• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fantasy Life |OT| Living the American Dream

MicH

Aren't you guys Google masters. :p Yeah, the last line of Rilke's poem goes "Du mußt dein Leben ändern." which translates into "You must change your life." so I went with Apollo. That's how my brain works apparently. :p

Apollo also just makes for a cool name on its own, of course.
That's a pretty cool reference!

After Nature

Neo Member
aGjD7FF.jpg

Edit: Can't seem to get the hang of this "uploading images correctly to neogaf from my 3ds"-shenanigans.
Edit 2: Yay. Pic of my guy in Fantasy Life.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
It's addicting. Don't know how I will find time for Hyrule Warriors, Bayonetta, Forza H2 and Evil Within next month...

great! that is exactly the reason why I postponed it. I've already receive hyrule, bayo, bayo2, and evil within preordered...wkth smash incoming... :D
but it will be mine for sure

After Nature

Neo Member
You put an imgur-link in the img-tags, not the link of the image itself. Just right click on the image, copy the image url and put that in the tags. :)

Thanks. Gonna try that.
Cool Rilke connection. My Gaf screen name is from Sebald's writings. Germany represent. :) (although I am actually from Sweden.)

MicH

Here's my character

urF0xy9.jpg

Yeah, basically no customization clothing wise, as I barely have any! :( And I am too cheap to buy any even though I have 20k Dosh :lol Oh man

weekev

Banned
Aren't you guys Google masters. :p Yeah, the last line of Rilke's poem goes "Du mußt dein Leben ändern." which translates into "You must change your life." so I went with Apollo. That's how my brain works apparently. :p

Apollo also just makes for a cool name on its own, of course.
Why learn stuff when smarter people have learnt it already. All hail Google!

weekev

Banned
Right so ive just started playing as Paladin. Can anyone tell me how to lightning attack? It says to use an x charged attack but it just raises my shield.

Linius

Right so ive just started playing as Paladin. Can anyone tell me how to lightning attack? It says to use an x charged attack but it just raises my shield.

You can't wear your shield doing that attack.

And lol, I've been playing and doing so much stuff before and during starting a story quest. I just checked in for my bliss finally after this quest and I can pick three bonusses right away.

weekev

Banned
You can't wear your shield doing that attack.

And lol, I've been playing and doing so much stuff before and during starting a story quest. I just checked in for my bliss finally after this quest and I can pick three bonusses right away.
Im still not doing story. Just playing through the challenges getting bliss and stars. Thanks for the help.

Honestly, I'd be careful with doing lots of side-quests, lesson learned after playing Xenoblade.

I'm gonna focus on the main story first, when I get the game in 27 days.

weekev

Banned
Honestly, I'd be careful with doing lots of side-quests, lesson learned after playing Xenoblade.

The townspeople are so convincing though. How could i be bothered going after the story when someone needs
a good quality bronze shield.

Side-quests are typically structured such that you keep them in the backlog, and when you arrive at the point where you could satisfy them, you do it.

daydream

Banned
Unlocked Link mode and added Mich, Linius and Kourio (since you guys are online atm). Just a heads-up in case one of you guys wants to test this with me and get free applause.

And the fat blue bear is down >:D

"Off with his head !"

Fake Edit: OMG, so THATS how you perform the stupid lightning strike (or whatever it´s called) ? ...mustache-guy should have given you another textbox. It´s not like they seem to be in short supply in FT.

Grizzo

Added. :)
My fc is in my profile.

I've also added MicH, Kouriozan, Samurai_Heart, Robin64, Linius and Ramyeon.
So if any of you would like to add me as well the whole Link mode thingy will work better on my end. :)

okay I've added you too! :D

Link mode is pretty funny, haha. :D

Still lost in this game, can I try the Link mode with one of you guys? I already have you on my Friend List daydreaming.

Though maybe I should upgrade my weapons first? I'm quite weak, only bought a bronze dagger to fend for myself, but monsters still deal high damage on me.

As for my career, I've been doing some tailoring and fishing and now I'm a cook.

daydream

Banned
Still lost in this game, can I try the Link mode with one of you guys? I already have you on my Friend List daydreaming.

Sure thing. :) I got you enabled on mine so go to Link mode > Friends > Options > Friend Settings to enable me, too. Oh, and obviously Link has to enabled (Options > Link Settings).

Also, I just put my stylus somewhere near me and can't find it, lol. Happens way too often.

