• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fantasy Life |OT| Living the American Dream

daydream

Banned
So, when I talk to Jinx I get the following:

Re-purr-t: If you have re-purr-ted to the King already, then you may play fur-eely, meow. You have worked hard, furriend. You should rest and reward yourself. As fur me, I shall concentrate on my next pupil. I purr-ay they fill your shoes.

Chat: What is required of a God-rank Magician? My furriend, you must decide that alone. Purr-lease, do not take it lightly. I must offer you my fur-licitations. Truly, I am most purr-leased fur you

I've talked to King Erik already. Do I need to finish the DLC story or something? I wanna roll with Jinx. :(

Linius

Seems weird. For all three God lives I have now I simply accepted the request and then I was able to recruit the masters to come with me. I'm rolling with Captain Mustang lately.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
So, when I talk to Jinx I get the following:

I've talked to King Erik already. Do I need to finish the DLC story or something? I wanna roll with Jinx. :(

Oh, yeah, sorry. I think you need to do all the butterfly requests before the special requests are available.

daydream

Banned
Oh, yeah, sorry. I think you need to do all the butterfly requests before the special requests are available.

That did the trick!

Holy Garfield, this special request is tough! I need help for this!

uv8dE20.jpg

Linius

At level 80 now. Doing one more Trial of Time run tonight to hopefully get a hold of that Spell Stone +. For the rest of my play time today I've been busy gathering everything I need to get blacksmith and carpenter to God rank. So after this trial run I'm gonna respec again in order to do so.

I can't believe how much time I keep sinking into this game. I'm not aiming for getting every job to God by the way, just the ones I played most of my time. Probably will stop once I managed to do all three trials at the tower. Far Cry 4 is coming up next week :D

Grizzo

That did the trick!

Holy Garfield, this special request is tough! I need help for this!

uv8dE20.jpg

I need help for my special request too! Dat Typhoon Bird.

I want to do that with you and Gato but I'm just not in the mood to play FL tonight, sometimes next week maybe?

Kater

Banned
I need help for my special request too! Dat Typhoon Bird.

I want to do that with you and Gato but I'm just not in the mood to play FL tonight, sometimes next week maybe?
Oh, that's okay. Only playing one game can wear you out. I had to play some Shadowrun Returns to get a little bit of distance to Fantasy Life.

Next weekend is fine with me! 😉

Grizzo

Oh, that's okay. Only playing one game can wear you out. I had to play some Shadowrun Returns to get a little bit of distance to Fantasy Life.

Next weekend is fine with me! 😉

oh I'm not playing only one game, I'm currently switching between four of them, but I think I got a bit tired of FL and I really don't want to end up getting sick of it so I'm taking a break (I guess after 70 hours, it's totally understandable to feel a little fatigue haha) :D

Linius

Because of my busy school/work schedule I don't play much during the week. So during the weekend I'm usually pomped to play a good few hours of FL again :p

After my trial run I came out at level 82. Time to stop for now. When I get back it's time for smithing and carpenting.

Also, if anyone wants to part with a Spell Stone + (possible trade of course) I'd volunteer.

Because of my busy school/work schedule I don't play much during the week. So during the weekend I'm usually pomped to play a good few hours of FL again :p

I'm busy with work and appointments and work, so I haven't had the time I've wanted to play this game. Only about lvl 30, with Cooking at expert and every other job at adept or apprentice.

They do a poor job with the map on this game. They don't mention the areas on the map by name, although it's pretty easy to zoom to where you want to go fast via the menu or travel.

Finished all 3 trials, was pretty fun, even though the game still kinda lacks difficulty. I mean, it's difficult but you can ignore all the difficulty as long as you bring enough consumables, which is kinda meh. Also bounties health not scaling as you level up/based on the mobs health is dumb as hell, I lost so many bounties during these runs to monsters or myself one shotting them. Hell they have a bunch of encounters with 3 mobs dropping bounties each, so they get destroyed almost instantly unless you're kinda lucky.

