• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fantasy Life |OT| Living the American Dream

ramyeon

Got the Pirate Carp pretty much right away in that spot :D Ornamental Carp continues to elude me...

Edit: Got it! That's all the Angler challenges I have up until now done, should get me up to Expert rank.

ramyeon

Can anyone direct me towards the waterfall cave? Looked all over the snowy mountain. Is it past the big blue dragon?
It's to the East of the hut with the (Early story spoilers)
grandfather of the princess, the eccentric guy who mastered all the Lives.

BowieZ

Banned
Where does one find silk thread, seashell buttons, and fine feathers?

For some reason I already had some silk but I don't remember where I got it from...

Deband

Where does one find silk thread, seashell buttons, and fine feathers?

For some reason I already had some silk but I don't remember where I got it from...

I just got some silk from a bug in Waterfall Cave.

Think I shoulda found this cave before the lava one. It's so easy after grinding slowy through the lava one.

Robin64

I like the Snakeskin set, looks cool!

zlCfzSfTn_EgAdmKXC

Linius

I'm cutting some wood in the west grassy plains and will continue to visit Mount Snowpeak after that. Trying to get my dude up to adept woodcutter in no time so I can go on with smithing. Looking forward to be forging my own weaponry.

Btw, I'm not looking forward to transitioning back into study mode tomorrow :p

Kouriozan

This game is really addicting, so much stuff to do that it can be overwhelming but it's fine if you go one step at a time.
I'll be super busy this afternoon sadly >.<

Chaos17

Well, that's just natural when you farm and grind the starting zone for hours and hours. Unless the devs implemented a system where the enemies scale with your level you will of course overpower them.

Not really, the feeling is like Divintiy original sin where the first zone was more devellopped and where the quests made you explore all the area of the first map. That's how the challenge classes were for me : making me me explore all the area of starter zone thoroughly. Making me explore from grassy land est > elderwood > grassy west > mountains > blue cave then finally fire cave.

But, like I said before I just arrived in the second zone so I will see if challenges quests will be like in the first zone.

JordanKZ

So... I'm 19 hours in and heading towards the end of the game. Mastered in Hunter, Mastered in woodcutter.

Does anyone know exactly how many other requests there are? I've done 70~ now, and I get the feeling that the ones that are left are all 'create me item' requests.

ramyeon

So I can't do anything now without pressing on to the Port... but I haven't been able to beat the guy in the Lava Cave.
I hate unfinished business.
You're not supposed to be able to at that point in the game. You'll be returning to places later on. I still can't beat the Wraith in the Lava Cave or the Dragon on top of Snowpeak Summit.

So how do you actually progress the story? I know it's related to flutters request but I'm confused as to what requests I'm supposed to be doing at this point.

ramyeon

So how do you actually progress the story? I know it's related to flutters request but I'm confused as to what requests I'm supposed to be doing at this point.
Doing all of Flutters' requests and then logging the Bliss points with her will prompt you to proceed with the story at any given time. Her requests are basically ways to get you to talk to X person or go to X place to discover new stuff so they're pretty straightforward.

Requests from townspeople are optional. They can sometimes net really good Dosh and rewards and sometimes just be complete duds, it's up to you to do whichever ones interest you most.

Chaos17

Flutter quests but maily challenge class quests quests for me because they make you explore/farm a lot of maps around the area of the town.

ramyeon

For those wanting to reset stat points, apparently in the third town at night there is a ghost in the Library that can do it for you for 30,000 Dosh. Can't confirm since I haven't visited the town yet.

Cerity

Aww yiss, took down the floating tree in Elderwood, my normal attacks were doing 4-5 damage each and I did have to replenish my SP but I did it.

