• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fantasy Life |OT| Living the American Dream

Grizzo

Trying to get Miner to master level, now I know why luck is important. :lol

zlCfzSno56UDPesBht

Well I'm a Master miner, my luck is at 35 and I still can't find any Sapphire from Superior Platinum Desposits in Mt Snowpeak.

This is getting annoying to be honest. It's like the game is actively working against you in order for you not to progress.

daydream

Banned
Well I'm a Master miner, my luck is at 35 and I still can't find any Sapphire from Superior Platinum Desposits in Mt Snowpeak.

This is getting annoying to be honest. It's like the game is actively working against you in order for you not to progress.

Sometimes you just have bad luck. Same with me and Water Mana from the Water Elementals in Tortuga Archipelago. I can't get them to drop any for the life of me. *shakes fist*

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Sometimes you just have bad luck. Same with me and Water Mana from the Water Elementals in Tortuga Archipelago. I can't get them to drop any for the life of me. *shakes fist*

Ive run through water elementals. The mana must be rare.

Machine

Could use some help. Trying to get my Merc to master (only need 200 stars) but only have one quest and its to kill a tyrant in the desert. I cannot put a dent in it, so i figured I could do some master quests in the ancient ruins. Where are the mimics? This game is super addictive, played a ton last night. LVL 42 40+ hours in

I had similar trouble so I switched over to blacksmith and got that life up to master. In the process, I made some inferno armor and the best sword I could manage. I went back and was able to beat him after that. Those ancient ruins bosses you have to get past to find mimics are much worse.

You probably already know this, but you can get rare drops from Great Ore Deposits too, I found one in Lava Cave and got 3 rubies in one run.

It was guarded by a fire spirit, but I sneaked past him. #ghettolife

Experien

My gf is kicking my butt in this game with 56 hours since launch. She has at least one Master and a bunch of Experts...it is so discouraging cause I feel like she won't need my help in any co-op stuff now :(

Is there a list of allies? Wondering who would be best to take with me, I think I have 30 so far.
Most of them are deadweight IMO.

Just stick with Odin or any story NPCs unlocked after him, plus any of the allies recruited at Hero rank in a combat Life, eg. Miguel, Dragonslayer, the Magician outside the Ancient Ruins, forgot who for Hunter.

I'm LOVING THIS GAME SO MUCH. I don't have time to post but just posting that this game is fucking awesome! <3

OMG, I have not seen you for yonks XD

Kater

Banned
Most of them are deadweight IMO.

Just stick with Odin or any story NPCs unlocked after him, plus any of the allies recruited at Hero rank in a combat Life, eg. Miguel, Dragonslayer, the Magician outside the Ancient Ruins, forgot who for Hunter.
Or just get the two godlike fighters,
Mustang and Cervantes
and push around some of the hardest enemies in the game like they are your little toys.

I just use whichever allies I see walking past.

So usually Jude and Isabel lol.
Haha, I did that too. But then the monsters get tougher and tougher.

Mustang and Cervantes
and push around some of the hardest enemies in the game like they are your little toys.

It's ages until you get them though : P

And when you do, they easily get owned by the God bosses.

Grizzo

Mustang and Cervantes

Do you have to be level 100 or more for that? Because I'm still far from it (63).

Just love this game so far. Only like 15 hours in but it has a ton of content and great presentation. Level 5's best since DQVIII

Found out you don't have to have a corresponding job to do another job, like a Mercenary can go fishing or woodcutting.

Does it make a difference if you do that? Or do you have to do the right job for the right task?

tuffy

Just love this game so far. Only like 15 hours in but it has a ton of content and great presentation. Level 5's best since DQVIII

Found out you don't have to have a corresponding job to do another job, like a Mercenary can go fishing or woodcutting.

Does it make a difference if you do that? Or do you have to do the right job for the right task?
For combat-type jobs, you'll often need to kill X of something in that job to get your reward achievements. For gathering and crafting, being in that job gives you stat boosts and (eventually) special abilities, but isn't as essential since what you do still counts toward rewards.

Kater

Banned
It's ages until you get them though : P

And when you do, they easily get owned by the God bosses.
Well, depends which ones.
Pumpking
is do-able as he can get stunned by some of
Cervantes
bigger attacks.
The Napdragon grandpa is tough as nails though and his attacks blast even Celestia back to Lunares. Haven't tried to fight the skeletal T-Rex in the desert yet.

Oh good! I'm a God hunter so that's cool!
Have you talked with Parn yet? I'm not a God Hunter but the other
two Masters (Paladin, Mercenary)
give you a
God challenge
and from that point on
you can have them as companions.

