• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon |OT| Sloan's blanket is six feet of my shit.

Andrew.

Banned
This game has hands down some of the coolest reloading animations I've ever seen.

I hope someone can GIF some of them.

MrDaravon

Took me 5 hours and 41 minutes to 100% the game. A tad shorter than I had expected, but still worth it. I still literally cannot believe the end sequence, holy goddamn fucking shit.

My only real annoyances were that they didn't fix the issue that Far Cry 3 had as well where the game is really picky about your positioning in order to be able to loot bodies, and getting lit on fire. Getting lit on fire seems to be way more of a problem in this than in FC3 for me for some reason, but I kept having issues where I was on fire but it wouldn't let me put it out for a while, or the prompt would come up to hold Y to put the fire out but I'd heal myself instead. So not sure if it's a bit glitchy with that or what. Also I did have one glitch where I literally couldn't move or do anything; I could still pause, but literally no other button worked, I tried fast traveling and it didn't fix it, but a reboot did.

233270_2013-05-01_0007zukl.png

First encounter with those dragons... Shit got real really quick.

I can't figure out how to get the game running completely in English, which sucks... But, perhaps more annoyingly, the game allow Fraps to run in Fullscreen mode. It only activates in windowed and borderless mode.

Thank you for contacting support@amd4u.com.

FarCry® 3 Blood Dragon is now available in the Never Settle Reloaded promotion! And there’s even more good news for those of you that have already redeemed a code: we’re giving you a FREE COPY by email to say thank you for supporting AMD Radeon™! Codes for FarCry® 3 Blood Dragon will be sent out starting the first week of May after the game is released.

Your request has been received and will be responded to within two business days. Each response is attended to personally by a member of our support team and we are working diligently to answer requests in the order received as soon as possible.

Regards,

AMD Support

Whoo, my question warranted an automated e-mail that basically says "meh, sometime this week".

KillerAJD

I got an email this morning saying the game was added to my account and sure enough, it was. I figured I'd have to wait half a day last night for it to pop up, but I'm glad I don't have to go through support. (I'm using the AMD promo)

Anyone else having trouble luring dragons with the hearts? I've come across two who haven't responded to the hearts at all. Rather annoying.

Anton668

ahhhhhhh!
Spyder went all stupid on me and I had to restart...

now I gotta start all over :(

eleventybillion tutorial boxes later......

lol

how do you make money in this? i need like 6000 bucks in the end to buy the rest of the upgrades but theres no money to be made anywhere :(

Syriel

Anyone else having trouble luring dragons with the hearts? I've come across two who haven't responded to the hearts at all. Rather annoying.

Do they have
brain control units on their heads
?

If so, they're gonna ignore your hearts until
you shoot that shit off their head

Do they have
brain control units on their heads
?

If so, they're gonna ignore your hearts until
you shoot that shit off their head

I hadn't even noticed that little detail. It all makes sense now and I also feel incredibly stupid that I didn't notice it.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
From playing through the demo I think I gotta agree with Jeff Gerstmann...there's a level of self aware jokiness that really works, then there's cloyingly self awareness to the point that you wish they just let the cheesiness manifest organically. He's right, they probably should played this straight more than they seem to be.

Nokterian

Best 15 euro's i have spend in a longtime. So good and so mutch fun. First secondary mission is save a nerd :p

And in a few days i have my poster also from Blood Dragon.

Linius

I guess cruising the island in a jeep isn't so safe any more. I drove a little bit on my way to a garison I wanted to liberate and got attacked by a dragon :lol

I'll walk.

bakeray

I received the Tomb Raider + Bioshock bundle for buying a 7870, from what I'm seeing I'm still eligible to get it for free, right? Do I need to fill anything out, or will they just e-mail me?

RS4-

The cheeziness is so good. Didn't enjoy FC3 (or 2) but this so far, has been fun.

Oh yeah, looting corpses is trash. Should've just let you auto pick up cash too.

Top Bottom