• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Far Cry 2 |OT| of Money, Diamonds, and Military Checkpoints

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Guys need some cool people on my list with map creating skills and to play online (360) Add my GT, need for Farcry 2ians!

dark10x said:
That may be so, but it sure as hell doesn't feel like a game crafted with the PC in mind.

I think that's more due to Ubi Montreal not really making alotta PC games ....they're usually doing console with ports to PC, not the other way around

Man, those MGs mounted on the jeeps are so useless... I cannot kill anyone with them. Especially if they have a jeep too there is no way to beat them with the mounted MG.
If I get out of my car it's much more easier.
Also those guys take too much hits. I can only take 5 hits to die and they need like 10.

And F***, my rocket launcher broke. Is there a safe house where I can get a new one for free?

I bought the camo suit, what is the difference now? I cannot notice any.

MMaRsu

Dark & agentotaku, how does this game compare to Fallout 3? Is it survival as well? I love that aspect in Fallout 3.

I'm getting this game this week I hope..

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
I would urge PC players to try this game with the 360 pad and play with the sensitivity slider.

Even without rumble, the aiming feels way better than mouse and keyboard to me.

Plus, FC2 is very POV animation heavy (running, sliding, etc) and it translates well to 360 controller (not so much the mouse).

Ledsen

MMaRsu said:
Dark & agentotaku, how does this game compare to Fallout 3? Is it survival as well? I love that aspect in Fallout 3.

Read post #2645. Don't buy it.

MMaRsu said:

Other than being set in a sprawling open world, they're are really not comparable at all, sorry

Ledsen said:
It's happening to a lot of people sometime after the 50% mark.

DON'T BUY THIS GAME UNTIL IT'S PATCHED PEOPLE. IT'S BROKEN AND CAN STOP WORKING AT ANY TIME

PoS game. You only having two saves shows that it has nothing to do with the amount of saves you have (which was a possibility). It can happen to ANYONE, ANYTIME. And once it does, chances are almost all saves you make after that will corrupt.

Is that for the PC or 360 version? My 360 version is still in the wrapper...

Kibbles

Ledsen said:
It's happening to a lot of people sometime after the 50% mark.

DON'T BUY THIS GAME UNTIL IT'S PATCHED PEOPLE. IT'S BROKEN AND CAN STOP WORKING AT ANY TIME

PoS game. You only having two saves shows that it has nothing to do with the amount of saves you have (which was a possibility). It can happen to ANYONE, ANYTIME. And once it does, chances are almost all saves you make after that will corrupt.

It works for me, what version of the game do you got? PC, 360, or PS3?

MMaRsu

AgentOtaku said:
Other than being set in a sprawling open world, they're are really not comparable at all, sorry

Not even feeling wise? All the story's I've read so far are from people who do different things in a certain situation, which reminds me of Fallout 3..

Oh well I think I'll like this game anyway, if I don't I'll just trade it for the 360 version of fallout 3.

Ledsen

dammitmattt said:
Is that for the PC or 360 version? My 360 version is still in the wrapper...

360 for me but someone said it can happen in all versions.

Kibbles said:
It works for me, what version of the game do you got? PC, 360, or PS3?

360. Obviously it doesn't happen to everyone, but it could (at least on 360 that I'm sure of). How far are you into the game? Typically it seems to appear at the 50-60% mark.

So to be safe, we should be using multiple save slots, rotating through as we save...annoying, but I already am used to doing that for Oblivion, Mass Effect, and now Fallout 3.

Lince

Banned
chespace said:
I would urge PC players to try this game with the 360 pad and play with the sensitivity slider.

Plus, FC2 is very POV animation heavy (running, sliding, etc) and it translates well to 360 controller (not so much the mouse).

this

and that's what I'm doing right from the start, what's your sensitivity setting? I feel it controls beautifully with the default values.

Ledsen

dammitmattt said:
So to be safe, we should be using multiple save slots, rotating through as we save...annoying, but I already am used to doing that for Oblivion, Mass Effect, and now Fallout 3.

Well you're not really "safe" because once you start getting freeze on load, almost every new savegame you make will start to freeze as well, so you have to stop playing even if you have an old save that works.

