• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Far Cry 2 |OT| of Money, Diamonds, and Military Checkpoints

GQman2121

Banned
Looks like this isn't going to be out until tomorrow at GS or BB.

Since when have games started to come out on Wednesdays? I'm now convinced that it's to get you to visit retail stores more frequently.

belvedere

Junior Butler
GQman2121 said:

Since when have games started to come out on Wednesdays? I'm now convinced that it's to get you to visit retail stores more frequently.

Yeah, wtf? I thought software was always released on Tues and Thurs?

I just called my local EB and they said they weren't getting it until tomorrow too.

Maybe Gamecrazy... Or Sams or something.

GQman2121 said:

Do you live in an area where a game's shipping date is the actual in-store date?

Unfortunately for me in NH whenever I check a release date it's always the next day :-\

Anyone in Ontario got any luck with finding it today? I know it's supposed to be the 24th from a lot of sources, but who knows. I can't check today but I'll check tomorrow.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
GQman2121 said:

As far as I can remember, the average game ships on a Tuesday and arrives on store shelves on Wednesday (as in, the store receives their shipment on Wednesday).

Occasionally, you'll have an exception in the form of a HUGE game where the shipment is picked up early, but that isn't the case for the majority of releases. Far Cry 2 isn't exactly a huge game from a marketing perspective and, as such, wouldn't receive such attention.

burgerdog

Okay so I read all these posts about Gamestop getting it tomorrow and I just randomly called them and they have it. BE RIGHT BACK!

burgerdog said:
Okay so I read all these posts about Gamestop getting it tomorrow and I just randomly called them and they have it. BE RIGHT BACK!

WUT

i hope you bought it, i hope your copy is a ps3 copy, i hope you give us impressions, and i hope ps3 version impressions are positive as all hell.

KrawlMan

burgerdog said:

Fuckin....shit balls. I just checked my order online at EBGames and the status just switched to "backordered" whats the point in preordering a game from them when I'm more likely to be able to just walk in and pick it up from wal mart tomorrow.

Nizz

xS1TH L0RDx said:
WUT

i hope you bought it, i hope your copy is a ps3 copy, i hope you give us impressions, and i hope ps3 version impressions are positive as all hell.
^^This...God, this...^^

burgerdog

I got owned, the girl sure told me that they had it. Except for the part where they're not allowed to sell it until tomorrow.. At least they'll have it at 10am tomorrow :l

burgerdog said:
I got owned, the girl sure told me that they had it. Except for the part where they're not allowed to sell it until tomorrow.. At least they'll have it at 10am tomorrow :l

i hope you knocked over a magazine rack on your way out, that was mighty shitty of her to do.

Zzoram

madmook said:
Fuckin' UBI should've let us pre-load our Steam versions.

I don't know why more publishers don't, pre-load and a midnight unlock is really great for hype, it's like a midnight launch without the long cold lines.

dLMN8R

Scores are basically what I gathered from playing it at PAX - bad AI, annoying "immersive" features, and some other quirks, but overall a package whose sum is greater than the parts.

GQman2121

Banned
dark10x said:
As far as I can remember, the average game ships on a Tuesday and arrives on store shelves on Wednesday (as in, the store receives their shipment on Wednesday).

Occasionally, you'll have an exception in the form of a HUGE game where the shipment is picked up early, but that isn't the case for the majority of releases. Far Cry 2 isn't exactly a huge game from a marketing perspective and, as such, wouldn't receive such attention.

Look at what titles came out today (and were going too) and look what's coming out tomorrow; you can't tell me that Midnight Club and Far Cry couldn't be right there next to Fable, BioShock and Rock Band.

I believe publishers break up the release dates by one day to get you to come back to the store if it's a particularly crowded Tuesday like today.

Nizz

When I paid for the game last week, GS made no mention of a special "pre-order" edition. I hope that's the one I get tomorrow...

Those GS preorder missions better be fucking available by other means. Way to screw over the rest of the world that doesn't have GS, including your home country, Ubi Montreal.

sTaTIx

How the hell do those IDIOTS at IGN give this game the same Lasting Appeal score (8.5) as Dead Space, a game that's ~10 hours long, with no multiplayer?

Does anyone know how related this story is to the first game? I've been thinking about playing the first game beforehand (I'm not going to get to this game for a few weeks anyway), but I didn't realize how long both games are.

prodystopian said:
Does anyone know how related this story is to the first game? I've been thinking about playing the first game beforehand (I'm not going to get to this game for a few weeks anyway), but I didn't realize how long both games are.

Zero as far as I know, go play Crysis though.

Sooo...

Respawning, bullet-sponge enemies. Faulty weaponry. Tempermental vehicles. Long hikes. Dislocated limbs. Malaria fits. Civil war. Heat. Flies. And no quicksaves.

Thank you Ubisoft, may I have another? Could be my GOTY.

sTaTIx said:
How the hell do those IDIOTS at IGN give this game the same Lasting Appeal score (8.5) as Dead Space, a game that's ~10 hours long, with no multiplayer?

Well, I guess a mere 30 hours of SP with 9 different playable characters and an unlimited amount of multiplayer maps can be covered by most with an extended rental.

Sho_Nuff82 said:
Well, I guess a mere 30 hours of SP with 9 different playable characters and an unlimited amount of multiplayer maps can be covered by most with an extended rental.

:lol

Agreed, it makes no sense. But some people will still pull the, "oh its an opinion card"

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
"Backordered" means it's shipping from EBgames...don't worry whoever ordered it.

edit: Gamefly's rentals are unlimited in duration, so I'm doing that. Game sounds fun but it looks like it has some nagging issues.

KrawlMan

Y2Kev said:
"Backordered" means it's shipping from EBgames...don't worry whoever ordered it.

edit: Gamefly's rentals are unlimited in duration, so I'm doing that. Game sounds fun but it looks like it has some nagging issues.

Thanks man, I just checked again and it finally changed over to shipped. Excited :D

bee

looks like any pc can run this maxed to me
1224567052wrBXF0KsTr_1_2_l.gif

Mr Spliff

BobFromPikeCreek said:
Anyone in Ontario got any luck with finding it today? I know it's supposed to be the 24th from a lot of sources, but who knows. I can't check today but I'll check tomorrow.

No, and I consistently get my shit early. I'm in Toronto. My hook-up says he will follow up with his supplier tomorrow morning.

Mr Spliff said:
No, and I consistently get my shit early. I'm in Toronto. My hook-up says he will follow up with his supplier tomorrow morning.
I really hope I can find it tomorrow. Tomorrow and the day after are my last two days with decent free time. :(

Top Bottom