Also kinda sad that endgame crafting is so easy compared to, well, everything else. Pretty dumb that you automatically get best quality when doing divine stuff. I basically crafted an entire set of perfect endgame armor with a crappy unupgraded good quality hammer and 5str/9vit.

Great game nonetheless, I'll tackle the 4 combat class god requests tomorrow and I think I'll be done with the game, at 122hours played atm so it was well worth it, but I don't keep playing games long once I run out of stuff to do.

adroit

Is there a way to check what I need to do to trigger the next story mission? I completely forgot what I was doing.
Do Butterfly's requests to advance the story. It's the second tab on your quest list screen.

I have an unrelated question: Is the element of the wizard's Shooting Star command hard-wired to Light? It was useless against the Lightning Wraith on Terra Nimbus. I did finally kill the thing after millions of tiny hits. But it was a huge waste of time and not the slightest bit fun.

Zing

Banned
I don't know about the end game stuff. I'm curious why you used that particular attack if you knew it was worthess against that enemy? Wizards have four elements of spells.

adroit

I don't know about the end game stuff. I'm curious why you used that particular attack if you knew it was worthess against that enemy? Wizards have four elements of spells.
Shooting Star is the wizard's special skill. It's what the X button invokes when the special skill gauge is full. You can normally expect a Life's special skill to do massive damage. But if it's hard-wired to Light element (or whatever element the Lightning Wraith is strong against...I'm just guessing it's Light) and the Lightning Wraith is strong against Light, the wizard's special skill is worthless in that battle.

I guess I should have used NPCs. I've come this far (10 out of 12 Legendary) without using NPCs. I did manage to finally kill the Lightning Wraith (on my first attempt, without dying). But it wasn't efficient. It was like carving a marble statue with a feather.

Calamitus was a breeze. Now wizard is Legendary and I can move on.

Where do you find details on moves, skills, etc.. that you already learned. For example, I need to do a
lightning strike for a couple challenges but don't see how to do it
. I'm sure there is somewhere to read the tutorials you've already went through.

zigg

Where do you find details on moves, skills, etc.. that you already learned. For example, I need to do a
. I'm sure there is somewhere to read the tutorials you've already went through.
To answer the question you asked: you can talk to your Life masters multiple times and they'll eventually spill the beans on some things they didn't specifically spell out. Tutorials also show up in one of the tabs on your mailbox with no announcement, for some reason. Like junk mail, only less obvious 😄

To answer the question you didn't: are you talking about the charged X spell for wind?

Kouriozan

Menu then licence then switch pages to see your skills.

Oxx

This has probably been the smoothest 60 hours of game I have had in a long time. It really doesn't feel that long.

Then again, I spent 500+ hours with DQ9, so this is a drop in the ocean.

To answer the question you asked: you can talk to your Life masters multiple times and they'll eventually spill the beans on some things they didn't specifically spell out. Tutorials also show up in one of the tabs on your mailbox with no announcement, for some reason. Like junk mail, only less obvious 😄

To answer the question you didn't: are you talking about the charged X spell for wind?

The specific move is for
the "Lightning Strike" for a Paladin. It's under the "Shockingly Effective" challenge. The Challenge shows (x charged attack). I tried holding X for a while but nothing happens.

I'll take a look at the mailbox and check with
Mustang
to see if there are more details on how to perform the move. I'm sure it's something easy I'm just over looking.

daydream

Banned
The specific move is for
the "Lightning Strike" for a Paladin. It's under the "Shockingly Effective" challenge. The Challenge shows (x charged attack). I tried holding X for a while but nothing happens.

I'll take a look at the mailbox and check with
Mustang
to see if there are more details on how to perform the move. I'm sure it's something easy I'm just over looking.

Like Kourio said, hover over your job on the 'Licence' page and flick through the pages on the top screen with X. You'll find all the moves listed there. You won't find info on job specific stuff in the mailbox.

