• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fantasy Life |OT| Living the American Dream

Santar

Yes, but at this point I think it's safe to assume they are not bringing it over, they would have mentioned it by now.

I know you can take screenshots at any time (saved to the SD Card), I'm just wondering if we will be able to post them on Miiverse.

Is this a feature specific to Fantasy Life or can you actually take photos of every 3DS game and save it to the Sd card?

Robin64

Is this a feature specific to Fantasy Life or can you actually take photos of every 3DS game and save it to the Sd card?

It's not in every game, but it is a feature devs can add. Fantasy Life has it, just as Animal Crossing and Tomodachi Life did.

Isn't the level cap in the base game 100 and it was the Link version that raised it to 200?
If so I'd imagine that to be available from the start of the game if you buy the DLC day one too.

At least you guys are able to play Rune factory 4...
Thats still not available in eu, and i doubt they bring it here...
Ummmm did you not hear the news?
Zen United... a disappointment since it's creation ;__; yea probs too horrible a saying but they didn't paint themselves well =/
I've been going by the "Last online", and if it's blank I assume they removed me a while ago.
A lot of people will choose not to put a last online status though, so the frustratingly long winded way is to copy down their FC and re-add them.
Isn't the level cap in the base game 100 and it was the Link version that raised it to 200?
If so I'd imagine that to be available from the start of the game if you buy the DLC day one too.
Believe so, as for DLC peeps not being able to play with non-DLC peeps, I kind of wonder why they couldn't release a compatibility pack for download so everyone could play together but those who didn't buy gets locked from the DLCs...guess they didn't have the system in place to make one.

moozoom

I got the game Yesterday (Pal version - France ) ... and I love it. It's highly addictive and I stopped playing only when I couldn't fight sleep anymore ( 3am )

I started as an Archer (like in most of the games where I can choose a profession), and I'll try to change vocations soon maybe Fisherman or Cook.

This really feels like a mix of DQ IX and Animal Crossing, but I'm quite surprised at the depth of the options and customisation, and the size of the world is impressive with lots of details and NPC's.

We tried coop online play and it works well, we had a party of 3 and it was quite fun to play together. I helped my friends to level up since I had a head-start and was higher level than they were. Will try local co-op once the boyfriend goes back from work.

Maiar_m

I got the game Yesterday (Pal version - France ) ... and I love it. It's highly addictive and I stopped playing only when I couldn't fight sleep anymore ( 3am )

I started as an Archer (like in most of the games where I can choose a profession), and I'll try to change vocations soon maybe Fisherman or Cook.

This really feels like a mix of DQ IX and Animal Crossing, but I'm quite surprised at the depth of the options and customisation, and the size of the world is impressive with lots of details and NPC's.

We tried coop online play and it works well, we had a party of 3 and it was quite fun to play together. I helped my friends to level up since I had a head-start and was higher level than they were. Will try local co-op once the boyfriend goes back from work.
Paris, I suppose? :x Damn you fancy metropolitan players :p

Gameplay: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UW-rgaqN1Rk

irwXeclin7PWB.gif

Enjoy your game, is it possible to play online with strangers?

daydream

Banned

Hnngh, I hope that call saying my preorder arrived happens tomorrow.

Robin64

Oddly not in a rush to get this (mostly because the person I want to play with most is in America) so not bothered about not having early. Still a day one though! But I'll probably be reeeaaaallly casual and slow.

Kuntz

Oddly not in a rush to get this (mostly because the person I want to play with most is in America) so not bothered about not having early. Still a day one though! But I'll probably be reeeaaaallly casual and slow.

That's good.
Because with games like that even if I start at the same time as everyone after one day i'm left behind because everyone is like level 14545, is farming everything, has millions of money and I'm still learning the basics.

Happened with every multiplayer game, even animal crossing.

So take it easy, I'll be there!

Kouriozan

Well, I still have Curtain Call and Hyrule Warriors, plus Smash a week after so I don't think I'll be able to rush this one, haha.

MicH

If you can't play online across the regions I'll be really upset. But I honestly can't see that happening

Robin64

Oh god, imagine if there was no cross-region multiplayer..

(Fun fact, Wii Fit U's custom gyms were region locked. lol)

daydream

Banned
I'll probably put my daily Tomodachi Life check-ins on hold for a while. There's only so many games you can juggle at any given point.