Chaos17

The dlc is just as talky as the main game.

Let me explore.

Don't worry, it has only 2,5 chapters.

Is there a list of allies? Wondering who would be best to take with me, I think I have 30 so far.

Here a list : http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/971712-fantasy-life/70273599

1. Doing the right task with the right job allow you to have bonus, like more drops, experience and jobs become a bit easier.
2. Some jobs quests will require you to be in the right class to complete it.
3. Be in the right jobs for right task will allow you to use special abilities.

My recommandation is to change job for crafting because these jobs will be usually be under level up in contrary of gathering jobs since you will be playing more outdoor (exploring) than be in indoor (crafting). I'm sorry if my explanation is bad...

Zing

Banned
I made a spreadsheet of the cooking recipes and what stat boosts they provide so I can more easily see which foods are most useful during each situation. I also finally decided to take notes on what I need for challenges, since there are so many as a cook and I have to buy certain ingredients. I'm expert now and will need to experiment with seasonings.

Lizardus

Just reached master rank in Miner and I do 0 damage to the dragon scab and the earth wingstone. Should I buy the mole axe from the shop? I have'nt started blacksmith life yet.

Is there any benefit to switching back to the Life that concerns a collected bounty before turning it in? I saw some talk of that earlier in this thread so I started doing it but my gf doesn't bother to. Am I wasting my time?

daydream

Banned
Is there any benefit to switching back to the Life that concerns a collected bounty before turning it in? I saw some talk of that earlier in this thread so I started doing it but my gf doesn't bother to. Am I wasting my time?

Read the descriptions for your job quests. Those will specify if you need to have a certain Life or not when handing in the bounty.

Yes, there are a lot of challenges that require you to be a certain Life to complete them. The text always starts with "As an x", i.e. "As a blacksmith,".

Kater

Banned
There are some challenges that state that you have to turn (for example) a certain fish as an Angler to complete the challenge. I don't know though if all of the bounty challenges have that requirement.

So yes, there is the benefit in it if you have to fight a dragon for example but you are more skilled as a Mercenary, so you defeat the dragon as a Mercenary, collect the bounty and then change back to the Paladin Life and cash in the Bounty.

Just reached master rank in Miner and I do 0 damage to the dragon scab and the earth wingstone. Should I buy the mole axe from the shop? I have'nt started blacksmith life yet.

Yeah, if money isn't an issue.

I would recommend switching to Blacksmith though as the better weapons and tools get expensive fast.

Not sure what the odds of this were, but the bounty from the golem in the Subterranean Lake dropped a Mole Axe (or something, pretty sure it is for mining) for me yesterday.

Speaking of, is there a drop list, somewhere? Don't see one in the OP

Grizzo

I can't for the life of me find any elder logs (palm, sugar, mangrove), so there are lots of quests I just can't complete. Being stuck in a game purely because of luck is really frustrating.

I'm tired of leaving and re-entering the same place over and over again in the hope of getting an elder log after having cut a tree.

I can't for the life of me find any elder logs (palm, sugar, mangrove), so there are lots of quests I just can't complete. Being stuck in a game purely because of luck is really frustrating.

I'm tired of leaving and re-entering the same place over and over again in the hope of getting an elder log after having cut a tree.

Have you been increasing your luck stat?

Delstius

Yes it's been at 36 for quite some time now :(

Isn't that enough? Should I come back when it's around 45?
That should be enough. If it doesn't drop enough directly, try with the trees that gives bounty as both the tree and the bounty itself can drop it usually.

Eusis

Yeah, if money isn't an issue.

I would recommend switching to Blacksmith though as the better weapons and tools get expensive fast.
You also can create stronger versions of those weapons generally, so you stay ahead in general. I'm glad I started with Blacksmith rather than Paladin just to get into the habit of having good equipment for myself.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Can you eventually get all the Bliss Bonuses? What are the most vital?

Bigger Bag seems like a must, because I quickly exhausted my 50 limit when I was out exploring.

daydream

Banned
Can you eventually get all the Bliss Bonuses? What are the most vital?

Bigger Bag seems like a must, because I quickly exhausted my 50 limit when I was out exploring.

My take: Bag is most essential (I think everyone would agree), followed by mounts, storage, pets, shop upgrade, etc.

I think a lot of people would put shop upgrades way higher. Personally, I never buy anything other than potions from a shop.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Yeah, shops seem like a waste of cash...and building/finding stuff is more fun!

I guess the most important monetary investment is housing, right?

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
I had to respec to max focus, but I caught the divine fish finally :D so now I have angler, paladin, mercenary, hunter, and cook at creator/god.

Top Bottom