Also, un-equip your shield.

Like Kourio said, hover over your job on the 'Licence' page and flick through the pages on the top screen with X. You'll find all the moves listed there. You won't find info on job specific stuff in the mailbox.

Also, un-equip your shield.

I see it now. I had checked there but didn't see there were multiple pages uner each life. Knew it was something easy I was just over looking. Thanks!

Sinsem

I'm just guessing it's Light) and the Lightning Wraith is strong against Light, the wizard's special skill is worthless in that battle.

You're guessing right. Shooting Stars is Light element.
Btw, Yuelia uses Light to fight, and the best she can do against the Lightning Wraith is 1 or 2 dmg (and I have her level 90+).

In case you haven't figured it out though, for the paladin X charge skill, you need to unequip your shield, since X does shield block otherwise. If you remove the shield, you can do X charge with sword attacks to do the challenge, then re equip your shield and never use it ever again.

Finished the 4 god combat life requests, difficulty was kinda weird, 2 of them were really hard and 2 were fairly easy(in comparison at least). I had to kill the mercenary one twice even though it was the hardest too, cause I used my ultimate skill to finish it the first time and it destroyed the bounty at the same time...

Magician is really strong endgame, loved it, you get really good aoes, really good range options and the god skill is insanely strong, even goes past the damage cap of 999. Main downside is you need to carry tons of SP potions all the time, even with maxed magic skill and some SP regen +++ gear(I ended up replacing it after I saw it really wasn't doing enough). On the other hand, the potions are easy to craft and cheap to make, you just need to sit down and make a few hundreds in a go then you're good for a while.

They do a poor job with the map on this game. They don't mention the areas on the map by name, although it's pretty easy to zoom to where you want to go fast via the menu or travel.
Yeah, they should have really given you a mini-map option. Luckily I memorized all the locations since it isn't that big of an area.
The dragon on the top of the mountain is keeping me from getting Master on Hunter.
*grumble, grumble*

I am going to guess Mangrove trees are in the Deep Elderwood? I just beat Chapter 4 I think and I guess that is my next quest.

Magician is really strong endgame, loved it, you get really good aoes, really good range options and the god skill is insanely strong, even goes past the damage cap of 999. Main downside is you need to carry tons of SP potions all the time, even with maxed magic skill and some SP regen +++ gear(I ended up replacing it after I saw it really wasn't doing enough). On the other hand, the potions are easy to craft and cheap to make, you just need to sit down and make a few hundreds in a go then you're good for a while.
Thanks for the advice. I tried to roll Magician and I was not a huge fan of it at first. I plan to try to Master all the classes, but still got Merc. and Magician at Fledgling.
I wish your max each time was higher than 10. I know I got plenty of ores/wood and the low limit is a bit annoying.

In case you haven't figured it out though, for the paladin X charge skill, you need to unequip your shield, since X does shield block otherwise. If you remove the shield, you can do X charge with sword attacks to do the challenge, then re equip your shield and never use it ever again.

Finished the 4 god combat life requests, difficulty was kinda weird, 2 of them were really hard and 2 were fairly easy(in comparison at least). I had to kill the mercenary one twice even though it was the hardest too, cause I used my ultimate skill to finish it the first time and it destroyed the bounty at the same time...

Yep, after reading the move under Paladin I realized how to do it. Someone also mentioned to unequip the shield above. That said, thanks for the tip. I knew it was something easy I was just overlooking but wanted to make sure I knew where to re-read how to perform the various moves/skills.

Yeah, they should have really given you a mini-map option. Luckily I memorized all the locations since it isn't that big of an area.
The dragon on the top of the mountain is keeping me from getting Master on Hunter.
*grumble, grumble*

I am going to guess Mangrove trees are in the Deep Elderwood? I just beat Chapter 4 I think and I guess that is my next quest.

