• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fantasy Life |OT| Living the American Dream

ramyeon

You dont think being sent on little quests by villagers who then give you items that you can make your house look nicer before upgrading to a bigger house and looking for places to mine/fish/chop trees is like Animal Crossing?

Edit never played rune factory, is it good?
Not really because Animal Crossing is more about customising your house and your relationships with the villagers. This is way more traditional RPG quest type stuff and the level of actual house customisation is pretty low.

Rune Factory's great.

weekev

Banned
Not really because Animal Crossing is more about customising your house and your relationships with the villagers. This is way more traditional RPG quest type stuff and the level of actual house customisation is pretty low.

Rune Factory's great.
Thats why i said Animal Crossing rpg. I feel like its captured the same charm that makes AC great but in an RPG game.

ramyeon

This cost an arm and a leg. Looks like I'll be stuck in the Workshops for awhile trying to recoup my Dosh :(

zlCfzSfPU6odpNpZdD

And I finally got my own ride! No more worrying about it running off when I dismount anymore :D

zlCfzSfPbh8AQYgCKa

Cerity

Went to buy this today.

Only copy I could find was at overpriced EB Games so I bought it online.

I hate how some game get such limited prints in Australia :\

Should have just asked them to pricematch. Target are doing it for $44, I couldn't find it at target (don't think they have any stock at my local or I was there too early and they hadn't put them on shelves yet), so just went to EB and got them to pricematch.

After Nature

Neo Member
The story do not really represent the progression of the game, I think it's more the classes'challenge that represent it because they kinda make "use/farm" each specif aera.

I'm level 26 and I did not yet go to second town because I wanted to clean all the challenges of my classes before moving on next town.

Ok. Thanks. Changed life to paladin to get some attack skills. I am an adept miner and adept blacksmith. Goal is to get paladin to at least adept and then try out the alchemist and magician.

After Nature

Neo Member
Got my first Expert rank Life!

zlCfzSfPwqUbOEK_lz

Feels good.

So, how many ranks are there per life? Novice, fledgling, apprentice, adept and expert? Or is there one more between adept and expert?

Btw, can anyone guide me to where the library is in castele? Can't find it and Flutter wants to go there.

ramyeon

So, how many ranks are there per life? Novice, fledgling, apprentice, adept and expert? Or is there one more between adept and expert?

Btw, can anyone guide me to where the library is in castele? Can't find it and Flutter wants to go there.
Yep that's right and then one after Expert (Master). Library is in the North East of town just before going into the castle, near the Goddess Fountain.

Chaos17

Ok. Thanks. Changed life to paladin to get some attack skills. I am an adept miner and adept blacksmith. Goal is to get paladin to at least adept and then try out the alchemist and magician.
Just moved to second zone and... you can feel tha tthe dev didn't put the same time in it like the first zone because I feel over powered *sad*
So imo, it's maybe not a good idea to clean all the classes chalenges of first area if you don't want to roll over the mobs in second zone.

Though maybe that's just an impression, since I just arrivec in the second zone.

ramyeon

Thanks. I'm heading for the library and then focusing in the paladin. I'll wait with the other lives until I open up the new areas.

I've added you three to my friend list on the 3ds for some Link mode.
Will add you too.

Second Expert Rank Life achieved! Paladin is by far the quickest & easiest to rank up I think... I didn't even realise I had reached Expert already.

zlCfzSfQhEwAB-3aCH

And the obligatory status screen shot of my character now. I refuse to use helmets since they make my character look silly :x Before I was rocking the Duelling outfit but then I noticed this Savage Armour almost doubles my Attack and Defence.

zlCfzSfQjWgO3hFeB1

Current Life statuses:
Paladin - Expert
Miner - Expert
Hunter - Adept
Blacksmith - Adept
Tailor - Adept
Angler - Adept
Woodcutter - Adept
Craftsman - Apprentice

I've pretty much ignored Merc, Magician, Cook and Alchemist... I guess I'll get to them eventually but my INT is pitiful... I don't think I've boosted it even once.
Leveling up mining went pretty quick too now it seems. Already an adept. Guess I'm gonna go with woodcutter now.

And even though I'm still enjoying all of it. I feel like it might get a bit tedious to clear out every area 12 times for all your different lives. On the other hand it would have been too easy if you could have done quests for the miner whilst being the angler I guess. I'll see how it goes.
Just saw this a few pages back, but you can do challenges even when in another Life as long as the challenge doesn't say specifically to be in that Life. Most of the generic Miner challenges can be done when in any Life, but some that require you to hand in Bounties need you to be a Miner. The Paladin stuff all seems to have to be done when in that Life too. It depends, but I think probably the majority of the Miner and Woodcutter challenges I do are when I'm in another Life.

Linius

Nice that's good to know. Btw, how did you get to buy your horse so quick into the game? I scrolled trough the text too fast at the stables the first time :p

ramyeon

Nice that's good to know. Btw, how did you get to buy your horse so quick into the game? I scrolled trough the text too fast at the stables the first time :p
Yeah me too haha. They did say we could buy one but it's actually a Bliss reward. Once you unlock the steeds for the other two towns it'll appear.

Kouriozan

Hmm, I'll wait until post game so I can reset my stat before leveling Hunter/Paladin/Mercenary.
Most of my points are in intelligence/vitality.

