• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon |OT| Sloan's blanket is six feet of my shit.

Talyn

so maybe I'm missing it but where exactly is the soundtrack for pre-ordering on Steam?
Should be in: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon\Soundtrack assuming you're using Windows 7 (64-bit) and Steam is installed on drive C, of course.

Wow, this game is great. I initially thought the parody aspect would put me off, but I actually really enjoy it (especially the music. The song that plays during the "unlock full game" screen in the demo is awesome). Most parody games are too self-aware, unlike the object they are parodiesof. And though that's obviously true with Blood Dragon, something about it just clicks. Plus, the framerate felt way better than OG Far Cry 3.

I really enjoyed Far Cry 3, so for $15 this seems like a no-brainer. What's this with the soundtrack? Is it a PC-only thing? Because I'm planning on getting it for the 360.

AHA-Lambda

It's pretty neat so far, played about an hours worth, the style of it does much more for me than the actual gameplay does but I'm not surprised at that given my past indifference towards FC3.

Also, uPlay is weird =/
It makes me install uPlay, and it's basically just like the Origin client but Blood Dragon only shows up on the client when I launch through Steam first. Makes sense cos that's where I bought it from but it makes the client install redundant. Weird.

t-ramp

I really enjoyed Far Cry 3, so for $15 this seems like a no-brainer. What's this with the soundtrack? Is it a PC-only thing? Because I'm planning on getting it for the 360.
You can buy it from iTunes if you like it enough to spend $10 extra. I dunno if it's coming to other services, but I would guess it will end up all over the internet as well.

Talyn

People who preordered from Uplay or Steam (maybe other PC DD services as well, no idea) got the soundtrack for free, the composer is also selling it separately on iTunes and Amazon. The latter is $8.99.

Andrew.

Banned
Is this an accurate representation of the gameplay in Far Cry 3 ? As all these close quarter chain kills and shuriken throws are awesome fun.

Pretty much, but what Ive noticed so far is that enemies seem to bunch up more in this than in vanilla, meaning chain kills and double takedowns come more frequently which makes sense considering how much of an ultra badass you are.

However Rex runs much faster than Brody does and of course you take zero damage from falls.

Pretty much, but what Ive noticed so far is that enemies seem to bunch up more in this than in vanilla, meaning chain kills and double takedowns come more frequently which makes sense considering how much of an ultra badass you are.

However Rex runs much faster than Brody does and of course you take zero damage from falls.

Yeah, I definitely noticed the speed increase. It's weird, I only barely played Crysis 2, but everytime I jump in this game I hold A because I think it'll give me the extra high jump like in that game. For some reason I can't get that out of my mind.

Also, though I love the cheesy 80s style, I'm not a fan of the red sky or filter placed on the game. I liked the clear, crisp look of the world of Far Cry 3. Unfortunately it doesn't look like that's the case here.

And the shotgun is unfair. Not because it's overpowered, but you look like such a badass when holding it I never want to use anything else.

Corto

Oh god I had to stop playing to laugh my lungs out. The dialogue is brilliant.

Rex: Just come back in one piece! You've got a wife and a kid waiting for you.

Spider: If this doesn't work. You tell them... you tell them I died for my country!

Rex: Ýou tell her that yourself you hear me?

So good.

antitrop

Is this an accurate representation of the gameplay in Far Cry 3 ? As all these close quarter chain kills and shuriken throws are awesome fun.

Make no mistakes, this is still Far Cry 3.

If it was made by this guy.
ofySFjD.jpg

Corto

I know that humor perhaps more than anything else is not universal but anyone that plays video games frequently and is desensitized to the ridiculous super seriousness they try to convey while putting you in ridiculous situations, after just a few minutes playing this game, this a motherfucking epiphany. This is fun. I almost forgot about it.

antitrop

After about 2 hours with this game I have no problem considering it better than Far Cry 3.

The pacing is fantastic, whereas I felt the gameplay in Far Cry 3 was all too often boring and trivial, interspersed with moments of frenetic glory. You had to do a lot of stupid, silly shit to get to the cool parts. Not to mention Far Cry 3 had terrible characters (Vaas being the incredible exception, obviously) and a horrible plot, Blood Dragon is awesome.

Andrew.

Banned
Yeah neither do I, but it's the 80's baby/growing up in the 90's kid saying this =P

It totally is better than vanilla though.

-PXG-

Why are my fans on near full blast running this game @ 1080p. Downsampling from 1440p doesn't even make them NEARLY this loud.

My PC never seems to have to work this hard to run a game. Jesus. Talk about awful optimization.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Winners don't use drugs.

Man, this game. Everyone needs to be keeping up to date with the logs in the menus as well, all the animal/weapon descriptions are great. The story synopsis too.

Corto

Why are my fans on near full blast running this game @ 1080p. Downsampling from 1440p doesn't even make them NEARLY this loud.

My PC never seems to have to work this hard to run a game. Jesus. Talk about awful optimization.

Far Cry 3 was also a mess performance wise. On my PC Blood Dragon at the same settings seems to run a bit better than FC3 though.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I just want to let everyone know that today is my 21st birthday and I am celebrating it by being drunk and flipping off laser shooting dragons. I couldn't ask for a better gift.

kamicowzi

Banned
I just want to let everyone know that today is my 21st birthday and I am celebrating it by being drunk and flipping off laser shooting dragons. I couldn't ask for a better gift.

Happy birthday! I could celebrate like you only if Uplay would download the damn game....going suuuuppppeeerrrr slooooowwww for me.

Nokterian

Happy birthday youngster!

Well now you can see why a lot of people like me love this. Everything with 80's vibe from the music to the onliners and great movie references there you have it.

I need more of these kinda games,just for shit and giggles.

I hope Blood Dragon becomes a huge financial success and inspires a new subgenre of "neo 80s" videogames. There is already a ton of neo 80s musical artists out there (Lazerhawk, Perturbator and Power Glove being my favorites) and now I want to see that same sensibility spread to gaming.

edit: I guess Hotline Miami counts. Love that game. I want more though, always more!

-PXG-

I can't stand to hear my fans go ape shit like this. I've never had a game do this. I have much more demanding games than this that hardly make any noise.

I got shit to do anyway. But damn, I really just want to jump into this without having to turn my volume up to stupid levels just to drown out my fans.

t-ramp

I can't stand to hear my fans go ape shit like this. I've never had a game do this. I have much more demanding games than this that hardly make any noise.

I got shit to do anyway. But damn, I really just want to jump into this without having to turn my volume up to stupid levels just to drown out my fans.
I was so confused for a minute. Your post is pretty funny if one uses the "devoted follower" definition of "fan".

Megasoum

Banned
My god...I hope there's an upgrad to reduce the time to aim down the sight of the rifle! First time this even bothered me in a game but it takes FOREVER!!!

Top Bottom