Cronen

Ledsen said:
Well you're not really "safe" because once you start getting freeze on load, almost every new savegame you make will start to freeze as well, so you have to stop playing even if you have an old save that works.

Yeah, I'm on the 360 too. I just...can't be bothered to start the game up from scratch anymore >_<.

dk_

Caesar III said:
Man, those MGs mounted on the jeeps are so useless... I cannot kill anyone with them. Especially if they have a jeep too there is no way to beat them with the mounted MG.
If I get out of my car it's much more easier.
Also those guys take too much hits. I can only take 5 hits to die and they need like 10.

And F***, my rocket launcher broke. Is there a safe house where I can get a new one for free?

I bought the camo suit, what is the difference now? I cannot notice any.
You know that you can aim (LT) with the mounted gun? Dunno what your problem is...

nyong

Banned
Has anyone with the PS3 version had the save problem?

I checked the thread and did not see anything. That doesn't mean I didn't overlook it.

Ledsen

nyong said:
Has anyone with the PS3 version had the save problem?

I checked the thread and did not see anything. That doesn't mean I didn't overlook it.

No, the problem isn't that common yet since it generally appears when people get far into the game, and most people are still in the first half. There are a number of people on other forums that have it (there are several threads about the problem in the official forum for example) but I haven't seen too many people stating which platform they're playing on.

dk_ said:
You know that you can aim (LT) with the mounted gun? Dunno what your problem is...
:lol You are some smart guy :D

I play on hardcore and if I use the mounted guns I can fire as much as I want to directly at the enemy the most of the time. It makes no difference if I use small bursts or fire all along until the gun overheats. In the meantime the guys are killing me like crazy because I'm not in cover up there. If they have a car near me too and the gunner fires at me, I'm dead in seconds.
The fun thing is, I get off the car, use my own gun and make a on-hit-dead shot.

Ledsen

Caesar III said:

I play on hardcore and if I use the mounted guns I can fire as much as I want to directly at the enemy the most of the time. It makes no difference if I use small bursts or fire all along until the gun overheats. In the meantime the guys are killing me like crazy because I'm not in cover up there. If they have a car near me too and the gunner fires at me, I'm dead in seconds.
The fun thing is, I get off the car, use my own gun and make a on-hit-dead shot.

You must be extremely bad at aiming, because I can clear whole camps no problem using only the mounted machine gun (on Hardcore).

chespace said:

No matter how obviously ported over from a controller setup a first person shooter feels, mouse and keyboard is still the way to go.

dk_

Caesar III said:

First of all you're a douche.

Second, I just couldn't believe that someone is so bad at aiming. I have no problems with the mounted gun and it's a charm to kill enemies in no time.

I'm gonna third that the mounted gun destroys camps and other jeeps. I'm playing on hardcore and having no problems destroying people with it. For anybody with the PS3 version, are you getting screen tearing every once in awhile as well?

Ledsen said:
You must be extremely bad at aiming, because I can clear whole camps no problem using only the mounted machine gun (on Hardcore).
I'm not bad at aiming, otherwise I couldn't kill with one shot with my own guns (AK so far I think). Perhaps it's the lacking Aiming assistance with Mouse/Keyboard, I'll try the 360 Pad later.

I'm standing right in front of some guy (10m or something) and I aim directly at him, he is not dying, damn that sucks. And I would not complain if I could not aim properly, though...

bee

i played through it on infamous and mounted guns were piss weak against camps of enemies, you were down to 1 or 2 health bars within like 2 seconds

Nizz

purnoman3000 said:
I'm gonna third that the mounted gun destroys camps and other jeeps. I'm playing on hardcore and having no problems destroying people with it. For anybody with the PS3 version, are you getting screen tearing every once in awhile as well?
PS3 version here and yeah, I see the screen tearing once in a while :( No big deal. I was so pissed off yesterday. I was doing what I think is a "bonus" mission from pre-ordering the game at Gamestop. It has to be the special missions cause the objective ring wasn't in red or blue but white. Anyway, I get there and there's some dudes I take out. There are some old, abandoned train cars which one of them has a glowing briefcase with a diamond in it on top of the train car. I'll be damned if I can't figure out how to get to it... I must have been there for almost a half hour trying to figure out how to get to the top. I can't climb up the side of the car because some ladder steps are broken. Damn, this game has me hooked...

bathala said:
is there a driver i can use to be able to use my 360 controller to PC. i have vista
Just turn it on before starting the game, it works without setting up anything.