Thanks for the advice. I tried to roll Magician and I was not a huge fan of it at first. I plan to try to Master all the classes, but still got Merc. and Magician at Fledgling.
I wish your max each time was higher than 10. I know I got plenty of ores/wood and the low limit is a bit annoying.

Mangrove trees are from
Deep Sea Cave, in Tortuga Archipelago

Magician is kinda crappy at low levels though, so I could definitely see that. I just kinda went from Apprentice to God in a couple of hours since I was powerlvling it, it's definitely great at God-in-training/God, but before that it's meh. You get like normal attacks combos at that point instead of just the little 3x spells, and they're really cool.

Oh and yeah for crafting, it's a bit annoying 10 is the max. I guess the reasoning is they didn't want people to powerlevel with crafting, if you could craft 99 of an item, using a high level recipe in alchemy/cooking, you'd gain like 10k xp per craft even on auto, which would let you hit lvl 200 super easy/fast.

Yep, after reading the move under Paladin I realized how to do it. Someone also mentioned to unequip the shield above. That said, thanks for the tip. I knew it was something easy I was just overlooking but wanted to make sure I knew where to re-read how to perform the various moves/skills.
I find the best way to level up shield is go to an area with underpowered creatures and hold your shield for a bit.
I never really use shield in normal combat because it is so much easier to dodge it via moving out of the way.

Meier

Having a lot of fun with it! Put in an obscene amount of time into it this weekend. A little frustrated I can't cut down trees or mine at the Mount Snowpeak summit though. Must need pretty high stats to be able to since I'm doing 0 damage. Wish I had known you'd still be able to fish, etc. if you switched professions earlier.. oh well. Got my blacksmithing up to Expert pretty quickly and easily thanks to doing some mining runs. Really enjoying the variety of skills!

I am level 26 now I think and have opened Al Maajik although I haven't visited it yet. At around 20 hours of game play.

I find the best way to level up shield is go to an area with underpowered creatures and hold your shield for a bit.
I never really use shield in normal combat because it is so much easier to dodge it via moving out of the way.

I'm the other way round, I use my shield against overpowered enemies : P

BTW, just curious, but do any other Hunters have the Hootwink Feather still in their key items? Just wondering if it's always there or a glitch.

Oxx

I've done all my blacksmith quests but I'm still 5000 stars short of the next rank.

Do I need to pick up some extra recipes/quests from other characters?

I've done all my blacksmith quests but I'm still 5000 stars short of the next rank.

Do I need to pick up some extra recipes/quests from other characters?

No, but there are challenges given by various Blacksmith related NPCs(the ones that have something new to say everytime you get a new rank). For crafting "hidden" challenges, the NPCs also often give you the recipe so unlike combat classes, you do need to go there.

The easily missable blacksmith ones are in
Waterfall Cave at the end, Durandal the talking sword, and in Lava Cave in the Secret Smithy, but only during daytime, and both of them have recipes and challenges for them.

Can find full list on reddit, it's on the right side, Life NPC Locations or something like that.

La Poisse

Neo Member
I'm 87 hours in, level 60, and I've Hero'ed all classes except Wizard and Mercenary, which I've only Mastered so far.

I hate the story missions, but the game itself is incredible. I can't stop playing it.

Oxx

No, but there are challenges given by various Blacksmith related NPCs(the ones that have something new to say everytime you get a new rank). For crafting "hidden" challenges, the NPCs also often give you the recipe so unlike combat classes, you do need to go there.

The easily missable blacksmith ones are in
Waterfall Cave at the end, Durandal the talking sword, and in Lava Cave in the Secret Smithy, but only during daytime, and both of them have recipes and challenges for them.

Can find full list on reddit, it's on the right side, Life NPC Locations or something like that.

Thank you very much.

Oxx

I've done all available quests, spoken to everyone I can think of, and I'm still 150 stars short of Legend status. Noooo.

Edit: Ok, found it. Thanks Sebastian.

Top Bottom