• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Far Cry 2 |OT| of Money, Diamonds, and Military Checkpoints

Ledsen said:
No, the problem isn't that common yet since it generally appears when people get far into the game, and most people are still in the first half. There are a number of people on other forums that have it (there are several threads about the problem in the official forum for example) but I haven't seen too many people stating which platform they're playing on.

I think you should try loading 3 disc based games into your system to clear Far Cry data off of the HD and then put FarCry 2 in and try to load a save. It makes no sense that it will corrupt a save that was previously working fine. That or clear the cache and reload FC2

TTG said:
Yep, my latest save game is corrupted.
Which version are you playing?

madmook said:
This game doesn't go into the PS3 os when saving or loading, its done in-game.
Hmm, not what I was hoping to hear. If the PS3 version is also affected than surely we should start hearing about it soon though.

TTG

I went back to the save before the corrupted one and did a weapon unlock mission and unlocked 2 checkpoints. After that I saved the game 4 times at the weapon shop :lol All 4 saves work. Maybe the corrupted saves will trigger once I go back to the main quest line... we'll see.

Nizz

madmook said:
PS3 version here. I'm not 50%+ yet, and I've not had any glitches or corrupted saves thusfar. I alternate between two save files. This game doesn't go into the PS3 os when saving or loading, its done in-game.
The only weird thing that's happened to me on the PS3 is one time after completing a mission (granted, I'm nowhere near 50% completion) where
I had to kill the chief of police
as soon as I did that, it asks if you want to save. I clicked "save & continue". I proceeded to die a little while after that. But when I started from the last save, it asked me again if I wanted to save. Again? I just saved the game a couple of minutes ago? Like you, I'm also alternating between 2 save files. But yeah, that's the only weird thing so far. Haven't had a weird saving glitch again...

TTG

Did an underground mission and some other shit... saves seem to be back to normal so far. It must only fuck up main story saves. I guess I'll be doing this stuff until a patch comes out or we figure out a way to work around it.

TTG

Man the granade launcher with the zoom is just devastating. Almost unlimited ammo, accuracy about as good as the AK :lol

Would be a real shame if I couldn't use some these toys going forward...

Ok, one of my buddies was just over here who happened to be a tester for this game, I asked him about the save corruptions on 360 and he said. "Oh yeah, you need to save in a different slot EVERYTIME, or the save can get corrupted."

He had no info as far as why it happens, just that half-ass workaround.

Justin

So I am out of pills and dont have any of the missions where I can get some. What happens if I dont have any pills and I get sick?

ezekial45

Banned
Add another one to group of recent converts. I hated this game at first, but now i'm really digging it. Just started Act II and it's gotten really good. :D

A few questions though:

1. At the end of Act I,
i went to Mike's Bar to help out my buddies. I take it they died after i passed out. Right? Playing as Warren btw.
2. Just got done with the first mission to Act II. When does the weapons merchant come back for another mission?
3. How many acts are there. And are there any other areas you go to after the southern map? (use spoiler tags for answers)

I'm really glad i'm playing this. It does action well and has a great atmosphere.

kakashi08

I "google"ed this problem and others seem to have it too. But did not heard(read) anything here about it.

Far Cry 2 just closed and goes right to the desktop. Without any errors or anything. Same thing with Fallout 3 only fallout 3 gives an not reasopnding thing and have to click close program(got vista) xp goes to end task.. Heard on other forums that its with the games. Because "all" other games running real good on my pc.

got a 48701gb. latest drivers. Playing codWW beta and cod4 and crysis, all those run good. its just these two games.

Ledsen

Warm Machine said:
I think you should try loading 3 disc based games into your system to clear Far Cry data off of the HD and then put FarCry 2 in and try to load a save. It makes no sense that it will corrupt a save that was previously working fine. That or clear the cache and reload FC2

I've cleared the cache numerous times, doesn't work :( Also that doesn't matter since almost all my new saves are corrupted as well.

SwitchBladeKneegrow said:
Ok, one of my buddies was just over here who happened to be a tester for this game, I asked him about the save corruptions on 360 and he said. "Oh yeah, you need to save in a different slot EVERYTIME, or the save can get corrupted."

Hmmm, I'm not presuming to know more than a tester, but I've saved in a completely new slot a few times and those saves have corrupted as well. But I'll try it when I get home tonight.

TTG

SwitchBladeKneegrow said:

I'm relatively sure people have tried new save and it hasn't worked, but I'll have to give it a shot tomorrow as I'm out of weapon and assassination missions.

In other news: 50 cal sniper + little village overlooking the whole dagon village = awesome. The 50 cal will tear through anything, knocking around barrels and debris BEHIND the enemies getting killed in one shot. Unlimited range and devastating power... You get a 40 round clip and about 20 people to shoot at Dagon's place. Even their mortars couldn't save them. :lol

The full metal jacketlike situations are borderline sad. Shoot out a knee and the guy will go down in pain, his buddies will try to rescue him, even picking him up, only to have another round go through their chest.

TTG

Went through the same mission that caused a corrupt save before.. it's way too much far cry for one day but I had to see what happened.

Here's your solution: Load up whatever your most recent good save was before the mission where the save files started to corrupt and replay it. Worked for me :lol

Rainy Dog

endlessflood said:
Has anyone reported this on PS3 yet? Nobody in the Ubisoft thread (only 31 posts though) is a PS3 user. I was going to get stuck into Far Cry 2 on PS3 after completing Dead Space, but if there is any evidence of this bug happening on PS3 I might hold off until a patch.

No problems here with the PS3 version. Been playing for 30+ hours and nearly 70% complete.

Cronen

TTG said:
Went through the same mission that caused a corrupt save before.. it's way too much far cry for one day but I had to see what happened.