LtOrange

Straight into my veins!! Going to be a rough month till I can get my hands on this.

demonkaze

I'm having trouble deciding on if I want to get the PAL version this week. I have an normal PAL 3DS (i'm from the UK) and a US 3DS XL and I'm not sure if I can wait for the US release. That being said if I get it this week, I won't be playing on an XL, decisions decisions...

Guys, I'm affraid that the big variety of jobs could mean an excessive simplicity in its gameplay mechanics. Could anyone tell me about that?

Meffer

Guys, I'm affraid that the big variety of jobs could mean an excessive simplicity in its gameplay mechanics. Could anyone tell me about that?

Well, I wouldn't call very simple but it is simple. But it's very fun, like it's fun going around a tree or ore finding the sweetspot to do more damage. The crafting Lives all have the same system to make stuff, finish the button prompts as fast as possible to make good or great quality or even more than one of the thing. The battle system is locking on an enemy and knowing when to attack. And all Lives have skills and passive skills that benefit you over time. You even get skills that are not from Lives like skills for dashing. I suggest you look at some videos.

Maiar_m

Difficulty or complexity isn't the focus of the game, reviewers keep stressing it's not very challenging. I don't think that's what makes it enjoyable.

Robin64

Yeah, really, a challenge is not what I expect nor want from this title. It's a place for me to hide from the real world!

Chaos17

Amazon.fr shipped my copy, with one day delivery. Well well well.

523c397464cfb.gif

Damn it!

It's noob friendly so yes, it won't be a hard game but it has enough depth for hardcore with all those 12 classes to max.
Better be noob friendly than have a game that newcomers (that don't know about the that type of game) will have hard time getting into it for a new IP, like Wasteland 2 or Divinity for example.

Well, I wouldn't call very simple but it is simple. But it's very fun, like it's fun going around a tree or ore finding the sweetspot to do more damage. The crafting Lives all have the same system to make stuff, finish the button prompts as fast as possible to make good or great quality or even more than one of the thing. The battle system is locking on an enemy and knowing when to attack. And all Lives have skills and passive skills that benefit you over time. You even get skills that are not from Lives like skills for dashing. I suggest you look at some videos.

Thank you very much!

However, doesn't it feel a bit repetitive after some sessions?

DagsJT

Off to Slovakia for a week on Saturday and I was expecting to take my Vita to play Danganronpa but half-tempted to take the 3DS with Fantasy Life...

Chaos17

Welp, they finally dispatched it but normal delivery again, so much for paying Premium :lol
At least I'll get it Thursday.

Same!
They didn't mailed it with express delivery ;_;

Why amazon.fr ???
I pre-ordered a long time before release date.

*sob*

daydream

Banned
Off to Slovakia for a week on Saturday and I was expecting to take my Vita to play Danganronpa but half-tempted to take the 3DS with Fantasy Life...

DR is kinda depressing, just keep that in mind. I'd take Fantasy Life instead, honestly. Seems like a more appropriate choice for vacation.

Kouriozan

I liked Magician before it was cool!

..nah, I just tend to like ranged characters in these kinds of games, heh. I'll be playing all classes, though, so it doesn't really matter.
Indeed :)
I'll focus on Tailor once I get every job to fledgling, so I can make cute clothes :p

yayaba

Wonder why there's a one month gap between PAL and NA releases. Oh well. My wife and I are still hooked on Animal Crossing (I crossed the 45 hour mark and she just crossed the 30 hour mark) so we still have a ways to go on that.

My wife got frustrated with Rune Factory 4 after about 20 hours or so since she kept telling me she kept dying in the dungeon parts so I'm excited to at least be able to help her out in this with co-op play. But I imagine the difficulty in Fantasy Life is toned down overall compared to RF4?

Meffer

Did I read that you can complete the main story as any class and not fighting? If so it'd be great to be a fabulous tailor or cook that saves the world with great clothes and delicious food.

That's true. You can complete the main story without fighting at all.

Did I read that you can complete the main story as any class and not fighting? If so it'd be great to be a fabulous tailor or cook that saves the world with great clothes and delicious food.
I believe that's only if you have a story companion that can kill enemies for you.

Top Bottom