Linius

I have my points very equally divided because I plan on using a range of lifes for which I need all my stats to be okay. Though upping my strength a bit more doesn't seem a bad idea with heavy mining and stronger enemies on the way.

ramyeon

Pretty much all my stats are equally divided except INT which is still at like... 5 lol. I can always bring that up again a bit later on I guess.

Cerity

I've been keeping my stats unallocated, got something like 24 haha.

So far in I just haven't seen the need, I will once (if) I hit a wall though.

Linius

There are two things I'm totally slacking in btw. I never use my shield, still at level 1. And I hardly use my dagger, also level 1. I started as a paladin so I had the luxury of being able to use a sword from the beginning. So a dagger would have been just a downgrade.

Which Flutter quests need to be done to open up Snowpeak Mountain?
The last ones I did were to take her to some shops and now she wants to meet some of the people around town. Is it these or more after?

Tried connecting to Jo's game and just got errors. :(

Shame :(
I think I know when it was as my game kept trying to synchronise and failing. There were two of us and we had a couple of disconnection errors so definitely something up.

Lusankya

Just moved to second zone and... you can feel tha tthe dev didn't put the same time in it like the first zone because I feel over powered *sad*
So imo, it's maybe not a good idea to clean all the classes chalenges of first area if you don't want to roll over the mobs in second zone.

Though maybe that's just an impression, since I just arrivec in the second zone.

Well, that's just natural when you farm and grind the starting zone for hours and hours. Unless the devs implemented a system where the enemies scale with your level you will of course overpower them.

ramyeon

Well, that's just natural when you farm and grind the starting zone for hours and hours. Unless the devs implemented a system where the enemies scale with your level you will of course overpower them.
Yeah, being OP is a given considering how long a lot of us are spending in the first area alone. That said I'm okay with it. I'm enjoying exploring the world and grinding out the different job challenges more than I am the actual combat itself, which is only just serviceable really imo.

Delstius

There are two things I'm totally slacking in btw. I never use my shield, still at level 1. And I hardly use my dagger, also level 1. I started as a paladin so I had the luxury of being able to use a sword from the beginning. So a dagger would have been just a downgrade.

The shield is nice and can block a good amount of damage, but you sure can do without considering the absence of difficulty. Having a high vit also makes the shield even less useful. I use it for fun, mainly when playing coop and against big monsters, it's kind of cool to guard.
The dagger is a really good weapon for gathering jobs, you kill things real fast and then go back to your gathering without spending any mp better used for running/gathering, that's the only use imo.

Robin64

I still haven't really moved beyond the first zone. Dipped my toe into the snow peak bit and the darker forest, but barely. Did find a huge floating tree that had shields! My Woodcutter did all 0 to it, was cool. I want to chop the shit out of that one day.

MicH

I did the story (Lunares part 3) in the second zone, but have since gone back to the first zone. The monsters were way too high levelled there! I've pretty much explored everything in the first zone now though, so I guess I'll go back :)

I've been watching random LPs on YouTube of this, and I don't know how much more I can take. I need this game NOW.

I must find some way to jump into the future.

MLH

So I'm a bit confused about the story. I've been playing the Paladin quest line and during Lunares Chapter part 3 I'm told, (spoiler taged just in case)
by the princess, we need to protect the Napdragon from being killed (he's a guardian of the land or something...).
But in the next chapter
I have the challenge quest to kill the Napdragon
WTF?

ramyeon

I think Angler is gonna be the next Life I work at getting to Expert. Haven't been able to find a whole lot of fishing spots in the area around the second town though.

For the love of everything holy, someone please tell me you can have Molan the Mole as a party member. I love him more than life itself.

Delstius

As a massive Animal Crossing fan, how is the game?

It's an A-RPG where you change class, do quests, explore the small-yet-big-world, gather materials, craft your stuff, and make time fly by in real life magically.
Not so much in common with AC tbh, the house customization isn't the main focus at all, you can't change the towns, and the way you befriend NPC is also secondary. You're not in debt from some yakuza racoon though, so there's that. "Difficulty" is about the same too.
If you like AC and RPGs in general, there's a great chance that you'll love Fantasy Life too imo.

ramyeon

Anyone know some tips and/or reliable spots to catch the Ornamental Carp and the Pirate Carp? These two fish keep eluding me.

Mekere

Anyone know some tips and/or reliable spots to catch the Ornamental Carp and the Pirate Carp? These two fish keep eluding me.

Ornamental Carp: Sometimes down the waterfall at the west (by night I think), just above the Air travel shop. Or in the small lake at the East just above the place where the young wizard is training.

Pirate carp: On the beach, at the West, above the tomb monument.

By the way, it's easier to find them if you have a good luck.

Delstius

Got the ornamental on the west side of Castele (the airship map), check the waterfall near the gate.
Didn't go fishing in second zone yet so no clue about the pirate carp.

ramyeon

Ornamental Carp: Sometimes down the waterfall at the west (by night I think), just above the Air travel shop. Or in the small lake at the East just above the place where the young wizard is training.

Pirate carp: On the beach, at the West, above the tomb monument.

By the way, it's easier to find them if you have a good luck.
Thanks! Will definitely be putting some more points into Luck then :D

Top Bottom