• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fantasy Life |OT| Living the American Dream

Maiar_m

I'm finally an expert woodcutter (and adept carpenter), now level 20 and about 28h in. Yeah I'm slow :x I need to craft and sell a lot to get that Port house though. I think I'll do hunter quests first. It's becoming too hard to gather good wood without fending off though beasts in the desert caves.

This is the best time sink ever.

ramyeon

Last update for tonight! Got to Expert Blacksmith so I made a new armour set and it's pretty great - just an upgrade on my old Savage set, the Beastly set. Made a new sword to go along too.

imageebu0h.jpg

imageidkfc.jpg

Linius

Damn, good job man. Looks boss!

I'm finding out that it's really usefull to do full circle carpenter, tailor and blacksmith. As a blacksmith I find myself buying all the materials like oak beams and dandelion cotton that the tailor and carpenter make. Let me try to work this down.

Hunter -> Tailor
Woodcutter -> Carpenter
Tailor + Carpenter + Miner -> Blacksmith

daydream

Banned
Last update for tonight! Got to Expert Blacksmith so I made a new armour set and it's pretty great - just an upgrade on my old Savage set, the Beastly set. Made a new sword to go along too.

Thought you were rocking Comet for a sec but that might be a slightly different haircut. Either way, looking good there. :)

Linius

About time for a break.

84eb.jpg

Current progress. Gonna be smithing some iron stuff tonight so I can rank up as a blacksmith too. Then it's almost time to go explore some more and get to porto.

Man everyone's making progress =P

No worries Niraj I'm playing slowly through so I can join your world helping you but not be OP XD
Probs bite me back if cross region online is not possible, but surely Nintendo's not that incompetant... =S

Kouriozan

I'll do some story quest again so I can unlock the later aera and cheat the locked task/challenge :lol
I could mine Gold with a fledgling miner licence, gave me tons of stars.

Oooooh streetpassed someone today;
Hi Retro, the apprentice miner, let's see what gift you've gave me...
When I find him lol, bit busy ATM XD, will update when I do
Just bought the game, what do i do with this bag of sulphur i'm dragging around?
Hand it in to a bounty office.

daydream

Banned
I seriously can't find any feathers to make the duelist outfit :p any clues ?

Fine Feathers? I think I've found mine in West Grassyplains? Not 100% sure. Oh, I also randomly found one in the library when examining the bookshelves.

Edit: Actually, I think they might in the Forest that leads up to West GP. I wonder why I only have two, though.

Talks to Retro, you had an enjoyable conversation, you're friendship is at 60%, try again later =/

So I gotta talk to streetpass peeps again till 100% and then gift =S

Linius

Well I'm an adept blacksmith now. Time to move on with the story. Think I'll mine, cut and fish everything I come across on my journey and I'm going as a paladin. Then when I return to Castele I'll pick up carpenting. If I'm gonna have to buy those wooden beams all the time I'll go broke :p

To level up shield you have to use it to block attacks right? Or block and kill the enemy afterwards?
Hmmmm need to test it out, basically let the NPC kill the enemies for me whilst I went straight up to enemies with shield held up XD
Seems like getting a hairstyling at Florina's does not complete a Bliss challenge. So don't waste your money. :p
=P Course not it's a vanity reward XP

Linius

To level up shield you have to use it to block attacks right? Or block and kill the enemy afterwards?
Hmmmm need to test it out, basically let the NPC kill the enemies for me whilst I went straight up to enemies with shield held up XD

=P Course not it's a vanity reward XP

Yeah, just use your shield in battle. I really don't give a damn about the shield, can't be arsed to level it up.

Started Lunares part 3 :D

Well I think it's safe to assume physical copies aren't in huge numbers. But there's always e-shop of course. And I don't think a price drop will come soon. It's a Nintendo game after all.

Cool. Gonna be a while before I get there.

didnt know this was Nintendo published hmm ok i might have to get it sooner than later

Morokh

Fine Feathers? I think I've found mine in West Grassyplains? Not 100% sure. Oh, I also randomly found one in the library when examining the bookshelves.

