• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fantasy Life |OT| Living the American Dream

Linius

How many missions are there Kouri? Post it in spoilers to be sure because I don't know how sensitive some people are for that kind of thing.

I just completed the third one. Too bad I didn't had enough bliss to own a horse. I can ride camels though. Anyways, now I'm free to do whatever I'm just gonna explore the shit out of the caves south of Porto Puerto. Also need to clear the lava cave again as a paladin to gain some stars and rank up from adept paladin eventually. After doing most of that stuff I'm gonna pick up carpeting so I can do something with my logs and use them for my smithing jobs.

This game man. It's incredible. Can't see it miss my top 3 GOTY. I don't play that many games anyways :p

ramyeon

If a challenge says to hand in a bounty as a specific class and you're in another Life then you can just switch to the one you need at the Guild before handing in the bounty. You won't lose your bounty and it'll count for the challenge.

The crafting and collecting Life challenges van pretty much all be done even as another Life. The attack based Lives all require you to kill stuff while in that specific Life though afaik.

Linius

7 parts I think.

Cheers! That gives me a good idea of where I'm at with the main game. Guess at my rate I'll be having about 40 hours in this game before I even reach the final credits.

This is already my fourth most played game on my 3DS. Pokémon Y is soon out of the top 3.

MicH

Just finished playing after 4 hours. Started a life of Woodcutter, Blacksmith and Hunter. So many of the crafting lives are connected. It kinda makes it hard to accomplish anything without the other Lives

Kouriozan

Found it, Al Maajik library at night.
Edit : well, I found 2
Source telling me it's there, I have finished the story and still can't find it.

Cerity

Yeah, one of the NPC's mention you can buy one. One of the guys playing in this thread also purchased theirs as well.

Still haven't figured it out yet though.

ramyeon

You don't have to buy it. It's a bliss bonus after unlocking the steeds for every other town.

You get to choose between a white, brown or black horse and can name it. It doesn't disappear after you dismount from it either.

Edit:

imagemhlm3.jpg

Grizzo

You don't have to buy it. It's a bliss bonus after unlocking the steeds for every other town.

You get to choose between a white, brown or black horse and can name it. It doesn't disappear after you dismount from it either.

Edit:

imagemhlm3.jpg

I assumed it came after
turtles and camels
!

ohhh alright thank you guys! I thought I could buy one right after choosing the bliss bonus related. It seems like I still have to unlock the
camels

Cerity

lol, for the quests where you have to hand a bounty in as that respective life. You can just go and grab the bounty in any other life, swap lives at the guild office and then hand it in to complete the quest.

I was always under the assumption that something would happen to the bounties if I changed lives while holding them.

ramyeon

lol, for the quests where you have to hand a bounty in as that respective life. You can just go and grab the bounty in any other life, swap lives at the guild office and then hand it in to complete the quest.

I was always under the assumption that something would happen to the bounties if I changed lives while holding them.
Yeah, mentioned this a few posts above :p it doesn't matter which Life you are when taking them down. Although if it's somewhere not close to a town it's a pain.

MicH

Just went from Fledging Blacksmith to Adept. I am very sorry for all my quest spam ingame :lol Really awesome one got get going with that Life. Really need now silver now

Kouriozan

I need a claw for barbarian helmet (called robust claws in french), been searching for those for 30 mins, can't find it >.<
Tried killing beast monster without luck too.

daydream

Banned
So, anyone up to try some multiplayer soon? There's definitely some monsters I would like help on, haha. :p

Also, as it turned out, it's not a big deal that you can't advance the story in multiplayer. It's more about the big monsters that you wanna take down together.

Mastered my first Life! Paladin is so quick to rank up. Miner is close to Master now too though.

Nice, good job! :)

Kouriozan

Finally, it wasn't in the desert nor the icepeak mountain.
It's not a super advanced recipe and having an hard time gathering the last thing I need :(

Edit : I got absolutely every claws but the one I need, this is lol worthy >.<

ramyeon

The celebration clip for getting to Master for Paladin was cute. Got some furniture and a nice sword (Though I already had a better Bone Sword I got from a bounty in the desert). Also the Paladin shop on Snowpeak started stocking some crazy expensive stuff... Swords and shields that only Paladins can use for about 25,000 Dosh a pop. And some pretty pricey Royal Furniture set.

quabba

Been too busy playing to post - the game is great.

I started off as an alchemist which turned out to be more difficult than a lot of the other jobs but it was cool and different I guess.

I wanted to be able to make lots of bombs but I found the ingredients hard to get. At least I've got tons of HP and SP potions.

I was having trouble getting crafting so I switched to miner because it seemed the most useful to provide me with metals and gems for more alchemy, and it did. It also gave a ton of ore which I figured was for black smithing so I switched over to that and made some weapons. Finally I realized that I didn't have any animal hides to make armor with and I couldn't find the shop that sold them so I just decided to start a hunter life and earn them instead.