Lusankya

How do I use lightning strike? I clicked through the tutorial and there's nothing in my mailbox to tell me.

You can see the all the specific commands when you look at your profession cards (I don't know the English ingame term for them).
Anyways, you do it by holding and releasing X while not having equipped a Shield in your off-hand.

Kouriozan

Finally expert Magician.
I was kinda stuck with only hard boss to beat but then thanks god we can do locked task.
Just gotta find what they are :lol

Kouriozan

Damn it Kourio fainted and I can't applause XP

Kourio, stop fainting so much! :p
Heh, sorry x)
Why would you want to applause that :lol

It was that fire boss at the end of the volcano cave, it does fire breath for multiple 20 damage or that explosion for 80/90.
I bringed some NPC but all died in one hit, it was brutal and gave up midway after 10 mins of fighting.

I shall get my revenge some day!

You can see the all the specific commands when you look at your profession cards (I don't know the English ingame term for them).
Anyways, you do it by holding and releasing X while not having equipped a Shield in your off-hand.

Ahhhhhh, you have to cycle through the panels, missed that and now feel like a plonker.

Cheers.

Linius

Heh, sorry x)

It was that fire boss at the end of the volcano cave, it does fire breath for multiple 20 damage or that explosion for 80/90.
I bringed some NPC but all died in one hit, it was brutal and gave up midway after 10 mins of fighting.

Sounds like the guy at the end of waterfall cave. I attacked him and then he hit me with multiple 20's in one blow. Yeaaah, later bye dude

Heh, sorry x)

Applaud for the balls to fight an enemy waay out of your league =P

Linius

The inhabitants of Castele are worst than my New Leaf villagers when it comes to requests. Especially the milk guy. He stands right next to the damn cows.

MicH

Holy shit, a T-REX just surprise attacked me! Oh god my heart! I didn't even see it until it came charging towards me!

Let me get the hell out of Snowpeak Summit :p (also couldn't catch a rare fish :()

ramyeon

It's a new day so time for more Fantasy Life! ( After Doctor Who). Hope I haven't fallen too far behind everyone with the different time zones :p

Grizzo

Sure thing. :) I got you enabled on mine so go to Link mode > Friends > Options > Friend Settings to enable me, too. Oh, and obviously Link has to enabled (Options > Link Settings).

Also, I just put my stylus somewhere near me and can't find it, lol. Happens way too often.

Alright so I finally got the link mode enabled (thanks for your explanations by the way, the game can get a little bit confusing with all these walls of text)! See you in the game!

I am just learning that this game in $7.99, now I'm incredibly hyped. Can't justify not buying a game like this for that price.

Samurai Heart is right, $7,99 is the DLC. The game is at $39,99 as usual.

MicH

Finally went and explored the Waterfall cave. So many gems!! I even took on a GIGANTIC ore rock and got myself a special stone! That was so cool (and quite hard!). Then I ran into a giant beast and had to flee and get out of there :lol I managed to get from Fledging Miner to Adept Miner :p

I really like being able to switch between magic and physical combat. I need to do one of the physical combat classes as my little dagger ain't cutting it so much more :p

Also yeah, that milk guy is creepy. He wants EXTRA creamy milk now.. Uhhh, okay

ramyeon

Woodcutter was super quick to level up! Got myself up to Adept and now I'll switch to Carpenter and level that up. Once I move on to the next town I'll end up doing this all over and getting everything up to Expert I guess haha.

Linius

Finally went and explored the Waterfall cave. So many gems!! I even took on a GIGANTIC ore rock and got myself a special stone! That was so cool (and quite hard!). Then I ran into a giant beast and had to flee and get out of there :lol I managed to get from Fledging Miner to Adept Miner :p

I really like being able to switch between magic and physical combat. I need to do one of the physical combat classes as my little dagger ain't cutting it so much more :p

Also yeah, that milk guy is creepy. He wants EXTRA creamy milk now.. Uhhh, okay

I just beat that golem at the end of the waterfall cave twice. I bought myself an Iron longsword. Being an adept paladin has it's advantages :D

EDIT

Leveling up mining went pretty quick too now it seems. Already an adept. Guess I'm gonna go with woodcutter now.

And even though I'm still enjoying all of it. I feel like it might get a bit tedious to clear out every area 12 times for all your different lives. On the other hand it would have been too easy if you could have done quests for the miner whilst being the angler I guess. I'll see how it goes.

Top Bottom