Here's your solution: Load up whatever your most recent good save was before the mission where the save files started to corrupt and replay it. Worked for me :lol

My save fucked up at 65%. My next save is at 30%....way too much to go back and do! All my buddy missions, underground, radio tower missions and the weapon shop ones too! >__<

Dibbz

Is there a way to stealth kill people in this? I sneak behind enemies with my machete and kill them but they start making loud noises and their friends run over and start shooting me.

Ledsen

Dibbz said:
Is there a way to stealth kill people in this? I sneak behind enemies with my machete and kill them but they start making loud noises and their friends run over and start shooting me.

Dart Gun.

Ledsen

TTG said:

How do you mean it "worked"? Do ALL your saves work now? For me, some saves I make still work, so if you only tried saving a couple of time and it worked, chances are it'll fuck up again >_<

kakashi08

kakashi08 said:
I "google"ed this problem and others seem to have it too. But did not heard(read) anything here about it.

Far Cry 2 just closed and goes right to the desktop. Without any errors or anything. Same thing with Fallout 3 only fallout 3 gives an not reasopnding thing and have to click close program(got vista) xp goes to end task.. Heard on other forums that its with the games. Because "all" other games running real good on my pc.

got a 48701gb. latest drivers. Playing codWW beta and cod4 and crysis, all those run good. its just these two games.

Heard somewhere that i should not load "quick saves". So just load the automatic saves?

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
If you just depend on the automatic saves and then have one quick save file that you constantly overwrite, couldn't you just rely on the automatic saves if the quick save gets corrupted or are ALL saves getting corrupted?

kakashi08 said:

I've got this problem too with a 4870 1gb and vista64

kakashi08

So please tell me that its not because of the 48701gb. That the problem is quick save files, right? no problem if its the quick saves, i can live without them. But dont wanna get rid of a 48701gb. Runs all games at max baby. lol

KrawlMan

kakashi08 said:
So please tell me that its not because of the 48701gb. That the problem is quick save files, right? no problem if its the quick saves, i can live without them. But dont wanna get rid of a 48701gb. Runs all games at max baby. lol

I don't think its that individual model...might be something with the 4800 line. My 4850 does the same thing, and only in Far Cry 2. (Havent tried Fallout 3)

So, uh, I´m still in the beginning where you have
malaria and need to go to mike´s bar to do something. I think it´s to get a medicine there, but I get there and can´t find ANYTHING... WTF?

cluto

Insane Metal said:
malaria and need to go to mike´s bar to do something. I think it´s to get a medicine there, but I get there and can´t find ANYTHING... WTF?
Did you go in the bar?

bee

kakashi08 said:

its an ati problem for sure, you don't wanna know how many quicksaves i did playing through it, played it for close to 20 hours on a 8800gts and had zero crashes

all the other people reporting the issue also have an ati card

Exarchos said:
Did you check the other side of the building? Sometimes buildings will have doors that you can enter and doors that you can't.
Yes! I checked everything :lol that´s why I can't understand wth is going on lol

Prince

Insane Metal said:
Yes! I checked everything :lol that´s why I can't understand wth is going on lol

Just played that part yesterday and took me a moment to realise.

You first have to go in the weapon shop and acces the computer and then go to the building next to it. After that you can open the door of the bar.

Ledsen

Insane Metal said:

Hmm I don't remember having to get medicine in mikes bar. Is the mission crosshair on the map over Mikes Bar?

Dibbz

Prince said:

You first have to go in the weapon shop and acces the computer and then go to the building next to it. After that you can open the door of the bar.
Yup. Go to the weapons dealer and use the computer. Then leave and go to the back of the bar, it should be open now.

ecierif

Prince said:

You might have to buy a weapon too, and pick it up from the storage room next door.

Ledsen

More and more people seem to be getting the save bug in the thread in the official forums, just like we thought... still no response from Ubi.

Ledsen said:
More and more people seem to be getting the save bug in the thread in the official forums, just like we thought... still no response from Ubi.

They have to find the cause, replicate the exact issue themselves, see what the fix will be, and then make a response. This isn't always quick and easy to do. I think when they find it they will fix it but it will take a while.

Tagged my saves for Mozy backup on my PC just to make sure.

I'm about 54% into the game now and hoping to get through the rest this weekend. :D God what an awesome game!

Prince said:

Yeah, I finally got it too... you have to access the computer and get the fun at the building next to it. Them you go to the bar.

Game´s pretty cool so far (4% done) :D

qrelur.png

35cjyaq.png

20rjq84.png

*Mind you this was pre-FOV fix for me*

Haunted

The FOV fix was a fucking godsend, let me tell you.

I accidentally started the game without it just now and I kept thinking 'What the fuck is wrong here? Something feels off' for a good minute or so.

Haunted said:
The FOV fix was a fucking godsend, let me tell you.

I accidentally started the game without it just now and I kept thinking 'What the fuck is wrong here? Something feels off' for a good minute or so.

yeah I'm still waiting for Ubi to actually patch it but it has made the game just that much better.

dammitmattt said:
So to be safe, we should be using multiple save slots, rotating through as we save...annoying, but I already am used to doing that for Oblivion, Mass Effect, and now Fallout 3.
This is what I always do with games, and have been with Far Cry 2. Will I be safe?

Shake Appeal said:
This is what I always do with games, and have been with Far Cry 2. Will I be safe?

Well there was a case where somebody had ALL their saves cause freezing but for the most part if you save regularly you shouldn't have to go back but one mission if you use different slots.

GQman2121

Banned
Sucks that this thread has turned into a discussion about corrupt save files and not about how everyone is enjoying their experience with the game.

I hate when that happens. :(

Top Bottom