to re-add people to play with them? Because I think I already have some of you guys from the Animal Crossing New Leaf thread last year!

In any case, here's my friend code, if anybody wants to add me:

3179 - 6555 - 9880

Added. :)
My fc is in my profile.

I've also added MicH, Kouriozan, Samurai_Heart, Robin64, Linius and Ramyeon.
So if any of you would like to add me as well the whole Link mode thingy will work better on my end. :)

My fc is in my profile.

So if any of you would like to add me as well the whole Link mode thingy will work better on my end. :)
Will add you later, at least I know who's who with you XD (last in link mode) currently I've just added anyone on my friendlist in link mode that I vaguely know, gonna prune some for a bit cause most are NA folks. Then add them back on link mode when they get the game.

daydream

Banned
Ok, it's happening~. My guy is stoked:

vpRvrWq.jpg

Also, the name of my character is a super obscure reference that nobody will get.

daydream

Banned
Heh, those eyes and even a beak are customisation options (the latter comes with the DLC, pretty sure), so one could make a character that looks like AC Apollo in Fantasy Life. Not the reference, though. :p You kinda have to be somewhat well-versed in German poetry to get it.

weekev

Banned
Yeah boyee!

zlCfzSfFP7UR1GL5Mx

And then I shot the crate to death. :(
Oh man i just did the exact same thing. Clearly weve been conditioned by games like Zelda, that if you see a crate destroy it. Go back into town and THEN someone tells you to bring it. Oops.

MicH

Just did a ton of fishing. Finally found the eels and for the last fish I needed to become an Adept Angler... Except for the elusive Rainbow Trout :( I also came to lije the magic more and more! Explored the entirety of the West Pains and the thick forest are (Ever something). Need to check the caves on the mountain where the napdragon has its nest next

weekev

Banned
Heh, those eyes and even a beak are customisation options (the latter comes with the DLC, pretty sure), so one could make a character that looks like AC Apollo in Fantasy Life. Not the reference, though. :p You kinda have to be somewhat well-versed in German poetry to get it.
Apollos archaic torso?

Linius

My fc is in my profile.

Added you back. Hopefully I'm not missing anybody who added me.

On my side I think only Chaos17 didn't add me back yet. And don't forget that you have to manually link people for the link system to work :)

Just did a ton of fishing. Finally found the eels and for the last fish I needed to become an Adept Angler... Except for the elusive Rainbow Trout :( I also came to lije the magic more and more! Explored the entirety of the West Pains and the thick forest are (Ever something). Need to check the caves on the mountain where the napdragon has its nest next

Go to the Elder Wood and head left to the fishing water. I caught two Rainbow Trouts in a row there whilst still being on the first angler rank :p

Robin64

Or I speak German and love its poetry......

WHICH COULD IT BE.

Game is charming, but I need to eat and Doctor Who is on in 15 mins.

daydream

Banned
Or I speak German and love its poetry......

WHICH COULD IT BE.

Game is charming, but I need to eat and Doctor Who is on in 15 mins.

Sure you do. :p
I guess I don't really know, haha.

Speaking of charming, anyone mention the soundtrack, yet? I'm enjoying it a lot.

Top Bottom