Does anyone skip the first quests of each life? I did it once but then reloaded as I felt like I missed out on getting to know the characters. They all have their little stories going on with cheating spouses, disappointing children and unrequited love.

Also they make you feel bad for skipping. Comments like, don't worry everyone will still act like your a real hunter"

Grizzo

Does anyone skip the first quests of each life? I did it once but then reloaded as I felt like I missed out on getting to know the characters. They all have their little stories going on with cheating spouses, disappointing children and unrequited love.

Also they make you feel bad for skipping. Comments like, don't worry everyone will still act like your a real hunter"

Well yeah but those fetch quests at the beginning of each life are annoying. It's like "talk to this guy" then "talk to the guy next to him" then "go do that thing" then "no, first, go pick up that thing" then "no, go talk to the first guy again" etc.

Still love the game though, but I find myself skipping most of the dialogs because they just go on for too long. And
that pirates storyline (Chapter 3 of the main quest)
was kinda weak.

ramyeon

The tutorial quests do get super boring, but I wouldn't feel right skipping them.

I think it may be time to move out of the Attic... that said, I haven't even decorated at all. Moving to a bigger house would really just mean more empty space lol.

Cerity

Decided I'm not going to delve into any of the other lives, leaving tailoring, cooking, fishing, alchemy and the other combat lives for the next playthrough.

Feels like I can spend years trying to get every life up, I'd rather do it with the challenges of a new game.

Kouriozan

The very last claws are from a "life shop" and it doesn't sell it.
It's the hunter one, and there is a hunter nearby sleeping saying he'll do something once I'm expert.
This is my last hope but it's 3 AM now, will do that tomorrow.

Oh and without activating the DLC (you need to be level 50 for that) the max per stat is 50, by the way.

ramyeon

The very last claws are from a "life shop" and it doesn't sell it.
It's the hunter one, and there is a hunter nearby sleeping saying he'll do something once I'm expert.
This is my last hope but it's 3 AM now, will do that tomorrow.
Maybe you need to upgrade the shops outside of towns? After you getting Shopping+ for all the towns it unlocks Bliss rewards that upgrade the travelling merchants.

Kouriozan

Maybe you need to upgrade the shops outside of towns? After you getting Shopping+ for all the towns it unlocks Bliss rewards that upgrade the travelling merchants.
I got all the shop upgrade.
I actually found where to get them in a japanese wiki, the last one I'm missing say "Hunter life shop at West emerald plains"
The link is here if anyone want to check.

MicH

Got my first Expert life: Cook! (surprisingly!) I now have every life (that I've started) at Adapt and higher. Awesome! Haven't touched Paladin, Mercenary, Carpenter, Alchemist and Tailor. Which combat Life do you guys prefer out of Paladin and Mercenary?

Also, I am now poor :( Went to Porto Puerto and for so excited to see all kinds of vegetables that I spent everything I had :(

daydream

Banned
Welp, the fight against the Earth Wraith basically ended up being a war of attrition. First time I ran out of items* so I had to come back. Lost Invested a lot of dosh, but hey, I can rest easy now.

*Don't you love it when you come so close to beating a boss with that strategy and then run out of items right before he's almost dead at which point you can no longer keep up with his healing? That first fight cost me like twenty minutes of my life, lol.

I'm close to mastering Magician (assuming that's what comes after Expert) so I'll switch class after that.

Kouriozan

Wow, i decided to be expert hunter so I can verify that and had to kill a black panther.
Guess what the bounty gave me...

Anyway, I'll report back once I hit expert to tell if he'll sell it or not.
Edit : nope, you have to be Master for him to sell more item.
Oh well, I got one, it's enough for me, finally :D

Grizzo

Got my first Expert life: Cook! (surprisingly!) I now have every life (that I've started) at Adapt and higher. Awesome! Haven't touched Paladin, Mercenary, Carpenter, Alchemist and Tailor.

Tailor is boring, I started out with that life and quickly switched to fishing and archery :(

Does cook get more exciting as time goes by or is it always those three simple tasks where you have to press A at the right time? (it's even more simple than that as a tailor)

ramyeon

Tailor is boring, I started out with that life and quickly switched to fishing and archery :(

Does cook get more exciting as time goes by or is it always those three simple tasks where you have to press A at the right time? (it's even more simple than that as a tailor)
I'm pretty sure all the Crafting job mini games function in basically the same way (Only one I haven't tried is Cool).

Doombear

This topic is killing me, and I love it. One more month or so.

So, after a few days, and I am assuming a sleepless weekend for a few of you... what are your favorite (general) bits about this game? Are you happy with the lives you chose to start with? Would you spend the last couple days differently in game if you could do it again? What have you learned? HYPE ME MORE!

Top Bottom