I tried the game with 360 Pad and it is a lot more easier to drive and shoot with the mounted mg this way! I don't get it.

Is there a way to leave the 360 controller on for a longer time? I'm talking about the wireless one. If the driving works that good that way I want to use the pad for driving/mounted mg and mouse/keyboard for the rest. But after 5minutes the wireless controller turns off automatically :(

dLMN8R

bathala said:
is there a driver i can use to be able to use my 360 controller to PC. i have vista
The Vista that you hate so much automatically supports the 360 controller instantly upon plugging it in :-|

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
MickeyKnox said:
No matter how obviously ported over from a controller setup a first person shooter feels, mouse and keyboard is still the way to go.
Unless you use your PC from your couch and want the more comfortable solution. :) It's not as if it's DIFFICULT to play with a pad. Honestly, I feel that a mouse and keyboard are only really necessary when playing PC games online.

Dibbz

Quick someone tell me how to heal buddies. One of them is sat infront of me groaning and I don't wanna leave him :|

Cronen

Dibbz said:
Quick someone tell me how to heal buddies. One of them is sat infront of me groaning and I don't wanna leave him :|

Go up to them and press Y I believe. Then you have the choice of using your syrettes to heal him/her, or end their suffering.

newsguy

Dibbz said:

Just hit the L trigger like you're using a shot for yourself. Then bring it towards the neck of your buddy.

MMaRsu

Ledsen said:
Read post #2645. Don't buy it.

I read it, and that fucking sucks. And I really hope it doesn't happen to me but I've already paid for it so yeah.. if I don't like it I can easily trade it with someone for Fable 2 or Fallout 3 :).

I'm playing the PC version and got the bug where I go to the UFLL to get a mission but the door is closed and my progress is 27%. I read that taking a buddy mission from Mike's bar and completing it is a workaround, but I can't beat the buddy mssion. I have to go the Shwasana Fuel Station and neutralize it, and I've killed everyone. I keep throwing grenades around the red X on the map and I'm not sure what I'm supposed to blow up, so I'm not sure how to beat this mission. Any others having this problem?

TTG

Yep, my latest save game is corrupted. I'm at 58% where
you're asked to take out the radio transmitter

Anyway around this? What if I just save at every safe house/gun shop/whatever. Will all my save files be corrupted or just some?

I'm guessing I can return this for Fallout 3 as it really is a broken game. :lol

Ledsen said:
So the thread on the Ubi forums about the game breaking bug is getting bigger.

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1521068375/m/5801028996

Has anyone reported this on PS3 yet? Nobody in the Ubisoft thread (only 31 posts though) is a PS3 user. I was going to get stuck into Far Cry 2 on PS3 after completing Dead Space, but if there is any evidence of this bug happening on PS3 I might hold off until a patch.

This is interesting, because on Dead Space the 360 and PC versions have the same interface for saves, but the PS3 version has a completely different interface for saving games (uses the PS3 OS). Is Far Cry 2 the same? If the PS3 OS handles the saves then maybe it has dodged this bug.

Cronen

TTG said:
Yep, my latest save game is corrupted. I'm at 58% where
you're asked to take out the radio transmitter

Anyway around this? What if I just save at every safe house/gun shop/whatever. Will all my save files be corrupted or just some?

I'm guessing I can return this for Fallout 3 as it really is a broken game. :lol

That makes it 3 of us now it seems :(

madmook

endlessflood said:
This is interesting, because on Dead Space the 360 and PC versions have the same interface for saves, but the PS3 version has a completely different interface for saving games (uses the PS3 OS). Is Far Cry 2 the same? If the PS3 OS handles the saves then maybe it has dodged this bug.
PS3 version here. I'm not 50%+ yet, and I've not had any glitches or corrupted saves thusfar. I alternate between two save files. This game doesn't go into the PS3 os when saving or loading, its done in-game.

TTG

Well it looks like some saves might still work according to that thread on the official forum.

I guess what I'll do is take on all of the side missions I can and save as often as possible for now. Atleast that will let me know if the corrupt saves start at the main story mission where I first got it and if some saves will work.

Top Bottom