Grampasso

Finally got to start this! I caught a bounty (a carrot monster or something like that) and now it's following me, but I have no idea what I have to do with it XD

ramyeon

Aww yiss, took down the floating tree in Elderwood, my normal attacks were doing 4-5 damage each and I did have to replenish my SP but I did it.
Nice, I'm scared to even attempt it since that Wraith flying around there was way too powerful for me last time I checked D:

Robin64

Finally got to start this! I caught a bounty (a carrot monster or something like that) and now it's following me, but I have no idea what I have to do with it XD

Take it to the guild office in the town (there are other locations you can take it to soon, too)

Nice, I'm scared to even attempt it since that Wraith flying around there was way too powerful for me last time I checked D:

I never saw a Wraith when I went to the floating tree. :eek:
Maybe it's not there in daytime.

Cerity

Yep, did it during the day, no wraith flying around then.

Time to buy the villa at Port Puerto :D Might actually go to the bother of decking it out as well.

ramyeon

Yep, did it during the day, no wraith flying around then.

Time to buy the villa at Port Puerto :D Might actually go to the bother of decking it out as well.
Haha yeah, just went back and did it now. I'm surprised because I was doing 17 damage each hit (With the right button timing, I find if you press too quickly you do less damage for the same SP cost). Last time I went there I couldn't damage it at all. Such a good feeling.

Edit: Disappointing reward for such a cool looking tree though!

Linius

Hmm, I can't do the trees on mount snow any damage. Guess I'll have to be an adept miner then. Also there's a fish in that icey pond which is way too strong for me, even though I'm an adept angler already. And I'm packing a pine rod. My axe and pickaxe are pine and iron.

Robin64

Hmm, I can't do the trees on mount snow any damage. Guess I'll have to be an adept miner then. Also there's a fish in that icey pond which is way too strong for me, even though I'm an adept angler already. And I'm packing a pine rod. My axe and pickaxe are pine and iron.

See, this is why I want the Demon Mirror for my room. Heading out to fish as a Fisher? Pump everything into Focus!

ramyeon

The stuff on Snowpeak Summit is meant for later on, I had to be Expert in Miner, Woodcutter and Angler to get the stuff up there.

BowieZ

Banned
I just got some silk from a bug in Waterfall Cave.

Think I shoulda found this cave before the lava one. It's so easy after grinding slowy through the lava one.
Hmm. I didn't have any luck, battled through it a couple of times.

Anyone else begin life as a tailor? Where did you find the various materials that you can't buy?

Linius

The stuff on Snowpeak Summit is meant for later on, I had to be Expert in Miner, Woodcutter and Angler to get the stuff up there.

Wooow, that explains haha

How the hell do you progress so fast, it's like you've been playing this a week before I started already :p

Linius

I love this lava cave. First time I've ventured inside. All the fish and mining stuff is really at the top of my strenghts so I have to work to get stuff done. The 'boss' ores and trees I can't do stuff with yet sadly.

ShadowOwl

Well, playing Fantasy Life for my friend got quite frustrating. Here 3DS/game froze 3 times in total now, always in that fire/lava cave - 1 time in local multiplayer, 1 time in online mp and 1 time in sp. Any idea what's wrong?

Here 3DS XL has been repaired few weeks ago, her mainboard was replaced... there haven't been any problems with any other game so far (she's mainly playing Animal Crossing NL).

MLH

Well, playing Fantasy Life for my friend got quite frustrating. Here 3DS/game froze 3 times in total now, always in that fire/lava cave. Any idea what's wrong?

Here 3DS XL has been repaired few weeks ago, her mainboard was replaced...

Is her 3DS fully up to date? That's the only thing I can think of. I've not had freezes with the game thankfully.

Kouriozan

Weird, I'm almost at 25 hours with some coop and still no freeze.
I did go into the lava cave multiple time (that's where I died yesterday).

Linius

I suppose luck influences getting elder logs too? So far I've had one elder oak log and one elder pine log. They're very rare for me :p

Well I'm an adept woodcutter now, did some fishing stuff and mining stuff at the same time too. Now it's time to become a smith before I continue the story. I've got so many resources in my bag ready to be made into something.

Top Bottom