Edit: Actually, I think they might in the Forest that leads up to West GP. I wonder why I only have two, though.

Thx library did the trick :D

zlCfzSfZjm4KF4jQLA_zpsdd20f011.jpeg

Just finished the Napdragon quest and now about to head to the port for the first time.
My trusty dagger couldn't dent the dino at the top of the snow mountain, I wish woodcutters could use their axes as weapons!

Linius

zlCfzSfZjm4KF4jQLA_zpsdd20f011.jpeg

Just finished the Napdragon quest and now about to head to the port for the first time.
My trusty dagger couldn't dent the dino at the top of the snow mountain, I wish woodcutters could use their axes as weapons!

Cool! I'm also on my way to Porto for the first time during the Lunares Part 3 quest. Also tried the napdragon quest but I did 0 damage. Even though I'm an adept paladin with an iron armour and long sword :O

Linius

Loool, I couldn't enter a certain part of the Porto Puerto emporium because my level isn't high enough. Screw classism! :p

Also, that city is huge and it's beautiful. Took a while before I found the guild office to turn in a bounty.

And am I the only one who's slowly getting lost in the sheer amount of quests and ranking up there is to do? It's so much :D

weekev

Banned
Anyone know where to find feely caterpillows in the waterfall cave? Do i need another life apart from a Paladin to get to them?

Kouriozan

Oh god I reached the last zone
Floating Island or something
everything is beautiful and the music is nice.
But those trees/ores are wayyyy too high level for me, my high quality silver pickaxe can't do anything. :lol

daydream

Banned
The localisation is really great, I'm enjoying it quite a bit, haha. A bird just asked me to bring it "SUM NUTZ PLS".

Also, I dyed my robe. Ballin'.

Edit: Time for a break!

Linius

Dp7C5E8.jpg

This is how things are going over here...

Level 32 in under 18 hours? :/

I'm almost level 23 now and I'm playing well over 20 hours :p

Also, doing a story part in a new area is near impossible. Keep getting sidetracked by all the new trees, ores and enemies!

daydream

Banned
Will be so good to go through old areas with new jobs. I keep seeing all these crazy trees and ores that I can't do anything with. This wonderful game will last me a long time.

JordanKZ

Level 32 in under 18 hours? :/

I'm almost level 23 now and I'm playing well over 20 hours :p

Also, doing a story part in a new area is near impossible. Keep getting sidetracked by all the new trees, ores and enemies!

Running everywhere and killing everything in sight is fun!

flowsnake

So can you complete quests for other lives and then switch to that life and report them to the master? Or do you have to be in that life for it to count?

Linius

So can you complete quests for other lives and then switch to that life and report them to the master? Or do you have to be in that life for it to count?

It depends. Seems that most Paladin quests have to be done as paladin. But mining, fishing and wood cutting can be done in any life. At least most of them. Sometimes it says you have to bring in a bounty as that life. For example there's a woodcutter quest that asks you to bring in an palm tree for bounty while being a woodcutter.

daxy

It depends. Seems that most Paladin quests have to be done as paladin. But mining, fishing and wood cutting can be done in any life. At least most of them. Sometimes it says you have to bring in a bounty as that life. For example there's a woodcutter quest that asks you to bring in an palm tree for bounty while being a woodcutter.

I think he means Life quests like 'Mine X material Y times' and 'Hunt some monster for the first time and bring in the bounty' that you need to hand in at the master for your Life in order to get points to raise your Life's level.

I don't think so. Haven't tried it though.

Linius

I think he means job quests like 'Mine X material Y times' and 'Hunt some monster for the first time and bring in the bounty' that you need to hand in at the master for your class.

I don't think so. Haven't tried it though.

I know, that's what I'm responding to.

So the simple answer is yes then I guess. Because for a lot of things you don't have to be in that specific life to still complete quests. For example I just did a mission as paladin. But I also completed a lot of mining and fishing quests.

Kouriozan

Only the fighting classes get task like "kill X as this job", you can do the other job task with any job.
Edit : completed the story and there is
a song for every job, like "miner song" in the credits
, I guess there is a big surprise once you fully level a job.

Top Bottom